What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

What's The Point Of Marriage? (I Think MOST Of Us Get Married TOO Young)

123457

Replies

  • JusDre313JusDre313 ∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐ YEP........................ MEDICINAL!Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    and to @iamjaypee i agree with something u said earlier. Tradition. I think marraige is a traditional thing and i feel that with a LOT of shit in this country that we follow just because "its tradition". Remember i was dating this chick for a lil while Valentines day came and went and she was PISSED i didnt buy her anything. i hit her with one question and could never get much of an answer. my question

    "why do you feel i should have bought you something"

    her :"because its valentines day, its tradition, its what you do" and i asked her "why" and all she could say was because its tradition and I was being cheap. SHit wasnt about being cheap at all. I was trying to get her to understand she was telling me i was wrong for NOT doing something that SHE COULDNT explain to me WHY i should have done it, other than it being tradition. basically the bitch couldnt tell me one goddamn thang about Valentines Day, besides the fact i should have bought her some shit.. People are way to quick to follow things and or do shit they "think" they are obligated to do "out of tradition". Maybe thats just human tendecies. Im definitely not one of those people though, fuck tradition i do what I want.

    People only marry in America?

    Did you tell her before hand you don't do valentines day? Other then you being opposed to tradition why didn't you buy her anything?

    Do you celebrate birthdays, christmas, thanksgiving?

    no i meant to change that i meant its prolly the same in all countries. Dont think we had the discussion about the Vday before then.. naw i dont celebrate shit..and not knocking anyone who does ( i buy my son and nephews gifts for bdays & christmas, thats the extent of my holiday celebration) my point was not a knock on holidays ( i could care less what the next person do, long as u aint bothering me) was just giving an example of something another poster touched upon
  • THOT PILGRIMTHOT PILGRIM Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mryounggun wrote: »
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    I hear you. But humans usually always go for tha bait when its presented to them


    I betchu 90% of these dudes that claim homophobe would fuck a tranny if the right one and the right time presented itself



    Its human nature to want to be happy. You literally have to learn to "un-want" something. Marraige is no exception

    Let's talk about it. The bolded seems to indicate that marriage = happiness. I don't want to put words in your mouth. Is that what you're saying?

    Man let me tell you...marriage does not equal automatic happiness. Been married some years now and boy is that ever untrue

    You gotta keep finding ways to make YOU happy. And it's even better if you married the right one because your partner will respect that and encourage it.
    JusDre313mryounggun
  • JusDre313JusDre313 ∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐ YEP........................ MEDICINAL!Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    Niggaz wanna be different sooooo bad.



    "But its just Tradition" ass niggaz

    or niggas could just have a difference of opinion than you.. i saw u post a ton in this thread but i didnt read any of your post (no shade, seriously) so i dont even know ur postion on this topic, but last time I checked people have difference of opinions all the time
  • mryounggunmryounggun Loading up my Grey Matter Glock Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    mryounggun wrote: »
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    I hear you. But humans usually always go for tha bait when its presented to them


    I betchu 90% of these dudes that claim homophobe would fuck a tranny if the right one and the right time presented itself



    Its human nature to want to be happy. You literally have to learn to "un-want" something. Marraige is no exception

    Let's talk about it. The bolded seems to indicate that marriage = happiness. I don't want to put words in your mouth. Is that what you're saying?

    Man let me tell you...marriage does not equal automatic happiness. Been married some years now and boy is that ever untrue

    You gotta keep finding ways to make YOU happy. And it's even better if you married the right one because your partner will respect that and encourage it.

