What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

IC Stop Making Excuses and Let's Get Healthy Thread

Replies

• R0mpR0mp Keep Moving. Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishi wrote: »
    How about weight gain? Tryna put on 6-8 pounds in 6+ months

Set your daily caloric intake to 500 calories over maintenance for a caloric surplus. A rough estimate for your maintenance # is your body weight times ~14. Remember to get at least 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight when you're hitting that surplus each day. Get some weight training in too if you care about aesthetics.

• ParallelParallel not herePosts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Can I change this thread title to "I'm still lowkey struggling for workout tips?"

Damn that's ether.
  • King_MOEbraKing_MOEbra Posts: 8,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I was wondering what happened to the last thread. smh lol

Yesterday, I had an epic leg workout: squatted 455lbs. for 2 reps(first time in over a year squatting more than 425lbs.)-goal for 2015 is 500lb. squats. And, tied my p.r. with 505lb. deadlifts. Today is back & arms day!
    13434780_1743884425901195_1057805004825867569_n_zpscgc4wve5.jpg

FB_IMG_1477512302926_zpsafv7xnjd.jpg
    Max.Black_Samson
  • Knock_TwiceKnock_Twice Getting it out the mud Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got on that CLA and back on that Ripped AMP..I aint playing...I wont nothing but str8 muscles and definition/tone come Feb...hitting the gym 4-5 times a week and doing my cardio doing my basketball games...eating nothing but chicken and fish and fresh fruit...I'm pushing myself this time...
  • dwade206dwade206 Posts: 11,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I change this thread title to "I'm still lowkey struggling for workout tips?"

Nah we're good. Shouldn't your faggot ass be catching feelings and banning people while passionately defending Nicki Minaj in every Reason thread, right about now.
    Bustin a new nut on @R.D's moms collarbone everyday.
    Bcotton5Parallelsoul rattler
  • Billy_PonchoBilly_Poncho Vox Populi Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna go hoop today while I still have some mobility, I ain't gonna be shit for a couple weeks after Christmas and NYE
    Mastery
  • BeleeDatPleighboyBeleeDatPleighboy Knockin em off they feet like a southerner supposed to do Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gyms about to be packed for the next 6 weeks lol #newyearnewme

I hate that time of year....gym look like a club....and most folks be in there playing around with the weight....hogging the bench a squat rack but aint lifting a gawd damn thing
    808HiLife808LateToDaPartyKid Dynasty
  • BeleeDatPleighboyBeleeDatPleighboy Knockin em off they feet like a southerner supposed to do Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    Mannnn im 220lbs right now

In the military I was 150. What do I eat to get back? Any advice is appreciated

Cardio

Control your caloric intake...

Eat more lean meats (chicken and turkey preferably)

Get your fruit and veggie servings

And DRINK WATER plenty of water fam.

Do your googles and try to find a meal plan to facilitate the results u desire.

PapaDoc223texas409
  • KillaChamKillaCham M0D SQUAD™ Posts: 11,380 Regulator
    edited December 2014
    dwade206 wrote: »

Nah we're good. Shouldn't your faggot ass be catching feelings and banning people while passionately defending Nicki Minaj in every Reason thread, right about now.
    God you're fucking annoying. Enjoy your holiday vacation.

So, deadlifting.. overrated or nah?
    zvvgw2.jpgzvvgw2.jpgzvvgw2.jpg
    Bcotton5Max.Bussy_Getta Black_Samson
  • Max.Max. Posts: 32,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just lifted 700 pounds with 1 hand
    ShottaDaBeastBeezusKid DynastyValentinez A. Kaiser
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    Mannnn im 220lbs right now

In the military I was 150. What do I eat to get back? Any advice is appreciated

Cardio

Control your caloric intake...

Eat more lean meats (chicken and turkey preferably)

Get your fruit and veggie servings

And DRINK WATER plenty of water fam.

Do your googles and try to find a meal plan to facilitate the results u desire.

The water thing is critical

If you're dehydrated your body has a much harder time using fat stores for energy
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
    ShottaDaBeast
  • MasteryMastery Posts: 14,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, deadlifting.. overrated or nah?[/b]
    Best single lift you could ever do, B. All of your other lifts will go up as a result of deadlifting.
    nlelbo.jpg
    King_MOEbraBeleeDatPleighboyBlack_Samson
    If deadlifting is overrated, food is overrated!

• LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer Squats but deads do hit the back better
  • PSN-CanibussPSN-Canibuss Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over head presses will help your bench
    ShottaDaBeastLUClEN
  • Will MunnyWill Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Posts: 30,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started jiu-jitsu back up again. I need that shit.
    Times are tough, but they ain't got nothin' on me.
    LUClEN
    wmj710 wrote: »
    It was amazing what loosing a little weight and getting the right running shoes did for my knees, havent felt this good in a few years.

What kind of shoes did you get?
  • wmj710wmj710 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashboat wrote: »
    wmj710 wrote: »
    It was amazing what loosing a little weight and getting the right running shoes did for my knees, havent felt this good in a few years.

What kind of shoes did you get?

Some Brooks transcends
    Max.
  • PSN-CanibussPSN-Canibuss Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easiest way to gain weight is basically to eat more carbs. I went from a skinny 123lbs to 168lbs in almost 2 years.

Make these pancakes and eat them every morning, along with this milkshake. Then eat your proteins (fish, chicken, beef) with white rice multiple times in the day.

1 cup of pancake batter
    Half a cup of oatmeal
    1 egg
    Handful of almonds
    Handful of walnuts
    Quarter cup of milk
    Tablespoon of honey

blend all of that together. Turn on your stove top, heat your griddle, put the pancake on, add chocolate chips. Make as many as you want, then spread peanut butter on top of your pancake and sliced bananas. Then add more honey.

Stomp Johnson
    Just finished my leg workout!

Bussy_Getta
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 20,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I been riding my bike to the gym on Saturday's instead of driving to burn more calories. 3 and a half miles each way

you should run
    Just finished my leg workout!

finna go do mine after this next cup of coffee
    King_MOEbraBussy_Getta