What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Daily Quotes/Wisdom/Inspirational/Motivation Thread

24

Replies

  • Negro_CaesarNegro_Caesar Fuck Bitches Get Money Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im pissed off for sucess - ray lewis


    That shit was so trill when he said it
  • freshb651freshb651 Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I keeps one in the chamber in case you pondering"-Omar

    "Pawns man,in the game,they get capped quick.They be out the game early"-D'angelo

    "unless they some smart ass pawns"-Bodie

    "No one wins,one side just losses more slowly"-Prezbo

    "you better go on before i lose my composure out this bitch"-Bodie
    2stepz_ahead
  •   Colin$mackabi$h Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Women and children can afford to be careless, but not men.
    Powered by 9(0)'s sun.
    SixSickSins
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,519 Regulator
    edited February 2015
    They say patience is a virtue, check this out yall, definitely something to brighten your day. We've all been here before.

    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

    ^^^ If you need anything go here

    jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    MrMinimalist
  •   Colin$mackabi$h Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life is like a salad, your good times are sweet like fruit and your bad times are bitter as vegetables but its all good for u at the end.
    Powered by 9(0)'s sun.
    MrMinimalistSion
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 32,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RisingDown wrote: »
    The learned man aims for more. But the wise man decreases. And then decreases again.----James Altucher



    Manifest plainness, embrace simplicity, reduce selfishness,have few desires.----Lao Tzu

    im still trying to process these two
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


    Sion
  •   Colin$mackabi$h Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you fall on your ass its your ass' s fault - kanye west I think...
    Powered by 9(0)'s sun.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the last copy of the tao of pooh, didnt know many people knew about it.
    Powered by 9(0)'s sun.
  • BigBallsNoWorriesBigBallsNoWorries Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Being Dead Broke Is The Root of All Evil"
    You Down to Travel?

    I've been International since I was 16

    Listen to my thoughts on traveling while black throughout europe, my thoughts on traveling in general and my experiences crazy/interesting stories

    at my Travel Blog right here

    htttp://www.travelis4life.wordpress.com
    Sion
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 32,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SlimRemy wrote: »
    Manifest plainness, embrace simplicity, reduce selfishness,have few desires.----Lao Tzu

    tao te ching. someone wrote a book that kind of uses the analogy of winnie the pooh to explain the whole philosophy through the different characters. it's like a good intro to philosophy or something like that because it helps show how it applies to real life. "the tao of pooh."

    "for some people its not enough unless they have everything, others realize they don't need everything as long as they have enough."

    but what defines everything and enough
    so some it may appear that a person has everything, when they themselves think it is enough.
    then you have people that think the person who would say they have enough, has everything.

    then its people that think everything is not enough.

    wouldnt it all be relative depending on your position on the mental, emotional and financial ladder?
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 32,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the art of flirting is not to convince a woman give you her body once , but to control her mind so she freely offers her body forever.- Pralims
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


    Siondnyce215
  • SlimRemySlimRemy Posts: 149 ✭✭
    (this is long)

    why does the mental, emotional and financial ladder exist?
    that's more along the lines of the maslow's hierarchy of needs. all of those things affect each other, but the financial aspect probably has the most direct effect on the other realms.

    think about how many crimes are committed out of passion because those that would be on the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder, or on the lower portion of the pyramid are having financial problems. the projects, ghettos, hoods, barrios and wherever else poverty exists breeds problems.

    if all you had to do was give a couple bucks out of your pocket every now and then, to make sure that there weren't any major problems, and you could improve literally everything, why wouldn't you do it?

    we have oil tycoons, and families in the middle east, and from all over the world that control oil. they are rich, and literally have everything. they could easily take all their oil money, and instead of being 76 its Sunix, instead of arco its SunCo, instead of Shell, Sunwell. Making everything solar powered. They could have gas and oil as like literally play money. But solar and oil would be like the difference between making beats on your computer
    and making beats using old school equipment or instruments.