    I mean, I know that. But I don't know what other conclusion to draw from the man's words. Lol. Gotta let him explain.
  • Kwan DaiKwan Dai Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    and to @iamjaypee i agree with something u said earlier. Tradition. I think marraige is a traditional thing and i feel that with a LOT of shit in this country that we follow just because "its tradition". Remember i was dating this chick for a lil while Valentines day came and went and she was PISSED i didnt buy her anything. i hit her with one question and could never get much of an answer. my question

    "why do you feel i should have bought you something"

    her :"because its valentines day, its tradition, its what you do" and i asked her "why" and all she could say was because its tradition and I was being cheap. SHit wasnt about being cheap at all. I was trying to get her to understand she was telling me i was wrong for NOT doing something that SHE COULDNT explain to me WHY i should have done it, other than it being tradition. basically the bitch couldnt tell me one goddamn thang about Valentines Day, besides the fact i should have bought her some shit.. People are way to quick to follow things and or do shit they "think" they are obligated to do "out of tradition". Maybe thats just human tendecies. Im definitely not one of those people though, fuck tradition i do what I want.

    People only marry in America?

    Did you tell her before hand you don't do valentines day? Other then you being opposed to tradition why didn't you buy her anything?

    Do you celebrate birthdays, christmas, thanksgiving?

    no i meant to change that i meant its prolly the same in all countries. Dont think we had the discussion about the Vday before then.. naw i dont celebrate shit..and not knocking anyone who does ( i buy my son and nephews gifts for bdays & christmas, thats the extent of my holiday celebration) my point was not a knock on holidays ( i could care less what the next person do, long as u aint bothering me) was just giving an example of something another poster touched upon


    Marriage is many things across various cultures. Just saying.

    I get it. But what you are saying is, you are against some traditions not all. As Birthdays, Christmas are indeed holidays but are also traditions. You got folks that aint never been in a church but in engage in Christmas simply because it's tradition.

    So, to keep it consistent if you are opposed to marriage because, it's tradition then you should be opposed to birthdays, Christmas, Halloween etc.
  • mryounggunmryounggun Loading up my Grey Matter Glock Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    and to @iamjaypee i agree with something u said earlier. Tradition. I think marraige is a traditional thing and i feel that with a LOT of shit in this country that we follow just because "its tradition". Remember i was dating this chick for a lil while Valentines day came and went and she was PISSED i didnt buy her anything. i hit her with one question and could never get much of an answer. my question

    "why do you feel i should have bought you something"

    her :"because its valentines day, its tradition, its what you do" and i asked her "why" and all she could say was because its tradition and I was being cheap. SHit wasnt about being cheap at all. I was trying to get her to understand she was telling me i was wrong for NOT doing something that SHE COULDNT explain to me WHY i should have done it, other than it being tradition. basically the bitch couldnt tell me one goddamn thang about Valentines Day, besides the fact i should have bought her some shit.. People are way to quick to follow things and or do shit they "think" they are obligated to do "out of tradition". Maybe thats just human tendecies. Im definitely not one of those people though, fuck tradition i do what I want.

    People only marry in America?

    Did you tell her before hand you don't do valentines day? Other then you being opposed to tradition why didn't you buy her anything?

    Do you celebrate birthdays, christmas, thanksgiving?

    no i meant to change that i meant its prolly the same in all countries. Dont think we had the discussion about the Vday before then.. naw i dont celebrate shit..and not knocking anyone who does ( i buy my son and nephews gifts for bdays & christmas, thats the extent of my holiday celebration) my point was not a knock on holidays ( i could care less what the next person do, long as u aint bothering me) was just giving an example of something another poster touched upon


    Marriage is many things across various cultures. Just saying.

    I get it. But what you are saying is, you are against some traditions not all. As Birthdays, Christmas are indeed holidays but are also traditions. You got folks that aint never been in a church but in engage in Christmas simply because it's tradition.

    So, to keep it consistent if you are opposed to marriage because, it's tradition then you should be opposed to birthdays, Christmas, Halloween etc.

