What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

DC: Rebirth

Replies

• Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dc has been top of sales since rebirth. Oh glorious day. Still no major watchmen connections yet? Ain't caught up in a month or two haha.
  • HundredEyes HundredEyes Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not yet, least not with Bats, Action, Deathstroke comics yet
    I dont really care about love stories, gay or straight, some epic shit going down and than the writers are like: fuck that, lets focus on some random gay shit first before we move on lol smh.
    Lou_Cypher
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont really care about love stories, gay or straight, some epic shit going down and than the writers are like: fuck that, lets focus on some random gay shit first before we move on lol smh.

Yeah i understand. A lot of the Gay shit they are adding to media or whatever seems extremely forced too. Like they are just trying to show off how tolerant they are for gay folks.
    HundredEyes texas409
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannnnnn

Action comics and Batman are the shit right now people....cliffhangers will leave you hyped af

Deathstroke....still quality but
    did they really had to make his son being bi/gay part of the story? Really couldnt care less about how last issue ended

Back when George Perez and Marv Wolfman created him in the 80s the original intent was to make him gay before Wolfman decided against it. This development isn't exactly far fetched.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    HundredEyes Lou_Cypherlord nemesis
    Broddie wrote: »
    Mannnnnn

Action comics and Batman are the shit right now people....cliffhangers will leave you hyped af

Deathstroke....still quality but
    did they really had to make his son being bi/gay part of the story? Really couldnt care less about how last issue ended

Back when George Perez and Marv Wolfman created him in the 80s the original intent was to make him gay before Wolfman decided against it. This development isn't exactly far fetched.

Im from Holland fam, gay marriage and all that shit been normal and an obsolete discussion since as long as I can remember, my gripe with this shit is that to me, shit aint interesting to know who is fucking who, Deathstroke was and still is one of my favourite books but I honestly dont care how Slade will react on his son being a fag, cause the dude his son had a relationship with is gonna tell em lol...

So I hope Slade will just be like 'yeah he is gay, I knew that before he even knew' and keep it moving since Batman is on his trail and some epic showdown was being build up...or whats next, Bats gonna give his opinion about Joseph aswell lol?

Shit, I dont like most relationship stories in comics n film aswell, entire beginning of the killing joke animated movie with bats n batgirl was cringeworthy af to me, same goes for the flash where I fastforward through most of the damn predictable romance scenes...

Shit, I dont mind lois n clark and the flash dating in the JL provided some comedy, but overall I rarely see a reason why the writers would focus on some bullshit instead of the issues at hand..
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

Yeah i understand. A lot of the Gay shit they are adding to media or whatever seems extremely forced too. Like they are just trying to show off how tolerant they are for gay folks.

Dont know if u watch Gotham but they made Penquin gay, bro is fiending for the riddlers love lmao
    matches malone

Dont know if u watch Gotham but they made Penquin gay, bro is fiending for the riddlers love lmao

Haven't seen the 2nd or 3rd but lmao at that shit.
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 15,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dc has been top of sales since rebirth. Oh glorious day. Still no major watchmen connections yet? Ain't caught up in a month or two haha.

Only with Tim Drake in Detective Comics, Superman and Titans books (not Teen Titans).

Rumors are that the Batman title will have something soon as will the Suicide Squad/Justice League crossover next month.
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

IC Battle Rap Stans Most Hated.

s-l300.jpg
    Lou_Cypher
  • iron man1iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerPosts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathstrokes Rebirth issues were pretty good I enjoyed it though I haven't read the latest issue yet. Still gotta get through Supermans and continue Batmans. Still have Greenlantern and Aquaman to check out as well how are their stories so far?
    tumblr_nycwg4lQ121qzco77o1_500.gif

Hulkbuster_suit_up_660_12fps_256c.0_zpsmvju6kap.gif

[img][/img]images-4_zpspafe6bfb.jpg
    nujerz84 wrote: »

Only with Tim Drake in Detective Comics, Superman and Titans books (not Teen Titans).

Rumors are that the Batman title will have something soon as will the Suicide Squad/Justice League crossover next month.

Yeah i read an article on comicbook.com that said starting in issue 11 Of Batman there is supposed to be more revealed about the watchmen connection, but it must not have been too big of a reveal as i havent heard shit about it since haha.
    Ill read batman 11 again, maybe there was someone lurking in the background I missed
    Yo Batman Beyond is kinda awesome man lol. Some Joker gang are trying to bring the joker back to life, Bruce is missing or dead and Terry is infiltrating said gang....

Read the first two issues of Aquaman on readcomiconline and shit was interesting, never knew Black Manta's plight...also I thought my bro Arthur wasnt fazed by bullets? Or did the Manta pack that super human heat/strenght? Im obviously ignorant af when it comes to Aquaman, digging the writing and hopefully I can get all the issues at the store next time...

Also read Trinity...I dunno why but for some reason Batman stories are either goat or mediocre af....this issue was to damn predictable....

Justice league brought that fiya though, went with a hackers angle, curious to see how that will all work out..
    Lou_Cypher
    Ill get Nightwing,The Flash, Detective Comics, Green Arrow, Green Lantern as trades later...just realized I totally forgot about Constantine, dont even know if there are rebirth issues out lol smh

Coppin Action Comics, Bats, Bats Beyond, JL, Trinity, Supes and The Deathstroke as single issues...

