MAKE YOUR OWN LABEL FINALS. JUDGES VOTE: *Sion Records Wins*

2

Replies

  • TonyDubbzTonyDubbz Realest Nigga Livin' Posts: 18,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    VIBE wrote: »
    future sales: @Sion has the heavyweights; Em, Dre & 50 who all would sell big #'s. Jay Electronica would do really well and so would Timbaland. Only ones I see selling big for @TonyDubbz would be Jay Z and Rihanna. But nothing compared to Sions line up of #'s.

    future critical acclaim: TonyDubbz. Sion has a line-up with less of a "future".

    longevity:TonyDubbz. He has the younger roster, all whom can still sell at a decent rate to keep the label alive. With Sions guys' nearing their end, I don't see Sions guys having that much longevity.

    album covers/tracklist: Sion, easily.

    roster/tracklist cohesion:

    can't lie, both are good rosters for different reasons. Sion has the hip hop lineup, the guys who will sell well as always. Dubbz has a bit of a younger roster, so they have the longevity. So what's better? The roster for the long run or the roster who can sell big for now? I'll have to go with Dubbz. It's more promising.

    Track list cohesion would go for Sion.

    overall: I want to be bias and pick Sion due to an awesome label that is hip hop oriented. The hip hop heavyweight label is a lot more appealing but they're all old and none of them are really in their prime. Exception would be Jay Elec.

    They're nearing the point where a full feature album from them isn't necessary anymore.

    Dubbz has Songz, Krit, RiRi, Miguel - all young and hot artists who will have the longevity.

    Do I vote for what I want? Or vote for what will be better business wise?

    I'm gonna assume business. @TonyDubbz wins.

    Thanks bruh & do yall see this?! this is the finals so can we please get a thorough break down of the votes? I promise it aint gonna take long.. Genocide I feel you and respect your vote but you gotta give us a little more than that bruh, same to my nigga Rozay.. this is the finals got dammit! THE FINALS!

    LETS GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD

    Edit - Sion good luck bruh!
    9yra8oazt939.jpeg

    tumblr_ljhxqfJwB71qhisruo1_500.gif
    [img][/img]1377736851_tumblr_m1gwskt4Bk1qdlfp4o1_500.gif

    Sho’nuff: Am I the meanest?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: Am I the prettiest?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: Well who am I?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: Who am I?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: I can’t hear you…
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    VIBESion
  • TonyDubbzTonyDubbz Realest Nigga Livin' Posts: 18,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lemzola wrote: »
    Business is about longevity. Enough with the 100 meters dash label Toney Dubbz 'z.

    Future sales : @sion. No need to expand here by naming the monsters of his label. Just adding the key fact of very long term sales and in extenso lots of royalties. Royalties are the vitamins of a great label and what distinguish Def Jam with No Limit.

    Future sales : @sion cause he got artists that will transmitt their flames through sub labels controled by @sion 's to young succesfull artists. Again, the remasterings , the remix will bring again lots of royalty cash.
    Rihanna doesnt have that hability. Dre brought Eminem, helped K. Lamar. What about Jay - z?

    Longevity : the two aformentioned criterias give an overwhelming advantage to @sion.

    Album cover / tracklist : @sion . Though i respect the passion and work for @tonydubbz. But deep inside him he knows that sion has acomplished a great , great work.

    Roster / tracklist cohesion : @sion

    people look at all the combinations. Ok its for the better or worse, but one flash of creativity will blind and inspire @tonydubbz ' roster for a decade.

    Thats brings us to

    Overall : @sion roster of artists/producers/sub label owner will surely give the pace to the industry. Indirectly they will force @toneydubbz 's roster to slightly copy them because of their names , impact to the game, classics .
    Creativity is the oil of talent. @sion has made the choice of tanking with that.

    Toneydubbz label is Lob city. Sion ' s is San antonio spurs aka everlasting quality , not always first but always top 5.

    Krit s flame is commercially gone. Dre Em are immortal.

    I go for creativity and sustainable big business.
    I go for the wise sion

    Thanks for participating bruh
    9yra8oazt939.jpeg

    tumblr_ljhxqfJwB71qhisruo1_500.gif
    [img][/img]1377736851_tumblr_m1gwskt4Bk1qdlfp4o1_500.gif

    Sho’nuff: Am I the meanest?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: Am I the prettiest?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: Well who am I?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: Who am I?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: I can’t hear you…
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEYSion
  • TonyDubbzTonyDubbz Realest Nigga Livin' Posts: 18,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @evilchuck this is basically a hip hop fantasy league that was thought up by @Governmentcheese. At the start of the competition there were many more labels and we were all given a budget and chance to bid/buy artist for our labels. @Sion and myself are currently the last two labels standing and if you'd like to participate all you have to do is vote on which label you think is the best by going to the first page of this thread and looking at the first two post.

    Take into consideration the artist who are signed to each label and really pay attention to these things if you do decide to participate:

    Future sales - Which label do you think would go on to sell more in the future album wise

    Future Critical Acclaim - Basically whos label has more to offer in the future, whos artist do you see still doing this shit for years to come.