    Very nice over-simplification.
  • Kwan DaiKwan Dai Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    and to @iamjaypee i agree with something u said earlier. Tradition. I think marraige is a traditional thing and i feel that with a LOT of shit in this country that we follow just because "its tradition". Remember i was dating this chick for a lil while Valentines day came and went and she was PISSED i didnt buy her anything. i hit her with one question and could never get much of an answer. my question

    "why do you feel i should have bought you something"

    her :"because its valentines day, its tradition, its what you do" and i asked her "why" and all she could say was because its tradition and I was being cheap. SHit wasnt about being cheap at all. I was trying to get her to understand she was telling me i was wrong for NOT doing something that SHE COULDNT explain to me WHY i should have done it, other than it being tradition. basically the bitch couldnt tell me one goddamn thang about Valentines Day, besides the fact i should have bought her some shit.. People are way to quick to follow things and or do shit they "think" they are obligated to do "out of tradition". Maybe thats just human tendecies. Im definitely not one of those people though, fuck tradition i do what I want.

    People only marry in America?

    Did you tell her before hand you don't do valentines day? Other then you being opposed to tradition why didn't you buy her anything?

    Do you celebrate birthdays, christmas, thanksgiving?

    no i meant to change that i meant its prolly the same in all countries. Dont think we had the discussion about the Vday before then.. naw i dont celebrate shit..and not knocking anyone who does ( i buy my son and nephews gifts for bdays & christmas, thats the extent of my holiday celebration) my point was not a knock on holidays ( i could care less what the next person do, long as u aint bothering me) was just giving an example of something another poster touched upon


    Marriage is many things across various cultures. Just saying.

    I get it. But what you are saying is, you are against some traditions not all. As Birthdays, Christmas are indeed holidays but are also traditions. You got folks that aint never been in a church but in engage in Christmas simply because it's tradition.

    So, to keep it consistent if you are opposed to marriage because, it's tradition then you should be opposed to birthdays, Christmas, Halloween etc.

    Very nice over-simplification.

    Nope. Spot on. Unless you also walk through life being inconsistent.

  • JusDre313JusDre313 ∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐ YEP........................ MEDICINAL!Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    and to @iamjaypee i agree with something u said earlier. Tradition. I think marraige is a traditional thing and i feel that with a LOT of shit in this country that we follow just because "its tradition". Remember i was dating this chick for a lil while Valentines day came and went and she was PISSED i didnt buy her anything. i hit her with one question and could never get much of an answer. my question

    "why do you feel i should have bought you something"

    her :"because its valentines day, its tradition, its what you do" and i asked her "why" and all she could say was because its tradition and I was being cheap. SHit wasnt about being cheap at all. I was trying to get her to understand she was telling me i was wrong for NOT doing something that SHE COULDNT explain to me WHY i should have done it, other than it being tradition. basically the bitch couldnt tell me one goddamn thang about Valentines Day, besides the fact i should have bought her some shit.. People are way to quick to follow things and or do shit they "think" they are obligated to do "out of tradition". Maybe thats just human tendecies. Im definitely not one of those people though, fuck tradition i do what I want.

    People only marry in America?

    Did you tell her before hand you don't do valentines day? Other then you being opposed to tradition why didn't you buy her anything?

    Do you celebrate birthdays, christmas, thanksgiving?

    no i meant to change that i meant its prolly the same in all countries. Dont think we had the discussion about the Vday before then.. naw i dont celebrate shit..and not knocking anyone who does ( i buy my son and nephews gifts for bdays & christmas, thats the extent of my holiday celebration) my point was not a knock on holidays ( i could care less what the next person do, long as u aint bothering me) was just giving an example of something another poster touched upon


    Marriage is many things across various cultures. Just saying.

    I get it. But what you are saying is, you are against some traditions not all. As Birthdays, Christmas are indeed holidays but are also traditions. You got folks that aint never been in a church but in engage in Christmas simply because it's tradition.

