Beyonce ft Jay-Z - Drunk In Love

Replies

• Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    flow, delivery, lyrics...
    stop with the "drunk" excuse...
    many artists write/perform drunk/high and their shit is genius... this shit was garbage truck juice.
    rip.dillaalmighty breezeairspeeze23
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 14,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    This verse wasn't een wack...They were sposta be drunk...Fuck is y'all talmbout...?
    drunk in love. Not liquor. Nice try tho
    rip.dillaCJ
  • tompetrez3tompetrez3 Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pac spit a legendary freestyle while drunk. Jay Z gotta start taking rap a little more serious because those old RD BP TBA fumes he been riding on for past 10 years starting to sputter out super ugly. I would love to hear a Juicy J remix with one of his having sex with your wife sublims to make Jay Z pissed like Sean Paul did
    sullyrobblr86
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    flow, delivery,

His flow was choppy on purpose...His delivery was kinda high pitched, but I'd attribute that to the feel of the song...

lyrics

His verse was in chronological order...And I ain't hear no terrible lines...Cept maybe the G3, 4, 5, 6 shit

stop with the "drunk" excuse...
    many artists write/perform drunk/high and their shit is genius...

It's not an excuse...And it's not about bein genius...With this song they were trying to capture the way it sounds and feels when you havin drunk and wanna fuck...Ion see how they failed, sounds pretty realistic to me...

this shit was garbage truck juice.

Eso es simplemente una opinión ... Una opinión bastante simple en eso.
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    This verse wasn't een wack...They were sposta be drunk...Fuck is y'all talmbout...?
    drunk in love. Not liquor. Nice try tho

Nigga...What song did you listen to?...And how do you get drunk IN liquor?...I've been drunk ON liquor before...The song is not a metaphor it's a dramatization...
  • DNB1DNB1 If Yeen Got No Haters U Aint Poppin' Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ the trolling in here.

Stop it slime.
  • GetoBoyGetoBoy M.O.B. Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay has got to be the only rapper in the HISTORY of rap where EVERY verse he spits is over analyzed to this extreme I mean we're really going back and forth over a verse on a bey song like its song ole renegade II feat nas and em and jay just came with the weakest verse ever....does every verse this niggas spit REALLY need to be put on a scale and analyzed down to every word can't a niggas just rap with his wife for the fun of it smh
    216atlranrip.dillaBuilt 4 cuban linxnillerthekid
  • rip.dillarip.dilla 御子 Posts: 15,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Jay has got to be the only rapper in the HISTORY of rap where EVERY verse he spits is over analyzed to this extreme I mean we're really going back and forth over a verse on a bey song like its song ole renegade II feat nas and em and jay just came with the weakest verse ever....does every verse this niggas spit REALLY need to be put on a scale and analyzed down to every word can't a niggas just rap with his wife for the fun of it smh

When you walkin around calling yourself jehova, god mc, the best greatness is expected from you.

One of the realest shit I've ever quoted .. .
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 14,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip.dilla wrote: »

When you walkin around calling yourself jehova, god mc, the best greatness is expected from you.

One of the realest shit I've ever quoted .. .

co-sign. Why is this shit so hard for niggas to comprehend? This verse may have been cool for fuckin Trinidad James or Chief Keef cause the bar is that low for them.
    rip.dilla
    Okay...What could he have done that would make the verse better?...Hoe would you have liked him to approach this song...?
  • za'kissza'kiss Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Stay on beat for one.

And then you know, the basics. Worldplay, metaphors, similes, punchlines, interesting stories. In other word, BARS. And a good flow. Do you need a tutorial on dope MCing? And don't say he can't come correct on a song about love or sex, since rappers been making dope songs on these topics for decades.
    rip.dilla
  • GetoBoyGetoBoy M.O.B. Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He wasn't on beat???
    The Clint Eastwood "Trouble with the Curve" movie metaphor that probably went over your head wasn't good???
    Talking to a female about having her back up that mess she was talking wasn't interesting enough for you???
    Gotcha....
    A1000MILESpoindexter2texasdaking88Kalecrunch
  • za'kissza'kiss Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    All whack.
    soul rattlerrip.dilla
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx WU TANG BANGER, 36 STYLES OF DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!! At the 36th chamberPosts: 7,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy has tons of classic shit and yall bitching about one verse.
    GetoBoyalmighty breezesoul rattlerrip.dilla
    bitching
    overanalyzing
    standards too high...
    u niggas sound like stans. the shit is wack, no analysis needed.
    no excuses...
    he got murdered by his wife... this is historical... not many MCs can make that claim...
    Built 4 cuban linxGetoBoysoul rattlerrip.dillaWill Munny
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx WU TANG BANGER, 36 STYLES OF DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!! At the 36th chamberPosts: 7,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You niggas typing too much about a verse yall don't like. It's just strange to me. But whatever continue your hateathon
    soul rattlerrip.dillaMeta_Conscious
    its a message board... about hip hop...
    soul rattlerrip.dillaNothingButTheTruthnillerthekid
    Explaining why you don't like something = hating and over-analyzing

Where that nigga Jamal at? You sensitive niggas need fathers.
    rip.dillaMeta_Conscious
  • texasdaking88texasdaking88 Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked this song more than any of their other songs together.. it felt more real to me.. their a couple thats put time in, had their problems and still having fun, playin around and shit.. plus beyonce bad as fuck.. if its true about her and bodyguards, im really considering tryna make that happen.. i actually liked jay verse.. sometimes i wish i could listen to shit with some of yall ears but i probally wouldnt enjoy the music as much.. its a good song
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pac spit a legendary freestyle while drunk. Jay Z gotta start taking rap a little more serious because those old RD BP TBA fumes he been riding on for past 10 years starting to sputter out super ugly. I would love to hear a Juicy J remix with one of his having sex with your wife sublims to make Jay Z pissed like Sean Paul did

the most legendary music in all genres usually involved drugs and alcohol tho. why you think niggas become goat shit talkers after they drunk?

• poindexter2poindexter2 Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He wasn't on beat???
    The Clint Eastwood "Trouble with the Curve" movie metaphor that probably went over your head wasn't good???
    Talking to a female about having her back up that mess she was talking wasn't interesting enough for you???
    Gotcha....

Naw they wanted him to speak on the ills of the black community, or do "a week ago part II" on the verse
    texasdaking88soul rattlerBuilt 4 cuban linxrip.dilla
    He wasn't on beat???
    Gotcha....

Naw they wanted him to speak on the ills of the black community, or do "a week ago part II" on the verse

tumblr_mhvl9ft9kA1rgam01o1_500.gif
    rip.dillapoindexter2
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 7,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard it on the radio Its a bad verse imo.
    might be the worse shit he ever spit BUT its tolerable in context with the track.
    He might've actually been drunk.
    everybody don't turn into geniuses when they intoxicated.
    Bey was bullshittin too, even more so than Jay.
    But fuck all that did you niggas see Beyonce? gotdamn!