What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

IC Stop Making Excuses and Let's Get Healthy Thread

Replies

• Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Ive been watching a lot of fitness docs and have been considering going twice a day at the gym as I find it very theraputic. Today I made an IG account and will be posting updates to it on my new quest. I don't have any specific goals, just lose remaining body fat and gain muscle. But I plan to stay ketogenic and will post pics of food for my diet and take pics of muscle gains and stuff. I start the gym twice a day on the 21st. WAnted to wait till my next payday so I can get some supplements and shit, but yall can follow me If you'd like. I dont understand the app too much, but my name is started_at_300_now_we_here. Will be more active on it during the weekdays.

Dope man props. I tried 2 a days but wit a regular office gig shit was tough getting motivated after working all day.. Either way do your thing Lou.

That was my exact problem for a long time lol. I have an office job bUT after I have No energy from doing nothing. So I started going in the early morning and been able to get it done. By the time work is over I'm still low energy, but I think I'll be able to get it done on the 21st. One more week of one a days then gonna go harder.
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started going to the gym twice a day. Friend of mine was bugging me to go to the gym with him because he hates going alone, but im barely motivated going after work. Ive been going every weekday at 5AM though for 3 months and it kind of helps motivate me to go in the afternoon, but yesterday was the first day and my friends routine is a bit different than mine. In the AM i do more strength building, heavy weight low reps 3-5 sets, his routine is lighter weights and 3 sets of 15 reps, each day focusing on different muscle groups. Kind of getting the best of both worlds, but im pretty sore this morning and was sluggish at the gym this morning haha. Luckily it was just cardio and core so i just walked/jogged on the treadmill for an hour and did some hanging leg raises and kettlebell swings. Hopefully will see some good results here in a month or two.
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
  • ineedpussyineedpussy long hair dont care but bald head dont give a fuck! Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man i tore my acl on some bullshit....what can i do other than count calories to keep my weight down? doc said itll be about three weeks to a month after my surgery before i can even ride a bike. fml and fuck my cousin.
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEYLurkristocrat Lou_Cypher
  • Preach2TeachPreach2Teach I can't swim but my soul wont drown. Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22
    Did squats yesterday for the first time since hurting my lower back, didn't use any weight and I am surprised today at how much pain I can feel, not as much as with weights but pretty darn close! gonna keep it going with no wight and when I do go back the weighted squats I will not be going too heavy (not that I went crazy with the weight anyways)
    tumblr_mkjxwejtaA1r6y219o1_500.gif
  • J-GUTTAJ-GUTTA Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    man i tore my acl on some bullshit....what can i do other than count calories to keep my weight down? doc said itll be about three weeks to a month after my surgery before i can even ride a bike. fml and fuck my cousin.

I just registered with a website calles cronometer because I really want to track every little bit of food I eat.
    ice-cream.gif
    ineedpussyLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
  • ineedpussyineedpussy long hair dont care but bald head dont give a fuck! Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEYLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY SHAPE YOUR REALITY INSIDE WHICH YOU THRIVE Posts: 17,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ineedpussy wrote: »

Take that 'break' time to work on other areas of your body. As an example YOUR CORE STRENGHT AND STABILITY.

Lets say that you got three weeks to try to achieve an handstand pushup. The path it will take you exercisewise will fill your days.

When it comes to eat its not about calories per say but rather on the quality of the calories.
    Dont overeat
    Avoid sugary drinks at any cost. It should be very rare if not not more than on 33cl can of soda every two days.
    Avoid processed food. If you cant, eat nearly half an american servings.

Have plasure eating but think also about the duty to give to your body good elements.
    apocalyse-xmen-2016.jpg
    ineedpussy
  • spit_fiyaspit_fiya Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did squats yesterday for the first time since hurting my lower back, didn't use any weight and I am surprised today at how much pain I can feel, not as much as with weights but pretty darn close! gonna keep it going with no wight and when I do go back the weighted squats I will not be going too heavy (not that I went crazy with the weight anyways)

Do front squats instead of back squats and just do hacksquats, leg press and seated leg curls for your hamstrings
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEYLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY SHAPE YOUR REALITY INSIDE WHICH YOU THRIVE Posts: 17,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you put your pelvis forward in order to have an abdominal lock ?
    apocalyse-xmen-2016.jpg
    spit_fiya wrote: »

Do front squats instead of back squats and just do hacksquats, leg press and seated leg curls for your hamstrings

