What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Official MIAMI HEAT THREAD

Replies

• infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 49,817 Regulator
    Poor man's Tristan Thompson? Don't see that at all
    Beta
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 49,817 Regulator
    The Heat made a strong presentation to free agent Gordon Hayward on Saturday and emerged believing it went very well.

Hayward was greeted by five Heat players - Hassan Whiteside, Udonis Haslem, Josh Richardson, Tyler Johnson and free agent James Johnson. He also met with president Pat Riley, coach Erik Spoelstra, Alonzo Mourning and several other coaches and executives.

Besides telling Hayward all of the obvious positives of playing here - weather, lack of state incoming tax, the Heat culture and championship pedigree - coaches also explained to Hayward how the offense would play to his strengths.

The Heat plans to sit tight, and not make any significant moves, until Hayward makes a decision, which is expected a day or two after he visits Boston on Sunday and Utah on Monday.

The Heat would be left with $5.7 million in cap space if it signs Hayward to a max deal, starting at $29.7 million.

But that amount would be increase to $9.7 million if Josh McRoberts is released and his cap hits are stretched over three years - something Miami would be receptive to.

In that scenario, the Heat very likely would offer its remaining cap space to James Johnson or Dion Waiters, if both remain uncommitted at the time. The Heat could offer either a contract starting at that $9.7 million and worth up to $41 million over four years.

There’s strong support in the organization for both Johnson and Waiters, and it won’t be an easy call which one to target if Hayward commits to Miami. Johnson’s presence at Hayward’s meeting Saturday was another indication of his team-first approach.

Johnson has said he will wait out Hayward’s decision; Waiters hasn’t been interviewed recently and thus hasn’t said if he will do the same.

The Heat also has a $4.3 million cap exception, but that likely wouldn’t be enough to keep Johnson or Waiters. That exception cannot be combined with cap space.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article159260759.html#storylink=cpy
    Beta
    What the Heat did to UD's home lol

DDr8KdeXcAA4d9s.jpg

DDr8KddXcAAiMri.jpg
    Betasouth4life
  • BetaBeta NH Posts: 62,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2
    After meeting with Gordon Hayward in Miami on Saturday, the Heat on Sunday turned its attention to Dion Waiters.

Heat president Pat Riley and coach Erik Spoelstra headed west to Los Angeles to meet with Waiters, according to a source close to the Heat free agent guard.

Waiters also has drawn interest from Chicago, the Knicks and Sacramento, the Associated Press reported Saturday.

Waiters was expected to meet with several teams in California over the next day.

The Heat wants to convey to Waiters that it’s still very interested, even though it is in no position to make a large lucrative offer until Hayward decides among offers from the Heat, Boston Celtics and Utah Jazz.

If Hayward signs with the Heat for a max deal (starting at $29.7 million in 2017-18), Miami would have $5.7 million in cap space and could open up $4 million more by releasing Josh McRoberts and stretching his cap hits over three years. That $9.7 million could be extrapolated into a four-year, $42 million deal for free agents James Johnson or Waiters.

But that $9.7 million likely wouldn’t be enough to keep both Johnson and Waiters, but merely one or the other. The Heat also has the option of attempting to shed salary in trades to try to create cap space to keep both players in the Hayward scenario.

Dealing Tyler Johnson, McRoberts and Justise Winslow for no money back - and there’s no indication if Heat would consider doing this - and cutting or trading Wayne Ellington by Friday’s contract deadline would leave Miami with $20 million or so in space if Hayward signs with the Heat, and that may or may not be enough to keep James Johnson and Waiters.

If the Heat must choose between James Johnson and Waiters in that Hayward-signing-with-Miami scenario, it would be viewed as a very difficult decision, with the possibility of Miami presenting offers to both players and see who takes it. Both have strong internal support.

James Johnson made $4 million last season and Waiters $2.9 million, with both players expected to command substantial raises.

Waiters averaged 15.8 points in 44 games for the Heat last season, missing extended time with ankle injuries. He shot 42.4 percent from the field and a career-high 39.5 percent on threes.

If Hayward bypasses the Heat, then the Heat is expected to try to keep Johnson and Waiters, and potentially Wayne Ellington, using $34 million in cap space.

Ellington, if his salary is guaranteed by Friday’s deadline, would drop the Heat’s currently-available space (once Chris Bosh is cut) from $34 million to just under $28 million.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article159321184.html
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

edited July 3
    Just gotta see him play against better players but this is encouraging

giphy.gif

edited July 6

Basically, the same team minus Reed.

#RunItBack

Encouraging thing is (disclaimer)

Mcrob will be healthy
    Winslow will be healthy
    Bam makes our frontcourt more athletic and he replaces reed
    Dion will be healthy and looking to build off the 46 games after developing chemistry with dragic

So while it's essentially the same team, it should be better and even more cohesive

Plus Gay is still in reach which is a 20 point scorer and then you can sport a lineup of

Dragic, Dion, winslow (ugh), Gay, and Whiteside

With TJ, Rich, mcgruder, JJ and bam off the bench (ellington and babbitt in spot mins)

All defensive, high motor guys that can play 2 positions and hit threes for the most part.

Rich got bigger too and bulked up so I'm excited to see him.