    Everybody got a computer, that means that everyone can make beats, or have the opportunity to make beats. The jobs that would be created from the conversion from gas to solar would be literally an industrial revolution. Solar panels on everything, roofing, solar powered cars, solar power station, solar plants, solar powered homes solar, everything, would make so many new jobs. That means everybody would have a chance to make money or at least improve themselves financially.

    That improves everyone. Because your confidence goes up, you feel better. You're not worried about the next person because you have enough. So when you see or hear about people having literally everything, (we've all seen the gif with the Saudi princes making it rain money on beautiful women) it doesn't really matter because you have enough. Whereas if you don't have much, you're struggling to get the little you have, and you hear about what other people have, or see something like that gif, it will create more negativity. Bills are piled up, I've got a family to feed. I'm in government housing because I don't make enough to qualify for anything else, waiting for food stamps, lights might not be on, no heat, no water because bills didn't get paid. If you hear about or seeing someone making it rain, that's going to make you want to off them.

    Billionaires have superpowers. They can literally change the whole planet if they so chose to. And one can say a billionaire has everything, or they at least have the ability or access to create or make anything. But why would a multi-billionaire continue to amass such a fortune?

    Mansions are awesome, you can only live in one room or be in one room at a time. You can collect cars, but again, you can only drive one at a time. Yachts? Owning islands? Why not rent it?

    You should be able to earn and get whatever you want, but if you can spend ten million on a house, you should be able to give a half a mill back or something like that. hell one percent is still a hundred thousand dollars.

    When is having everything enough?
    2stepz_ahead
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 32,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SlimRemy wrote: »
    (this is long)

    why does the mental, emotional and financial ladder exist?
    that's more along the lines of the maslow's hierarchy of needs. all of those things affect each other, but the financial aspect probably has the most direct effect on the other realms.

    think about how many crimes are committed out of passion because those that would be on the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder, or on the lower portion of the pyramid are having financial problems. the projects, ghettos, hoods, barrios and wherever else poverty exists breeds problems.

    if all you had to do was give a couple bucks out of your pocket every now and then, to make sure that there weren't any major problems, and you could improve literally everything, why wouldn't you do it?

    we have oil tycoons, and families in the middle east, and from all over the world that control oil. they are rich, and literally have everything. they could easily take all their oil money, and instead of being 76 its Sunix, instead of arco its SunCo, instead of Shell, Sunwell. Making everything solar powered. They could have gas and oil as like literally play money. But solar and oil would be like the difference between making beats on your computer
    and making beats using old school equipment or instruments.

    Everybody got a computer, that means that everyone can make beats, or have the opportunity to make beats. The jobs that would be created from the conversion from gas to solar would be literally an industrial revolution. Solar panels on everything, roofing, solar powered cars, solar power station, solar plants, solar powered homes solar, everything, would make so many new jobs. That means everybody would have a chance to make money or at least improve themselves financially.

    That improves everyone. Because your confidence goes up, you feel better. You're not worried about the next person because you have enough. So when you see or hear about people having literally everything, (we've all seen the gif with the Saudi princes making it rain money on beautiful women) it doesn't really matter because you have enough. Whereas if you don't have much, you're struggling to get the little you have, and you hear about what other people have, or see something like that gif, it will create more negativity. Bills are piled up, I've got a family to feed. I'm in government housing because I don't make enough to qualify for anything else, waiting for food stamps, lights might not be on, no heat, no water because bills didn't get paid. If you hear about or seeing someone making it rain, that's going to make you want to off them.

    Billionaires have superpowers. They can literally change the whole planet if they so chose to. And one can say a billionaire has everything, or they at least have the ability or access to create or make anything. But why would a multi-billionaire continue to amass such a fortune?

    Mansions are awesome, you can only live in one room or be in one room at a time. You can collect cars, but again, you can only drive one at a time. Yachts? Owning islands? Why not rent it?

    You should be able to earn and get whatever you want, but if you can spend ten million on a house, you should be able to give a half a mill back or something like that. hell one percent is still a hundred thousand dollars.

    When is having everything enough?

    finally a challenge...

    you know imma come after everything you just stated.i just hope you ready to defend you point. i like mental challenges.