    So, to keep it consistent if you are opposed to marriage because, it's tradition then you should be opposed to birthdays, Christmas, Halloween etc.

    i never said one time i was even opposed to marraige. I said it could be great or terrible depending on the people involved. I got NO beef wit marraige (and im divorced bruh) i was speaking on a point jay pee said about tradition, thats it.

    as far as the holidays/bithday stuff i said i buy shit for my son & nephews.. and thats only cuz their children. i dont really "celebrate" shit, but thats just me. But im one of those people.. i dont really go by a set of rules. do whatever the hell you WANT to do. As long as u arent interferring with someone elses life. DO YOU
  • MoneyLuverMoneyLuver Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    I get it. Yall are unhappy with yourselves


    And since that's the case, you're right. Nobody can help You but You
  • Kwan DaiKwan Dai Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    and to @iamjaypee i agree with something u said earlier. Tradition. I think marraige is a traditional thing and i feel that with a LOT of shit in this country that we follow just because "its tradition". Remember i was dating this chick for a lil while Valentines day came and went and she was PISSED i didnt buy her anything. i hit her with one question and could never get much of an answer. my question

    "why do you feel i should have bought you something"

    her :"because its valentines day, its tradition, its what you do" and i asked her "why" and all she could say was because its tradition and I was being cheap. SHit wasnt about being cheap at all. I was trying to get her to understand she was telling me i was wrong for NOT doing something that SHE COULDNT explain to me WHY i should have done it, other than it being tradition. basically the bitch couldnt tell me one goddamn thang about Valentines Day, besides the fact i should have bought her some shit.. People are way to quick to follow things and or do shit they "think" they are obligated to do "out of tradition". Maybe thats just human tendecies. Im definitely not one of those people though, fuck tradition i do what I want.

    People only marry in America?

    Did you tell her before hand you don't do valentines day? Other then you being opposed to tradition why didn't you buy her anything?

    Do you celebrate birthdays, christmas, thanksgiving?

    no i meant to change that i meant its prolly the same in all countries. Dont think we had the discussion about the Vday before then.. naw i dont celebrate shit..and not knocking anyone who does ( i buy my son and nephews gifts for bdays & christmas, thats the extent of my holiday celebration) my point was not a knock on holidays ( i could care less what the next person do, long as u aint bothering me) was just giving an example of something another poster touched upon


    Marriage is many things across various cultures. Just saying.

    I get it. But what you are saying is, you are against some traditions not all. As Birthdays, Christmas are indeed holidays but are also traditions. You got folks that aint never been in a church but in engage in Christmas simply because it's tradition.

    So, to keep it consistent if you are opposed to marriage because, it's tradition then you should be opposed to birthdays, Christmas, Halloween etc.

    i never said one time i was even opposed to marraige. I said it could be great or terrible depending on the people involved. I got NO beef wit marraige (and im divorced bruh) i was speaking on a point jay pee said about tradition, thats it.

    as far as the holidays/bithday stuff i said i buy shit for my son & nephews.. and thats only cuz their children. i dont really "celebrate" shit, but thats just me. But im one of those people.. i dont really go by a set of rules. do whatever the hell you WANT to do. As long as u arent interferring with someone elses life. DO YOU

    You are pro-marriage. My bad.

    I will still disagree that marriage in this country or any where else in the world is based on tradition that people just want follow.

    Just curious. Did you marry because, of tradition?

  • mryounggunmryounggun Loading up my Grey Matter Glock Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    and to @iamjaypee i agree with something u said earlier. Tradition. I think marraige is a traditional thing and i feel that with a LOT of shit in this country that we follow just because "its tradition". Remember i was dating this chick for a lil while Valentines day came and went and she was PISSED i didnt buy her anything. i hit her with one question and could never get much of an answer. my question

    "why do you feel i should have bought you something"

    her :"because its valentines day, its tradition, its what you do" and i asked her "why" and all she could say was because its tradition and I was being cheap. SHit wasnt about being cheap at all. I was trying to get her to understand she was telling me i was wrong for NOT doing something that SHE COULDNT explain to me WHY i should have done it, other than it being tradition. basically the bitch couldnt tell me one goddamn thang about Valentines Day, besides the fact i should have bought her some shit.. People are way to quick to follow things and or do shit they "think" they are obligated to do "out of tradition". Maybe thats just human tendecies. Im definitely not one of those people though, fuck tradition i do what I want.

    People only marry in America?

