What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The General Business Thread

1303132333436»

Replies

• Knock_TwiceKnock_Twice Getting it out the mud Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as reaching the young crowd, when I say young, I'm speaking more of your 25-35 crowd and then there's the professional crowd 35-50 that wanna get out as well.

Well my plan is to reach out to different sorror and frats, old frats like to hold meetings/events, as well as young ones that are not in college any more, more so on that grad chapter tip. They are always looking for small lil sites to host their events.

I will have podcast setups, where we will have a live audience and discuss various topics. There's a team that have a podcast show that is known around the city, they do their thing at Tulane and through Tulane, but they want their own platform. So that's an option to go at.

So it's different ways, to reach your target crowd.

I was at this event doing my homework, seeing what the ppl want, seeing what all that went into this event, things like that.

You have rastas here that have a big following for their own music,

Underground artist that want to have a platform to do shows. etc.

There's an untap market here, and the ppl here are hungry for something to do and somewhere to go that's lowkey but on a mature/professional setup
    2stepz_aheadCincoMasteryAlpha_Ambition
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 28,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25
    Getting this Coffee/hang-out young/mature professional adult spot/shop off the ground

2mg1ppx.jpg
    1zlvq54.jpg
    10crsb6.jpg
    jb658i.jpg

What we trying to aim for, when it's all said and done
    2dslqja.jpg

im curious.....
    whats going to make it exclusive?
    whats going to make it all the things you named?
    how will you establish young vs mature vs adult.....since they dont often go together?

im curious on your marketing angle.
    but the pic look dope!

i like the artist rendering image.

Appreciate it breh.

I wouldn't say it will be exclusive or anything, first and foremost it will be a coffee shop.

There will be nights where I will have poetry, spoken word, live band performances after hours, serve more beverages than coffee after hours.

There are groups here in the NO where they are looking to host events, as stated, poetry night/spoken word, live band, so you market to those groups and open it up to their crowd.

This was at a hotel here downtown in the city for poetry slam. As you can see how packed it is. This is a group that host and put on this event (for free). You have speakers down here with a big name and they have a big following with them.
    People down here are hungry for a nice establishment/setup where they can showcase their talents or they just wanna be in the "know", we have a lot of plants from outside of the city that are from DC area the East coast and the West Coast area who are use to events like this in their hometown, New Orleans is just getting on this, in the public eye, it's a underground thing, jazz clubs etc, but now everyone is catching on here in the city
    1z1uybn.jpg

Word travels fast, once you cater to 2 or 3 groups and it hit, then you will start getting inquires from other group of ppl

When I say groups, there are actually groups of ppl that have big followings, there's this one group called the dandies who are all about fashion and art, wine-sipping, cigar smoking and if you can come into contact with them and allow them to host an event at your establishment, then you got a lick

Good shit...

all great ideas and very different from people wanting "upscale" clubs. this will be a nice atmosphere and very diverse.

you can brunch on sundays
    Aperos
    have women empowerment meetings,
    group investor(business) meetings,
    group investment(stocks) meetings,
    community building seminars..

this can go far.
    More power to you and your family. Stay strong and focused young man.
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

Knock_TwiceYoung_ChitlinMasteryAlpha_Ambition
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 28,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting this Coffee/hang-out young/mature professional adult spot/shop off the ground

2mg1ppx.jpg
    1zlvq54.jpg
    10crsb6.jpg
    jb658i.jpg

2dslqja.jpg

im curious.....
    how will you establish young vs mature vs adult.....since they dont often go together?

but the pic look dope!

Appreciate it breh.

I wouldn't say it will be exclusive or anything, first and foremost it will be a coffee shop.

There will be nights where I will have poetry, spoken word, live band performances after hours, serve more beverages than coffee after hours.

There are groups here in the NO where they are looking to host events, as stated, poetry night/spoken word, live band, so you market to those groups and open it up to their crowd.

This was at a hotel here downtown in the city for poetry slam. As you can see how packed it is. This is a group that host and put on this event (for free). You have speakers down here with a big name and they have a big following with them.
    People down here are hungry for a nice establishment/setup where they can showcase their talents or they just wanna be in the "know", we have a lot of plants from outside of the city that are from DC area the East coast and the West Coast area who are use to events like this in their hometown, New Orleans is just getting on this, in the public eye, it's a underground thing, jazz clubs etc, but now everyone is catching on here in the city
    1z1uybn.jpg

Word travels fast, once you cater to 2 or 3 groups and it hit, then you will start getting inquires from other group of ppl

When I say groups, there are actually groups of ppl that have big followings, there's this one group called the dandies who are all about fashion and art, wine-sipping, cigar smoking and if you can come into contact with them and allow them to host an event at your establishment, then you got a lick

Good shit...

all great ideas and very different from people wanting "upscale" clubs. this will be a nice atmosphere and very diverse.

this can go far.

Thank you man

I had all that going when I had my 1st coffee shop,

Investors meetings, city councilmen stopping by, the coffee shop was a hit in the city and it was low-key but still gave you a chill vibe.

But it was on its way until business got messed up with my partner, (who didn't see the vision on what it would be)

But yea those ideas you stated will be incorporated in my marketing plan

I mess wit that Real estate and it's big, I wanna put more younger ppl like myself that 25-34 crowd on to this shit and all the opportunities here, I wanna do seminar classes, hire speakers, financial literacy classes. etc, breh it's so much I wanna do, i can't sleep at night, I be up hours planning,

Have seminars for felons/abusive individuals, like you stated, women empowerment meetings, things of that nature.

