Student Is Asked About "Hell" On An Exam. You've Gotta Read His Answer.

13»

Replies

  • twatgettatwatgetta Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    It's not about being mad at science...A lotta folk who swear by science are mad at God...All the measurements and observations we take, as accurate as some may be...Are nothing more than our way of trying to rationalize life, the universe, and everything...

    What's wrong with rationality? Your interpretation of god is not the same as the Roman's interpretation, which is not the same as the Greek's interpretation, which is not the same as the teachings of Islam, which is not the same as what Africans believe, which is not the same as what jews believe, which is not the same as what mormons believe.


    Because none of those motherfuckers are the people of the Book (Holy Bible). so their views and interpretations will always be not worth a fuck.

    The idea of "God/gods" has and will continue to change over time

    Utter foolishness.


    Force = mass * acceleration
    Kinetic Energy = (1/2) * mass * velocity^2 = mass * g * height

    Principles like these have persisted thru time and remained irrefutable. Even the older civilizations that had advanced knowledge of astronomy/astrology HAD to use equations similar to those for their calculations to be so accurate. They derived the equations from studying the stars and charting changes over long periods of time. That is science

    I consider myself agnostic. I think that organized religion purposefully obstructs people's abilities to think critically. "You don't need to know why that works, god used magic" cmon

    wtf??????How+I+feel+when+I+walk+into+a+spiderweb.+Spiderwebs_0307aa_3650357.gif
    Judah BackOya_Husband
  • xxCivicxxxxCivicxx Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • twatgettatwatgetta Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    ^^And this dude proves my point immediately

    Nigger you Agnostic. nuff said about your ignorance.
    Oya_Husband
  • xxCivicxxxxCivicxx Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    It's not about being mad at science...A lotta folk who swear by science are mad at God...All the measurements and observations we take, as accurate as some may be...Are nothing more than our way of trying to rationalize life, the universe, and everything...

    What's wrong with rationality? Your interpretation of god is not the same as the Roman's interpretation, which is not the same as the Greek's interpretation, which is not the same as the teachings of Islam, which is not the same as what Africans believe, which is not the same as what jews believe, which is not the same as what mormons believe.

    The idea of "God/gods" has and will continue to change over time

    Force = mass * acceleration
    Kinetic Energy = (1/2) * mass * velocity^2 = mass * g * height

    Principles like these have persisted thru time and remained irrefutable. Even the older civilizations that had advanced knowledge of astronomy/astrology HAD to use equations similar to those for their calculations to be so accurate. They derived the equations from studying the stars and charting changes over long periods of time. That is science

    I consider myself agnostic. I think that organized religion purposefully obstructs people's abilities to think critically. "You don't need to know why that works, god used magic" cmon

    None of this changes what I said
    , lol...And I never said there's anything wrong with trying to rationalize...I'm saying our rationalizations of things simply aren't final...

    Maybe you should reread. Religion began as and still is an attempt at rationalizing things that people of the time did not understand. You say that our rationalizations are not final but a belief in any specific kind of god is a final rationalization because then you believe all of the tenets of that god, a lot of which are refuted by more rational scientific method/equations
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    ^^And this dude proves my point immediately

    he trolling bruh..
    Judah Backtwatgetta
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    It's not about being mad at science...A lotta folk who swear by science are mad at God...All the measurements and observations we take, as accurate as some may be...Are nothing more than our way of trying to rationalize life, the universe, and everything...

    What's wrong with rationality? Your interpretation of god is not the same as the Roman's interpretation, which is not the same as the Greek's interpretation, which is not the same as the teachings of Islam, which is not the same as what Africans believe, which is not the same as what jews believe, which is not the same as what mormons believe.

    The idea of "God/gods" has and will continue to change over time

    Force = mass * acceleration
    Kinetic Energy = (1/2) * mass * velocity^2 = mass * g * height

    Principles like these have persisted thru time and remained irrefutable. Even the older civilizations that had advanced knowledge of astronomy/astrology HAD to use equations similar to those for their calculations to be so accurate. They derived the equations from studying the stars and charting changes over long periods of time. That is science

    I consider myself agnostic. I think that organized religion purposefully obstructs people's abilities to think critically. "You don't need to know why that works, god used magic" cmon

    None of this changes what I said
    , lol...And I never said there's anything wrong with trying to rationalize...I'm saying our rationalizations of things simply aren't final...