    Did you tell her before hand you don't do valentines day? Other then you being opposed to tradition why didn't you buy her anything?

    Do you celebrate birthdays, christmas, thanksgiving?

    no i meant to change that i meant its prolly the same in all countries. Dont think we had the discussion about the Vday before then.. naw i dont celebrate shit..and not knocking anyone who does ( i buy my son and nephews gifts for bdays & christmas, thats the extent of my holiday celebration) my point was not a knock on holidays ( i could care less what the next person do, long as u aint bothering me) was just giving an example of something another poster touched upon


    Marriage is many things across various cultures. Just saying.

    I get it. But what you are saying is, you are against some traditions not all. As Birthdays, Christmas are indeed holidays but are also traditions. You got folks that aint never been in a church but in engage in Christmas simply because it's tradition.

    So, to keep it consistent if you are opposed to marriage because, it's tradition then you should be opposed to birthdays, Christmas, Halloween etc.

    Very nice over-simplification.

    Nope. Spot on. Unless you also walk through life being inconsistent.

    That's not inconsistent at all. Not everything can be explored at the most basic, rudimentary level and equated to something else, my G.

    Chrsitmas is a tradition. But that tradition also has very real, practical applications for a lot people, in terms of why they continue to practice it. Be it religious mandate, or just using it as a time of year to be with your family when you usually aren't together and exchange gifts in a show of love and affection.

    Same with birthdays. You celebrate the day you were born by having the people who love you and were glad that you were born, show you love and affection with gifts, kind words, etc.

    Those are the practical applications specific to those two traditions. What are the practical applications that are actually specific to marriage? Love? No, because you can love someone the exact same if you are married to them as you can if you are not. Stability? No, because a marriage can end just like a relationship can. What else? Let's talk about it.

    That's why I said earlier that religious mandate and the building/preservation of wealth/assets are the only logical reasons for marriage that I see. Nothing wrong with marriage, and I'll probably get married one day. I'm not anti-marriage at all. But I recognize the reality of marriage.
  • topoftheworldtopoftheworld pay attention. Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    New pussy>>>>>>>in house pussy>>>>>>>>old pussy>>>>>>>>>>no pussy


    ^^^^the keys of life, you're welcome

    @Cain‌

    how's that working out for you, big guy?
    peace in my heart. peace in my soul. wherever I'm going I'm already home.
    Trillfate
  • JusDre313JusDre313 ∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐ YEP........................ MEDICINAL!Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    and to @iamjaypee i agree with something u said earlier. Tradition. I think marraige is a traditional thing and i feel that with a LOT of shit in this country that we follow just because "its tradition". Remember i was dating this chick for a lil while Valentines day came and went and she was PISSED i didnt buy her anything. i hit her with one question and could never get much of an answer. my question

    "why do you feel i should have bought you something"

    her :"because its valentines day, its tradition, its what you do" and i asked her "why" and all she could say was because its tradition and I was being cheap. SHit wasnt about being cheap at all. I was trying to get her to understand she was telling me i was wrong for NOT doing something that SHE COULDNT explain to me WHY i should have done it, other than it being tradition. basically the bitch couldnt tell me one goddamn thang about Valentines Day, besides the fact i should have bought her some shit.. People are way to quick to follow things and or do shit they "think" they are obligated to do "out of tradition". Maybe thats just human tendecies. Im definitely not one of those people though, fuck tradition i do what I want.

    People only marry in America?

    Did you tell her before hand you don't do valentines day? Other then you being opposed to tradition why didn't you buy her anything?

    Do you celebrate birthdays, christmas, thanksgiving?

    no i meant to change that i meant its prolly the same in all countries. Dont think we had the discussion about the Vday before then.. naw i dont celebrate shit..and not knocking anyone who does ( i buy my son and nephews gifts for bdays & christmas, thats the extent of my holiday celebration) my point was not a knock on holidays ( i could care less what the next person do, long as u aint bothering me) was just giving an example of something another poster touched upon


    Marriage is many things across various cultures. Just saying.

