Soulja Slim, underrated rapper

MuhannadMuhannad Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm making this thread in honour of Soulja Slim. November 26 it'd be a decade since he was murdered. After Mac he was the best rapper on No Limit during their prime. Soulja Slim was necessarily the most lyrical rapper but like Pac or DMX to a lesser extent he could make you feel his rhymes. He could bring his thoughs across very well.

I honestly believe he would be large if he didn't get murdered. Eventhough he went too soon, his discography was great IMO. I own most of his albums and copped a few mixtapes. Only weak point in his discography is his production after he left No Limit. I think it had alot to do with budget. With a bigger budget and better production his post-No Limit albums would be even better.

My favorite track from Soulja Slim gotta be "Soulja 4 Life" from "Streets Made Me". This joint was like the soundtrack to my life. I don't even know how many times I spinned this track. Came out 12 years ago, but it's still dope to me. It's like I could've written this joint if I was a rapper. I already liked Soulja Slim and liked "Give it to 'em raw" but this made me a real fan.

One of the best rappers that never got his due IMO. A real complete rapper that knew how to craft a song and a cohesive album. If you're a fan like me, come and pay your respects and post your favorite Soulja Slim track.
kzzljee504tharealest561daflat'zfinestpurpngoldtrilladelicmrrealoneBlackAX410Rock_WellHafBayked

Replies

• kzzlkzzl Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • qtipp73qtipp73 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah he rated right where he supposed to be. just another southern rapper
    MuhannadBuilt 4 cuban linxTrillaaaaaaaladdin1978Peezy_JenkinsmrrealoneSlim85Rock_WellVader_F_Kennedy
  • MuhannadMuhannad Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    qtipp73 wrote: »
    nah he rated right where he supposed to be. just another southern rapper
    You're entitled to your opinion but this is just driveby posting. You didn't even substantiate your opinion.

Soulja Slim had a wide range. Soulja Slim made songs on a wide variety of subjects and had a joint for every mood. Like I said before he was able to put his feelings in the songs, making you feel his lyrics. Real n*ggas didn't call him NO Pac for nothing. He didn't bite the n*gga like P and C-Murder did at times, but you could see the similarities.

Soulja Slim - Slim Pimpin'. A laid back joint about - the title says it - pimpin'. Storytelling joint.

Soulja Slim - Heata on me. Just a hard track. Bgizzle's verse kinda took away from the joint but this still goes hard 10 years later IMO.

Soulja Slim - M.A.G.N.O.L.I.A.. Just Soulja reppin' his hood. This still goes hard I don't care what anybody says.

C-Murder _ I'm not just. This was from C-Murder's album he dropped in '01. Soulja Slim stole the show on this one. Opening verse went hard. Hard to top. "I don't give a f*ck n*gga, I'm murdered out/ Quick to shoving all things up in ya mouth/ I don't you once what I was 'bout, guess you ain't pay attention/ You put yourself in this position, beefin' was your intention..."

jee504tharealest561MR.CJBlackAX410
    @jee504 What's stopping you from posting your fast track in here?
  • jee504jee504 Confidence & Discipline New Orleans, LA Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    @jee504 What's stopping you from posting your fast track in here?

Man I been bumping Slim for the past week now. I was thinking of making an appreciation on the 26th. I saw your thread and was like aight I'ma post some shit. I got some known and maybe unknown stuff people might not remember. I gotcha homie
  • c.b.b.c.b.b. Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    RIP to Magnolia Slim, dude was one of the realest rappers ever.

Dude had that raw, rapid delivery and also could spot dope rhymes when he felt like it.

"Love Me Or Love Me Not" and "Soulja For Life" are two of my fav tracks from him
    Muhannadjee504MR.CJ
    You Got It. Off of Down South Hustlers.

Lokee & Magnolia Slim - Weed Fiends & Dope Fiends
    Sidenote - Lokee's Album Voodoo Gangsta Funk is dope as fuck

Slippin'

He kicked the same verse on UNLV's album Mac Melph Calio. It was more cleaner on here.

I got some more in mind. I'll post them later.

Muhannadtharealest561BlackAX410
    Check the lil rappin session and peep B.G. at the funeral.

MuhannadTrillaaaaaaMR.CJ
    Only liked this song with by Krazy Slim on it.

At some point they had beef when Slim put this out a lil bit before he died.

Krazy spoke on it. Never understood their beef.

• DA_Executionah! DA_Executionah! wassup ya'll TURN UP! TRUST ME THIS ONES A STINKAH!!!!Posts: 10,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013

this my joint rightchea.
    jee504MuhannadTrillaaaaaa
    Nigga was bucked up when that video was on BET.

Yeah Soulja's verse saved that song and was dope.

