Official MIAMI HEAT THREAD

1767778798082»

Replies

• infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 46,988 Regulator
    Don't care who we draft, Heat never been good at drafting historically.
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Posts: 31,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol don't even know who the fuck that is

He was a top prospect but i think he had 2-3 knee surgeries, ended up avg only 4 ppg at duke
  • BetaBeta White People Buyin Pitbulls Now.. Posts: 57,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't care who we draft, Heat never been good at drafting historically.

Ay this a deep draft. Who we draft can start two seasons from now imo depending on the position

Giles too risky but let's say he gets over the injuries. It's borderline star potential dont wanna take the risk though

I would say PF is the position to draft for but I'm all for drafting a SF
    As soon as we draft this guy, Winslow fading to bolivia like Stanley Johnson
    infamous114
    edited May 19
    And infamous you should look into this more because this pick kinda needs to be good. If anything we do better with 2nd rounders and undrafted players than 1st rounders...

2017 second round draft pick to Philadelphia
    Miami's 2017 2nd round pick to Philadelphia (via Atlanta) [Atlanta-Miami, 6/27/2013; Atlanta-Philadelphia, 2/22/2017]

2018 first round draft pick to Phoenix
    Miami's 1st round pick to Phoenix protected for selections 1-7 in 2018 and unprotected in 2019 [Miami-New Orleans-Phoenix, 2/19/2015]

2018 second round draft pick to Memphis
    Miami's 2018 2nd round pick to Memphis [Charlotte-Memphis-Miami, 2/16/2016]

2019 second round draft pick to Minnesota
    Miami's 2019 2nd round pick to Minnesota (via Charlotte) [Charlotte-Miami, 6/26/2014; Charlotte-Minnesota, 2/10/2015]

Look at that no first rounders until 2020

Combine that with Winslow being ass juice and dragic being 31 it could potentially turn into an issue lol we need a power forward yesterday and a PG that's under 26 because rich ain't it

I hope Tyler Johnson gets traded though next season
    Tommy bilfiger
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 46,988 Regulator
    Seems really complicated for us to become a playoff team, much less a contender
    Tommy bilfiger
  • TheBoyRoTheBoyRo Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best thing about mcroberts is he only makes 6mil

BUT being optimistic maybe be of use since he'll provide some depth at the 4 and maybe he'll be somewhat decent since it's a contract year

I guess....
    Btw I mentioned john Collins being selected with the pick from wake Forest

At least four mock drafts have the Heat selecting the 6-foot-10, 225-pound Collins with the 14th pick. He would fill a need as the Heat played last season with one true power forward, James Johnson, in the rotation and Johnson is uncertain to return considering he will become a free agent on July 1.

And playing for the Heat would be dream come true. Collins was a true fan growing up, attending games at AmericanAirlines Arena and celebrating each of the two titles and four Finals appearances during the Big Three era.

And his favorite player. …

“I had a couple of D-Wade posters on the wall,” Collins said from the recent NBA Draft Combine in Chicago. “You got to love D-Wade, he was a South Florida legend.”

Lyria, who is retired from the Air Force and never doubted her boy someday would be in the NBA, wouldn’t mind John in a Heat uniform for more reasons than she could get in a car and make the 75 mile trip to see all of his home games.

“My all-time favorite coach is Pat Riley,” Lyria said of the Heat president. “I loved this man from when he was the coach of the New York Knicks. He was definition of coach swag.”

Collins was born in Layton, Utah, and by the time he started first grade he had lived in Guam, Turkey, St. Croix (where Lyria is from) and Tacoma, Wash.

Just before starting eighth grade he moved to Palm Beach County.

The majority of Collins' offense in college was derived from post-up opportunities, which made up 48.4% of his total possessions according to Synergy Sports Technology. He had some dominant stretches against collegiate defenders, scoring with an array of moves including impressive footwork with his back to the basket and an emerging face up game where he could knock down a mid-range jump shot smoothly or get to the rim off one or two dribbles.

Collins' advanced scoring instincts will undoubtedly come in handy in all kinds of miscellaneous situations, be it as a cutter, pick and roll finisher, offensive rebounder, or rim-runner in transition. He is a high energy player who has excellent hands, even when at his top speed, and is quick off the ground to finish above the rim.

He just needs to get a jumper to play with whiteside and he can't play small ball with him but that's fine