    I get it. But what you are saying is, you are against some traditions not all. As Birthdays, Christmas are indeed holidays but are also traditions. You got folks that aint never been in a church but in engage in Christmas simply because it's tradition.

    So, to keep it consistent if you are opposed to marriage because, it's tradition then you should be opposed to birthdays, Christmas, Halloween etc.

    i never said one time i was even opposed to marraige. I said it could be great or terrible depending on the people involved. I got NO beef wit marraige (and im divorced bruh) i was speaking on a point jay pee said about tradition, thats it.

    as far as the holidays/bithday stuff i said i buy shit for my son & nephews.. and thats only cuz their children. i dont really "celebrate" shit, but thats just me. But im one of those people.. i dont really go by a set of rules. do whatever the hell you WANT to do. As long as u arent interferring with someone elses life. DO YOU

    You are pro-marriage. My bad.

    I will still disagree that marriage in this country or any where else in the world is based on tradition that people just want follow.

    Just curious. Did you marry because, of tradition?

    fam i think you got my point twisted.. i never said people marry ONLY for tradition. hell i didnt even say it was a factor i was piggy backing off a post someone had about following traditions.. thats it bruh.. thats what my valentines rant was about . to the topic though.. I think SOME people feel they HAVE to get married, and are always on a wife/husband hunt , That could be from tradition, religious beliefs, family beliefs, loneliness or a plethora of other issues that i dont care to type out. Im not against marraige. Im an advocate oF DOING WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY.. and not letting anything deter you from that.. but thats just me and i realizing i think alot differnetly than the average person
  • Kwan DaiKwan Dai Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    and to @iamjaypee i agree with something u said earlier. Tradition. I think marraige is a traditional thing and i feel that with a LOT of shit in this country that we follow just because "its tradition". Remember i was dating this chick for a lil while Valentines day came and went and she was PISSED i didnt buy her anything. i hit her with one question and could never get much of an answer. my question

    "why do you feel i should have bought you something"

    her :"because its valentines day, its tradition, its what you do" and i asked her "why" and all she could say was because its tradition and I was being cheap. SHit wasnt about being cheap at all. I was trying to get her to understand she was telling me i was wrong for NOT doing something that SHE COULDNT explain to me WHY i should have done it, other than it being tradition. basically the bitch couldnt tell me one goddamn thang about Valentines Day, besides the fact i should have bought her some shit.. People are way to quick to follow things and or do shit they "think" they are obligated to do "out of tradition". Maybe thats just human tendecies. Im definitely not one of those people though, fuck tradition i do what I want.

    People only marry in America?

    Did you tell her before hand you don't do valentines day? Other then you being opposed to tradition why didn't you buy her anything?

    Do you celebrate birthdays, christmas, thanksgiving?

    no i meant to change that i meant its prolly the same in all countries. Dont think we had the discussion about the Vday before then.. naw i dont celebrate shit..and not knocking anyone who does ( i buy my son and nephews gifts for bdays & christmas, thats the extent of my holiday celebration) my point was not a knock on holidays ( i could care less what the next person do, long as u aint bothering me) was just giving an example of something another poster touched upon


    Marriage is many things across various cultures. Just saying.

    I get it. But what you are saying is, you are against some traditions not all. As Birthdays, Christmas are indeed holidays but are also traditions. You got folks that aint never been in a church but in engage in Christmas simply because it's tradition.

    So, to keep it consistent if you are opposed to marriage because, it's tradition then you should be opposed to birthdays, Christmas, Halloween etc.

    Very nice over-simplification.

    Nope. Spot on. Unless you also walk through life being inconsistent.

    That's not inconsistent at all. Not everything can be explored at the most basic, rudimentary level and equated to something else, my G.

    Chrsitmas is a tradition. But that tradition also has very real, practical applications for a lot people, in terms of why they continue to practice it. Be it religious mandate, or just using it as a time of year to be with your family when you usually aren't together and exchange gifts in a show of love and affection.