    Longevity - Whos label do you think will be around longer?

    Album covers/tracklist: Who has the best album covers?

    Roster/tracklist cohesion: Look at both our rosters. Whos artist actually go well together? Also take the time to skim through our album tracklist, do the song titles & producers look like somethin the artist would actually use? or does it just look like it was thrown together with no thought?

    Overall - YOUR OVERALL VOTE, WHO DO YOU THINK SHOULD WIN.
    9yra8oazt939.jpeg

    tumblr_ljhxqfJwB71qhisruo1_500.gif
    [img][/img]1377736851_tumblr_m1gwskt4Bk1qdlfp4o1_500.gif

    Sho’nuff: Am I the meanest?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: Am I the prettiest?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: Well who am I?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: Who am I?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: I can’t hear you…
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    SionGovernmentCheese
  • GovernmentCheeseGovernmentCheese Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-1 tied up. Community vote, best of 3!
    tumblr_inline_mynqinDFKd1qhg0kw.gif
    daily_gifdump_478_11.gif
    c23ffce9-6ee0-4552-bf85-c2ef29b16a03.jpg?t=1394889152
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEYSion
  • GovernmentCheeseGovernmentCheese Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    evilchuck wrote: »
    someone explain this thread to me.

    @evilchuck It's a game where players have to make their own music label. Players built up their rosters from bidding wars they participated in at the beginning of the game. Posters and judges judges the labels based on cohesion, future sales, album covers/artwork etc. (The info on that is in the OP)

    This thread is the last round of the tournament, the winner will be considered the best label.

    tumblr_inline_mynqinDFKd1qhg0kw.gif
    daily_gifdump_478_11.gif
    c23ffce9-6ee0-4552-bf85-c2ef29b16a03.jpg?t=1394889152
    TonyDubbzSion
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEYLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY SHAPE YOUR REALITY INSIDE WHICH YOU THRIVE Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shout out to @governmentcheese @sion and @tonydubbz for this final !!!
    apocalyse-xmen-2016.jpg
    Sion
  • Michael_MaliceMichael_Malice #YM Posts: 17,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will drop my vote after the community vote. This is a good match-up.
    0698500_F_B991_463_C_8_F0_C_4926_DC9_B1806_15715_00000.jpg
    TonyDubbzSion
  • PurrPurr Evil Chuck Season. Jumpman jumpman Jumpman dat girl up to something!!!Posts: 32,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm voting for @sion cause we fucking.
    "The most disrespected person in America is the Black woman, the most unprotected person in America is the Black woman. The most neglected person in America is the Black woman."- Malcolm X
    Michael_MaliceSionGovernmentCheese
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote @ Sion

    You need solid producers for your albums which he has. Sion records has more variety which is key
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

    Thats not what you want to do.

    You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

    So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

    Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

    AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

    All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

    hqg-277.gif


    Sion
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote @Sion

    You need solid producers for your albums which he has. Sion records has more variety which is key

    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

    Thats not what you want to do.

    You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

    So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

    Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

    AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

    All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

    hqg-277.gif


    Sion
  • daboyag1daboyag1 Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Damnnn, I missed out on the community vote. I think Sion should win this though, because his label is constructed and organized very well. Although I like Dubbz label alot, I just think Sion's has more stability and consistence.
    Sion
  • GovernmentCheeseGovernmentCheese Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @daboyag1 you didn't miss the community vote, your votes counts.

    @sion is leading @tonydubbz 3 - 1 for the community vote, best of 5.
    tumblr_inline_mynqinDFKd1qhg0kw.gif
    daily_gifdump_478_11.gif
    c23ffce9-6ee0-4552-bf85-c2ef29b16a03.jpg?t=1394889152
    SionTonyDubbz
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 43,305 Regulator
    Got dayum I'm gonna be away from a computer and the internet for 36 hours :(

    Gonna be the most nerve racking shit ever SMMFH I'm curious as hell how this gonna come out in the end.....
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

    ^^^ If you need anything go here

    jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    TonyDubbzVIBEnillerthekid
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 26,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    Got dayum I'm gonna be away from a computer and the internet for 36 hours :(

    Gonna be the most nerve racking shit ever SMMFH I'm curious as hell how this gonna come out in the end.....

    kobe.gif
    A GODDESS/ICON & THE GREATEST FEMALE ARTIST EVER: MARIAH CAREY
    tumblr_mkz8t79VkZ1rmjy4go8_400.gif

    KOBE "BEAN" BRYANT
    tumblr_mohdwqEFUv1rz7szho1_500.gif

    AMARI COOPER
    coopered.0.gif

    Dress Like You Listen To Sinatra And Act Like You Listen To Pac
    rsz_12frank_zps16b2228d.jpg
    http://www.reverbnation.com/mcmenace
    Emcee Menace-The Stranger (Prod.By A.Joy) [Billy Joel Sample]
    SionVIBEGovernmentCheese
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 43,305 Regulator
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Got dayum I'm gonna be away from a computer and the internet for 36 hours :(

