What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official Fox Comicbook Cinematic Universe Thread - Coming Soon (Deadpool 2 June 2018)

Replies

• black caesarblack caesar Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11
    Broddie wrote: »
    When did they say it wasn't in the same universe the movies/Legion? They've been saying the contrary all along.

I've read legion is in the mcu

Legion is part of the X-Men movie universe not the MCU. The Gifted according to Fox, Bryan Singer and Simon Kinsberg months ago is also part of the X-Men movie verse. black ceasar's post is the first time I heard that it might not be.

Here you go:

https://www.romper.com/p/how-is-the-gifted-connected-to-the-x-men-movies-meet-a-new-group-of-mutants-2748687

Mutants are coming to FOX in the all new TV series, The Gifted. However, it's not the mutants Marvel fans have come to know and love on the big screen. So how is The Gifted connected to the X-Men, if at all? Well, it's a little complicated.

While The Gifted does take place in the same universe as X-Men, the events of The Gifted are happening in an alternate reality.

http://nerdist.com/the-gifted-x-men-connections-tca-fox/

“Some of the connections are not connections to the movies, they are connections to the larger mythology in the universe of the X-Men,” Nix said. “So watch and see.”

Unlike how little Agents of SHIELD references the Avengers by name, both Nix and Loeb promise that the X-Men are going to play a huge role on The Gifted, even if those classic characters won’t show up. In fact, when the pilot picks up the X-Men have disappeared from the world, and every mutant will be worried about where they’ve gone.

“In our world, one of the things we’ll be unpacking is the specific relationship of this group of characters to the X-Men,” Nix said. “The X-Men are gone and that’s not a dodge. It’s a thing in the show and we’re going to be exploring it. It’s a huge deal in the world and it’s one of the central mysteries of the show. There’s a historical mythology. There’s not going to be a situation where the television show is driving the movies or the movies are driving the television show because the mythology we’re telling specifically avoids that.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/21/gifted-fox-comic-con-season-1-spoilers/

“One of the great favors that Days of Future Past did for all of us is establish there are many streams, so one answer is we exist in one of those streams,” executive producer Matt Nix said Friday during The Gifted‘s panel at Comic-Con, moderated by Entertainment Weekly‘s Tim Stack. “The idea is that this is definitely its own universe. We’re not in the same exact timeline as any particular movie or comic, but that said we do share some characters with the movies and comics. The idea is we’re doing our own thing. As they say, there are many streams.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/gifted-1202502911/

Speaking Friday at Comic-Con in San Diego, showrunner Matt Nix downplayed the potential for any crossover with other iterations of Marvel’s mutant franchise. “The Gifted,” according to Nix, takes place in its own unique timeline.

“One of the great favors that ‘Days of Future Past’ did for all of us is establish many streams,” Nix said, referring to the 2014 film directed by Bryan Singer. “I guess that one answer is that this is one of those many streams.”

“The Gifted,” he added, does “not share a universe with” the films or other “X-Men” series.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
  • Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 45,525 Regulator
    When did they say it wasn't in the same universe the movies/Legion? They've been saying the contrary all along.

Legion is part of the X-Men movie universe not the MCU. The Gifted according to Fox, Bryan Singer and Simon Kinsberg months ago is also part of the X-Men movie verse. black ceasar's post is the first time I heard that it might not be.

Just saying what I've read through multiple sources. I'm surprised you aint in the know

It's not MCU though. Marvel gave the X-Men live action TV rights to Fox as a trade for the skrulls (not Super Skrull though he's still at Fox) and Ego the Living Planet who were tied up with the F4 movie rights. As well Scarlet Witch and a version of Quicksilver that functions as her brother which was tied up with the X-Men movie rights.

In return Fox got the X live action TV rights which is why we now have Legion and The Gifted and they also got to use the Negasonic Teenage Warhead name even though they had to change the character herself.

Marvel's function on these shows is as licensers and exec producers but Marvel Studios is not creatively involved at all. Fox's X-Men team led by Singer and Kinberg are.

I understand that, I'm just saying what I read how marvel got the rights for this show that's why it isn't in the xmen universe. I'm not saying it's fact, just what I read
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you go:

https://www.romper.com/p/how-is-the-gifted-connected-to-the-x-men-movies-meet-a-new-group-of-mutants-2748687

Mutants are coming to FOX in the all new TV series, The Gifted. However, it's not the mutants Marvel fans have come to know and love on the big screen. So how is The Gifted connected to the X-Men, if at all? Well, it's a little complicated.