    Same with birthdays. You celebrate the day you were born by having the people who love you and were glad that you were born, show you love and affection with gifts, kind words, etc.

    Those are the practical applications specific to those two traditions. What are the practical applications that are actually specific to marriage? Love? No, because you can love someone the exact same if you are married to them as you can if you are not. Stability? No, because a marriage can end just like a relationship can. What else? Let's talk about it.

    That's why I said earlier that religious mandate and the building/preservation of wealth/assets are the only logical reasons for marriage that I see. Nothing wrong with marriage, and I'll probably get married one day. I'm not anti-marriage at all. But I recognize the reality of marriage.


    Upholding a religious mandate or retaining wealth is logical but not practical?

    Christmas and Birthdays could be viewed as illogical and impractical. Considering you can gather with family any time of the year if a person chooses. You can exchange gifts at any time during the year as well. There are plenty of people knee deep in debt because, of Christmas and Birthdays.

    I totally recognize the reality of marriage. Having grown up in a home with married parents and being married for 15+ years.

    I only point out if, you are single then be single. I think is down right hypocritical on a man and woman's part to play like their married yet say they don't want marriage. And I am not defining marriage as the Christian version of marriage. Marriage meaning a Man and Woman in front of witnesses going on record that they are forming a union and will put forth their best effort to keep it strong and healthy.
    MoneyLuver
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 44,503 Regulator
    Cain wrote: »
    New pussy>>>>>>>in house pussy>>>>>>>>old pussy>>>>>>>>>>no pussy


    ^^^^the keys of life, you're welcome

    @Cain‌

    how's that working out for you, big guy?

    I don't know you tell me, little mama?


    @topoftheworld‌
    I mod without feelings or remorse.


    Just been through it all man
    Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    What the fuck else can happen yo?
    I dont think much more son, word to mother yo
    We done seen it all, and been through it all yo
    Let y'all niggaz know right now
    Word to mother, for real, for real
    I aint ever goin back
  • MoneyLuverMoneyLuver Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    I get it. Yall are unhappy with yourselves


    And since that's the case, you're right. Nobody can help You but You

    Slept on post. Alotta niggaz in denial over here
  • topoftheworldtopoftheworld pay attention. Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    New pussy>>>>>>>in house pussy>>>>>>>>old pussy>>>>>>>>>>no pussy


    ^^^^the keys of life, you're welcome

    @Cain‌

    how's that working out for you, big guy?

    I don't know you tell me, little mama?


    @topoftheworld‌

    I wouldn't have a clue.

    with you approaching the midlife mark, that was a genuine question @Cain‌
    peace in my heart. peace in my soul. wherever I'm going I'm already home.
  • JusDre313JusDre313 ∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐ YEP........................ MEDICINAL!Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    I get it. Yall are unhappy with yourselves

    And since that's the case, you're right. Nobody can help You but You

    Slept on post. Alotta niggaz in denial over here


    ^^nigga needs attention post.
    Yall are unhappy with yourselves
    Fam we dont agree with you.. no biggie you'll be aight. i shouldnt even response to the bolded.. but if you NEED someone to make you happy as a person u already lost..


    reminds me of that old Katt Williams joke about self esteem. bitch how do i bring YOUR self esteem down. Its your OWN feelings, esteem of your muthafucking self! If you NEED someone else to make YOU happy, ur lacking something indivdually off top
    MoneyLuver
  • Kwan DaiKwan Dai Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    I get it. Yall are unhappy with yourselves

    And since that's the case, you're right. Nobody can help You but You

    Slept on post. Alotta niggaz in denial over here


    ^^nigga needs attention post.
    Yall are unhappy with yourselves
    Fam we dont agree with you.. no biggie you'll be aight. i shouldnt even response to the bolded.. but if you NEED someone to make you happy as a person u already lost..


    reminds me of that old Katt Williams joke about self esteem. bitch how do i bring YOUR self esteem down. Its your OWN feelings, esteem of your muthafucking self! If you NEED someone else to make YOU happy, ur lacking something indivdually off top

    I agree with this 100%. Only you can make you happy.

