What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

IC Stop Making Excuses and Let's Get Healthy Thread

Replies

• wmj710wmj710 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    What kinda protein do yall use?? I've been using Whey Isolate, but ive been considering switching it up to a veggie based protein. Found some at costco that is Pea/Hemp Protein and seems to be made with some decently clean ingredients and its decently priced. Would love to see other ideas though. Sorry if ive asked this already.

Hemp protein is good, I haven't found any that tastes decent lol, but it definitely is a quality alternative.
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 52,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wmj710 wrote: »
    What kinda protein do yall use?? I've been using Whey Isolate, but ive been considering switching it up to a veggie based protein. Found some at costco that is Pea/Hemp Protein and seems to be made with some decently clean ingredients and its decently priced. Would love to see other ideas though. Sorry if ive asked this already.

Hemp protein is good, I haven't found any that tastes decent lol, but it definitely is a quality alternative.

Lol thats what im worried about mainly is the taste. I've heard that vegetable based protein is better for the body than Whey protein, but who knows. Figured id give it a shot though. The one at costco is chocolate flavor and im already not too crazy about chocolate flavored protein.
    You can mix it up or blend it with other stuff, I'm lazy though, I'll mix some aminos or BCAAs with it in a shaker, and that helps a little .
    I'm not sure what type of protein is better, but I'm hearing hemp is more efficient, and easily digested.
    Lou_Cypher
  • ineedpussyineedpussy long hair dont care but bald head dont give a fuck! Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    i work out my whole body 4-5 days a week

If you’re able to do that consistently without needing rest days due to soreness then you need to up the intensity of your workouts.

i have soreness on m,w,f cause i do some extra things on those days but in my mind i need to do it that much because i want to lose weight since i cant really do cardio because of my knee. and what do you mean by intensity?

What type of knee impairment do you have?

i tore my acl and meniscus in august

If you’re able to do that consistently without needing rest days due to soreness then you need to up the intensity of your workouts.

i have soreness on m,w,f cause i do some extra things on those days but in my mind i need to do it that much because i want to lose weight since i cant really do cardio because of my knee. and what do you mean by intensity?

Kettlebell will provide to you cardio muscular training.

bro ive been doing the kettlebell since you was pluggin it so much a couple of years ago and mastery did that 10000 swing challenge and said he lost weight and thats when i bought a fifty pound one. im good on that bro but thanks
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    U

What type of knee impairment do you have?

i tore my acl and meniscus in august

Kettlebell will provide to you cardio muscular training.

bro ive been doing the kettlebell since you was pluggin it so much a couple of years ago and mastery did that 10000 swing challenge and said he lost weight and thats when i bought a fifty pound one. im good on that bro but thanks

You can always hit the battle ropes, mixing that up with some core exercises can get the heart rate up. I like to go 30 seconds on the ropes, do a min plank, throw in some legs lifts or Russian twists, rest for a min and do it again 3 or 4 times.
    ineedpussy
  • J-GUTTAJ-GUTTA Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lou_Cypher a lot of them taste bland but the one's with the best taste have a lot of carbs. Just remember protein really only helps repair muscles. If your looking to build muscle go heavier and increase your protein but that is not good for the keto diet that you've been on.
    ice-cream.gif
    Lou_CypherBlack_Samson
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 52,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    @Lou_Cypher a lot of them taste bland but the one's with the best taste have a lot of carbs. Just remember protein really only helps repair muscles. If your looking to build muscle go heavier and increase your protein but that is not good for the keto diet that you've been on.

Yeah I've been working on trying to eat more. I think lately my protein has been pretty high, fat still higher, but probably not by much. Hard to eat more on keto though as all the fat and protein keeps you full for hours haha. I only eat one big meal a day with a bunch of snacks in between most days, but food intake has definitely been on my mind lately. Maybe I'll just add more salads with nuts and meats since it's lighter than most stuff I eat.
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 17,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

NOW pea protein (vanilla toffee and chocolate)

i cant have anything with whey in it
    Lou_Cypher
  • King_MOEbraKing_MOEbra Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I love hitting that heavy bag! Still doing my power and strength training, along with the bag. Went to the gym the last 2 days after missing all of last week due to my Ulcerative Proctitis condition flaring up, and some pain in my left shoulder.
    13434780_1743884425901195_1057805004825867569_n_zpscgc4wve5.jpg