    Maybe you should reread. Religion began as and still is an attempt at rationalizing things that people of the time did not understand. You say that our rationalizations are not final but a belief in any specific kind of god is a final rationalization because then you believe all of the tenets of that god, a lot of which are refuted by more rational scientific method/equations

    No..The tenets were written by men...And many things have been edited...That's with pretty much any religion...I'm not a blind follower...My awareness that my Christian upbringing may be wrong doesn't stop me from believing there is a God...So again, plenty of the things we come up with to explain why we're here and what here is and how here works prove to be accurate and/or beneficial to our lives...That doesn't make them ultimately right in the grand scheme of things though, because there's far too much we don't know...From dogma to dark matter, nothing is final...
  • xxCivicxxxxCivicxx Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    It's not about being mad at science...A lotta folk who swear by science are mad at God...All the measurements and observations we take, as accurate as some may be...Are nothing more than our way of trying to rationalize life, the universe, and everything...

    What's wrong with rationality? Your interpretation of god is not the same as the Roman's interpretation, which is not the same as the Greek's interpretation, which is not the same as the teachings of Islam, which is not the same as what Africans believe, which is not the same as what jews believe, which is not the same as what mormons believe.

    The idea of "God/gods" has and will continue to change over time

    Force = mass * acceleration
    Kinetic Energy = (1/2) * mass * velocity^2 = mass * g * height

    Principles like these have persisted thru time and remained irrefutable. Even the older civilizations that had advanced knowledge of astronomy/astrology HAD to use equations similar to those for their calculations to be so accurate. They derived the equations from studying the stars and charting changes over long periods of time. That is science

    I consider myself agnostic. I think that organized religion purposefully obstructs people's abilities to think critically. "You don't need to know why that works, god used magic" cmon

    None of this changes what I said
    , lol...And I never said there's anything wrong with trying to rationalize...I'm saying our rationalizations of things simply aren't final...

    Maybe you should reread. Religion began as and still is an attempt at rationalizing things that people of the time did not understand. You say that our rationalizations are not final but a belief in any specific kind of god is a final rationalization because then you believe all of the tenets of that god, a lot of which are refuted by more rational scientific method/equations

    No..The tenets were written by men...And many things have been edited...That's with pretty much any religion...I'm not a blind follower...My awareness that my Christian upbringing may be wrong doesn't stop me from believing there is a God...So again, plenty of the things we come up with to explain why we're here and what here is and how here works prove to be accurate and/or beneficial to our lives...That doesn't make them ultimately right in the grand scheme of things though, because there's far too much we don't know...From dogma to dark matter, nothing is final...

    But you are a blind follower tho. There is no evidence anywhere on this planet that a supreme being told humans to write down his word/law. Any time someone mentions one of the many fallacies present in many religions then the response is always "well it was written by man". Yes it was. You're following a book written by man that's supposedly telling you the experiences of god 2nd hand. And you don't see anything strange about that? If everyone has a one on one relationship with god then why would a 1000+ year old text be necessary for man to have the "correct" relationship with god?

    Once again, you cannot compare dogma to any proven scientific theorem because any proven scientific theorem can be proven again and there is absolutely 0 evidence of any kind of provable dogma anywhere. Anywhere. And there hasn't been for millenia. It all comes from a religious text that you are told to follow

    You're trying to compare blind faith to scientifically proven rationalities. I want you to really think about what you're doing here
    jonoOsirus_Jenkins
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No...Again, I'm not saying science is wrong and religion/Christianity is right...I believe we have been given advanced minds and we must use them...I'm saying they are both our ways of trying to understand our environment, our behavior, and our purpose...Trying to use one to discredit the other really makes no sense, people don't seem to understand that...There's plenty of scientific theorems that have been proven to be true, and plenty that have been proven to be false...There might be no solid evidence that supports dogma but there's absolutely no evidence that definitively proves there is no God...So we don't know...We are in a constant pursuit of the truth about the universe...In my back and forth with Smash Adams, I was simply pointing out the discrepancies between what he was saying and what's actually in the bible...And also saying that the existence of aliens doesn't disprove God...
  • twatgettatwatgetta Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3
    You Afrocentric Egyptology negros trip me out...not one of you negros can trace your lineage back to Africa. not one. I put a stack on it. but whatever...I'll let you fools make it. my level of understanding shits on the fray up in here anyway.

    @damobb2deep
    Judah BackOya_Husband
  • ParallelParallel Grouchy Greg's Alternate Account Posts: 18,720 Regulator
    That shit was wack to me. I would have only given him half credit.
    tha_bride22
  • CHICAGO_BREEDCHICAGO_BREED Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @twatgetta
    YOUR level of understanding is FUCKED UP. One you used fray wrong dummy, two your name is twattgetta, three you used AFROCENTRIC AND EGYPTOLOGY in the same sentence trying to make a point which is off on so many levels LOL. Before you try and roast a mufucka get your material straight first. CLOWN
  • Yo_Killa!Yo_Killa! Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twatgetta wrote: »
    You Afrocentric Egyptology negros trip me out...not one of you negros can trace your lineage back to Africa. not one. I put a stack on it. but whatever...I'll let you fools make it. my level of understanding shits on the fray up in here anyway.

