What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Silverfoxx- NappySoul/RoyalWatermelons

silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in The Reason
Made this last year around December, but I thought now would be a perfect timing to drop it. Disregard my terrible artwork, kinda rusty lol, but i really would like to make a visual for it soon. Im not really promoting music hard yet because i think its ALOT of things i can work on, so as usual im always open to any criticism. The song by the way is a two part concept so when it switches up its the Royal Watermelons section. The whole song is apart of a project i made, and i will be having a whole bunch of music out soon with my partner Kaavi.

Please drop a comment IC, much respect. Also please help me tag this song! Let me know what artists you can see on it and whats the feel.

LincolnWiseGuyySionBoogaSugaatribecalledgabiMrCrookedLetterjee504sapp08_2001

Replies

• LincolnLincoln Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The album art is dope. I dig it.
    Also, I can picture Lupe on this, maybe Jay E., it reminds me of something Crooked Lettaz would use if they returned
    I can picture Krit on it too
    Id say more but I got some salmon defrosting, peace

silverfoxxSion
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lincoln wrote: »
    The album art is dope. I dig it.
    Also, I can picture Lupe on this, maybe Jay E., it reminds me of something Crooked Lettaz would use if they returned
    I can picture Krit on it too
    Id say more but I got some salmon defrosting, peace

Appreciate it bro.
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely hear Jay E on this. Mos Def would sound good on something like this too imo.

I like it. Could be a powerful track with the right person behind it given the name and the artwork.

Care to explain where you came up with the title?
    12715221_1544933472501286_6918897634016329581_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=9fa1452681ccbeedd4b6da85510815bf&oe=576D10DE
    Lincoln
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,055 Regulator
    @silverfoxx da GOAT
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    silverfoxx
  • BoogaSugaBoogaSuga Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [0:00 to 5:35]

Was dope as hell

I love the darkness of the track mixed with the piano to even it out

reminded me of Saturdays=Celebraton for some reason

Dope track
    silverfoxx
    Definitely hear Jay E on this. Mos Def would sound good on something like this too imo.

I like it. Could be a powerful track with the right person behind it given the name and the artwork.

Care to explain where you came up with the title?

Man thats what im trying to tell my people, but some dont see the vision with my music lol. But patience is the key, i would die a happy man if Jay Elect, K. Dot, Cole, Ab SOUL, KRIT, etc would get on but this wishful thinking and i understand establishing myself to hopefully get a look. About to cop a Maschine MK 2 and working on tons of dope concepts for this year. Told myself i have to get in some way in 2015.

The title stems from black pride,dont wanna explain to much, want it to be art lol, but basically taking shit and turning it to gold. Pride in every kinky curl, nappy hair strain, etc. no subjecting to who we are. The Royal Watermelons part was me paying homeage as close as i can lol to the BeeBoop Jazz era, with improv and a "chant" like feeling in expression, freedom, and pride. Which goes back to the whole turning shit into gold, making the oppressors powerless, finding pride in dire times and situations.
    jee504Lincoln
  • jee504jee504 Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna give this a listen when I get home
  • nex ginnex gin Keep It Simple Stupid Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fuck w/ this. Dope concept track.
    The person who controls your anger controls you.

The conventional mind is passive. It consumes information and
    regurgitates it in familiar forms. The dimensional mind is active
    transforming everything it digests into something new & original,
    creating instead of consuming.

Excuses don't solve problems.

Life is a series of serious choices
    Theories are formed from experience, never mysterious forces
    silverfoxx

i think the kicks on the first part of the beat are a lil dull....like they could knock harder.

i like the flip towards the end. it sounded pretty dark.

Man the first version i had the kicks were TOOOO hard lol so i tried to mix them out last night. The stomp/heavy sub is hard af to mx out when heavy hard kicks follow through. I may try to mix it again, or if i push it forreal have someone professionally mix it.

And i was in real real real dark place when i made this. Watching documenatries, pics of hangings, Tales From the Hood, to Halie Salalisse, etc. all kinds of things.
    TheEyeronic1
    nex gin wrote: »
    I fuck w/ this. Dope concept track.

Thanks man
    silverfoxx wrote: »

i think the kicks on the first part of the beat are a lil dull....like they could knock harder.

i like the flip towards the end. it sounded pretty dark.

Man the first version i had the kicks were TOOOO hard lol so i tried to mix them out last night. The stomp/heavy sub is hard af to mx out when heavy hard kicks follow through. I may try to mix it again, or if i push it forreal have someone professionally mix it.

And i was in real real real dark place when i made this. Watching documenatries, pics of hangings, Tales From the Hood, to Halie Salalisse, etc. all kinds of things.

mix it again, my nig.

I Use FL studio, what programs you use to mix with in FL studio? Im assuming thats what you use.
  • BDBIIDBDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. Tri-State Posts: 18,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good shit @silverfoxx
    you have other stuff out?

The Squadz.
    gjuke.0.gif
    tumblr_omf3lbg6TS1s3gys4o1_400.gif
    tumblr_oobas3UvQw1s3gys4o1_400.gif
    1*ului1JHmdGTNQIQDxqLWNA.gif
  • MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect Balance Posts: 22,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is dope asf
    420337_10151312942875197_1250633177_n.jpg

2012 Reason Thread Creator of The Year (Tied)
    2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year (Tied)
    2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -Albert Einstein
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Good shit @silverfoxx
    you have other stuff out?

Appreciate it man, and yes i have a few more under my Youtube SilverfoxxETO channel . Im super hesitant to release my music, but I have a BUNCH of music, projects, concepts, etc. Each project i do is a concept, im just artsy nigga i guess lol.

BTW all of my music doesnt sound like this, im fairly new, so im still finding my lane. I make all types of music. ill post another song here..... check out the whole thing. I have alot of things normally going on in my music, try to convey messages and experiences for the listener. Its more then a "beat" to me. Its a musical journey.

• jee504jee504 Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is good right here homie.
    I felt two different vibes from each song.
    Nappy Soul had that vibe of educating yourself, being a leader, a wake up type song.
    Royal Watermelons made me think of someone telling a story who was schizophrenic or some grimey type horror core rap like Brotha Lynch Hung.
    I'll check out and subscribe to your YouTube page.
    silverfoxx
    jee504 wrote: »
    This is good right here homie.
    I felt two different vibes from each song.
    Nappy Soul had that vibe of educating yourself, being a leader, a wake up type song.
    Royal Watermelons made me think of someone telling a story who was schizophrenic or some grimey type horror core rap like Brotha Lynch Hung.
    I'll check out and subscribe to your YouTube page.

Much respect my new Orleans brother!
    jee504