    @sion is is ok to do this in this thread...i dont want to detour what your trying to do here. but inspiration can come from understanding both sides of a debate. but i understand its a time and place for everything.
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


    Sion
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,519 Regulator
    edited February 2015
    SlimRemy wrote: »
    (this is long)

    why does the mental, emotional and financial ladder exist?
    that's more along the lines of the maslow's hierarchy of needs. all of those things affect each other, but the financial aspect probably has the most direct effect on the other realms.

    think about how many crimes are committed out of passion because those that would be on the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder, or on the lower portion of the pyramid are having financial problems. the projects, ghettos, hoods, barrios and wherever else poverty exists breeds problems.

    if all you had to do was give a couple bucks out of your pocket every now and then, to make sure that there weren't any major problems, and you could improve literally everything, why wouldn't you do it?

    we have oil tycoons, and families in the middle east, and from all over the world that control oil. they are rich, and literally have everything. they could easily take all their oil money, and instead of being 76 its Sunix, instead of arco its SunCo, instead of Shell, Sunwell. Making everything solar powered. They could have gas and oil as like literally play money. But solar and oil would be like the difference between making beats on your computer
    and making beats using old school equipment or instruments.

    Everybody got a computer, that means that everyone can make beats, or have the opportunity to make beats. The jobs that would be created from the conversion from gas to solar would be literally an industrial revolution. Solar panels on everything, roofing, solar powered cars, solar power station, solar plants, solar powered homes solar, everything, would make so many new jobs. That means everybody would have a chance to make money or at least improve themselves financially.

    That improves everyone. Because your confidence goes up, you feel better. You're not worried about the next person because you have enough. So when you see or hear about people having literally everything, (we've all seen the gif with the Saudi princes making it rain money on beautiful women) it doesn't really matter because you have enough. Whereas if you don't have much, you're struggling to get the little you have, and you hear about what other people have, or see something like that gif, it will create more negativity. Bills are piled up, I've got a family to feed. I'm in government housing because I don't make enough to qualify for anything else, waiting for food stamps, lights might not be on, no heat, no water because bills didn't get paid. If you hear about or seeing someone making it rain, that's going to make you want to off them.

    Billionaires have superpowers. They can literally change the whole planet if they so chose to. And one can say a billionaire has everything, or they at least have the ability or access to create or make anything. But why would a multi-billionaire continue to amass such a fortune?

    Mansions are awesome, you can only live in one room or be in one room at a time. You can collect cars, but again, you can only drive one at a time. Yachts? Owning islands? Why not rent it?

    You should be able to earn and get whatever you want, but if you can spend ten million on a house, you should be able to give a half a mill back or something like that. hell one percent is still a hundred thousand dollars.

    When is having everything enough?

    finally a challenge...

    you know imma come after everything you just stated.i just hope you ready to defend you point. i like mental challenges.

    @sion is is ok to do this in this thread...i dont want to detour what your trying to do here. but inspiration can come from understanding both sides of a debate. but i understand its a time and place for everything.

    I encourage it, I strongly encourage it. If you feel strongly about something that you feel you can shed light on to bring another level and quality of understanding by all means. I want anybody and everybody who views this thread to be able to get something out of this thread. Whether they're having a bad day and need something to pick them up, whether they're striving for knowledge, striving for something, need that motivation, anything is plenty LOLOL. So by all means if you want to debate go ahead !
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

    ^^^ If you need anything go here

    jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
      Colin$mackabi$h2stepz_ahead
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Posts: 35,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    SlimRemy wrote: »
    (this is long)

    why does the mental, emotional and financial ladder exist?
    that's more along the lines of the maslow's hierarchy of needs. all of those things affect each other, but the financial aspect probably has the most direct effect on the other realms.

    think about how many crimes are committed out of passion because those that would be on the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder, or on the lower portion of the pyramid are having financial problems. the projects, ghettos, hoods, barrios and wherever else poverty exists breeds problems.

    if all you had to do was give a couple bucks out of your pocket every now and then, to make sure that there weren't any major problems, and you could improve literally everything, why wouldn't you do it?

    we have oil tycoons, and families in the middle east, and from all over the world that control oil. they are rich, and literally have everything. they could easily take all their oil money, and instead of being 76 its Sunix, instead of arco its SunCo, instead of Shell, Sunwell. Making everything solar powered. They could have gas and oil as like literally play money. But solar and oil would be like the difference between making beats on your computer
    and making beats using old school equipment or instruments.