Weighted lunges too
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deep Muscle pull in chest..(dont know how)

elbow tendonitis is annoying as fuck (took the week off shit aint help a bit)

lower back soreness also sucks but it really isnt constant or debilitating
    Lou_Cypher
    First week of 2 a days almost complete. Got one more session to go in 8 hours. Actually been getting sore again, glad i got these 2 rest days coming up
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
  • MasteryMastery Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First week of 2 a days almost complete. Got one more session to go in 8 hours. Actually been getting sore again, glad i got these 2 rest days coming up

I be feeling like King Kong when I do two-a-days bruh haha

Can't nobody tell me shit!!!

*rips desk off wall*
    nlelbo.jpg
    Lou_CypherLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Im hoping to feel like King Kong after next week. Its nice having 2 different routines every day. Hitting literally every goddamn muscle lol. At 5pm there are so many sexy chicks at the gym. Once they see me making hella gains they will all pounce upon the penis
    MasteryLEMZIMUS_RAMSEYJ-GUTTAR.D.
  • Lurkristocrat Lurkristocrat Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im starting to love mondays at the gym. I woke up feeling refreshed AF at 4am. No soreness at all after last weeks 2 a days. Hit new personal records on Squats, Bench, dumbbell curls, and Seated Military shoulder press this morning. Knocked out my entire morning lift routine in 40 minutes. Didnt take pre workout or anything, just some coffee w/ heavy cream and coconut oil. Got to work, ate like 6 strips of bacon, 2 babybel cheeses and 3 hard boiled eggs and still feel pumped. Cant wait till work is over so i can go back.
    King_MOEbraLurkristocrat LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
  • wmj710wmj710 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't doing anything with my gi bill, so I just signed up for a 6 month hands on NASM personal training course. Start Monday, best case scenario I'll be able to get into a new career, worst case I'll learn a lot about something I love doing and will be able to make a some easy side money, and just keep doing what Im already doing.
    Lou_CypherBlack_SamsonLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
  • wmj710wmj710 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dumb mother fuckers aint warming up or stretching.

Too many gotdamn injuries going on.

The fuck is this shit?

Stop ego lifting n people watching and fucking focus..

Gotdamn.

Just discovered foam rolling too, highly underrated, I feel cheated by just now discovering this.
    Lurkristocrat
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 61,266 Regulator
    Could have been using a tennis ball as well
    if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
  • Qiv_OwanQiv_Owan Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im starting to love mondays at the gym. I woke up feeling refreshed AF at 4am. No soreness at all after last weeks 2 a days. Hit new personal records on Squats, Bench, dumbbell curls, and Seated Military shoulder press this morning. Knocked out my entire morning lift routine in 40 minutes. Didnt take pre workout or anything, just some coffee w/ heavy cream and coconut oil. Got to work, ate like 6 strips of bacon, 2 babybel cheeses and 3 hard boiled eggs and still feel pumped. Cant wait till work is over so i can go back.

Thats why the facts thread lackin
    tumblr_m5ems1iw2F1qi26lwo1_500.gif
    rs_640x360-160619194524-game_of_thrones-battle_of_the_bastards-6_55_33_pm_-_6_55_37_pm-2016-06-19.gif
    How fucking dare you. The facts thread is swole as i am
    ineedpussyJ-GUTTADarthRozay
  • Preach2TeachPreach2Teach I can't swim but my soul wont drown. Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you put your pelvis forward in order to have an abdominal lock ?

Not that I am aware of I think form could be improved tho this is why I am starting all over with no wights that injury was my body warning me to fix my weaknesses, plus gonna get somebody to film me so I can get a better view for improvements. plus more glute training and planks will be added to my workouts.
    tumblr_mkjxwejtaA1r6y219o1_500.gif
    The recent bodybuilders death have been a good wake up call.

Its all about HEALTH. Whatever we do, however we train for whatever purpose, we have to take in consideration ower daily, near and far future health.

Like i have said before A PLAN IS A GOOD ONE AS LONG AS ITS SUSTAINABLE!!!

Anorexia is a bitch
    Bigorexia is a bitch

apocalyse-xmen-2016.jpg
    J-GUTTA
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My lower back randomly started hurting a couple days ago. not even sure why since I've been too busy with work to go to the gym for a few days. annoying as hell though, and now I don't wanna aggravate it any more by working out