Ill check for the Suicide Squad/JL crossovers aswell...
    DC been killing the sales since rebirth. The fans have been receptive to it big time.
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

IC Battle Rap Stans Most Hated.

s-l300.jpg
    HundredEyes
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 54,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    after months of not entering a shop, went in yes. picked up annual Batman, all star Batman and baan beyond..

Already on issue 11 w most of them and I'm still on issues 3-4 w what I have.. n they're abt the drop the first round of trade backs, wonder if I should pick those up instead
    HundredEyes
    Finally dropped 60 on some books. Been catching up all day, still no where near to current but this deathstroke is flames so far
    nujerz84HundredEyes
    Anyone know a good alt for readcomiconline? For some reason the site doesnt load for me anymore, guess the indo government blocked it or it got taken offline?
    Right, dont know if yall mofos are still ballin out there but Batman is on goat status right now, superb writing and art...had my doubts in the beginning but the new suit, emblem etc, cant wait untill James Tucker and co get on that shit for animated movies...and my god, Action Comics is simply amazing, adding more layers to the story each issue...

Deathstroke is still on another lvl aswell, went up against Supes lol and JL is basically on all out brawl with loads of comic relief, not the most compelling story but I can dig it...
    nujerz84
    edited December 2016

That's where I'm at right now smh obviously got my catch up work cut out for me. Especially when those aren't the only series that I read from DC. There are at least 20 more.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Lou_CypherHundredEyes
    Ugh I let my pullbox sit too long and the shop stopped pulling. I am up to issue 9 of the first month books. Those assholes better have back issues. Also dropped a lot of books but mostly indie books. I did drop blue beetle and doctor fate from dc tho. Just wasnt crazy about them.

If the comic shop doesn't have back issues, can I buy them off dccomics.com and have them delivered to me? The physical copies.
    edited December 2016
    Not off DC directly but off retailers. Like midtown comics (my shop) has a website that ships floppies and not just trades everywhere in the US I believe.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Lou_CypherHundredEyes
    Dope ill try going through them to catch up on what idont have if my shop doesnt have back issues. I see Midtown comics advertised a lot on FB. Comixology is another one that sounds like they have a lot of sales on books pretty often. Pullbox is cleared so hopefully i will have the new issues pulled this week and not slack off on my purchasing haha.
    Lol at nightwing being the side kick in his own books haha, story is awesome though and this Raptor dude has been cool so far...theyre taking on the court of owls for those interested...Raptor thinks hes better than Batman, wonder if he has his own books...

Got lucky and got Aquaman and shits official, one of the better books out there.
    COMICS: It Sounds Like Retailers Are Beginning To Get Seriously Sick Of Marvel Due To Poor Sales

Marvel comic books frequently find a spot in the Top 10 list of monthly sales, so it's not like they're going to go bust any time soon, but something people have been noticing in recent months is that they're not doing anywhere near as well as they used to. The launch of DC Rebirth has hurt them, while even the once much smaller Image Comics manages to regularly beat the Disney-owned company.

Bleeding Cool has been keeping track of Marvel's sales, and with DC Comics dominating another week with eight out of the ten best-selling comics, the site caught up with retailers from all over the US.

As you can see below, they're not happy with the way Marvel is handling their comics, especially as the endless new #1 issues and big events are clearly hurting their shops in terms of their overall sales.

Spider-Man Deadpool was our bestselling Marvel ongoing for a while, mostly outselling Civil War and other events, but the over-saturation of Deadpool has caused it to finally calm down, dropping off a lot these last two or three months.

DC Rebirth continues to sell to new fans, returning fans and casual fans while Marvel still isn’t bringing in any new customers with their Marvel Now books, and their long time customers seem to be enjoying DC a lot more these days.

"Let’s hope Marvel can turn things around in 2017 as all stores need the big two to be leaders, and while DC has stepped up to the plate, Marvel has some major issues to look over when it comes to pricing, content and who’s actually buying their books. The customers that actually purchase these books from stores has shrunk more than ever this last year and it’s going to take a miracle for Marvel to recover from this one."

"We just closed out our best year of all time, best month, and our best sales week in history leading up to Christmas, but Marvel sales have never been this low in our store in the last 15 years. Things were a little worse for Marvel in themid 1990’s, but the rest of the publishers seem to be doing their part."

Marvel took two spots in our store’s top ten–one with Civil War II #8 (4th place) and the other with Star Wars #26 (9th place). Everything else was all DC, as usual. Marvel had two more titles in our store’s top twenty, with DC taking the other eight places there. Anyone who thought that Rebirth was going to be a New-52-esque flash in the pan will have to re-evaluate in light of continued reader excitement over these books.

That's hardly a glowing review from comic book store owners then, and you can find more comments from them by heading over to the site. The top ten list can also be found below, and as always, be sure to share your thoughts on this news in the usual place. Have you stopped reading Marvel's comics?

Top 10 Books (8 outta 10 are DC)

1. Dark Knight III: The Master Race #7
    2. Civil War II #8
    3. All Star Batman #5
    4. Justice League Suicide Squad #2
    5. Detective Comics #947
    6. Star Wars #26
    7. Flash #13
    8. Wonder Woman #13
    9. Titans #6
    10. Harley’s Little Black Book #5
    2ywzls0.jpg