    Gonna be the most nerve racking shit ever SMMFH I'm curious as hell how this gonna come out in the end.....

    kobe.gif

    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

    I know what you sayin but you just NEVER know for sure fam LOLOL, the judges may feel otherwise. I don't wanna get over excited and then have my soul crushed LOLOLOLOLOL.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

    ^^^ If you need anything go here

    jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
  • PurrPurr Evil Chuck Season. Jumpman jumpman Jumpman dat girl up to something!!!Posts: 32,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    future sales: sion based on the top artists he has like em, 50, and jay e.
    future critical acclaim:sion because these artists already have critical acclaimed.
    longevity: sion because his artists already have longevity.
    album covers/tracklist: sion.
    roster/tracklist cohesion: sion.
    overall: sion because we are fucking.
    "The most disrespected person in America is the Black woman, the most unprotected person in America is the Black woman. The most neglected person in America is the Black woman."- Malcolm X
    Sion
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 26,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Got dayum I'm gonna be away from a computer and the internet for 36 hours :(

    Gonna be the most nerve racking shit ever SMMFH I'm curious as hell how this gonna come out in the end.....

    kobe.gif

    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

    I know what you sayin but you just NEVER know for sure fam LOLOL, the judges may feel otherwise. I don't wanna get over excited and then have my soul crushed LOLOLOLOLOL.

    You have this on lock... Dubbz I called it.

    You and Sion in the finals.

    Sion is going to run with this.


    and before anyone says anything or why I took sions side from the start because

    "THAAAAAATTTTSSSS MY HOOOOOOOOOMMMMIIIIIEEEEE" *NATE DOGG VOICE*

    tumblr_li5qnqHLVR1qf4wvco1_500.gif
    A GODDESS/ICON & THE GREATEST FEMALE ARTIST EVER: MARIAH CAREY
    tumblr_mkz8t79VkZ1rmjy4go8_400.gif

    KOBE "BEAN" BRYANT
    tumblr_mohdwqEFUv1rz7szho1_500.gif

    AMARI COOPER
    coopered.0.gif

    Dress Like You Listen To Sinatra And Act Like You Listen To Pac
    rsz_12frank_zps16b2228d.jpg
    http://www.reverbnation.com/mcmenace
    Emcee Menace-The Stranger (Prod.By A.Joy) [Billy Joel Sample]
    SionTonyDubbz
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 43,305 Regulator
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Got dayum I'm gonna be away from a computer and the internet for 36 hours :(

    Gonna be the most nerve racking shit ever SMMFH I'm curious as hell how this gonna come out in the end.....

    kobe.gif

    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

    I know what you sayin but you just NEVER know for sure fam LOLOL, the judges may feel otherwise. I don't wanna get over excited and then have my soul crushed LOLOLOLOLOL.

    You have this on lock... Dubbz I called it.

    You and Sion in the finals.

    Sion is going to run with this.


    and before anyone says anything or why I took sions side from the start because

    "THAAAAAATTTTSSSS MY HOOOOOOOOOMMMMIIIIIEEEEE" *NATE DOGG VOICE*

    tumblr_li5qnqHLVR1qf4wvco1_500.gif

    *daps* my nigga @_Menace_


    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

    ^^^ If you need anything go here

    jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    _Menace_
  • GovernmentCheeseGovernmentCheese Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    evilchuck wrote: »
    future sales: sion based on the top artists he has like em, 50, and jay e.
    future critical acclaim:sion because these artists already have critical acclaimed.
    longevity: sion because his artists already have longevity.
    album covers/tracklist: sion.
    roster/tracklist cohesion: sion.
    overall: sion because we are fucking.

    h852784D0
    tumblr_inline_mynqinDFKd1qhg0kw.gif
    daily_gifdump_478_11.gif
    c23ffce9-6ee0-4552-bf85-c2ef29b16a03.jpg?t=1394889152
    PurrTonyDubbzSion
  • PurrPurr Evil Chuck Season. Jumpman jumpman Jumpman dat girl up to something!!!Posts: 32,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop hatin.
    "The most disrespected person in America is the Black woman, the most unprotected person in America is the Black woman. The most neglected person in America is the Black woman."- Malcolm X
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 12,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea behind this series. I'll check it out and vote when I get some time later today.
    BUTTUH B - 2013 REASON DEBATES VI CHAMPION

    Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    #VegasLight #SwagShow #PopeyesHive
    GovernmentCheeseTonyDubbzSion
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 28,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i need to wait until my zzmbien wears off then i and exlain why i pick sion
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


    IceBergTaylorSion
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 48,253 Regulator
    Sion gets my vote
    tumblr_oqf7jvQVoh1tnaufeo2_540.jpg
    tumblr_onj2y2VMMA1sc0ffqo4_540.gif
    Sion
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 26,020 Regulator
    I ain't even going to lie I ain't peeped these threads since the T/S asked me to sticky them but those albums got me wishing some of them were real lol
    SionLEMZIMUS_RAMSEYGovernmentCheeseMissK
2
This discussion has been closed.