Yea breh, I'm excited. Trying to do as much as I can, while I can

29zvolc.jpg

Well, I will say this......focus on you first.

everything you stated is great and nice and very honorable......but dont move faster than the speed of being you and securing yours.

move at a pace that wont overwhelm you. If you want to help others....be sure to help you and yours first.
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

Knock_TwiceYoung_Chitlintraestar

2mg1ppx.jpg
    1zlvq54.jpg
    10crsb6.jpg
    jb658i.jpg

2dslqja.jpg

im curious.....

but the pic look dope!

Appreciate it breh.

1z1uybn.jpg

Good shit...

this can go far.

Thank you man

I had all that going when I had my 1st coffee shop,

Investors meetings, city councilmen stopping by, the coffee shop was a hit in the city and it was low-key but still gave you a chill vibe.

But it was on its way until business got messed up with my partner, (who didn't see the vision on what it would be)

But yea those ideas you stated will be incorporated in my marketing plan

I mess wit that Real estate and it's big, I wanna put more younger ppl like myself that 25-34 crowd on to this shit and all the opportunities here, I wanna do seminar classes, hire speakers, financial literacy classes. etc, breh it's so much I wanna do, i can't sleep at night, I be up hours planning,

Have seminars for felons/abusive individuals, like you stated, women empowerment meetings, things of that nature.

Yea breh, I'm excited. Trying to do as much as I can, while I can

29zvolc.jpg

Well, I will say this......focus on you first.

everything you stated is great and nice and very honorable......but dont move faster than the speed of being you and securing yours.

move at a pace that wont overwhelm you. If you want to help others....be sure to help you and yours first.

Appreciate that breh.
    2stepz_aheadYoung_Chitlin
  • CincoCinco Real Nigga Minerals Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Knock_Twice good move
    It'll appeal also to the culture change coming round
    There's a hip hop book club meeting every Monday in Dallas nice turnout.
    My boy in Lafayette dies spoken word at a coffee shop every quarter. Keeps it at the size venue for the intimate appeal.
    I'll b in the quarters for wknd getaway next month that'd be a spot to relax
    Knock_TwiceYoung_Chitlin
    edited July 25
    Cinco wrote: »
    @Knock_Twice good move
    It'll appeal also to the culture change coming round
    There's a hip hop book club meeting every Monday in Dallas nice turnout.
    My boy in Lafayette dies spoken word at a coffee shop every quarter. Keeps it at the size venue for the intimate appeal.
    I'll b in the quarters for wknd getaway next month that'd be a spot to relax

Man that book club movement is huge as I'm starting to see, I'm trying to get in one my dayum self.

Yea that's the goal in what all you stated. That's what I'm aim'n for, chill vibe, slow and easy

The shop may be open then, I'll shoot you a pm if so. looking at late Aug, early Sept. but I'll shoot you a pm if we open, breh.

Ppl be sleeping on that poetry night and wine-tasting events, women be on it

I think the wine tasting has a certain stigma to it.

once dudes see how it can open doors they will be more driven to it.

I like wine tasting......i just cant get that deep into...its not mentally challenging enough for me. So i go to get a buzz.

But what can bring dudes out...is having a scotch night. I had a few of those......we get lit and have good conversation with heavy hour deurves.....or how every you spell it.

byob....yea.....good shit

Knock_TwiceYoung_Chitlin
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,084 ✭✭✭✭✭

¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

Sion
  • Beefer77Beefer77 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭✭
    The coffe industry has great profit margins. That's a nice industry to be in. Good luck homie.
    Knock_Twice
  • Thereal_baThereal_ba Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting business credit is not as difficult as you think.
    blakfyahking
  • 313 wayz313 wayz Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thereal_ba wrote: »

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.......thanks
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS10PHjK49Hr04JdUWCKX2bYXGsih3NqqH4zOtp_B1n1t69rffUimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBxM0g4vOsb6usHR4kboqDxA_vKsu4ZukNrt_Ul7J8_zS1PZUqimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyZHjvkU6XZyqh4Z7pRvPSDXT_cYevrlFXZ2xV5HDzxV_6px8q
  • Thereal_baThereal_ba Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12
    313 wayz wrote: »

1. Figure out your business type ( sole proprietor, llc, c corp, s corp,etc.) ( cost varies by state)
    2. Register that business
    3. After the business is registered, apply for a ein number
    4.apply for a d&b number( to help build up your paydex score)
    5. Start applying for business tradelines
    6. Buy small items with your established tradelines
    6 (optional) apply for business credit line with a pg ( personal guarantee) but they go off your personal score.

What i posted is the extremely basic version. It will take 6 months to a year to build up your score, but once your paydex score hits 80 your golden.
    Cinco313 wayz
  • 313 wayz313 wayz Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    313 wayz wrote: »

1. Figure out your business type ( sole proprietor, llc, c corp, s corp,etc.) ( cost varies by state)
    2. Register that business
    3. After the business is registered, apply for a ein number
    4.apply for a d&b number( to help build up your paydex score)
    5. Start applying for business tradelines
    6. Buy small items with your established tradelines
    6 (optional) apply for business credit line with a pg ( personal guarantee) but they go off your personal score.

What i posted is the extremely basic version. It will take 6 months to a year to build up your score, but once your paydex score hits 80 your golden.

thanks for spreading the knowledge....I really appreciate it
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS10PHjK49Hr04JdUWCKX2bYXGsih3NqqH4zOtp_B1n1t69rffUimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBxM0g4vOsb6usHR4kboqDxA_vKsu4ZukNrt_Ul7J8_zS1PZUqimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyZHjvkU6XZyqh4Z7pRvPSDXT_cYevrlFXZ2xV5HDzxV_6px8q