What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

'Creed' - 2015 Michael B Jordan, Sylvester Stallone, Phylicia Rashad & Tessa Thompson.

Replies

• Lurkristocrat Lurkristocrat Posts: 8,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that "jawn" is just a play on "joint" makes me smh
  • Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 45,514 Regulator
    They need to do a sequel like Godfather 2. Half is Creed preparing for his fight with Drago Jr, and the other half Apollo Creed Back story. How he started boxing and became Champ
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    313 wayz
  • aka cool beansaka cool beans Posts: 13 ✭✭✭
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    @suzyscrew yeah you heard wrong. It's outpacing 'Balboa' quite easily and widely regarded to be over performing. Good shot at cracking a 100 mil on a 35 mil budget.

If you're thinking local, this movie is beating Rocky balboa. Overall, including overseas, it's not. So in that respect, I heard right. 6 mil international for creed compared to 85. 87 overall vs 156 for Rocky Balboa.

My source
    http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custom-comparisons/Creed/Rocky-Balboa

Yeah but Creed's run isn't over. We'd also need to do some investigating into international release dates. Could be that it hasn't released in many places overseas as of yet.

You know how it is when a movie has been out. Every week it makes a little bit less. Creed won't get close to Rocky Balboa internationally. With Star Wars coming out, it's a wrap. Besides, a lot of these foreign countries ain't trying to see a "Black" movie. It sucks but it's true. Denzel went thru the same shit.

No matter what, Creed was profitable. He'll get a sequel. I'm glad I saw it.

Still is yet to be released in all the major European markets (ie UK, France, Germany etc) as well as Mexico and other SA countries and won't until mid to late January into February. That international gap will close. I do agree thought that it will have slightly less appeal internationally due to it being more focused on a black lead but at the end of the day it's still a Rocky legacy flick so it'll do fine.

And yeah a sequel is locked. They were already talking about it before the movie even dropped and Coogler said he already has some ideas. I don't want any Drago or Clubber Lang Jr.'s though. That shit would be mad corny in my opinion. I would like to see Drago though. The exploring the dynamic between Adonis and the man who killed his pops could make for really great cinema.
    ethos
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dvd screener leaked today
    Big Kola
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mastery wrote: »
    Yeah man... movie was DOPE as fuck! I loved every minute of it. I got so hyped at one point I stood up and started shadow boxing in the theater. Real shit. Haha

Somebody should of told you to sit ya drunk ass down lol

Cs I woulda threw something at that nigga if I was in the theater with him
  • suzyscrewsuzyscrew Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    This movie was dope but lmao at him getting a fight with the champ.after 1 fight

This happens in real life. Last minute replacements usually just get ktfo though. Back in the day, Evander Holyfield almost lost his belt to a no name dude (Bert Cooper was his name).
    NCswag
  • suzyscrewsuzyscrew Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aka cool beans at least addressing the Drago situation would be cool. I'm guessing the first sequel would involve him getting the belt.
  • ethosethos Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    This movie was dope but lmao at him getting a fight with the champ.after 1 fight

Doesn't happen often but the most recent was Lomenchenko getting a title fight after 1 fight, losing that and very next fight got another title shot for the same belt because it was vacated.

But movie was great, anticipating the sequel.
    Every disappointment is a blessing in disguise....

Causes and effects are not real, but are habits of our mind to make sense of the observation that A often occurs together with or slightly before B. All we can observe are correlations, not causations; from which we make inductive inferences.
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 37,017 Regulator
    I finally got to see this movie, it was dope.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
    numbaz...80's babykzzl
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemPosts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    movie was really good some cheesy parts but dope movie none the less
    playmaker88Kid Dynasty
  • nickel-us Pnickel-us P Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just caught it late as hell. Goat
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 49,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because he's creeds son and they knew it would sell tickets

rocket-2.gif
    playmaker88
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 49,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the best film of 2015 for me...second place ant man

No mention of drago though
    rocket-2.gif
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »

Ant Man was TRAAAAAAAASSSHHH
    Bcotton5Ghostdenithegawdnickel-us Pillestni99ainneaneed123kzzlnot_osirus_jenkinsSmokey Tha BanditethosKid DynastyRevolver Ocelot
  • TheBossmanTheBossman It All Started With A StarterCoat Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »

This was better than straight outta Compton?
    #thisishiphop #ThisIsSmoothRnB track of the week.
    tumblr_oq107bw6Mq1rhttapo1_1280.png
    TheGOATSmokey Tha Bandittexas409
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 7,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Creed 2, he better be like his Daddy, undefeated and super cocky
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 20,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He wasn't cocky, just hungry
    MorganFreemanKingcannonspike1994
  • Max.Max. Posts: 32,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh took that weak ass punch n yall think he deserves a academy award

Man lock this shit
    sapp08_2001texas409Revolver OcelotNCswag
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea finally saw it and it was an ok movie ...redbox junt i would've been beefing if i paid for this