What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official 2013-2014 College Basketball Thread

SunflowaSeedsSunflowaSeeds Posts: 12,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
Preseason Rankings:
1) Kentucky
2) Michigan State
3) Louisville
4) Duke
5) Arizona
6) Kansas
7) Syracuse
8) Florida
9) Michigan
10) Ohio St
11) North Carolina
12) Oklahoma St
13) Memphis
14) Gonzaga
15) VCU
16) Wichita St
17) Marquette
18) Oregon
19) Connecticut
20) New Mexico
21) Wisconsin
22) Notre Dame
23) UCLA
24) Indiana
25) Virginia

Others receiving votes: Baylor 102, Colorado 93, Creighton 87, Iowa 86, Tennessee 73, Georgetown 38, Harvard 28, Pittsburgh 23, California 16, Boise State 11, Saint Louis 8, La Salle 7, Missouri 4, Temple 4, Villanova 4, Kansas State 3, LSU 2, Illinois 2, Iowa State 2, Arizona State 2, Georgia 1, UNLV 1
Chief Keef does NOT like fake shoes.
Matt-9TRAY

Replies

• IbexIbex Posts: 7,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Kentucky is going to be fun to watch this year, the Harrison twins could arguably be one of the best back courts in college basketball. I question the hype around Jabari Parker, every time I've seen him play he looks like a slower version of a young Paul Pierce. It will be interesting to see if Duke runs their offense through him or if they rely heavy on their guards. I do believe in Andrew Wiggins though, the only thing I see lacking in his game right now is his mid-range shot and three pointer, other than that he is solid defensive player, and a beast athletically. I think he has the talent to impose his will enough in the college game to at the very minimum get Kansas to a sweet 16
    Image.jpg
  • Billy_PonchoBilly_Poncho Vox Populi Posts: 22,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kansas should be higher, don't see how they aren't top 3.
  • goodlookinoutgoodlookinout You Bitch You Posts: 5,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 48,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im excited for this season.
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

• infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 48,783 Regulator
    Canes are predicted to finish 12th in the ACC lol.
    tumblr_oqf7jvQVoh1tnaufeo2_540.jpg
    tumblr_onj2y2VMMA1sc0ffqo4_540.gif
  • O.G.O.G. GUILTY BY AFFILIATION. Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • franknittifranknitti Posts: 143 ✭✭
    What ol boy get suspended from Louisville for?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man so many freshman: parker, wiggins, randle,gordon(dude gon have a blake griffin like highlight reel), the harrison twins and Marcus Smart came back for his sophmore season. ACC gonna be crazy this year I'm hoping pitt plays well again even though we never get the best recruits. I think Randle will ball but Kentucky won't finish the season #1
    jameshardenmixesitupovernets.gif?w=650
    harden_rubio_0_1428406554.gif
  • O.G.O.G. GUILTY BY AFFILIATION. Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vegas odds to win the title. Good value in Kansas, Duke,Louisville and Michigan St. IMO.
    Kentucky
    7/2
    Kansas
    6/1
    Duke
    7/1
    Louisville
    10/1
    Michigan St
    10/1
    Ohio St
    15/1
    Florida
    15/1
    Arizona
    15/1
    North Carolina
    25/1
    Michigan
    30/1
    Syracuse
    30/1
    Oregon
    40/1
    Oklahoma St
    40/1
    VCU
    40/1
    Memphis
    50/1
    Indiana
    50/1
    Wisconsin
    60/1
    U Conn
    75/1
    St Louis
    75/1
    Pittsburgh
    75/1
    Viriginia
    75/1
    Georgetown
    75/1
    Colorado
    75/1
    Florida St
    80/1
    Maryland
    80/1
    Gonzaga
    100/1
    Creighton
    100/1
    Marquette
    100/1

216b0dc72b1593daec90ca04f33eaa70.jpg

• LivefromclaycoLivefromclayco Posts: 13,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Predicted last in the SEC

Mark Fox gotta go and we gotta start cheating again
    Beezus
  • caddo mancaddo man Failure is success in progress! Posts: 21,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LSU basketball looking up this year. Johnny Jones has the aussie pipeline going that St Mary's used to have. they will make some noise this year.

slucrr7ld6jl.jpeg
    The IC Law (please read before posting)

You have the right to remain silent.
    Anything you say can and will be used against you in the threads of the IC.
    If you are a female, You have the right to talk to another poster and have him present with you during an exposure.
    If you do not have another poster to save you, one will be appointed to represent you, if you post a proof pic of yourself with a timestamp. Representation will be aquired if your pic is deemed simp worthy. All posters are consider a male until a proof pic or vid is provided.

