2013 BEST HIPHOP ARTIST

LEMZPOCALYPSELEMZPOCALYPSE IC's MOST IMPROVED FOREIGN POSTER - PICO'S LEGACYPosts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in The Reason
Thanks to your great contributions in the @stew and @sion threads we are able to present you the 10 finalists of this category.
Cast your vote, be heard and express yourself IC!!!
Sorry by advance if i ve forgotten to mention your fav artist. Just expresse it.
Lil Wayne ,due to his numerous health trouble and album quality, is not part of the nominees.

2013 BEST HIPHOP ARTIST

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
illedoutgangtasliveon

Replies

• StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 36,658 Regulator
    KILLER MIKE
    Album of the year + verse of the year = Artist of the year

Killa kill from Adamsville
    illestni99ainne
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KENDRICK LAMAR
    too easy...
    StoneColdMikey
  • rip.dillarip.dilla 天道様 Posts: 15,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KENDRICK LAMAR

. .
    StoneColdMikey
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx WU TANG BANGER, 36 STYLES OF DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!! At the 36th chamberPosts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KILLER MIKE
    And el-p
    LEMZPOCALYPSE
  • LEMZPOCALYPSELEMZPOCALYPSE IC's MOST IMPROVED FOREIGN POSTER - PICO'S LEGACY Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KENDRICK LAMAR
    I m between Killer Mike and Kendrick Lamar. Its hard
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PUSHA T
    Pusha's pen has been on fire since Summer of '12. No funny voices like them other dudes, just raw lyrics.

Exodus
    I Don't Like Remix
    New God Flow

'13 Features:
    Scared Money
    Pure White
    Millions
    etc.

My Name is My Name... the entire album was filled with quotables. Dope musically and lyrically.

Pusha Ton hands down.
    jono
  • LEMZPOCALYPSELEMZPOCALYPSE IC's MOST IMPROVED FOREIGN POSTER - PICO'S LEGACY Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KENDRICK LAMAR
    Kendrik won against a whole city. He deserves it.
    Meta_ConsciousStoneColdMikeyWiseGuyylemzolamaximus
  • rip.dillarip.dilla 天道様 Posts: 15,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KENDRICK LAMAR
    Pusha's pen has been on fire since Summer of '12. No funny voices like them other dudes, just raw lyrics.

He did sound like Ma$e on one of the tracks of his LP though .. .

He's lyrically efficient. No doubt. My only criticism was the number of other artistes on his debut album . ..
    LEMZPOCALYPSE
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    PUSHA T
    rip.dilla wrote: »

He did sound like Ma$e on one of the tracks of his LP though .. .

He's lyrically efficient. No doubt. My only criticism was the number of other artistes on his debut album . ..

Lol true, but I heard he was paying homage and Mase was okay with it. I'm not fond of anyone biting at any time, but it's whatever. I also agree with having them wackass rappers featured on his album, but it turned out well enough.

Despite all that shit, his pen game is/was the best, and I felt he was the best musically as well with his album cuts. He's the face of that official Hip-Hop sound right now.

"I rap nigga 'bout trap niggas, I don't sing hooks..."
    rip.dilla
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 25,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KENDRICK LAMAR
    Kendrick Lamar

Verse of the year that made a whole state catch feelings.
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KENDRICK LAMAR
    U niggas love NY so much... its disgusting...
    StewNothingButTheTruthStoneColdMikeyBobOblahWill MunnyWiseGuyy
    KENDRICK LAMAR
    I m happy to see Killer Mike getting props here.
  • KellmillKellmill Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KENDRICK LAMAR
    The "Control" verse and the BET Cypher were just too much, this kid is a problem. Eagerly anticipating his next album
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KENDRICK LAMAR
    BET Cypher >>>>, every album or verse I heard this year.
    LEMZPOCALYPSEStew
  • afro thunderafro thunder Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KENDRICK LAMAR
    Have to go with Kendrick on this one.
  • internationalinternational Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    DRAKE
    How's Kendrick the artist of the year? When his album dropped in 2012?!

Damn, at least try to evoke some level of objectivity, this kind of voting degrades and is a bad look on this forum as a whole.
  • GunTownGunTown Posts: 3,305
    edited January 2014
    EMINEM
    Eminem because he dropped a classic with MMLP2 not only did he kill the verses, but killed the hooks he was singing and produced some fire on the album as he handled most the production

Made 1 of the greatest, realist and most emotional hip hop songs ever with Headlights

Made a non hip hop song with Stronger Than I Was 1 of the most emotional and deepest songs ever that showed his diversity and creativity as an artist by making another non hip hop song

Name a better all rounded artist in 2013?

He rapped

He sung

He produced
    LEMZPOCALYPSEovoCapoCeLLaR-DooRnj2089
  • ovoCapoovoCapo Kingof illcommunity 6 SidePosts: 6,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAKE
    GunTown wrote: »
    Eminem because he dropped a classic with MMLP2 not only did he kill the verses, but killed the hooks he was singing and produced some fire on the album as he handled most the production

Made 1 of the greatest, realist and most emotional hip hop songs ever with Headlights

Made a non hip hop song with Stronger Than I Was 1 of the most emotional and deepest songs ever that showed his diversity and creativity as an artist by making another non hip hop song

He rapped

He sung

He produced

shut up he trash
    CeLLaR-DooRnillerthekid
  • WiseGuyyWiseGuyy Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    U niggas love NY so much... its disgusting...

• KliimaxxKliimaxx Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
    It's ALWAYS THE SAME PEOPLE that people are gonna vote for or put up anyways so what's the point? This thread has been done like a guzillion times already
  • D.OriginalD.Original Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭
    Mr Muthafuckin Exquire
    nillerthekid
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 11,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PUSHA T
    GunTown wrote: »

He rapped

He sung

He produced

shut up he trash

lol
    Stew
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt Posts: 8,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    J. COLE
    Big Krit, Papoose, Curren$y, Big Sean, Waka Flocka & French Montana
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 20,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PUSHA T
    I ain't mad about Kendrick winning but Push been killing it first Wrath of Caine then My Name is My Name dude been on point the last 12 months.