    Everybody got a computer, that means that everyone can make beats, or have the opportunity to make beats. The jobs that would be created from the conversion from gas to solar would be literally an industrial revolution. Solar panels on everything, roofing, solar powered cars, solar power station, solar plants, solar powered homes solar, everything, would make so many new jobs. That means everybody would have a chance to make money or at least improve themselves financially.

    That improves everyone. Because your confidence goes up, you feel better. You're not worried about the next person because you have enough. So when you see or hear about people having literally everything, (we've all seen the gif with the Saudi princes making it rain money on beautiful women) it doesn't really matter because you have enough. Whereas if you don't have much, you're struggling to get the little you have, and you hear about what other people have, or see something like that gif, it will create more negativity. Bills are piled up, I've got a family to feed. I'm in government housing because I don't make enough to qualify for anything else, waiting for food stamps, lights might not be on, no heat, no water because bills didn't get paid. If you hear about or seeing someone making it rain, that's going to make you want to off them.

    Billionaires have superpowers. They can literally change the whole planet if they so chose to. And one can say a billionaire has everything, or they at least have the ability or access to create or make anything. But why would a multi-billionaire continue to amass such a fortune?

    Mansions are awesome, you can only live in one room or be in one room at a time. You can collect cars, but again, you can only drive one at a time. Yachts? Owning islands? Why not rent it?

    You should be able to earn and get whatever you want, but if you can spend ten million on a house, you should be able to give a half a mill back or something like that. hell one percent is still a hundred thousand dollars.

    When is having everything enough?

    finally a challenge...

    you know imma come after everything you just stated.i just hope you ready to defend you point. i like mental challenges.

    @sion is is ok to do this in this thread...i dont want to detour what your trying to do here. but inspiration can come from understanding both sides of a debate. but i understand its a time and place for everything.

    I encourage it, I strongly encourage it. If you feel strongly about something that you feel you can shed light on to bring another level and quality of understanding by all means. I want anybody and everybody who views this thread to be able to get something out of this thread. Whether they're having a bad day and need something to pick them up, whether they're striving for knowledge, striving for something, need that motivation, anything is plenty LOLOL. So by all means if you want to debate go ahead !

    I don't think you stated a Challenge.

    Just some words of wisdom to listen to and interpret any way you feel.

    Everything is not a Challenge sometimes you have to just sit down listen.
    (Really though?)
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 32,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    SlimRemy wrote: »
    (this is long)

    why does the mental, emotional and financial ladder exist?
    that's more along the lines of the maslow's hierarchy of needs. all of those things affect each other, but the financial aspect probably has the most direct effect on the other realms.

    think about how many crimes are committed out of passion because those that would be on the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder, or on the lower portion of the pyramid are having financial problems. the projects, ghettos, hoods, barrios and wherever else poverty exists breeds problems.

    if all you had to do was give a couple bucks out of your pocket every now and then, to make sure that there weren't any major problems, and you could improve literally everything, why wouldn't you do it?

    we have oil tycoons, and families in the middle east, and from all over the world that control oil. they are rich, and literally have everything. they could easily take all their oil money, and instead of being 76 its Sunix, instead of arco its SunCo, instead of Shell, Sunwell. Making everything solar powered. They could have gas and oil as like literally play money. But solar and oil would be like the difference between making beats on your computer
    and making beats using old school equipment or instruments.

    Everybody got a computer, that means that everyone can make beats, or have the opportunity to make beats. The jobs that would be created from the conversion from gas to solar would be literally an industrial revolution. Solar panels on everything, roofing, solar powered cars, solar power station, solar plants, solar powered homes solar, everything, would make so many new jobs. That means everybody would have a chance to make money or at least improve themselves financially.