While The Gifted does take place in the same universe as X-Men, the events of The Gifted are happening in an alternate reality.

http://nerdist.com/the-gifted-x-men-connections-tca-fox/

“Some of the connections are not connections to the movies, they are connections to the larger mythology in the universe of the X-Men,” Nix said. “So watch and see.”

Unlike how little Agents of SHIELD references the Avengers by name, both Nix and Loeb promise that the X-Men are going to play a huge role on The Gifted, even if those classic characters won’t show up. In fact, when the pilot picks up the X-Men have disappeared from the world, and every mutant will be worried about where they’ve gone.

“In our world, one of the things we’ll be unpacking is the specific relationship of this group of characters to the X-Men,” Nix said. “The X-Men are gone and that’s not a dodge. It’s a thing in the show and we’re going to be exploring it. It’s a huge deal in the world and it’s one of the central mysteries of the show. There’s a historical mythology. There’s not going to be a situation where the television show is driving the movies or the movies are driving the television show because the mythology we’re telling specifically avoids that.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/21/gifted-fox-comic-con-season-1-spoilers/

“One of the great favors that Days of Future Past did for all of us is establish there are many streams, so one answer is we exist in one of those streams,” executive producer Matt Nix said Friday during The Gifted‘s panel at Comic-Con, moderated by Entertainment Weekly‘s Tim Stack. “The idea is that this is definitely its own universe. We’re not in the same exact timeline as any particular movie or comic, but that said we do share some characters with the movies and comics. The idea is we’re doing our own thing. As they say, there are many streams.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/gifted-1202502911/

Speaking Friday at Comic-Con in San Diego, showrunner Matt Nix downplayed the potential for any crossover with other iterations of Marvel’s mutant franchise. “The Gifted,” according to Nix, takes place in its own unique timeline.

“One of the great favors that ‘Days of Future Past’ did for all of us is establish many streams,” Nix said, referring to the 2014 film directed by Bryan Singer. “I guess that one answer is that this is one of those many streams.”

“The Gifted,” he added, does “not share a universe with” the films or other “X-Men” series.

Ok I get it. Same universe as the movies. Different dimension/timeline.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    It makes sense too come to think of it since Blink is a main mutant here. They could always use her to crossover to the movie timeline.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • fortyacresfortyacres Posts: 4,446 Regulator
    t9lvnfedvkbh.gif

Thanos 3:16 says.."I just whooped your ass!!!"

t5xa5bavxbd2.gif
    giphy.gif

Huey_Csapp08_2001
  • illestni99ainneillestni99ainne I let ur gal suck me off from da back and ur moms giv me cornrows on my crack cuz Im nasty like that Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know much about new mutants. Someone school me?
    Nights like this...I wish...Raindrops would faaalllll!!!
    Looks ok.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Lou_Cypher
    edited October 13
    I don't know much about new mutants. Someone school me?

Google.

This looks nothing like the comics besides having shades of it's popular arc demon bear saga anyway so it's not really important.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Thread title needs an upgrade. This is next not Deadpool 2.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    edited October 13
    fortyacres wrote: »

this shit looks like a horror movie. damn you fox!

What's wrong with that?

Smartest thing Fox did was use their X-Men verse to explore different types of superhero storytelling just like the X-Men comic books.

Logan was a post-apocalyptic western. Deadpool an action comedy. Legion is a psychological thriller etc.

The actual X-Men movies handle the superheroics and even those flip it too. We got a mod spy 60s adventure in First Class and a time travel epic in Days of Future Past.

Keeps things fresh and has helped them find their own identity in this post-MCU world.

2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    StoneColdMikeyCJiron man1DarthRozayPILL_COSBY
  • Revolver OcelotRevolver Ocelot Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's wrong with that?

Smartest thing Fox did was use their X-Men verse to explore different types of superhero storytelling just like the X-Men comic books.

Logan was a post-apocalyptic western. Deadpool an action comedy. Legion is a psychological thriller etc.

The actual X-Men movies handle the superheroics and even those flip it too. We got a mod spy 60s adventure in First Class and a time travel epic in Days of Future Past.

Keeps things fresh and has helped them find their own identity in this post-MCU world.

All those still felt like a comic book movie.

