Hugh Jackman Is '99.9% Sure' the Next Wolverine Movie Will Be His Last

1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
466591225.jpg

We're less than a month away from the next installment in the "X-Men" franchise, so naturally it's a great time to start talking about the next installment of an "X-Men" spin-off, right? Hugh Jackman is game to chat about the future of Wolverine, but he's not making any promises.

Jackman sat down with SFX magazine to talk about "X-Men: Days of Future Past," and the subject of last summer's "Wolverine" came up. We've all been assuming that a sequel to James Mangold's "Wolverine" was in the bag since it was such a success -- and because Mangold and Jackman haven't been shy about talking about the possibilities of a sequel. However, "I'm excited to see what we can come up with, but I haven't signed on. I'm genuinely at that point where unless it's better than the last one I'm not going to do it."

Mangold is still developing the project with Jackman, but the star remains cagey. "If I did another one I'm 99.9% sure it would be the last, so that will inform what it is for me," he said. And it's got to be even better than the last "Wolverine" to get him to sign on the dotted line.

"I think it has to be better," Jackman said. "I can still see where we can improve on the last one. I love the intimacy of that story, I liked the small stuff, I liked that it was a little unexpected." Truth be told, that's what snagged the attention of audiences, who were a little wary of a stand-alone "Wolverine" after the 2009 film. Now that they've gotten a taste, they want more -- but will Jackman give it to them?
Sion5th LetterSour-Cream

Replies

• Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 29,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully he rocks the suit we all saw at the end of wolverine nh.

I heard they are doing the story arc of "Old logan" for the next one maybe.
    Sion
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea he's had a long as run as wolverine
    Sionpeagle05
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 48,158 Regulator
    i just hope they dont use kellan lutz as his replacement.
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 16,912 Regulator
    hes been wolverine for 14 years
    Lou_CypherCJwillhustle
  • iron man1iron man1 Prepping for Civil War.. Avengers TowerPosts: 15,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old man logan would make sense but they don't have access to a bunch of characters that were involved in that story.
    Black_SamsonStoneColdMikey
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a good run thus far. Only one flick (origins) was really bad but I don't see why they didnt change the actors before X-Men rebooted.

StoneColdMikey
  • pissedoffnobodypissedoffnobody Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    CracceR wrote: »
    these faggots need to hire a good director and add more violence

They should hire the director of The Raid movies, Gareth Evans and have Logan in Madripoor to go after the Muramasa blade before Sabretooth gets to it since it's the only weapon that can kill them both.
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 38,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kellan Lutz is a definite hell no

He would make a great prince Adam aka he-man in a rebooted masters of the universe
    Sour-Cream
    I'd kill to see them do Old Man Logan.

But as already pointed out, they can't use the Hulk, Hawkeye or other related characters, so it would require a massive overhaul of the story which, given their track record (X3, anyone?), would likely suck.

When Jackman does stop playing Wolverine, it's gonna be the same situation as trying to get someone to follow Chris Reeve's Superman. Them's some big boots to fill.

Replace hulk with Juggernaut
    And red skull with sinister
    Fit x23 in there somehow
    Replace Hawkeye with an old gambit
    And super villains with evil mutants
    Fit sabertooth in their somehow
    Wait hes signed on for apocalypse tho aint he?
    CopperVulcanRaven
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Wait hes signed on for apocalypse tho aint he?

I believe the cast of days of future past is seeing as how its a sequel
    Apocalypse supposed yo come for someone in the end ( magneto I heard)
    Lou_CypherVulcanRavenwillhustle
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 16,912 Regulator
    Copper wrote: »

But as already pointed out, they can't use the Hulk, Hawkeye or other related characters, so it would require a massive overhaul of the story which, given their track record (X3, anyone?), would likely suck.

When Jackman does stop playing Wolverine, it's gonna be the same situation as trying to get someone to follow Chris Reeve's Superman. Them's some big boots to fill.

Fit x23 in there somehow

It's gonna be Old Man Logan only by name then. I can't picture Juggernaut
    Spoiler:
    . Maybe the Blob?
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh hope they don't try ro get some Disney kid to replace him he fit perfectly as wolverine
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Old man logan would make sense but they don't have access to a bunch of characters that were involved in that story.

Why?
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ain't a pimp, you a fairy Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iron man1 wrote: »

Why?
    The Wolverine film rights belong to Fox and some of the characters from the Old Man Logan storyline are Marvel Studios characters.
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven Rise from the ashes MarylandPosts: 14,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait hes signed on for apocalyp
    se tho aint he?

They better not touch apocalypse.Please no.No more butchery.Give the rights to Marvel already.
    Sour-Cream
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven Rise from the ashes MarylandPosts: 14,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of these X or I should say Wolverine movies have been trash.
    CopperwillhustleStoneColdMikeyA.J. Trillzynski
    Copper wrote: »

Fit x23 in there somehow

It's gonna be Old Man Logan only by name then. I can't picture Juggernaut
    Spoiler:
    . Maybe the Blob?

Blob ain't no boss like Marko
    But Marko ain't no banner either
    Wait hes signed on for apocalyp
    se tho aint he?

They better not touch apocalypse.Please no.No more butchery.Give the rights to Marvel already.

Hate to break it to ya bro but its already been confirmed lol. Sequel to Days of Future Past. Comes out in like 2-3 years.
  • willhustlewillhustle Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jackman has had a good run as Wolverine imo, but after Apocalypse & Wolverine 3 he'll be coming up or near a 20 yr run as Wolverine. It's time for him to step down after those movies. I think he's tired of playing Wolverine anyways.
    texas409
  • pissedoffnobodypissedoffnobody Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    willhustle wrote: »
    Jackman has had a good run as Wolverine imo, but after Apocalypse & Wolverine 3 he'll be coming up or near a 20 yr run as Wolverine. It's time for him to step down after those movies. I think he's tired of playing Wolverine anyways.

He's not tired of playing him but he is tired of getting into shape like that. When he was younger it took 3 months or so, not it takes twice as much time and a lot more effort he finds it hard to muster now he's rich, comfortable and aging compared to when he was struggling, willing to do anything and young. He loves the character, just not the work he has to do in order to get into superhuman shape at his age.
    iron man1