Losing out on Gordon did not hurt at all and I'm actually looking forward to next season. This is a 4th seed ceiling team and im cool with that

I do think we eventually need a backup PG though. Should call cole's bum ass up before he goes to play in siberia

giphy.gif

infamous114Tommy bilfiger
    edited July 6
    Probably 3 yr/48 mil

And we can go over the cap to sign babbitt

giphy.gif

OR a 1 year deal for like 18 mil

giphy.gif

I hope we didn't give JJ a long term deal. He's 31
    30 but if his deal is done when he's 33-34 that's perfect.

Plus he is a young 30 imo since he doesn't have alot of miles

giphy.gif

• south4lifesouth4life Bama Repesenta! Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let Babbitt go, im glad we finally got rid of McRoberts.
    MY SQUADS

MIAMI HEAT - 2006, 2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
    NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - 2010 XLIV Super Bowl Champions
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - 2010, 2012 & 2013 BCS National Champions, 2015 CFB Champions

I'd take Babbitt on a veteran minimum

He's most likely coming back

At the risk of a bilfiger lol reaction this team is actually quite dangerous

Physical, tough, defensive oriented team that has so many potential combinations

Each player besides whiteside can play two positions and can guard 2 positions

You can see a TJ, Rich, Ellington, winslow, bam lineup

You can see a dragic, waiters, winslow, JJ, olynck(sighs) lineup etc, etc

This was a top 5 defensive team with Winslow missing the majority of the season and then you add this cocksucker who is physical when we wants to be along with the rest of the guys and you have a team that teams are gonna be sore after playing. It's a team that's two deep at every position and sometimes 3 depending on matchups

Once again I'm excited to see them next season and it's a great blend of veterans and youth

This is a top 4 seed in the East

giphy.gif

Feel our contracts are team-friendly this offseason
    They are but I'm trying to figure out what happened to the JJ discount..but maybe pat gave him a few for being unsigned and trying to recruit hayward and waiting until the entire saga was over and even after KO was signed to get his deal

giphy.gif

Think that discount was only if Hayward signed
    Beta
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beta wrote: »

He's most likely coming back

At the risk of a bilfiger lol reaction this team is actually quite dangerous

Physical, tough, defensive oriented team that has so many potential combinations

Each player besides whiteside can play two positions and can guard 2 positions

You can see a TJ, Rich, Ellington, winslow, bam lineup

You can see a dragic, waiters, winslow, JJ, olynck(sighs) lineup etc, etc

This was a top 5 defensive team with Winslow missing the majority of the season and then you add this cocksucker who is physical when we wants to be along with the rest of the guys and you have a team that teams are gonna be sore after playing. It's a team that's two deep at every position and sometimes 3 depending on matchups

Once again I'm excited to see them next season and it's a great blend of veterans and youth

This is a top 4 seed in the East

You insecure but I actually agree.Everybody expectss the bucks to come up but they're never higher than a 6 seed

Raptors will slide a spot or 2,Hawks out.

Most of the big moves are done Preliminary east playoff picks

Cavs
    C's
    Wizards
    Heat
    Raptors
    Bucks
    Hornets
    Pistons/Sixers/Knicks
    Beta
    Nah it's not insecurity lol everytime we talk about the team and express enthusiasm you be clickin lol and I be like fuck this guy lol

I tried to get ahead of the curve that time though

But yeah it's not anything crazy but we're actually a dangerous team. It's not a sexy choice to be a dangerous team because most will laugh if you tell them that but this team depending on matchups could possibly go to the ECF and I still think this team personnel wise has the best chance against Cleveland. Not saying we would win but definitely punching them in the face in a series

giphy.gif

• Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah it's not insecurity lol everytime we talk about the team and express enthusiasm you be clickin lol and I be like fuck this guy lol

But yeah it's not anything crazy but we're actually a dangerous team. It's not a sexy choice to be a dangerous team because most will laugh if you tell them that but this team depending on matchups could possibly go to the ECF and I still think this team personnel wise has the best chance against Cleveland. Not saying we would win but definitely punching them in the face in a series

I do the same wit rockets talk.They aint winnin jack no matter who they add but daryl morey will get called a "genius" despite his shortsighted trades and star chasing terrible fits that never won anything.

I agree heat can make some noise.The C's regressing they have yet to address any weaknesses and will lose depth.Wizards may be better off wit more experience and a better bench everybody else :/
    Beta

I do the same wit rockets talk.They aint winnin jack no matter who they add but daryl morey will get called a "genius" despite his shortsighted trades and star chasing terrible fits that never won anything.

I agree heat can make some noise.The C's regressing they have yet to address any weaknesses and will lose depth.Wizards may be better off wit more experience and a better bench everybody else :/

I do that when south4lil or w/e types a paragraph about how lineups are gonna work and etc I dont even know WHY it's funny to me

I think if Boston doesn't get a rebounding big, hayward's deal is gonna make them worse. Combine that with two many forwards vying for PT and there's not THAT much improvement.

Wizards ain't doing shit and will regress.

Raps are pretenders nobody cares

Heat at the pinnacle are 3rd seed with the floor being 5

Either way with the same group for the most part building more chemistry, and young players improving in Rich, TJ, Winslow (eh), waiters, mcgruder, we are tough.

Defense will be suffocating I wish we coulda signed shabazz but ah well

giphy.gif

Tommy bilfiger