I already saw that interview years ago. Eventhough Slim wasn't lying when he called him a Tupac clone if what Krazy said was true that was a shame. I think Slim was pissed off because he felt P owed him money. He na streetn*gga so you know he gonna take it personal. He always remained cool with C as far as I know.

How you feel abhout Cut Throat Committee? I liked some of their sh*t. 12'clock was the best one. Read he got killed too years ago.

C-Murder - Water Whipped

Cut Throat Committee - U ain't no soulja
    jee504tharealest561Trillaaaaaa
    My favorites from Give it 2 Em Raw.

Wright Me

Head Buster

Imagine

Get High With Me

Law Brekaz

MuhannadTrillaaaaaaMR.CJBlackAX410
  • tharealest561tharealest561 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slim was that dude. Started off w/ KL on Parkway Pumpin records.

Somebody up that Murderdog interview w/ em. That interview summed up just how street and respected Slim was. The first album was typical NL (heavily featured) but he was able to show his growth on Streets Made Me, artistically.

Him and Cee were like brothers, and made some classic music together. That album with Doogie was shaping up nicely too.

RIP. free Mac, Cee, and Geezy
    Trillaaaaaajee504MR.CJ
  • TrillaaaaaaTrillaaaaaa Try to put salt in my name and I put pep in ya step Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whole Streets Made Me album was full of hard fuckin quotables!!!

"Nigga just shot my dog Doublecrossa!!!!
    beef is on, heat is on, tweakin for leakin domes"

"They stopped my shine well go and take of that business for me
    I got my time but still take care of that witness for me"

"Now I can say what im bout cuz I'm bout what I say
    Respect my mouth when I say, low down and dirty south where I stay"

"If you only knew what goes on in my mind
    I c murder and do murder, fuck it I'm trapped in my crime"

"I been smoking blunts with the devil thats why my eyes red as the fuck
    Now tell me do I look like the type that a be scared to bust?
    Well guess what, I'm screaming out murder me and I'm vest up
    Chest up
    Test nuts
    Watch up while I blessed ya
    You bitch made and I'm self made
    Magnolia caliope melph made
    I get through like a scalp blade
    And Kunta Kinte your left leg"

"Shits real ima tell you this off top
    All my niggas from the 6th court got glocks
    We killas dog
    Whole 6th and Willow dog
    For reala dog put yo head on a permanent pillow dog"

And these bougie niggas got the nerve to say he "just another southern rapper"

Nigga was Pac level....yeah I said it
  • TrillaaaaaaTrillaaaaaa Try to put salt in my name and I put pep in ya step Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't sleep on Years Later...A Few Months After either.

"When you fuckin wit me
    You fuckin wit the real...deal
    Fake niggas get fucked in the field
    I stay up in the field
    I never got fucked so I'm real
    Yous a bitch boy you hide behind the shield"
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 54,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fucks with soulja slim
  • Sad thing is nobody remembers "Slow Motion" was originally his song (hence why he's on the chorus & has two verses) he just gave it to Juve because he had a larger platform/label, and thought it'd get his name out there bigger but he had already passed when it blew up. Him and Juve were tight believe he was on a song on his last album called "U Bootin' Up"
    jee504
    B.G., Fiend, & Soulja Slim

As far Cut Throat Comitty, it seemed like Slim brought the best out of them. Around the time when the Sqad Up was pumping them mixtapes out, Chopper City and Cut Throat Comitty had mixtapes too. That's all you heard down here. One of my favorite cuts from was off of Years Later...A Few Months After.

B.G. & Soulja Slim - Uptown Souljas Album was my shit too. A few of my favorite cuts off of there. Slim was runnin that shit.

Let It Go Down

Got Em Runnin

However Whatever Whenever

Ride With Me

Behind Mines

Murder Show

My Nigga

Fuckin & Duckin

Muhannadtharealest561
    I liked that tape Soulja Slim & BGizzle dropped. this came out short after Slim got killed. Co-sign about Slim bringing out the best out of Cut Throat Committee. They have released some dope sh*t though after he passed like that track I posted yesterday.

The Real Cut Throat Comitty - November 26th feat. Jigg

BG - Soulja Sh*t (R.I.P. Soulja Slim)
    jee504
  • BrazilianHairMoneyBrazilianHairMoney Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah I was waiting for slim to blow... I thought it was his time then he got killed.
    jee504
  • daflat'zfinestdaflat'zfinest Posts: 54 ✭✭
    RIP to the legend magnolia slim aka Soulja slim...don't even seem like 10 yrs..."From what I was told" and "Can I ball" w/mac was what jumped it off for me w/ slim

if it aint real

my jacket

soulja this soulja that

ball and chill

cutthroat music
    jee504Muhannad