Usher or R.Kelly

_Menace__Menace_ 4 MODWest.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 26,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in R&B & Alternatives
Who's the better R&B Artist between these 2?

Better

Voice
Albums
Career
Songs

Who had a bigger impact on R&B music?

23_rkellyusher.jpg?enlarge=false&matte=true&matteColor=black&quality=0.85

Usher or R.Kelly 78 votes

R.Kelly
78%
supergangsterdwade206dontdiedontkillanyonplaymaker88eljay7iwhite715S2Jwillhustledetcatinvablack caesarthe ghostKNiGHTSred_ahhrip.dillanillerthekidDarthRozayqtipp73harry knucklezcobblanddallas' 4 eva 61 votes
Usher
21%
Dupacblackrainwizv.2real_hh_repBodhiJabu_RuleVader_F_KennedyRickyRichnj2089Say WhatCashmoneyDux32DaysOfInfinitiCockMcStuffinsSneakDZAMarkus GarveyLustchyldyahwehprofet 17 votes
Jik Jikkles

Replies

• _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 26,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.Kelly

Voice-RK
    Albums-Usher
    Career-Both sold over 40million records and have multiple hits (tied)
    Songs-I would say usher if he didnt do some corny Pop shit but ima have to say Kelly

R.Kelly is one of ushers influences and is the king of 90's RNB
  • Ol' FredOl' Fred Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.Kelly
    i fux wit r. kelly,one of da goat r&b songwriters of da 90's! & plus r. kelly didnt bring in a faggot named justin beiber like usher did!

rip.dilla_Goldie_
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 63,888 Regulator
    Usher is cool but Kells makes grown folks music
    Wonder Girl Say WhatpurpngoldMR.CJ
  • _Goldie__Goldie_ ablackweb.com Posts: 30,212 Regulator
    R.Kelly
    Dont ever disrespect the Goat like that again.. One writes and one doesnt. Usher is cool , but Kellz is the goat , period.
    nj2089Say WhatFlightKingrip.dilladontdiedontkillanyon
  • Say WhatSay What Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Usher
    Da Riddler wrote: »
    Dont ever disrespect the Goat like that again.. One writes and one doesnt. Usher is cool , but Kellz is the goat , period.
    I can understand someone liking Kels more than Usher but all time. He is no Stevie, Marvin or Prince. He is the most famous of a generation

CeLLaR-DooRonetoughmiracle
  • PremeerPremeer Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.Kelly
    silly question. r kelly hands down.

usher for the kids and teenie bops. kellz for the grown & sexy.
    rip.dilla
    edited January 2014
    R.Kelly
    Say What wrote: »
    I can understand someone liking Kels more than Usher but all time. He is no Stevie, Marvin or Prince. He is the most famous of a generation

I consider stevie and marvin to be more soul than rnb. When it comes to songs about relationships(freaky songs, breakup songs, etc) aint nobody fuckin with kellz. Then he also has shit like, i believe i can fly, i wish, trapped in the closet series. THe nigga wrote for micheal, he wrote for micheal -chappelle voice- lol . His 90s shit alone is shittin on most niggas whole catalouge.
    rip.dillaMR.CJ
    Usher

I consider stevie and marvin to be more soul than rnb. When it comes to songs about relationships(freaky songs, breakup songs, etc) aint nobody fuckin with kellz. Then he also has shit like, i believe i can fly, i wish, trapped in the closet series. THe nigga wrote for micheal, he wrote for micheal -chappelle voice- lol . His 90s shit alone is shittin on most niggas whole catalouge.

So he is better than Babyface & Luther? He is the best at sex music thats it. He makes more simple raunchy music that some people like. He also wrote "2 gorillas in the jungle making love" & constant monkey sounds listen to R&B Thug
    rip.dilla
    edited January 2014
    R.Kelly

the storm is over*
    _Goldie_rip.dilla
  • R.Kelly
    R Kelly FTW!
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 19,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehhh Kellz fell off terribly and his earliest shit is b4 my time
    rip.dilla
    edited January 2014
    R.Kelly
    Step in the name of love,happy people,when a women loves,etc He's still puttin out hits, its just more mature. His range is crazy.
    Premeer_Menace_rip.dillaMR.CJ
    R.Kelly
    This the only video i can find of it lol, this nigga had the whole buildin sayin the words for him, and he had about 30 more hits he couldve done

• blackrainblackrain Posts: 24,831 Regulator
    Usher
    I'll vote for the guy who doesn't write sex/love songs about teenage girls
    Bodhi
    edited January 2014
    Usher
    Usher did do it he just was a teenager also. R.Kelly also has a problem growing up. Still trying to look/act 25
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 64,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.Kelly
    Rkelly..

I thought this was gonna be who fell off the most.. Usher makes white race music now.

Rkelly is should shoot himself with the shit he has out now
    rip.dillaMR.CJ
    R.Kelly
    blackrain wrote: »
    I'll vote for the guy who doesn't write sex/love songs about teenage girls

yea. usher just wrote for the teenage girls.
    R.Kelly
    Usher did do it he just was a teenager also. R.Kelly also has a problem growing up. Still trying to look/act 25

he doesnt know success at 40
  • TrillRussellTrillRussell Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    R.Kelly
    R.Kelly of Course..but Usher is one of the greatest tho...If you were to put in Sports terms R.Kelly would be the Jordan of R&B and Usher would be Kobe.
    rip.dillaS2JMR.CJ
  • Jik JikklesJik Jikkles Baltimore Posts: 91 ✭✭
    R.Kelly
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Who's the better R&B Artist between these 2?

Better

Voice
    Albums
    Career
    Songs

23_rkellyusher.jpg?enlarge=false&matte=true&matteColor=black&quality=0.85

pretty much everything you said except I prefer more of Kells albums
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 26,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.Kelly
    Kellz Range is crazy

_Goldie_
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 19,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.Kelly
    Usher's got what, like 2 or 3 dope RnB albums? After Confessions I think he fell off and started all that pop/techno shit.

I'd probably choose Kells just off his hits, and the hooks he does for hip hop.
    rip.dilla
  • rip.dillarip.dilla 天道様 Posts: 16,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.Kelly
    R. Kelly is a musical behemoth

You shoulda compared him to BabyFace and we'd have a proper discussion .. .
    MARIO_DROtrilladelic