    JusDre313
  • MoneyLuverMoneyLuver Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    I just recognize denial when I see it.


    "I can see you but you can't see me"




    All I'm sayin iz that no matter how much u try to explain yourselves and "drop knowledge" you still can't hide behind a Screen



    Yall act like what the gist yall gettin at isn't common sense and has to be explained. I'm sure you recognize that I'm no child so why you OD'ing trying to say tha obvious




    A muthafucka ain't gone tell me that living the Single Life forever is glamorous or desirable. If that's the case then clearly you have Mental Issues going on.


    Real life is real life and Entertainment is entertainment.

    Nobody really wants to Trap on tha block but they recognize the very few Options they have and gain the Confidence to keep it goin.


    C'mon dogg. I cosign my man Tank. People gotta start keepin it honest with each other and stop pretending like we don't already know wat it is. And clearly I struck a nerve with a couple people so obviously there's something that hits home


    I was born in the daylight my nigga. I came out the womb already seeing everything for wat it iz
  • MoneyLuverMoneyLuver Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Mingling around is great until you realize that you burnt the wrong bridge(s) in hindsight


    And then after that its all about coping & surviving like how u know best
  • Neophyte WolfgangNeophyte Wolfgang Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moneyluver is needy and delusional, how about you try getting a girl instead of trying to get us to agree with you and believe your opinion? What you says makes no sense, I honestly by looking at your avatar can tell you haven't been with any much women at all
    MoneyLuver
  • MoneyLuverMoneyLuver Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol. I knew it
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    I never Nosigned that statement so stop False Flaggin. In Vegas its $800 a month for a decent Apartment so quit it.




    Just be real with yourself. Your supposed argument is hollow and you're full of shit becuz you don't have a clue wat you're talking about




    The median household might be earning 50K but that doesn't mean its the real life definition of "Middle Class".


    Real life Middle Class is 150K a year. Youre just thinking short term. True, a lot of it is in your head and how u handle that bread but Middle Class is still Middle Class.

    My argument was that you are wrong in saying 1 million dollars will be gone in 10-11 years and i showed how with simple math
    You failed to refute this

    Instead you made up a definition of middle class
    it was not based on a median or any stats

    You can kick facts instead of feelings any time now


    https://www.google.com/search?redir_esc=&client=ms-android-cricket&hl=en-US&safe=images&oe=utf-8&q=150k a year middle class&source=android-browser-type&qsubts=1408504838810

    "150k middle class" search on Google.

    Plus the News Networks covered this finding a couple weeks ago. It wasn't something I made up.


    You're just thinking about Today, not Tomorrow. Retirement, Life Insurance, and Inheritance is a real thing. The sooner u niggaz get hip the better. Its not my fault you don't know

    That was just a Google link
    Post some credible links

    the pages i visited from that link state
    Well according to a new survey of Americans by WSL/Strategic Retail, those that make $150,000 said they feel the most financially secure. That amount is enough to put a household into the top 10% nationally. But just below that threshold, those making $100-150k income are saying that they can only afford the basics with a little extra on the side. Six-figure incomes are not what they used to be these days. Although the national median is three-times less than $150k, it's looking like we've found a more reasonably logical "middle class", no?

    The top 10% is not the middle, it's actually 200% more than the middle


    Another one of the pages claims
    $25,000-$100,000 a year is what most would consider as a middle class income. - See more at: http://www.financialsamurai.com/definitions-of-a-middle-class-income-do-you-consider-yourself-middle-class/#sthash.CH57TOHb.dpuf

    Ed Lee, Mayor of San Fran, is quoted as saying
    Middle-income earners in San Francisco are those who take home “$80,000 to $150,000” a year, the mayor told Time magazine in an interview published Thursday.


    All those quotes are from that google link, and they all indicate that middle class begins lower than 150k
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
  • The_JackalThe_Jackal Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their in love with the idea of love
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Ephesians 6:10
Sign In or Register to comment.