What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

DC: Rebirth

Replies

• HundredEyes HundredEyes Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being a father made me weak man lmao. Latest bats war of jokes n riddles, Kiteman(lol) remembering the convo with his dead son allmost broke my heart lol smh.

Parallax Supes v Sinestro was kinda dissapointing...

Latest Flash was quite interesting...wont spoil anything though...
    Ronin705
    Deathstroke's plot is cool af at the moment..

r67xpftsaky8.jpg
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Mr. Oz is
    Jor-El
    ?
    hi-res-09ec771501771b47ab0d6a215438c456_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Ronin705
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15
    So Mr. Oz is
    Jor-El
    ?

Yep. Lol
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 11,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17
    WTF

Where was this revealed? I've only been buying Batman to complete this jokes and riddles thing. Last I left Superman at was the Manchester Black and Revenge stories.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Action comics
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23
    CWDC TV Crossover, it also connects with Freedom Fighters: The Ray animated Show on CW Seed that comes out soon.

qmytl3.jpg
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

IC Battle Rap Stans Most Hated.

s-l300.jpg
    HundredEyes
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

s-l300.jpg
    HundredEyes
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard the War of Jokes and Riddles ended with a whimper

jonoRonin705
    Just finished a kevin j. Anderson novel called enemies and allies...setting is early 50s, cold war...bats, supes, lex n lois...

Even though it wasn't the most well written or deeply layered as it could have been, shit still was compelling af and made me realize once again how much they fucked up luthor in the bats v supes movie, shit the film all together...

If any of y'all could recommend DC related novels, shit would be appreciated...

What it's out already?

*WAs comic supplier
    edited October 5

What it's out already?

*WAs comic supplier

Yeah. Arc wrapped with today's #32. I read the spoilers and some discussion. Didn't make me miss abandoning King's run after I Am Gotham.

HundredEyes
    edited October 5

Bruh...that shit jumped the shark awhile back. It's been off the rails for awhile.

Tom King is brilliant but his Batman is not. This whole run been milquetoast to me.

Mister Miracle though? Sheeeesh.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

edited October 5
    I'm only buying it cause I hate having gaps in my collection but I'm done with Batman after this. Should look into the new Mister Miracle series.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Do it. King brings a realism to Mister Miracle that is amazing. It's very similar to what he did in the Vision series.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

Yeah the war of jokes n riddles ending didn't conclude to well...that riddler ether to bats was hilarious though....

Only reason I'm still checking for the Batman rebirth books is cause it's well...the gottdamn Batman but outta the 32 dropped so far at least half of em really ain't worth the read...it's a damn shame...and now with this whole getting married to selina angle...shits simply not as compelling as it could be...

Good news with Nolan's Bane though, thought it was only going to be a 6 issue book but they're setting up a Bane v. Kobra angle and they're continuing the series...
    Deathstroke, Aquaman, Action comics, Bane, Hal Jordan n the Corps and Superman - regardless of the weak 2 patriotism issues - are well worth your money... The rest I check out at readcomiconline...

Shit Justice League is awesome now man...or was it Trinity? John Constantine and co all up in that mofo now.
    Check out the latest detective comics if you're interested in Oz/Jor El n Tim the god drake
    edited October 7
    Doomsday Clock ..is a Watchmen Sequel first 6 pages revealed

And two main questions I have about Rorschach and how Superman/Batman/DC were fictional characters in Watchmen Universe will be explained/answered.
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

s-l300.jpg
    HundredEyes
    edited October 7
    nujerz84 wrote: »

And two main questions I have about Rorschach and how Superman/Batman/DC were fictional characters in Watchmen Universe will be explained/answered.

Did you ever read Multiversity?

Every Earth in the DC multiverse is a comic book series on another Earth. This even goes back to the Golden Age. Jay Garrick was The Flash that Barry Allen read about in comic books as a kid.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Broddie wrote: »

Every Earth in the DC multiverse is a comic book series on another Earth. This even goes back to the Golden Age. Jay Garrick was The Flash that Barry Allen read about in comic books as a kid.

I have Multiversity and that story and DC have used the whole comics were fiction but actually happened arc before.

Watchmen though was never a part of the DC Multiverse it was always separate from any DC Continuity in a Real World type setting.

Now if you recall there is 7 unknown worlds/earths in the Multiverse..perhaps Watchmen universe could be one of them.
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

s-l300.jpg
    I wish DC hadn't touched Watchmen at all.
    This shit can only go bad.

They'll have to fuck with the canon to make it make sense. Middle aged heroes with no powers will get boring as fuck quick in DC.

The psychology of the series will be lost too. They're going to turn them into generic heroes within 3 years and this will be for nothing.

What I want: Justice League Dark. Loved that shit.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

Broddie wrote: »

I have Multiversity and that story and DC have used the whole comics were fiction but actually happened arc before.

Watchmen though was never a part of the DC Multiverse it was always separate from any DC Continuity in a Real World type setting.

Now if you recall there is 7 unknown worlds/earths in the Multiverse..perhaps Watchmen universe could be one of them.

Watchmen was an Earth in the previous Multiverse. But you're right in the current Multiverse there was just an Earth similar to Watchmen with the original Charlton Characters that The Watchmen were based on.

But like you said Grant Morrison left some blank Earths around for anyone to define. According to Dark Nights Metal his map of the Multiverse (the one in Multiversity) still stands. So we'll see where Johns goes with it.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    jono wrote: »

They'll have to fuck with the canon to make it make sense. Middle aged heroes with no powers will get boring as fuck quick in DC.

The psychology of the series will be lost too. They're going to turn them into generic heroes within 3 years and this will be for nothing.

The good thing is that just like Before Watchmen if it turns out to be ass it can be easily ignored.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    jono wrote: »

Not exactly JLD but Zee, Constantine etc are in the latest two issues and will be in the upcoming one at least.
    uy7bq2yd19ub.jpg

texas409