The Intelligent Waiver

Do you understand each of these rights as I have explained them to you?
    Having these rights in mind, do you wish to post a proof pic(for females) or tell us your personal story now?

Old Poster admission
    There is a chance that I am your Daddy. What is your momma name again?

• southsil4lilsouthsil4lil Short TexasPosts: 9,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its going to be a rough season.....
    BeezusChef_Taylor
  • 9TRAY9TRAY EverywherePosts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chicago State is not ranked unfortunately

I'm lookin' forward to seeing what The Mormon from The South side of Chicago does down @ Duke .. Jabari Parker
    tumblr_oomercbcDW1t1k6p7o1_500.gif

tumblr_omf0ouQQmH1t1k6p7o1_500.gif
    ckfree
  • A$AP_A$TONA$AP_A$TON 30 Year Old Version Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    It's the Dream meets the Supreme Team #BBN

9196218.jpeg

Blue...I Bleed Dat...Belee Dat

UKlogo-3.jpg detroit-pistons__400x250.jpg379.gif
    No Matter What Still Reppin The Set. #Bang

F.P.G. Free Post Gang
    Beezus
  • BeezusBeezus Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • goldenjagoldenja Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j8i45g.jpg
    goldentouchphotography.com
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
  • Co_Town_MichaelCo_Town_Michael Bruh. TexasPosts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We missed the top 25 behind Virginia??
    Fuck outta here.
    We're far better than we look on paper, but coach Drew is gonna need someone to call plays when we run half-court offense.
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ASU ASU hoping for a tournament birth
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

• Chef_Taylor Chef_Taylor Young King.....pay me in gold Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nit bound
    My weakness Beautiful Black Women>

a653763accd13b967064d34578fa769a.jpg

9TRAYA$AP_A$TON
  • Datdude87Datdude87 Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Getting back to the big dance this year. Purdue.
    jhfodz.jpg
    Cuh gon miss a wide open 3 with less than 6 seconds left. Like was he serious???

LMAO
  • Matt-Matt- stew Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NCAA rules committee has directed game officials to call fouls on hand-checking on defense. The NCAA is also making it more difficult for defensive players to draw a charging call.

The expected changes come after Division I teams averaged only 67.5 points per game last season, the lowest since 1981-82.

• Matt-Matt- stew Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol this is how you "shut down" the gym at duke. they all the way turnt up after that one
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=viB6rGUhEIM

MaddRapper9TRAY
  • caddo mancaddo man Failure is success in progress! Posts: 21,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt- wrote: »
    lol this is how you "shut down" the gym at duke. they all the way turnt up after that one
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=viB6rGUhEIM

The defender trying to explain that shit like" I had weak side help."
    Dude came over "That was weak side, Bruh."
    slucrr7ld6jl.jpeg
    The IC Law (please read before posting)

You have the right to remain silent.
    Anything you say can and will be used against you in the threads of the IC.
    If you are a female, You have the right to talk to another poster and have him present with you during an exposure.
    If you do not have another poster to save you, one will be appointed to represent you, if you post a proof pic of yourself with a timestamp. Representation will be aquired if your pic is deemed simp worthy. All posters are consider a male until a proof pic or vid is provided.

The Intelligent Waiver

Do you understand each of these rights as I have explained them to you?
    Having these rights in mind, do you wish to post a proof pic(for females) or tell us your personal story now?

Old Poster admission
    There is a chance that I am your Daddy. What is your momma name again?

• ckfreeckfree Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not really into college ball cause i have no team but im hyped for it this year

nov 12 duke vs kansas in chicago
    MaddRapper