DC: Rebirth

Replies

• BroddieBroddie gozando y bailando vivo yo NYCPosts: 8,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    New Batman revealed:

KuFXvBv.jpg

So it's Jim Gordon with a mustache shave and a Bane haircut. Don't know why he's now looking like a felon but if that's informing where this status quo is going (no ****s are being given just pure experimentation) then I guess I'll give it a shot and not drop 'tec after all.

I initially thought if it was Gordon it would be the same old Jim trying to "redeem himself as Batman" for some reason or another since I don't read Batman Eternal or Snyder's Batman. Which would've been kinda boring. But this seems to be more wacky and metatextual ("dumbest idea in the history of Gotham" lol) then I had expected. Might even pick up Snyder's book again for the first time in almost 2 years to see him take on something more original that he can experiment a lot more with for once. Maybe he will finally start having some real fun on that book.
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    New Batman revealed:

KuFXvBv.jpg

So it's Jim Gordon with a mustache shave and a Bane haircut. Don't know why he's now looking like a felon but if that's informing where this status quo is going (no ****s are being given just pure experimentation) then I guess I'll give it a shot and not drop 'tec after all.

I initially thought if it was Gordon it would be the same old Jim trying to "redeem himself as Batman" for some reason or another since I don't read Batman Eternal or Snyder's Batman. Which would've been kinda boring. But this seems to be more wacky and metatextual ("dumbest idea in the history of Gotham" lol) then I had expected. Might even pick up Snyder's book again for the first time in almost 2 years to see him take on something more original that he can experiment a lot more with for once. Maybe he will finally start having some real fun on that book.

I'll take a wait and see approach. Eternal was about Jim as much as it was about Bruce so it'll be interesting to see where the aftermath takes him
    My week 2 haul.

2a5dapl.png

As an 80's baby who came of age in the 90's this week is pretty special because a lot of my favorite incarnations of certain characters & groups are finally back (Ie: Green Arrow, Batman, Steel, JLI, Superboy and Catwoman). It's especially refreshing to see post-crisis Selina again since I hate New 52 Catwoman quite a bit so I've been avoiding new Catwoman stories for years now.
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was good to see Jean Paul Valley again. He was one of the poster children for the over-designed super violent antiheroes of the 90s
  • kingofkingzkingofkingz Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna get more into aquaman, what's some good comics to pick up?
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 42,058 Regulator
    I was going to pick up Convergence but my Marvel pull list was big this week haha. I'm starting to get into more DC the Deathsroke book is straight.
    Cain wrote: »
    I was going to pick up Convergence but my Marvel pull list was big this week haha. I'm starting to get into more DC the Deathsroke book is straight.
    I been meaning to check this volume out since Liefeld's gone. Then again, I'm dubious of Tony Daniel as a writer too.
    I wanna get more into aquaman, what's some good comics to pick up?

Peter David's Aquaman run (*post-crisis)
    Grant Morrison's JLA run (*post-crisis)
    Dan Jurgens' Aquaman run (*post-crisis)
    John Ostrander's Aquaman run (*post-crisis)
    Will Pfeiffer's Aquaman run (**pre-Flashpoint)
    Geoff Johns' Aquaman run (***New 52)
    Jeff Parker's Aquaman run (***New 52)

Are all good places to start

*post-crisis means it takes place after the story Crisis on Infinite Earths changed the DC Universe back in the 1980's
    **pre-Flashpoint means it takes place before the Flashpoint storyline changed the DC Universe in 2011
    ***New 52 is the reality of the mainstream DC Universe after it was shifted and altered by Flashpoint
    edited April 2015
    ^^^^Definitely will be supporting. Far too few black writers in comics.
    BroddiekingofkingzBangEm_Bart
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 42,058 Regulator

Wish they would revamp his character. Making him more human than cyborg. Giving him more of human looking form. Cyborg looks to much like his counterpart from Marvel IMO. Nonetheless I'll cop the book to support black characters and writers.
    ^ are you kidding?

One of the most common complaints with New 52 Cyborg was that they made him seem more machine than man. All Walker is doing here is taking the character back to his actual roots. Starting with him actually looking like a cyborg with a mix of more man with machine elements.
    ^ are you kidding?

One of the most common complaints with New 52 Cyborg was that they made him seem more machine than man. All Walker is doing here is taking the character back to his actual roots. Starting with him actually looking like a cyborg with a mix of more man with machine elements.

No I'm not kidding. Just a preference to the overall make up of the character for me. Some people like the less human look I prefer a even more human look than what he has now. Not that big of deal I like his character regardless.
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 15,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This how Convergence ends.. The Batman's of all the Multiverses team up and defeat Telos..
    StoneColdMikey
    In Justice League International it appears that people with technological-based powers like Metallo were unaffected when the domes dropped. But over in Justice League of America, Steel was paralyzed and in a coma for the whole year.
    Endgame finale was wack
    nujerz84
    Anti-Monitor vs Darkseid oh shit
    lord nemesis
    I like this relaxed continuity approach DC seems to be taking now. JL 40 was a good read
    nujerz84earth two superman
    edited April 2015
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Anti-Monitor vs Darkseid oh shit

This upcoming story is about to be epic.

I LOVED the splash page highlighting all the crises events by Phil Jimenez. Jason Fabok has also been killing it on this book. I hope he stays as the artist for a very long time.
    nujerz84
    No homo on the variant cover of Justice League #40 though
    lord nemesis
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 32,185 Regulator
    @broddie what's the difference between regular justice league and the justice league of America series pet flashpoint ? I read that JLA will have the same characters as the JL comic
    edited May 2015
    Same characters. Justice League serves as the flagship book for DC. It's a monthly event title that sets the status quo for the overall mainstream DCU going forward.

Justice League of America is just a book of different adventures featuring these characters coming from one of the biggest talents in the comic book industry. An artist who also happens to be very passionate about these characters since they were what influenced him to breaking into the industry in the first place.
    IGN: As far as continuity goes, when does Justice League of America take place in relation to Justice League?

Hitch
    : It’s very much the same world, same universe, just different adventures, different stories. You don’t need to read one to understand the other. Right now they aren’t crossing over, but never say never.

Continuity only needs to mean that; it doesn’t need to mean that I have a tear in Batman’s cape the same month JL does. Our editor, Brian Cunningham, keeps us straight anyway, but continuity in the fans have come to think about can be suffocating; Brian sees that it isn’t and we’re free to tell our stories.
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 32,185 Regulator
    yeah ii read the dude really good ima check it out.
    Finally caught up with the flash, justice league and batman . Idk if I want to read the batman story with gordon. Meh. I'm happy reverse flash back. I wonder if he remembers preflashpoint