Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP 2 Discussion Thread (Nov 5th)

Replies

• can'tyoutellcan'tyoutell Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    I can't imagine Kendrick would do a bad song with Em. Joe Budden and those other corny rappers would spit bars over a wack track, but I think Kendrick would have found a common ground with Em and not settle for a wack ass beat with a wack hook. Em needs to hook up with rappers/producers who aren't pushovers and not afraid to tell him when something is wack. He's going to sell the same units whether the album is good or bad, so he might as well make a good album.

Nigga....

Maybe not Kendrick, but the point stands that Eminem has too many yes men around him. However he sells with this wack formula, so no one can tell him otherwise.

Edit: beat sounds like a mortal kombat stage theme.
  • choppa_stylechoppa_style Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine Kendrick would do a bad song with Em. Joe Budden and those other corny rappers would spit bars over a wack track, but I think Kendrick would have found a common ground with Em and not settle for a wack ass beat with a wack hook. Em needs to hook up with rappers/producers who aren't pushovers and not afraid to tell him when something is wack. He's going to sell the same units whether the album is good or bad, so he might as well make a good album.

I believe his more mainstream albums sold more than the others so he probably is trying to get those sales.
  • TuggerNutzTuggerNutz Posts: 5
    Girl.. I know u want this diiiiiick????
    StoneColdMikeynillerthekid
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey I am what the people need. MIKEYFORMOD CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 22,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the concept of The moNster but man this song sucks.
    The Recipe
  • L3NUL3NU Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay-z released his last 2 albums digitally first so i get why those didnt leak ahead of time...but this album is coming out in 6 days and it still hasnt leaked...even GTA5 leaked by now, whats the deal?
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 34,657 Regulator
    L3NU wrote: »
    Jay-z released his last 2 albums digitally first so i get why those didnt leak ahead of time...but this album is coming out in 6 days and it still hasnt leaked...even GTA5 leaked by now, whats the deal?

The last year or so, it seems like a bunch of the big name artist have found a way to stretch that shit out as long as possible. I remember at one time it used to be normal for shit to leak at least 2 weeks ahead of release date. Somebody knows something.
    StoneColdMikeyL3NUAlready Home_17
  • ROZAYTABERNACLEROZAYTABERNACLE Posts: 17,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 22,011 Regulator
    I liked the Monster track.

Now my only thing with this album is this.... I AM EXPECTING a record like this:

But in 2013.... now if you gonna dye your hair blonde and rename an album after a classic then I want to hear a Marshall Mathers 2013, do it Marshall, if Kendrick did it w/ the little niggas then let's hear this Kanye West and Lil Wayne diss. Even if it's just playful jabs, at least give us old fans something to reminisce about.
    L3NUJao
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 22,011 Regulator
    Also IMO I think it's a bad idea for artists to try and rename albums after classic works, I always felt that you should just allow it to live and let die. Cuz what happens is fans associate it & weigh it against the classic. It's fucking hard to recreate a classic and plus you gotta compete with the memories that made those times epic and so memorable since music marks time.

I think it's a huge risk - b/c creatively I think it's a big no-no but commercially just b/c it's Em it'll sell like a blockbuster movie but still..... maaaaannnnn iunooooo....

A1000MILES wrote: »

Nigga....

But to be fair Cudi wack af tho....
    VIBE
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx Those other groups are cool and all But Wu Tang Is for the Children!!!!! At the 36th chamberPosts: 7,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EMINEM 'MONSTER' SONGWRITER REVEALS HIMSELF, NAMES WHAT LABEL WANTED SHADY'S RECORD

Twenty-two-year-old singer Jon Bellion revealed putting the record together at mega producer Just Blaze's frequent studio spot Stadium Red earlier this year.

Bellion's session wasn't with Blaze though; instead he was called to work on music with producers Frequency, Alias and their artist Bebe Rexha. The session started with Bellion playing some of his solo songs (he's managed by Visionary Music Group, the same outfit who signed Def Jam rapper Logic to his first deal), but quickly turned as he started coming up with a song for Rexha to record. "Fast forward dude plays keys, hopped on the keys, started playing chords and I'm literally like, 'I'm friends with the monster,'" Bellion said singing the words that Rihanna would eventually sing. "I just mumbled it." (MTV)

According to Bellion, Atlantic Records reached out in hopes of snatching the track.

Once the song was recorded Frequency suggested that they offer the track up to Shady Records, where he had a connection producing for Slaughterhouse. "We were all like, 'Yeah that'll be crazy. That will be so dope if that happened,'" Bellion said, recalling the pie in the sky proposal. "I come back four days later to the studio and he's like, 'Yo, Atlantic wants the record, Shady wants the record, everybody wants the joint.'" The creation team eventually decided to go with Eminem. Though other artists had guaranteed to make the song a single out of the gate, the Shady team made no such promises. "Eminem was the biggest risk," he said. "But we were like, 'It's the biggest payoff if he takes it.'" (MTV)

http://www.sohh.com/2013/10/eminem_monster_songwriter_reveals_himsel.html
    Sion
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 34,657 Regulator
    lol @ the record almost being B.o.B.'s for real.

I hate when record label's/artist do this shit. This is part of the reason why we are where we're at in music. Seems like artist/producers are too lazy to work with each other and be original.
    buttuh_bnillerthekid
  • TheEyeronic1TheEyeronic1 isntiteyeronic.com Posts: 11,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ the record almost being B.o.B.'s for real.

I hate when record label's/artist do this shit. This is part of the reason why we are where we're at in music. Seems like artist/producers are too lazy to work with each other and be original.

the reason this all happens is because labels are signing song writers & producers, therefore, they want their signed artists to use said template tracks so they can eat off of the publishing points.

this is why i hate the ENTIRE Recovery album. its not a true eminem album.

• nj2089nj2089 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF IS THIS LOVE GAME SHIT SMHHHHHHHH
  • CoolJoeCoolJoe Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another weak track.
    (ob)Scene
  • (ob)Scene(ob)Scene Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this shit might be worse than relapse
    can'tyoutell
    May be the 1st Em album I won't cop smh
    ROZAYTABERNACLE
    Intro is decent. Not crazy not bad.
  • BabaaaBabaaa Posts: 330 ✭✭✭✭
    all the songs that have leaked are wack, including this love game shit
  • TheEyeronic1TheEyeronic1 isntiteyeronic.com Posts: 11,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nj2089 wrote: »

atleast relapse was an official eminem album constructed by him and dr dre.

these last two albums are seemingly phoned in; these songs are given to eminem as beats with hooks already on them...

nj2089
    nj2089 wrote: »

atleast relapse was an official eminem album constructed by him and dr dre.

these last two albums are seemingly phoned in; these songs are given to eminem as beats with hooks already on them...

As wack as those pre made hooks are listening to the album right now and hearing Em's hook game in 2013 I have to say that it's probably best he keeps using those pre made jawns.
  • JerfyTJerfyT Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    You guys don't get that the album seems to be going through the history of hip hop. Love Game is a Pharcyde/ATCQ type song.
    blu197(ob)SceneCoolJoeVIBE
    JerfyT wrote: »
    You guys don't get that the album seems to be going through the history of hip hop. Love Game is a Pharcyde/ATCQ type song.

If that's the case then it was poorly executed b/c the song was trash.

ROZAYTABERNACLEBuilt 4 cuban linxCeLLaR-DooR