What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Spinoff: Who here is happy with their career?

LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone elsePosts: 20,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
I came the conclusion a while back that my job will not be my contribution to the planet. I will have to help people in my spare time and my career will just be a means of making money and financing my efforts to better the world.

Looking at the other thread a lot of people make good money here. That's great to know, but how many people like their jobs?

I personally hate my weekend job; my weekday job is fun but working 20 stories up in 40+ weather sucks.

Anyone here really have a career that fulfills them?
The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher

Replies

• Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 50,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not me. I need to get back into school. Gonna take me forever to graduate but that shits expensive man and i aint trying to do no loans.
    LUClENGettinLoMeester
  • Billy_PonchoBilly_Poncho Vox Populi Posts: 22,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah but I'm on track to where I wanna go
    PiffyHazes_a_m_r_i_o
  • 700700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAPosts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I am sometimes im not
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?

b00kie wrote: »
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?
    haha He cool man, I wasn't in the streets but

He was always lil, like 5'3. But a big mouth, couple times nigga had to square up. At the football game he took that stick the drum major had and cracked a nigga over the head w it and broke the stick

Nigga was cold on the bball court though, I didn't get that starting spot until he stopped coming to school. School let out at 3 we had to stay till the games at 6 so he used to just rap about whatever people talkin about passng time.

Then he started hanging w C-Loc and them, rappin/hustling whatever, rarely came to school anymore. When he did he would just be Polo down.... come, counting stacks $ at recess, everybody lookin.

OH and biology class blunt fell out his ear and the teacher tried to grab it. He twist that lady arm grabbed the blunt off the floor n left. lol
    Far from a groupie...but a Boosie story

Nga was in the club and I was out and about in another state..I was doing business there and decide to step out...and heard dude was going to be at the club on the radio...Now I don't know dude like that..but again my patnas know dude...I goes to the club..dude has his own section in the club..him and his crew and a few women...I walk up to the area and he comes over and he like you be in B.R. and you be wit such and such and I was like yea..he like mayne what you doing out here..I told him.. he was like..mayne you family come on in V.I.P. and get what you want..you want this..you want that..i was like nah..nga handed me a bottle and told me just to take it...again I don't know dude like that to be gettin a bottle..but the love he showed..I see why ngas love this nga down here so much...so I was leaving the club after he performed..nga was like you good you need bread..you need money on a room..and I was like shocked the nga even reached out like that..and I was like nah.. Nga didn't care who you were..if he fucks wit you..he fucks wit you..that's why alot cats fuck wit the lil nga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uMoBtaS-wvg&fb_source=message
  • NIKE...NIKE... Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't complain but I kno shit can be alot better or alot worse..

Just need to diversify and move on from what I'm doing now

Meesters_a_m_r_i_o
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My job is making a whole state side effect. I love it.
    tumblr_mb0d6eD9dS1r7bmo8o1_500.gif

• GettinLoGettinLo Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I was doing the same thing I do now at a different place, preferably an auto manufacturing co (VW AG, MB or BMW) b/c it would be the perfect combination of using my skill set with one of my passions (cars)...

A few months ago I just missed getting a job at LV... shit would've been GOAT for wife, mom, sis & cousins
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHnFHIdxlLo

B_A
  • hoodsaviorhoodsavior Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love being a chef..
    GettinLoLUClENms.jonesPiffyHaze
  • mryounggunmryounggun Loading up my Grey Matter Glock Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like my job. I work at Apple...what's NOT to love? But it isn't my dream job, which is ion Hollywood. But I've got one foot in that world already and made a good amount of money and had some success already so that makes it easier to wait for my moment.
    LUClENDarthRozayms.jones
  • bull6599bull6599 Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. It's a cool job & it's allowing me to better myself while pursuing & completing my education, but I can't see myself doing this long term. It's a means to an end.
    LUClEN
  • KnowReasonForPeaceKnowReasonForPeace Legit 80s Baby... Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hate both my jobs but the money made from them and the potential money to be made from my moving business keeps me from having to go to school so i won't complain.
    photo.jpg
  • Houston TexanHouston Texan Trunks pop tops drop Where I-10 meets I-45Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like my career for now...but eventually I want my own businesses.......
    s_a_m_r_i_o
  • Chi SnowChi Snow Night's Watch Castle BlackPosts: 27,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <----

this and the salary thread got me scared than a mofo tho

His hair?
    WACK
    His gear?
    WACK
    His jewelry?
    WACK
    His footstance?
    WACK
    The way he talks?
    WACK
    The way he doesn't even like to smile?
    WACK
    Me?
    I'm tight as FUCK
  • Got Em ShookGot Em Shook Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am...its laid back and I'm making good $$
  • ms.jonesms.jones Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really do look forward to coming in to my job. I get a chance to be exposed to important individuals that have the power to decide the direction of their company. With every exposure, I learn something new, gain a better understanding, and definitely become a better negotiator.

Business meetings, money talks, and power moves excite me. Seeing the fruition of my work unfold in front of me is a thrill. Yeah, I'm pretty happy.

MsSouthernMeTaL
  • kzzlkzzl Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy with my shit. Married my craft you could say.

The only real bad part is having to deal with other assholes from time to time.

But it's a great feeling seeing some shit I help make in action. It was 20 pieces of 11 gauge iron when we got it. Now it's on Son's Of Guns. Somebodies bar b que pit. A hospital, a stadium, a mall, a bridge, a ship. I can go back home, tell my godson and his siblings that I built I help build that school their gonna attend when they get older. Know that my shit is gonna protect people and has to hold up in case of war. Save their lives.

Ain't no fame in it. And I sometimes feel like I outta get a free dinner or coupon from some of these customers. But I do love what I do.
    ms.jonesNIKE...
  • bigduece69bigduece69 Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to lie, I hate my job. If it wasn't for the money and growth potential and the fact that Im too lazy to start over in another career I would've been quit. Being a warehouse supervisor isn't a bad gig, I just hate having the feeling like I'm babysitting grown kids.
    gtfoffmyfieldcam.gif
    1NKv0.gif
  • dallas' 4 evadallas' 4 eva Dallas Cowboys 2016 NFC EAST CHAMPS Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was miserable driving trucks.
    193104-dallas-cowboys-758-x-140-banner-cowboys.jpg
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    am I the only one who thinks people should actually say what their job/career is?
    Ms.Scorp
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 19,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was miserable driving trucks.

Were you driving over the road?