FB_IMG_1477512302926_zpsafv7xnjd.jpg
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 17,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope you get better fam
    King_MOEbra
  • King_MOEbraKing_MOEbra Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP21 wrote: »
    hope you get better fam

Thanks bro. I'm good now, it just flares up, at times. Have had it since April 2011.
    13434780_1743884425901195_1057805004825867569_n_zpscgc4wve5.jpg

FB_IMG_1477512302926_zpsafv7xnjd.jpg
    AP21
  • spit_fiyaspit_fiya Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Garden of Life...been using it for 2 years now.
  • Qiv_OwanQiv_Owan Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hemp protein is a little too gritty for me, the veggie/pea/rice/plant shit is all good...anything that i cant pronounce or understand its purpose to the ingredients I leave alone

They also dont create that fake muscle look like the whey and soy do

If you have a Vitamin Shoppe or Vitamin World they usually have the best qualities, GNC too but they price their shit too high
    tumblr_m5ems1iw2F1qi26lwo1_500.gif
    rs_640x360-160619194524-game_of_thrones-battle_of_the_bastards-6_55_33_pm_-_6_55_37_pm-2016-06-19.gif
    Yeah unfortunately gnc is all we got up here lol. Couple indie supplement stores, but they ushall over price too. Will try that costco brand first but probably do some more research and order some online.
    I love taking my pre workout in the morning btw. Wakes me the fuck up lol
    wmj710
    edited December 4

Pre-Workout can dissolve rubber, if youre doing your health thing then its natural ways u can get that same energy

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/

Theyre in 47 states so im assuming ur not in the states? Amazon works wonders too bruh

You need some recipes i got you
    rs_640x360-160619194524-game_of_thrones-battle_of_the_bastards-6_55_33_pm_-_6_55_37_pm-2016-06-19.gif
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »

Pre-Workout can dissolve rubber, if youre doing your health thing then its natural ways u can get that same energy

Theyre in 47 states so im assuming ur not in the states? Amazon works wonders too bruh

All the pre workout i take is on that site. What do you do for pre workout? I tried just coffee in the mornings and just using pre workout for my afternoon session, but i started taking pre workout in the morning and its really helped wake me up and pushing through.

All the pre workout i take is on that site. What do you do for pre workout? I tried just coffee in the mornings and just using pre workout for my afternoon session, but i started taking pre workout in the morning and its really helped wake me up and pushing through.

B12, B6, pine pollen, zinc, raw cacao, spirulina, green tea extract, iron...powders and liquids only

If u read whats in most of those supplement containers u can just narrow it down to the essentials
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEYLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY SHAPE YOUR REALITY INSIDE WHICH YOU THRIVE Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So afteemr three years of kettlebell training i have came to that conclusion.

Once you want to wield 50% of your bodyweight you need get really stronger in the shoulders, lats, abs and arms. That means that i will have to go back to the gym in order to target the shoulders and back region.

apocalyse-xmen-2016.jpg

Once you want to wield 50% of your bodyweight you need get really stronger in the shoulders, lats, abs and arms. That means that i will have to go back to the gym in order to target the shoulders and back region.

What u swinging now...all homo
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEYLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY SHAPE YOUR REALITY INSIDE WHICH YOU THRIVE Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

What u swinging now...all homo

Still on that 88 lbs kettlebell. Its more than half my weight. In order to snatch, clean and TGU it i must be able to do a clean one arm pushup and shoulder press 90 lbs and deadlift 180 lbs minumum.

I have to go back to the gym.
    apocalyse-xmen-2016.jpg
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,407 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me personally I don't give a shit, I'm old school, Protein is Protein
    Your best rapper saying 'YES, MASSA', when they beat 'em - HELL RAZAH

tumblr_molvoods6A1qeow5po1_500.jpg
    Lurkristocrat
  • BIGG WILLBIGG WILL Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of yall mess with complexes for your workout?
    acv3md.jpg

2gse8vd.jpg