The Get Down (Netflix Original) - 2016 (Season 2 2017 has begun)

Replies

• atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi Posts: 11,330 Regulator
    This can end here. Was a dope series.
    numbaz...80's babyHuey_Crip.dillaL3NU
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 48,314 Regulator
    Anybody found a good link with Kodi? Season 2 ain't even on Exodus yet.
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 48,314 Regulator
    Stew wrote: »
    Anybody found a good link with Kodi? Season 2 ain't even on Exodus yet.

Nvm found one
  • King of GAKing of GA Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeke tripping...I'd be done knocked Mylene up 4-5 times by now...she on the verge off overtaking Iris in my heart...

But I ain't gone act line the soul madonnas aren't fly too...I'd happily get at any of them...

I definitely need this show to continue for several seasons...I feel like I need to see how Zeke got from where he at in the show now to the dude on stage narrating with the NaS voice...

Hulk803MorganFreemanKingblackrainMD_PROPER
    Ay...Boy George got his start at Rubicon?
    Just finished...I guess some of y'all right that it is a good ending...but I still want more...where they at now? How they get there?
    Lou_Cypher
  • BDBIIDBDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. Tri-State Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.G. wrote: »
    That song Mylene sung at that club don't sound like anything from that era. That shit sound like something from 2012.

Def was some knockoff Rihanna song
    This can end here. Was a dope series.

Yea pretty sure the original idea for the series was to stop at that point. Let it be. Fuck that overdoes of animation tho, thats why people thought it was weird at first.
    Ajackson17
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 19,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MorganFreemanKingMorganFreemanKing Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels more like a conclusion of the first season rather than a season in and of itself.

And while it feels like this was all they ever intended to show, i would like the story to continue as well. I said this before but the 1997 setting seems like a reunion concert. The last episode kinda seems like a way to spit everybody up but it doesn't seem final enough.

Plus seeing how that concert came to be would be epic as well.

The ending was funny as hell after everything that happened.
    King of GALou_CypherMD_PROPER
  • Lurkristocrat Lurkristocrat Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18
    I thought the season was dope but it was more on the bullshit side and i blame that on the producers who prolly werent anticipating a 2nd season.
    The blunders that stood out to me were:

Zeke having the alcohol tolerance of andre the giant smh.

Them wack ass cartoons

Gay Ass jaden angle

Niggas somehow NEVER practicing but having the crazy choreographed sets and rhymes.

Ive been sayin since season 1 That preacher wasnt marlens pops and it was the brothers. He was too invested in her success. So no surprise there.
  • numbaz...80's babynumbaz...80's baby Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels more like a conclusion of the first season rather than a season in and of itself.

And while it feels like this was all they ever intended to show, i would like the story to continue as well. I said this before but the 1997 setting seems like a reunion concert. The last episode kinda seems like a way to spit everybody up but it doesn't seem final enough.

Plus seeing how that concert came to be would be epic as well.

The ending was funny as hell after everything that happened.

Well it's not called "season 1 & season 2". It's labeled "Part 1 & Part 2".

A lot of shows do this now. "The midseason finale"