If this movie had no title and just the trailer, it would come off as your run of the mill horror flick.
    tumblr_obni9ewfq01ui45hlo1_400.gif
    Splackavellisapp08_2001

What's wrong with that?

All those still felt like a comic book movie.

If this movie had no title and just the trailer, it would come off as your run of the mill horror flick.

It's a teaser trailer though. Not the best indicator. An actual trailer would be more informative about the movie's tone but we ain't there yet.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 44,495 Regulator

This shit looks wack SMH
    I mod without feelings or remorse.

Just been through it all man
    Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    What the fuck else can happen yo?
    I dont think much more son, word to mother yo
    We done seen it all, and been through it all yo
    Let y'all niggaz know right now
    Word to mother, for real, for real
    I aint ever goin back
    Splackavellisapp08_2001KingFreeman
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 33,476 Regulator
    I like it . Something different.
    #Mikeyismod2017
    SplackavelliDarthRozayPILL_COSBY
    Also keep in mind that this is taking direct influence from what was essentially a horror story set in the X-Men universe. The Demon Bear saga. Cecilia Reyes being played by that queen of the south lady is bogus as fuck though.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • SplackavelliSplackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Posts: 18,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 13

What's wrong with that?

EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH THIS SHIT!
    logan , Deadpool and xmen dofp was the only thing fox did right out of about 10 movies. we had 7 movies of x men in motorcycle suits. the new mutant are supposed to be about kids who discovered their new powers and wind up at Xavier's school for the gifted . this looks like a bunch of random kids in an abandoned dungeon like physche ward or hospital with is the setting for a fuckin' slasher flick. this isn't new mutants at all. I guess fox finally realized they suck when it comes to the superhero genre so they added a twist to their movies. so tell me what genre or direction was they going with that FF remake? to me at that point they just said fuck it we don't give a damn anymore.
    StoneColdMikeysapp08_2001PILL_COSBY
    edited October 13
    Fantastic Four reboot was originally approached as body horror sci-fi by Josh Trank. Like a Cronenberg movie with superheroes but Fox went and fucked that all the way up for him. I still refuse to ever watch it.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • Revolver OcelotRevolver Ocelot Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also keep in mind that this is taking direct influence from what was essentially a horror story set in the X-Men universe. The Demon Bear saga. Cecilia Reyes being played by that queen of the south lady is bogus as fuck though.

Got'cha. Now the trailer makes a lil more sense.

tumblr_obni9ewfq01ui45hlo1_400.gif
    StoneColdMikey
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 44,495 Regulator
    There was no reason to reinvent the wheel with this New Mutant movie. It's a story about a group of teens with powers no more no less. I'm sure they're going to use Magiks demon ability to be the villian of this movie. Going by the trailer it's going to be a dark movie and that will shut out the younger kids from seeing a movie like this especially a teen X-Men (basically that's what New Mutants are)

Hope I'm wrong but doesn't look like it from the trailer. It's too much source material for Fox to try to change this group. Let them be what they are a bunch of teens who got powers but not good enough to be on the big boy team ie X-men
    I mod without feelings or remorse.

Just been through it all man
    Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    What the fuck else can happen yo?
    I dont think much more son, word to mother yo
    We done seen it all, and been through it all yo
    Let y'all niggaz know right now
    Word to mother, for real, for real
    I aint ever goin back
    sapp08_2001SplackavelliPILL_COSBY
    Yeah they're basically the Teen Titans to the X-Men's Justice League.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Cain
  • SplackavelliSplackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Posts: 18,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    There was no reason to reinvent the wheel with this New Mutant movie. It's a story about a group of teens with powers no more no less. I'm sure they're going to use Magiks demon ability to be the villian of this movie. Going by the trailer it's going to be a dark movie and that will shut out the younger kids from seeing a movie like this especially a teen X-Men (basically that's what New Mutants are)

Hope I'm wrong but doesn't look like it from the trailer. It's too much source material for Fox to try to change this group. Let them be what they are a bunch of teens who got powers but not good enough to be on the big boy team ie X-men

I agree what they are doing is very disrespectful to the source material and they are just going to throw them into a storyline event. whats their origin. where do they come from who are they etc. this is the franchise that introduced Deadpool, cable and domino. the remaining members formed the first x-force team. they are too big to twist like this. I grew up reading new mutants. the movies don't have to match the comics page for page but show some love for the source material at least.
    CJPILL_COSBY
    edited October 14
    this video explains perfectly who the new mutants are