What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Iggy/Azealia/TI/Eminem/QTip/Lupe/Migos/Ross/Gucci/Coontastic Mega Thread

MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect BalancePosts: 22,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in The Reason
Iggy-Azalea-and-TI.jpg

T.I. Addresses Q-Tip & Iggy Azalea, Azealia Banks Says He's "Indoctrinated

"Not all white people out to steal [black] culture," said T.I.

T.I. once again came to Iggy Azalea's aid today on Twitter. Responding to Q-Tip, who sent Azalea a long-winded history lesson on social media earlier this week, Tip decided to share his feelings on white people in the hip-hop industry, claiming "not all white people out to steal our culture." He then addressed Iggy herself, telling his protege not to let the negativity get her down--that it's "a part of the territory."

Read the King's argument below.

Following Tip's tweets, Azealia Banks sent out a few of her own in response.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/ti-addresses-q-tip-and-iggy-azalea-azealia-banks-says-he-s-indoctrinated-news.13336.html

420337_10151312942875197_1250633177_n.jpg

2012 Reason Thread Creator of The Year (Tied)
2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year (Tied)
2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
-Albert Einstein
LustchyldThe_Manrip.dilla

Replies

• dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 9,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprise: Azealia Banks' Long Delayed Broke With Expensive Taste Is Out Now
    Featuring "212", "Heavy Metal and Reflective", and more

4892d8be.jpg

Azealia Banks' debut album, Broke With Expensive Taste, was originally supposed to drop in the fall of 2012. That date has long passed, as have several others. Earlier this year, Banks left her label, Universal, with the album's release up in the air. But today, Banks made the surprise announcement that Broke is coming out tomorrow. Here it is on iTunes, and here it is on Spotify. Update: It's out now on iTunes. It also turns out Banks' "Nude Beach A-Go-Go" is an alternate take on a song by the same title that appears on Ariel Pink's pom pom. Said Pink on Twitter:

Broke With Expensive Taste:

01 Idle Delilah
    02 Gimme a Chance
    03 Desperado
    04 JFK [ft. Theophilus London]
    05 212 [ft. Lazy Jay]
    06 Wallace
    07 Heavy Metal and Reflective
    08 BBD
    09 Ice Princess
    10 Yung Rapunxel
    11 Soda
    12 Chasing Time
    13 Luxury
    14 Nude Beach A-Go-Go
    15 Miss Amor
    16 Miss Camaraderie

http://pitchfork.com/news/57348-surprise-azealia-banks-long-delayed-broke-with-expensive-taste-is-coming-out-tomorrow/
  • Jabu_RuleJabu_Rule Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    I was going to make this thread, but i don't think people in this part of the forum are interested in the kind of music she makes. You would be better off posting this in R&B and Alternatives. Very good album btw.
    beyonce-jay-z-blue-ivy-bikes-7e423fe2-53e3-4784-9386-73b60ac360f5.jpg
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 9,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    I was going to make this thread, but i don't think people in this part of the forum are interested in the kind of music she makes. You would be better off posting this in R&B and Alternatives. Very good album btw.

They're not, but she raps and has been mentioned in The Reason before so thought I'd post it anyway. I won't be surprised if this gets moved to R&B & Alternatives, and I agree, very good album by her. Record label fucked up letting her go before releasing it.
    Jabu_Rule
  • smp4lifesmp4life Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is gonna flop but expect her to spazz-out on twitter with insults for izzy, ti, and any other female mc getting shine.
  • TrillaaaaaaTrillaaaaaa Robbed a thick bitch for 30 bands, now she back strippin/ Threw 5 back at her just for not snitchin Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She bodied Jim Jones too in her diss

Jabu_Rulenex gin
  • smp4lifesmp4life Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I called it. she's going at Eminem regarding the Ray Rice line in the new Shady Cypher.
  • SheerExcellenceSheerExcellence I'm Faceless Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is a dope album, yall sleeping
    Sorry Sierra Leone, one day we'll right the wrongs.
    cannonspike1994power_wisdom
  • cannonspike1994cannonspike1994 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SheerExcellenceSheerExcellence I'm Faceless Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People listened to this?

hell yeah, she got skills
    i dont follow all her twitter and rants and shit, i just listen to the music
    and this some dope shit, in my opinion
    Sorry Sierra Leone, one day we'll right the wrongs.
    rip.dillanujerz84
  • BEAMBEAM Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggas will sleep.
    Still a solid project tho, imo.
    SheerExcellence
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good album btw.

You peaked my interest

What's her best song? I'm gonna give her a shot
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 63,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Very good album btw.

You peaked my interest

What's her best song? I'm gonna give her a shot

BBD, Desperado, Ice Princess.. Too many to count. She mixing a lot of sounds. She spitting and singing. She's a better rapper then many dudes and her voice is really good. Too bad this social media be blinding people from just fucking with the music.
    SheerExcellencedontdiedontkillanyonJonnyRoccIT
  • Big JamesBig James Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭
    Someone post gif of her getting hit with a bottle. Quick.
    Big James wrote: »
    Someone post gif of her getting hit with a bottle. Quick.

Never heard about it, but i looked at the video and it looks like she caught it.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEYLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY SHAPE YOUR REALITY INSIDE WHICH YOU THRIVE Posts: 17,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this chick should be a star but i dont know where she went wrong

In some ways I think that she has been blocked by the industry in favorite iggy.

That being said I'll give it a listen.
    apocalyse-xmen-2016.jpg
  • eternal soldiereternal soldier Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

She went wrong by taking that 50 Cent route and going against her label. I'm not saying bow down if you felt like you've been done dirty, but pick your battles. Jealousy only gets you so far in Hip-Hop
  • Big JamesBig James Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭
    She was popping shit without paying the dues to warrant it. If you notice when Nikki was coming up she played her position until she started moving units. Nikki was getting barked by KaySlay early on she kept real quiet, I doubt that would happen today. You have to stay humble so the establishment will give you chance.
    eternal soldierR.D.numbaz...80's baby

Bad attitude, bipolar temperament, picking the wrong battles, pissing off the wrong people, way too much freedom on Twitter, going to war with her own label, etc.

With that said she can spit better than most out there and the fact the likes of Iggy is gaining far more success with far less talent just shows how fucked the industry and the public's taste in music really is. Put her temperament and shitty attitude aside she still has talent. Broke With Expensive Taste is a far better album than it has any right to be.
    sr_the_freshmanSneakDZA