Create Your Own Label Tournament FINALS! The GOODROC Foundation vs Freak Hos & Flows!!!

2»

Replies

• IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 18,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    future sales:
    Both labels have some star power here but Sion seems to have the leg up here. Even some of his acts which aren't huge stars will do better commercially. Vote :The GOOD ROC Foundation

future critical acclaim:
    Sion has a nice crop of artists who commercially will flourish a great deal and a lot of his acts have proven records of classic records but Ibex across the board has universally acclaimed artists. Almost as if his label was solely built to win this particular category. It makes up for not having a commercially driven label. Vote: Freak Hos & Flows

longevity:
    Outside of Rihanna, Sion's roster is more the "In the Now" label. His acts got a virtual death grip on the industry at the moment with no letting up in sight. That hurts his label in a sense since his younger acts (outside of Frank Ocean) aren't as musically compelling as Ibex's younger acts. Ibex's star power plus the talented batch of young artists make him more versatile in this category. He has some acts that can stand on their own against Sion's top acts but his younger section have more lasting power. Vote : Freak Hos & Flows

cohesion:
    These rosters got that 6 degree of separation going on and considering I know how to weave up a roster seemingly of folks who you wouldnt think coexist under one umbrella. IMO I think Ibex's label seems more unified in comparison. There's a few acts on Sion's roster that dont fit. Ahem : Macklemore I'm looking your way pause. Vote : Freak Hos & Flows

album covers/tracklist:
    Initially I was gonna say "I dont have to think too hard bout this one. No brainer IMO." but I feel the need to explain. And to be brief: Sion was just more creative here. I know he has an advantage with the covers which led me straight to the tracklists. Some of Ibex's projects are cool ideas that I think weren't executed as best as they could considering the rosters. If you take that and look at the covers as well it makes for a dry experience. There was a bit more of a creative intent with Sion when it came to the tracklists and titles. Vote : The GOOD ROC Foundation

@Sion my bro in arms but I think Ibex might have edged you out here. This game is about "The best possible label created" and if i'm keeping it real thats what @Ibex did.
    IbexSionTonyDubbz
  • JaDaDonJaDaDon AtlantaPosts: 879 ✭✭✭✭
    Future Sales Winner: GOOD ROC
    I had this going to FH&F but after taking away both labels heavy hitters, I just can't see anyone outselling Big Sean, Push or Rihanna who are each gonna do respectable numbers. It was really close but that edged it for me slightly.

Future Critical Acclaim Winner: FH&F
    Everything coming from Sion roster is gonna be dope but when I look at classic potential I just see more on FH&F as his best artist should only get better. Lauryn Hill is gonna put out some shit with the people he has put behind her.

Longevity Winner: FH&F
    Another hard category, but with FH&F roster being younger and actually talented I had to give the edge here as I can see them having a GOAT run possibly while GOOD ROC has less of a ceiling as they have reached it for the most part.

Cohesion Winner: GOOD ROC
    While I give it up to FH&F for having a cohesive label, GOOD ROC is just too strong filled with acts that we all know have done work together and the ones that haven't it is very easy to see. While trying to vision The Roots and Mackelmore together was hard , it was just more difficult trying to piece together Freddie Gibbs with a Beyonce or Miguel.

Covers/Tracklist Winner:Tie
    This is suppose to be GOOD ROC guaranteed win category but I think with the covers being so dope he may have gotten lazy with the tracklist and since they aren't weighed any differently and FH&H had just enough dope covers to make it even for me. SchoolBoy Q and Ab-Soul's saved you lol.

So to pick a winner, I will go with FH&F mainly because his label was more original in how it was put together and there are projects as a fan of music I would just be ready to hear. GOOD ROC is a juggernaut that if was real would be on some Def Jam shit back in the day, but feels more like a merger of real life labels rather than created and this Create Your Own Label. @Sion @Ibex Salute to both of you for real, this match up really ended up being a damn near coin toss based on these categories which makes this game so dope and I hope to see it continue.

SionIbex
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 26,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn @ibex was the underdawg and won this shit.... Congrats
    Sion
  • IbexIbex Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I'm in disbelief I was prepared to go out on my Marvin Hagler shit and just retire to never be heard from again. Once Sion got Jigga I thought it was over, but I just said fuck it I came this far let me put out some projects and see what happens....This was an EPIC finals matchup @Sion you put out some phenomenal work, this was truly a great display of two competiers in their prime going for a championship. Shout out to everybody that participated in the game, all the judges, and Cheese for bringing this GOAT game to AHH and to Dubbz for carrying the torch. I was able to create a label with artist I really listen to, and I'm humbled by the people that appreciate what I put out, and grateful I got the opportunity to display my talents.

Salute,
    Ibex
    JaDaDonjazzybellaSionTonyDubbz
  • jazzybellajazzybella Where Hennything is Possible :)Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when the next one start?
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 42,236 Regulator
    What can I say ? I lost fair and square. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little tainted LOLOLOL but it's all in good competition. Now we have a real hall of fame with three Champions - myself, @IceBergTaylor , and now @Ibex . I can't even whine considering I've been to the finals not once or twice but 3 fucking times & won one too LOLOL SMMFH. This is dope and shout outs to Cheese for creating this and putting it together. I aint think about it till today but Ibex was prolly the most underrated for 3 games straight, so it was dope to see him come up. Major props to him for his success in CYOL Volume 3. As they say "third time's a charm". Shout outs to Tony Dubbz for putting this together and shout outs to all who joined. I hope you all continue to keep this game going in the longterm.
    IbexTonyDubbzJaDaDon
  • TonyDubbzTonyDubbz Realest Nigga Livin' Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daaaaaamnnn what a match up! its crazy how this last match up was quite possibly the easiest one to get votes for.. (This is something thats gonna have to be taken into consideration before the next game kicks off not matter if im hosting or not and if & when we the players decide on it.) Might have to make some changes to the way votes are done in the future. Respect to everyone who dropped a vote so that we could give these two a good ass final round.

And now without further ado.. i'll officially announce that @Ibex IS our winner!

Congrats bruh!

This was a hell of a match up and I knew it would be nothing short of that. Both @Sion and Ibex were on top of their game and this shit could of went either way. Just like Sion said hes no stranger to the finals as this will make his 3rd time making it to the final match up. This nigga has been a problem since the very first game, no lie. It is good to see another veteran player pick up a win. @Ibex been holding it down for CYOL since the very beginning so he deserves it.

@icebergtaylor you see this bruh? its time for you to com up off that championship
    SionIbex
2»
This discussion has been closed.