    That improves everyone. Because your confidence goes up, you feel better. You're not worried about the next person because you have enough. So when you see or hear about people having literally everything, (we've all seen the gif with the Saudi princes making it rain money on beautiful women) it doesn't really matter because you have enough. Whereas if you don't have much, you're struggling to get the little you have, and you hear about what other people have, or see something like that gif, it will create more negativity. Bills are piled up, I've got a family to feed. I'm in government housing because I don't make enough to qualify for anything else, waiting for food stamps, lights might not be on, no heat, no water because bills didn't get paid. If you hear about or seeing someone making it rain, that's going to make you want to off them.

    Billionaires have superpowers. They can literally change the whole planet if they so chose to. And one can say a billionaire has everything, or they at least have the ability or access to create or make anything. But why would a multi-billionaire continue to amass such a fortune?

    Mansions are awesome, you can only live in one room or be in one room at a time. You can collect cars, but again, you can only drive one at a time. Yachts? Owning islands? Why not rent it?

    You should be able to earn and get whatever you want, but if you can spend ten million on a house, you should be able to give a half a mill back or something like that. hell one percent is still a hundred thousand dollars.

    When is having everything enough?

    finally a challenge...

    you know imma come after everything you just stated.i just hope you ready to defend you point. i like mental challenges.

    @sion is is ok to do this in this thread...i dont want to detour what your trying to do here. but inspiration can come from understanding both sides of a debate. but i understand its a time and place for everything.

    I encourage it, I strongly encourage it. If you feel strongly about something that you feel you can shed light on to bring another level and quality of understanding by all means. I want anybody and everybody who views this thread to be able to get something out of this thread. Whether they're having a bad day and need something to pick them up, whether they're striving for knowledge, striving for something, need that motivation, anything is plenty LOLOL. So by all means if you want to debate go ahead !

    I don't think you stated a Challenge.

    Just some words of wisdom to listen to and interpret any way you feel.

    Everything is not a Challenge sometimes you have to just sit down listen.

    everything is a challenge when are always seeking understanding and knowledge. I was never the person to take things at face value. I needed to ask questions and challenge the answer. while some people think I am being an asshole, I am gaining more understanding thru debate. even if I already know the answer, its good to sometimes know how other people feel about something because you just may learn something new because of how their background shaped who they are.

    to understand you need to challenge the premise.
    by sitting an not saying anything you are accepting what your told and trusting the persons beliefs as right.

    sorry but that's not me....I see a challenge. where I can gain knowledge. not to make him look bad.

    his post motivated me to want to understand something
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


    MrMinimalistdnyce215
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Posts: 35,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    SlimRemy wrote: »
    (this is long)

    why does the mental, emotional and financial ladder exist?
    that's more along the lines of the maslow's hierarchy of needs. all of those things affect each other, but the financial aspect probably has the most direct effect on the other realms.

    think about how many crimes are committed out of passion because those that would be on the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder, or on the lower portion of the pyramid are having financial problems. the projects, ghettos, hoods, barrios and wherever else poverty exists breeds problems.

    if all you had to do was give a couple bucks out of your pocket every now and then, to make sure that there weren't any major problems, and you could improve literally everything, why wouldn't you do it?

    we have oil tycoons, and families in the middle east, and from all over the world that control oil. they are rich, and literally have everything. they could easily take all their oil money, and instead of being 76 its Sunix, instead of arco its SunCo, instead of Shell, Sunwell. Making everything solar powered. They could have gas and oil as like literally play money. But solar and oil would be like the difference between making beats on your computer
    and making beats using old school equipment or instruments.

    Everybody got a computer, that means that everyone can make beats, or have the opportunity to make beats. The jobs that would be created from the conversion from gas to solar would be literally an industrial revolution. Solar panels on everything, roofing, solar powered cars, solar power station, solar plants, solar powered homes solar, everything, would make so many new jobs. That means everybody would have a chance to make money or at least improve themselves financially.

