What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

DC: Rebirth

Replies

• BroddieBroddie gozando y bailando vivo yo NYCPosts: 9,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Amazo virus storyline in JL is pretty good. I'll be glad when the trades I ordered come in so i can catch back up with Batman and Robin. Bruce and his son both having super powers is trill
    hi-res-09ec771501771b47ab0d6a215438c456_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

edited January 2015
    Except Batman's powers will be a temporary thing that won't be seen outside of this Justice League arc. While Robin's superpowers are permanent for the time being.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, still it was pretty cool to see. Lol Snyder got some fan boys in their feelings because of the origin he's hinting at with Joker. I thithink it's another red herring anyway though

Yeah, still it was pretty cool to see. Lol Snyder got some fan boys in their feelings because of the origin he's hinting at with Joker. I thithink it's another red herring anyway though

CainStoneColdMikeysoul rattlerBangEm_Bart
    History of the Multiverse

2lu6y9s.jpg

a3z5p0.jpg

zxqubr.jpg

359fx9t.jpg

qyikxg.jpg

2v95i4n.jpg

2chlyxl.jpg
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Lou_Cypher
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    11awghc.jpg

Free book if you want to know how to catch up on DC universe.
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

IC Battle Rap Stans Most Hated.

s-l300.jpg
    VIBELou_Cypher
  • DillaDeafDillaDeaf Ol' Deaf Bastard downstate IllinoisPosts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think it's a red herring, I actually like that angle...also it makes sense to there why there always must be a "dark knight" of some sort in Gotham. Also there could be some interesting angles with Joker and the Court of Owls..could see how far back the Court knew about Joker.
    tumblr_n9imvvZazQ1rvrdxlo1_400.gif
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 53,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just picked up Batman Eternal vol 1. First Batman comic. Can't wait to get into it.
    Lou_Cypher
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 50,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decided im gonna start buying comics again in June when DC adds all those new titles and their current Arc ends. Probably a good point to jump in on. Probably only going to be buying DC titles also, will prolly download Marvel titles. Oh and ill get a few Image comics too of course. But i was looking through all my old comics and i want to start collecting again.
    VIBE
    Pause smh lmao

2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

s-l300.jpg
    SuperManuel#1hiphopjunki3
    Just caught up with the latest Aquaman story (Maelstrom). Got Arthur's mom straight up styling on him.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Scott Snyder and his red herrings... I don't think anybody really believed Cluemaster's lame ass was the kingpin in Eternal anyway. I kind of expected
    Owlman since he hasn't been seen since Court of Owls
    He was do for a reappearance.

Anybody plan on picking up the beginning of Convergence next week?

nujerz84
    Anybody plan on picking up the beginning of Convergence next week?

Yeah man as DC head its a must imo
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

s-l300.jpg
    lord nemesis
    0 issue of Convergence laid the groundwork for what's going to go down pretty good in my opinion. I did feel a little at a disadvantage toward the beginning since I haven't read Superman: Doomed. I'll probably only purchase 3-4 of the tie-ins.

DC gets no love on the IC.. DC>Marvel
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

s-l300.jpg
    lord nemesisearth two supermanBangEm_Bart
    Week 1. I'm ready.

301qdjk.png
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    nujerz84lord nemesisStoneColdMikeyBangEm_Bart
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this seems like a good time to start paying attention to comics again.
    61JbxfhIQ%2BL._SS500_.jpg
    nujerz84StoneColdMikeyBangEm_Bart
    11sdt1g.jpg
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

s-l300.jpg
    lord nemesisDupac
    edited April 2015
    Only tie in i copped today was Batman and Robin. Think imma go back and get Justice League

edited April 2015
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    DC gets no love on the IC.. DC>Marvel

That's because a lot of the posters on here are on that "my dick is bigger than yours" shit which is a played out mentality when it comes to fandom. A lot of posters here are also very trendy. Once the DC movies start coming out and really gaining traction with the mass audience watch how many of them will act like Marvel Studios wasn't holding them down all of a sudden and start shitting on Marvel movies. Which is wrong.

It's like it's impossible to like both or something. This coming from someone who hasn't even watched or plans on ever watching any Marvel Studios movie since The Avengers (A Hulk solo and Doc Strange being exceptions).

I grew up on both Marvel and DC Comics. With a preference towards DC but nevertheless when Marvel puts something out that catches my eye whether it's comic books or otherwise I don't hesitate to check it out.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    nujerz84StoneColdMikey
    edited April 2015
    Only tie in i copped today was Batman and Robin. Think imma go back and get Justice League

I heard that book was awful from the people who did check it out over at CBR so I didn't really give it a chance. I would've blindly bought it if it was Dick Grayson as Batman though but Bruce and Damian team up seems kinda superflous to me considering that I already read Batman & Robin and they also didn't have much of a dynamic as Batman and Robin before Flashpoint.

Justice League was pretty great though. In my top 3 from week 1 along with Superman and Speed Force. It was great to see Jesse Quick, Jade, Vixen and the Mera who was married to Aquaman and had her son murdered by Black Manta again. Also as someone who has missed the old Zatanna and Supergirl their inclusions was a stroke of genius as well. It was pretty cool of them to decide on an all female roster for this book. Made it feel pretty fresh.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    lord nemesis
    Broddie wrote: »

I heard that book was awful from the people who did check it out over at CBR so I didn't really give it a chance. I would've blindly bought it if it was Dick Grayson as Batman though but Bruce and Damian team up seems kinda superflous to me considering that I already read Batman & Robin and they also didn't have much of a dynamic as Batman and Robin before Flashpoint.

Justice League was pretty great though. In my top 3 from week 1 along with Superman and Speed Force. It was great to see Jesse Quick, Jade, Vixen and the Mera who was married to Aquaman and had her son murdered by Black Manta again. Also as someone who has missed the old Zatanna and Supergirl their inclusions was a stroke of genius as well. It was pretty cool of them to decide on an all female roster for this book. Made it feel pretty fresh.

It did and that was indeed a contributing factor of why it wasn't any good.

edited April 2015
    Yeah I figured.

Really looking forward to seeing pre-crisis Batman with The Outsiders and early post-crisis Batman again during this event though. I really miss those versions of the character.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke