What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

MAKE YOUR OWN LABEL TOURNAMENT SEMIFINALS. WINNER: Sion Records *4 -2*

13»

Replies

• IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    I'm losing by 2 and now that's a "landslide" so not only you don't know how to articulate yourself you don't know basic math. What a cool life you live
    pastor-jet.gif
    Bodhi
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Sorry for the miscalculation. So you received one vote that I see so far after skimming which means you're losing by more than 2 votes. Maybe you should check your own math. Idk though.. you might be using a different kind of addition and subtraction or something.

And just so you don't get confused, I'm not going by the rules of the game; I'm adding up all of the votes that each participant has received thus far to show you that my opinion is in agreement with the majority. So it's highly unlikely that we're all victims of bad taste. It's just your shit isn't up to par.

I kind of lost interest in keeping track after this post:

Thanks to all the voters. @Sion wins the community vote 4 - 0 and will now get 1 - 0 headstart.

The community is now over and only votes from the judges will count now.

Anyway, I don't have time to go back and forth with you about this. I would've given you a more in depth analysis but I missed the community vote. I was equally hard on MadSirius. It's nothing against you so don't take it personal.

I apologize for the interruption Gov. Cheese.

Peace.
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
    Cool story. Bye!

Carry on with the voting
    Sion bout to take this shit
    Bodhi
  • Bussy_Getta Bussy_Getta STFUPosts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote for souljah boys stacks on deck label.
  • GovernmentCheeseGovernmentCheese Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Future sales - My vote goes for @Sion. Eminem pretty much crushes all artist on Berg's label in the sales department. Not just that Sion have Em but he used him well. Em with beats from Rick Rubin, The 3 headed monster getting back together would sell out shows all over the world. Other than Em, it's pretty close but EM and the way Sion used him is just to much imo.

Future Critical accliam - Hard to pick with this one but My vote goes to @Icebergtaylor. His label is mixed with youth that have tons of potential and veterans that garnered global success, it's a very good balance. Berg's label is the future. For Sion, I think his label would have problems keeping up with the direction music is going. Em would be the only one on there that would most likely be able to adapt and still sell tons of records.

Longevity - I was about to call this a tie but looking back at it, I honestly think @Icebergtaylor gets this so he gets my vote in this one. Since the game is based on current status, this might be Em's last album. Em isn't a hip hop mogul like Jay or diddy so I can't imagine him sticking around making power moves for his label like those guys. 50's buzz aint the same like years ago and I don't see lloyd Banks and Jay E as artist that can bring longevity to the their label.

Album covers/tracklist - Sion's Scarface and Jay Electonica albums are GOAT but I think Berg's covers are overall more artistic. His Killer Mike one is underrated. My vote goes to @Icebergtaylor.

Roster/tracklist cohesion - My vote goes to @Sion. Both rosters are great but sion's label looks like a family, the cohesion is through the roof. I look at his label and instantly see a identity... Real Hip Hop. I look at Berg's label and I see art, It's a case where I give Sion a A+ and Berg a A-, it's that close.

My overall vote goes to - @IceBergTaylor
    tumblr_inline_mynqinDFKd1qhg0kw.gif
    daily_gifdump_478_11.gif
    c23ffce9-6ee0-4552-bf85-c2ef29b16a03.jpg?t=1394889152
    @Sion leads @Icebergtaylor 3 - 2

@Icecoldstew and @Missk are the only judges left, best of 7!
    daily_gifdump_478_11.gif
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 50,823 Regulator
    Cot damn, forgot all about this shit my bad. Ill get to it soon
    This was a true #1 vs #4 seed matchup
    Big ups to @Sion
    FyHunnitSuperSoakerGovernmentCheeseSion
  • MissKMissK #Lurkerlivesmatter FuckyouIcontribute Behind a DeskPosts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cover Art- @Iceberg gets it. I agree with those saying there is more artistic vibe and if I was unfamiliar with the artists just the covers would grab me. The only one I didn't like was T.I. (I was crushed cuz I'm a huge fan, lol) @Sion the Scarface covers were my favorites from your collection. This may be an unpopular opinion but there are still plenty of people that will pick up an album just based on cover art

Future Sales-Both labels have huge potential, Sion getting the old and new but Berg will come in strong with the new and younger sales-tough call. Having Em and Dre is giving the edge to @Sion. Dre could produce Miley and make that trainwreck credible again.

Future Critical Acclaim- @Iceberg gets this. can't agree more with this statement "but Sion's greatest thing is also his worse thing his artiste are proven and already have their "classics" and at this point they fighting ghosts of previous glory while Ice is yet to come"

Longevity- @Sion. His artists are proven and will always sell-fair or not

Roster/tracklist- @Sion...the family unit worked in his favor

Overall Vote: @Sion
    "Sometimes people don't notice the things we do for them until we stop doing them"
    GovernmentCheeseSion
    Thanks to all the judges and posters that voted. @Sion wins 4 - 2 and will now be going to the finals. Mods can close this, thanks.
    daily_gifdump_478_11.gif
    Sion
13»
This discussion has been closed.