    That improves everyone. Because your confidence goes up, you feel better. You're not worried about the next person because you have enough. So when you see or hear about people having literally everything, (we've all seen the gif with the Saudi princes making it rain money on beautiful women) it doesn't really matter because you have enough. Whereas if you don't have much, you're struggling to get the little you have, and you hear about what other people have, or see something like that gif, it will create more negativity. Bills are piled up, I've got a family to feed. I'm in government housing because I don't make enough to qualify for anything else, waiting for food stamps, lights might not be on, no heat, no water because bills didn't get paid. If you hear about or seeing someone making it rain, that's going to make you want to off them.

    Billionaires have superpowers. They can literally change the whole planet if they so chose to. And one can say a billionaire has everything, or they at least have the ability or access to create or make anything. But why would a multi-billionaire continue to amass such a fortune?

    Mansions are awesome, you can only live in one room or be in one room at a time. You can collect cars, but again, you can only drive one at a time. Yachts? Owning islands? Why not rent it?

    You should be able to earn and get whatever you want, but if you can spend ten million on a house, you should be able to give a half a mill back or something like that. hell one percent is still a hundred thousand dollars.

    When is having everything enough?

    finally a challenge...

    you know imma come after everything you just stated.i just hope you ready to defend you point. i like mental challenges.

    @sion is is ok to do this in this thread...i dont want to detour what your trying to do here. but inspiration can come from understanding both sides of a debate. but i understand its a time and place for everything.

    I encourage it, I strongly encourage it. If you feel strongly about something that you feel you can shed light on to bring another level and quality of understanding by all means. I want anybody and everybody who views this thread to be able to get something out of this thread. Whether they're having a bad day and need something to pick them up, whether they're striving for knowledge, striving for something, need that motivation, anything is plenty LOLOL. So by all means if you want to debate go ahead !

    I don't think you stated a Challenge.

    Just some words of wisdom to listen to and interpret any way you feel.

    Everything is not a Challenge sometimes you have to just sit down listen.

    everything is a challenge when are always seeking understanding and knowledge. I was never the person to take things at face value. I needed to ask questions and challenge the answer. while some people think I am being an asshole, I am gaining more understanding thru debate. even if I already know the answer, its good to sometimes know how other people feel about something because you just may learn something new because of how their background shaped who they are.

    to understand you need to challenge the premise.
    by sitting an not saying anything you are accepting what your told and trusting the persons beliefs as right.

    sorry but that's not me....I see a challenge. where I can gain knowledge. not to make him look bad.

    his post motivated me to want to understand something



    That's not a Challenge.
    Sometimes.... Nevermind. I get what you saying homie.
    (Really though?)
  • SlimRemySlimRemy Posts: 149 ✭✭
    go ahead. if you want to have a discussion in a topic about wisdom and inspiration why not?

    i know i really went into what i was saying and it can be deemed offensive or challenging. but another way to state that long drawn out diatribe would be the following.

    "i don't care if you have everything you want, as long as i have everything i need. "

    another analogy. if the aforementioned example of the Saudi prince (he might not be a Saudi I'm sorry for the assumption.) makes it rain on 100 beautiful women of different colors shapes and sizes because he has the money and power to do so, because that's what he wants, then why would i care if i have what i need? if i have a wifey, that loves me for me, there's a mutual attraction/obsession and we have a little life together genuinely in love sharing a ranch in the middle of nowhere like some hippies why would i care?

    live in palaces, castles, and mansions. that's fine. that's what they were built for. hopefully me and the wifey can make enough money to travel.

    one thing i've learned through a lot of reading, learning, seeking of knowledge and life experiences, is that you are defined by your wants. why do you want what you want? it's okay to want whatever you want. but why do you want what you want? and is it what you need?