    @damobb2deep

    im not afrocentric bruh.. i kno im black.. (mixed with alot of other shyt 2) but who SHOULD be able 2 trace back our lineage back 2 Africa when we been here 4 hundreds of years.. most of our ancestors names was changed.. nearly none could read or write.. and we was sold like a product..

    btw ask a ramdom white person when they ancestors got here and see if they know..
  • ShiveDreadzShiveDreadz Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only difference between science and religion is religion is concrete and science is flexible.

    To dumb it down.

    Religion says, " i have all the answers, nothing else matters"

    Science says " i have some of the answers, and i need to figure the rest of this shit out."

    There is no reasoning with a person that has all the answers.
    Oya_Husband
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only difference between science and religion is religion is concrete and science is flexible.

    To dumb it down.

    Religion says, " i have all the answers, nothing else matters"

    Science says " i have some of the answers, and i need to figure the rest of this shit out."

    There is no reasoning with a person that has all the answers.

    religion does not say "we have all the answers" if anything it says "if you wanna live a happier life follow these rules"
    Oya_Husband
  • major painmajor pain Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    major pain wrote: »
    major pain wrote: »
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    He's still an idiot.

    Hell doesn't exist.

    That would've been my answer.

    how do u kno 100 percent that is true?

    couldnt the fact that we all die in its self be hell? because the fact that (in yo mind) nothing happens?

    There's more proof it doesn't exist than it does

    whats yo proof that it dont...

    If you believe in a physical hell than you must believe in multiple universes. Because there is no physical lake of fire anywhere in the known galaxy. If you believe in multiple universes than logic would lead you to believe that there are living beings in those universes. [/b]If you believe in aliens your not allowed to believe in GOD because Christianity is wack.[/b]


    1. We don't really know shit about it, though...


    2. Not true...The bible is about us...There's no mention of other planets or what might be in them...That doesn't mean those things don't exist...

    I was hoping for this. If one does exist than it isn't supernatural like the hell in the bible where your soul goes. So if there is a physical version of hell, let's say it gets destroyed where do all the evildoers go?

    It says Jesus died for our sins. You are correct it doesn't mean that other species or aliens do or don't exist. If Jesus died on the cross for humanity where do the alien souls go? Also if he died on what would be the equivalent of the cross for an alien race doesn't that mean he made 2 mistakes? The all knowing Alpha and Omega wouldn't have made one.

    1. Hell in the bible is a pit...Inside the earth...It's not floating in space somewhere...Neither is heaven, actually...The kingdom in Revelations is built on earth after Satan is locked within the pit...

    2. That's based on the assumption that alien life forms een have a "Jesus"...Again, the bible is only about us here on earth...If other planets had religious stories like we do, I'm sure they'd be different...

    1. Hell would have spilled over 10 fold by now. Have you ever heard of Chicago or St Louis nigga?!?

    2. This is what makes me scoff at the bible being even remotely believable. Humans would be arrogant enough to say that Jesus loves only humans and that he died for our sins only. And that aliens have no souls. True or false?

    Humor me for a moment.

    Let's assume for a moment there is an actual God. What makes you think you could a) comprehend such a being and b) such a being's motives?

    I do believe in the Divine Creator. I don't believe the bible. I don't know GODS motives because he never wrote them down. And I would hope that a Gods logic would far surpass a human to the point where it wouldn't be a question of if he existed.

    You're doing just that tho.. lol

    No. I'm questioning the God in the Bible. Not the Divine Creator.

    It stands to reason they can be one in the same.

    I get what you intend here, you dont want to say the Bible is infallible. You should be able to reason though, that many of the stories of the Book are not literal translations. Most truly religious educated folks will mimic that thought process.

    The intent of the readings, in my humble opinion, is to teach one to become a righteous person. Now one may say there are other methods of doing so, and I agree completely.
  • Beech Oss NeegaBeech Oss Neega Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    People love to say that science disproves the existence of God. It doesn't.

    If I could shoot fire out of my fingertips or teleport or transform into a giant bird or some shit, some scientist would eventually figure out how I was able to do it using science.

    Science is nothing more than the human explanation for things that we really aren't meant to understand.

    Fuck u in advance if u don't agree.

    I'm actually shocked at how stupid this post was. You're mad at science because you can't understand simple scientific concepts



    Maybe I should've phrased what I was trying to say differently. I don't dispute science and trust me I do understand scientific concepts. All I'm saying is that your scientific concepts do not prove or disprove the existence of God.

    God and science are not separate entities.
    A1000MILES
13»
Sign In or Register to comment.