Vol. 1 (2013 Edition) Winner: @Sion
- Sion Records http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/506501/make-your-own-label-finals-judges-vote-sion-records-wins
Vol. 2 (2014 Edition) Winner: @IceBergTaylor
- Renaissance Rocafella Records http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/511882/create-your-own-label-finals-winner-renaissance-rocafella-records-4-2/p1
Tutorial For Creating Album Covers: http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/510218/tutorial-for-creating-album-covers?new=1
The goal of the game is to make the best label possible, I auction artist and players will bid on them. Each participant will start with a budget of $450 million for their label, spend your money wisely. Players must come up with a name before starting. Players must have 1 album release from any of their artist and 1 group album. Track listings as well as album covers must be made for album releases. Players MUST use original song titles in tracklist and original album titles. If you need help making covers, use the tutorial link above provided. Labels will be evaluated on the following criteria: future sales, future critical acclaim, longevity, album covers/tracklist, and cohesion.
All tournament matches except for the Finals will be best of 5. Finals will be Best of 7. Judges must give reasons why they chose a individual's label.
I have judges but your welcome to throw your name in too:
- No retracting bids. If you don't participate for an extended period, your label will be auctioned off. During bidding, you can get a refund for an artist you want for 50% money back. You may do this 3 times. No overbidding, for ex. No bidding 100 Mill on a artist straight from the jump. Building your way up to 100 Mill is fine but bidding that high from the start is unacceptable. If overbidding occurs I will shut down the game and continue at another time.
- Trades and money offers are allowed via PM. Host must be included. Both labels must agree with trade in a PM. A trade can only be initiated AFTER an auction not during. A sale however can be done during the game.
- 1 Mill is the the minimum bid amount during an auction, you can't bid lower than that.
- You cannot have more than 20 rappers on your labels. Once you sign 20 rappers, you won't be able to get anymore (this does not include singers or producers). You will be responsible however with meeting deadlines for handing in cover art and albums you create as a result.
- Trolling or attempts to derail thread will get you kicked out the game.
- if an artist is traded you will not be debited for the remaining balance of their contract (i.e. if Kanye is bought for $200M and traded to say J.Cole who was bought for $50M you will not be in debt for or lose $150M). If however, the artist is a tier 1 artist and traded for a SINGLE tier 3 or tier 4 artist you will have to pay at least $50 million of your cash on hand for the tier 3 or tier 4 artist (this way we make it fair). Unless the deal entails multiple artists, an entire group/duo, a tier 2 or tier 1 artist, or a fairer deal the rule will not apply.
- If a player drops out of the game, their roster will be thrown in the "Draft Pick-up". Any artist that is passed and not bid on during the auctions will automatically be thrown in the "Draft Pick-Up" or "Mystery Bids".
- You are FREE to change the CEO, sub labels or groups that you create at any point during the game even before the finals. You will be responsible however with meeting deadlines for handing in new cover art or albums you create as a result.
- Creating new sub labels before the tournament with the same artists will NOT net you bonus funds, the bonus can only be received the first time.
- You are allowed to create multiple sub labels. Because we have many players and more money, everyone can't be the main 3 labels in Hip-Hop but everyone can be the Warner Bros/Atlantic or Koch of the game, it is imperative we give everyone equal standing. Once again you will be responsible for meeting deadlines for handing in new cover art or albums you create.
- During the auctions 2 labels may now sign 1 artist simultaneously (for example Rocafella and GOOD Music could both sign Kendrick Lamar). However, they will not be able to use the joint venture or artwork they create against each other in the tournament. And a joint venture signee can only be done once and a tariff of $80 million will have to be paid if the artist is a tier 1 and/or tier 2 artist. Both labels will be required to pay this tariff, it cannot be divided in half. If one label does not have the funds both labels will not be able to do the joint venture.
- Signing pairs, groups, duos, CEOs or label mates will generate bonus points which will result in having more money to bid.
Players can give a artists on their roster a label. Once you give a artist a label, you will have to come up with a original name for the label. You will now be doing business from the artist point of view. Artist can be signed to your main label or artist label.
Power Rankings: Labels will be ranked, rankings will be updated based on work labels put in. Points system will be a factor. All labels will be rewarded but rewards will be based on where you are ranked.
PM Mystery Bidding: During Pm bidding, labels will not know how much/what is being offered and the best offer will win.
Mystery Artist: I'll post up a picture of a question mark. Players will not know what they are bidding on until I yell sold and reveal who the artist is.
Points will help set up seeds for who will go against who once the auction is over.
Players will get -
100 points for picking up a tier 1 artist.
75 points for picking up a tier 2 artist.
50 points for picking up a producer.
25 points for picking up a tier 3 artist.
10 points for picking up a tier 4 artist
50 extra points for picking up a artist that is from the coast you represent.
Times will be set for auctions so the players don't miss out. I'll post a artist and players begin posting their bids. Another artist will get posted every 5 minutes or so.
2 round draft (At the end of the auction)
Points will determine order in draft
Round 1 (low to high): WHEN AUCTIONS ARE DONE AND THERE ARE STILL ARTISTS LEFT OVER THAT YOU WANT, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PICK 5 OF THEM UP FOR FREE. Points will not be given.
Round 2 (high to low). Players can use their remaining money to pick up artist for 10 mill each. Points will not be given.
Artists will be categorized into 4 tiers based on their status in the music industry.
Jay Z, Drake, Nas, = Tier 1 (Tier 1 artist usually go for 150 M)
J. Cole, Wale, A$AP Rocky = Tier 2 (Tier 2 artist usually go for 70 M)
Chance the Rapper, ASAP Ferg, = Tier 3
Cyhi the Prince, Mike G = Tier 4
*Tiers will NOT be auctioned in order