  • BigBallsNoWorriesBigBallsNoWorries Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your Why and Mindset Constantly Will Constantly Push You

    If you don't know your why, put that on your to do list ASAP

    finding your purpose is the most imporant thing in your life

    Why do you wake up in the morning, Why do you currently put up wit that bullshit ass job you got, Why do dress up in that suit/uniform

    Why do you do what you do

    Answer those questions and you will be halfway to success


    Your mindset is just as important

    If you think you can't do it, guess what? You won't


    its that simple

    Look at all the successful ppl, you can think of, whoever that may be


    and look at their habits, look at what they don't do and look at what they do


    and compare it to your life


    you can't be talking bout you going to be a millionaire and breaking bread with the bosses, if you still thinking like an employee

    you can't be getting up whenever you feel like it

    alot of these millionaires be up before the sun rises, and they get more accomplished in the day than you


    why is it that everyone has the same amount of time in life, which is 168 hrs a week

    which is 8736 hrs a year

    now think about how many days there are in an average life

    Its only 28,251 days on average, thats about 78 years

    and thats if you are smart enough to live that long


    you know what that means


    you got to HUSTLE and GRIND HARD EVERY DAY, ALL DAY if you want to be successful

    You Down to Travel?

    I've been International since I was 16

    Listen to my thoughts on traveling while black throughout europe, my thoughts on traveling in general and my experiences crazy/interesting stories

    at my Travel Blog right here

    htttp://www.travelis4life.wordpress.com
    2stepz_aheadSionPapaDoc223
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 32,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

    SlimRemy wrote: »
    (this is long)

    why does the mental, emotional and financial ladder exist?
    that's more along the lines of the maslow's hierarchy of needs. all of those things affect each other, but the financial aspect probably has the most direct effect on the other realms.

    think about how many crimes are committed out of passion because those that would be on the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder, or on the lower portion of the pyramid are having financial problems. the projects, ghettos, hoods, barrios and wherever else poverty exists breeds problems.

    if all you had to do was give a couple bucks out of your pocket every now and then, to make sure that there weren't any major problems, and you could improve literally everything, why wouldn't you do it?

    we have oil tycoons, and families in the middle east, and from all over the world that control oil. they are rich, and literally have everything. they could easily take all their oil money, and instead of being 76 its Sunix, instead of arco its SunCo, instead of Shell, Sunwell. Making everything solar powered. They could have gas and oil as like literally play money. But solar and oil would be like the difference between making beats on your computer
    and making beats using old school equipment or instruments.

    Everybody got a computer, that means that everyone can make beats, or have the opportunity to make beats. The jobs that would be created from the conversion from gas to solar would be literally an industrial revolution. Solar panels on everything, roofing, solar powered cars, solar power station, solar plants, solar powered homes solar, everything, would make so many new jobs. That means everybody would have a chance to make money or at least improve themselves financially.

    That improves everyone. Because your confidence goes up, you feel better. You're not worried about the next person because you have enough. So when you see or hear about people having literally everything, (we've all seen the gif with the Saudi princes making it rain money on beautiful women) it doesn't really matter because you have enough. Whereas if you don't have much, you're struggling to get the little you have, and you hear about what other people have, or see something like that gif, it will create more negativity. Bills are piled up, I've got a family to feed. I'm in government housing because I don't make enough to qualify for anything else, waiting for food stamps, lights might not be on, no heat, no water because bills didn't get paid. If you hear about or seeing someone making it rain, that's going to make you want to off them.

    Billionaires have superpowers. They can literally change the whole planet if they so chose to. And one can say a billionaire has everything, or they at least have the ability or access to create or make anything. But why would a multi-billionaire continue to amass such a fortune?

    Mansions are awesome, you can only live in one room or be in one room at a time. You can collect cars, but again, you can only drive one at a time. Yachts? Owning islands? Why not rent it?

    You should be able to earn and get whatever you want, but if you can spend ten million on a house, you should be able to give a half a mill back or something like that. hell one percent is still a hundred thousand dollars.

