Official MIAMI HEAT THREAD

Replies

• BetaBeta Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster Posts: 59,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17
    Lmao shit comical at this point I'm sorry
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

• infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 48,247 Regulator
    Haven't seen a more intentional tank in a while lol
    tumblr_oqf7jvQVoh1tnaufeo2_540.jpg
    tumblr_onj2y2VMMA1sc0ffqo4_540.gif
    I'm with it lol

giphy.gif

infamous114TheBoyRo
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 48,247 Regulator
    Haven't seen a more intentional tank in a while lol

Welp lol
    Beta
    Lol I might have to start posting in here again. I used to not even watch if we was up

giphy.gif

• BDBIIDBDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. Tri-State Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Just dropping in, get familiar with him. That nigga Fultz

kelletwitter.jpg

As a matter of fact...

g5A5UC.gif

don't get familiar. Fultz to LA

The Squadz.
    gjuke.0.gif
    tumblr_omf3lbg6TS1s3gys4o1_400.gif
    tumblr_oobas3UvQw1s3gys4o1_400.gif
    1*ului1JHmdGTNQIQDxqLWNA.gif
    Betainfamous114
    17 points, 5 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals, 3 blocks tonight

Dare I say MIP candidate?

giphy.gif

Idk...maybe if he had been this way since the jump and hadn't gotten injured
    edited January 31
    Averaged 5 points and 2 rebounds last year

This year 11 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists (all career highs) and a block and a steal and sorting 35% from three. I mean it's about to be February and Winslow IS out the whole year so the stats can still rise

I wish he wasn't 29 I want him here for the next 2 seasons

giphy.gif

• south4lifesouth4life Bama Repesenta! Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 straight, these boys out there balling!
    MY SQUADS

MIAMI HEAT - 2006, 2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
    NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - 2010 XLIV Super Bowl Champions
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - 2010, 2012 & 2013 BCS National Champions, 2015 CFB Champions

south4life wrote: »

Yep they sure are...I mean eventually I hope we have a terrible feb and March but I'll enjoy the wins I guess now

No development for rich and Winslow though

giphy.gif

Beta wrote: »
    south4life wrote: »

Yep they sure are...I mean eventually I hope we have a terrible feb and March but I'll enjoy the wins I guess now

No development for rich and Winslow though

Most important of all. South4life, you won't feel the same about these wins in June when we're choosing in the 10 to 20 range and don't end up with a high impact player.
    I don't even know if dragic can even get traded at this point...

IM SO CONFUSED

giphy.gif

To keep Okaro beyond this weekend, we need to trade or release a player. Heat are exploring options. Bum ass Derrick Williams is the player involved.
    Bye bye Derrick

giphy.gif

Supposedly, Washington is interested in picking him up if he's available lol. Dude belongs overseas.
    Yeah I just read the article..might have found another young piece though..

How did we all of a sudden start getting decent with this? lol

giphy.gif

Bout time. Cause Riley always been anti-youth. As a matter of fact, I give him no credit lol. Shout out to the scouting department.
    Beta
    edited February 1
    We do have a great operation/farm system going with the skyforce though. It's the same exact system/culture on both teams. I know that's a big reason

giphy.gif

• south4lifesouth4life Bama Repesenta! Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn near half the team came from the D League.
    Dragic, J. Johnson, Waiters, D. Williams, Babbit, McTrash and Ellington came from Trades or Free Agency.
    Winslow and Richardson came from the draft and the rest from The D League, that's crazy.
    MY SQUADS

MIAMI HEAT - 2006, 2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
    NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - 2010 XLIV Super Bowl Champions
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - 2010, 2012 & 2013 BCS National Champions, 2015 CFB Champions

edited February 7
    *checks our standing on tankathon*

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

infamous114south4life
    We coming for that 1st round sweep at the hand of the Cavs!
    Betasouth4life
    https://theringer.com/miami-heat-playoff-push-rodney-mcgruder-willie-reed-james-johnson-nba-974b6f5fa528#.9j4jj4v0m

Rodney McGruder

No player encapsulates Miami’s rise more than McGruder, whose ability to come up with loose balls has his teammates calling him “The Scavenger.” An undrafted free agent out of Kansas State in 2013 who spent a season in Hungary and two seasons in the D-League, McGruder came into training camp fighting to make the team. But he had a leg up on his competition for the 15th spot on the roster: He averaged 15.8 points per game as a starter last season for the D-League champion Sioux Falls Skyforce, the Heat’s D-League affiliate, which ran the same offense that Spoelstra uses in Miami. The Heat have been one of the best at using their D-League team; McGruder, Whiteside, Richardson, and Johnson are all Skyforce alums.

McGruder took over as the starting small forward when Winslow went down on New Year’s Eve, which wound up being one of the turning points for the Heat. McGruder isn’t nearly as talented as Winslow, a former lottery pick, but he’s a much better outside shooter, which opens up the floor for Dragic, Waiters, and Whiteside. McGruder is shooting 32.9 percent from 3 on the season (and 37.2 percent over the past 15 games), compared to 20 percent for Winslow, and he’s a smart player who rarely makes mistakes. He’s the perfect role player, catching and firing quickly, confidently attacking close-outs, and keeping the ball zipping around the perimeter.

But where he really earns his keep is on defense, despite giving up a ton of size at small forward. At 6-foot-4 and 205 pounds with a 6-foot-5 wingspan, McGruder doesn’t have elite speed or length, but he’s a sound positional defender with quick hands who never gives up on plays and rarely allows open looks if he’s in the vicinity of a shot attempt. He plays with the hunger you would expect from a longtime D-Leaguer getting a chance in the NBA, and his combination of hustle and intelligence has made him a favorite of the Miami coaching staff. They slide him around the perimeter to match up with the opposing team’s best player, and he’s one of the best isolation defenders in the league, giving up only 0.70 points per possession when being attacked one-on-one.

Also give props to Reed and James Johnson