What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

FX's ‘The Strain’

1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in Lights, Camera, Action!
the-strain-billboard.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

FX is throwing in the towel and removing some billboards promoting its new horror show “The Strain” that are giving people the heebie jeebies.

The art, which shows a worm crawling out of an eyeball, has been criticized online.

“We are in the process of replacing the key art for ‘The Strain’ on outdoor media in several locations,” a FX spokesman said in a statement.

It’s still unclear how many of the ads will be taken down or what image they will be replaced with.

People plagued by the image include “Neighbors” director Nicholas Stoller, who was scared for his children, and “Legally Blonde” screenwriter Kristen Smith, who complained that the billboard could make her “crash and die.”

The show follows epidemiologists investigating a mysterious viral outbreak with a strain of vampirism.

“The Strain,” which is based on a 2009 novel by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan, premieres July 13. The two will exec produce along with “Lost’s” *Carlton Cuse.
I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
BangEm_Bart iron man1atribecalledgabiSmokey Tha BanditStoneColdMikeyYoung Stefmiamivice305

Replies

• lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    vampires? dam i really don't want to see any more shows with vampires
    SplackavelliBlack_SamsonMeesterStoneColdMikey
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was zombies
  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a work
    Meester
  • Smokey Tha BanditSmokey Tha Bandit NO FUCKS GIVEN Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fuckin bitch made mother fuckers
    VisionBOasis
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberPosts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well now I'm curious about the show....... It worked
    Smokey Tha BanditStoneColdMikeyYoung Stef
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 61,473 Regulator
    Wonder how many of these whiney bitches have zero issues with xxx store adverts or titty bar adverts.
    if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia
    Smokey Tha BanditYoung Stef
  • gdatruth2.0gdatruth2.0 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »

i read the book (co-written by Guillermo del Toro) and he de Toro is also executive producing.
    this is aint no twilight fairy vamps or romanticized vamps on true blood.
    this is old school blood sucking animal vamps we grew up loving with a slight CSI twist. On top of that its on FX the best network on tv not named HBO.

i expect this shit to be phenomenal
    iron man1Young Stef
    lamontbdc wrote: »

i read the book (co-written by Guillermo del Toro) and he de Toro is also executive producing.
    this is aint no twilight fairy vamps or romanticized vamps on true blood.
    this is old school blood sucking animal vamps we grew up loving with a slight CSI twist. On top of that its on FX the best network on tv not named HBO.

i expect this shit to be phenomenal

What about Showtime and AMC? FX is solid but I think all four of those channels are doing good programming.

i'd put FX's slate up against anyone other than HBO.

Justified
    Sons of Anarchy
    The Americans
    The Bridge
    Fargo
    not to mention Sunny In Philladelphia and the League which went over to FXXX

and I am expecting big things from the Strain

AMC only has 2 great shows at the moment Mad Men which has 1/2 season left and Walking Dead. AMC has had major hits commerically and/or critically with Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Walking Dead. But outside of those 3 shows there have been nothing but forgetable shows. And Walking Dead the only one with a future at the moment.

Showtime is in the conversation with Shameless, Masters of Sex, Penny Dreadful & Homeland (although its been looking flabby and sick of late). But overall I would still take FX ahead of Showtime. For a basic cable network I think FX puts out the best shows constiently better than any other network at the moment except for HBO.
    Smokey Tha Bandit
    Damn how i forget LOUIE!

the showtime shows you metioned I havent been able to get into or havent been that impressed by. I'll give Donoavan another go though this season
    but you bring a great point up with AMC they've only been in the game for a minute they put out some game changers.

but i think they've almost been a victim of their own success when they hit home-runs with Mad Men, Breaking Bad & Walking Dead out the gate. But everything else they've done has been very underwhelming comparison and they are now relying on spin-offs with the Better Call Saul and Walking Dead Spin-off in the works.
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Damn soccer moms smh this soft ass country.

Ya country is soft as baby shit. A nation of wusses.
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 54,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was FX, I would've done one even more scary.

FOH

Stripper billboards and ain't shit said

• K_FisherK_Fisher Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they didn't have a problem with these...

walking+dead+horror+nights+billboard.jpg

walking_dead_billboard_3.jpg

walking+dead+halloween+horror+billboard.jpg

Or these on the road...

walking_dead_truck.jpg

walkingdeadtruck.jpg

But an eye with a worm is too much? Dead children, dead people crawling with their lower body missing, someone with half their face missing, limbs poking out the back of a truck... that's fine but this is not?

What a bunch of double standard pushing squeamish pussies.

well said, reminds me when the people in London were complaining about 50 cent posters and billboards (around the time GRODT came out) because he was brandishing a gun however not one complaint has ever been made made about James bond's billboards.

Young Stef
  • achewon87achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Books were dope written by the guy who wrote The Town and Del Toro is well known...

I will give the show a shot...

They most definitely knew what they were up to, but I don't think it's all that bad TBH...
    Expected the worms to be bigger tho

• iron man1iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerPosts: 29,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone watched this show tonight? Catching the repeat right now I'm hooked lol
    tumblr_nycwg4lQ121qzco77o1_500.gif

Hulkbuster_suit_up_660_12fps_256c.0_zpsmvju6kap.gif

[img][/img]images-4_zpspafe6bfb.jpg
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 64,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw it. Welp I'm hooked. I love shows like these.
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
    jee504Osirus_Jenkins
  • Vader_F_KennedyVader_F_Kennedy Behind MissKPosts: 17,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So worth watching?
    Osirus_Jenkins