    When is having everything enough?


    ok...first i will say that billionaires are not superheros...they are just in control of resourses that make people move for them. most very wealthy and rich people understand a few laws and theories.
    one of them being cause and effect.

    to allow some people to grow more you must stymy others. lets use china for example. while the labor is very cheap and things get made fast which keep prices down and make the owners rich. the moment they raise the wages it will make the consumer pay more because the owner will not take a monetary hit. otherwise whats the point of owning other than to profit? if you can buy a cheap tv at walmart...most likely you wont give them more money to feel better. so the more people rise in china and require more wages and benefits, that will hit our pockets in the US and we will either turn to someone else cheaper to maintain our status or try to keep the wages low. why should i drop from a honda to a hyundai so ming lee can now buy a jetta? sounds crazy i know but the rich need the poor to make themselves feel rich.

    nature gives us all we need to survive but we tend to be nurtured into how to survive within our environment . but natures rule is about survival of the fittest or smartest..

    the strongest lion runs the pride but the smartest bird gets to mate.
    you wont see a lion freely giving up territory. he protects it fiercely.
    and a bird aint gonna make a nice nest for all the birds in the tree to pull chicks...lol
    so while i understand your point....we are creatures of nature that is nutured in understanding cause and effect and surviving within our environment to become the leader of the pack...which brings us back to nature.

    as for crimes, most crimes are crimes of opportunity.
    in a poor hood, people steal to survive, in the wealthy hoods they steal because they can. but they both steal. only one is looked at as bad tho. people look down on the poor and say "if you did better for yourself, then you wouldnt have to steal" but never look at the wealthy and say "you have enough, why are you stealing"

    the leader of the pack is controlling the environment and making the rules fit them.

    humans are simply following natures rules
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


  • SlimRemySlimRemy Posts: 149 ✭✭
    i didn't say they were superheroes either. i said they have super powers. but they could be superheroes if they used and allocated those extremely vast resources to help. again if they choose to.

    becoming a millionaire you might have lucked up. becoming a billionaire isn't a mistake.

    so once you become a billionaire you should get a beat the game card. your family is pretty much taken care of forever. because you reached the top of the socioeconomic ladder, and instead of a black card, you get the plutonium card.

    humans aren't following nature's rules. that's not true. you said it yourself, part of being rich is about letting other people know how much more you have than them. that's a mentality. that's a byproduct of competition.

    as far as the idea of dropping from a honda to a hyundai isn't true either. companies make more money when people have it to spend. they cut costs and do everything to keep the margin of profit high.

    think about your local music artist coming up, they make you pay to play. that's fine. its a business, they're providing you an opportunity to get exposure, perform and accumulate fans. what are you gonna do for them? provide a service, fill a need, give and take. okay so you gotta sell tickets to get a slot. and you have to sell a certain amount. if i asked you to come to my show tonight, and you've never heard of me before but i'm asking you to come through it only costs 15 bucks. you're gonna look at me like i'm crazy.

    if im the club or bar owner, i'm not gonna charge 10 to 15 a head. im going to charge 5 dollars. why? because i'm probably going to have dollar beer or 3 dollar/ 5 dollar pitcher specials. i want you to take a chance on spending five dollars to have something to do/coming to my place to drink. and you get to listen to local talent. i know you're probably gonna pre-game, but you might not drink as much because you know going into it there's dollar beers there. or you and the homies can chip in on a pitcher. you see a girl there, they might be having three dollar shots, you might be more willing to buy her and your self one, because you only spent five to get in. you got ten to stay and play with. hell you can get her a three dollar shot, and buy yourself 2 beers, or if she likes beer you can share a pitcher.

    if people feel good they're going to spend more money. damn i feel good i just ripped that show, the money that might have came out of my pocket to pay to play, i can spend on buying the whole bar a round or pitchers because i too have more to spend and i feel good. im creating good feelings. either way, the bar owner still gets money, but more importantly you get repeat customers.

    if you're a club owner 50 people paying 5 is better than 25 paying 10. 50 people have a good time and they bring a friend you just doubled business.

    honda dude ain't dropping down to a hyundai, he's upgrading to a porsche. if that's what he wants.

    i realized i said the original quote wrong.
    "go ahead, get whatever you want. i don't mind as long as i have everything i need."

    here's another. "all the major problems of the world can be solved. we have twitter."
Sign In or Register to comment.