Is Steph Curry a Top 5 All Time PG ... Today?

2

Replies

  • Peace_79Peace_79 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fuck? ... Give that dude some time to cook
    Oh he is dead ass serious, Fam... Heart Attack
  • S2JS2J Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fuck? ... Give that dude some time to cook
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Before i utter a word on this , i have faith this won't get off the ground. I hope yall dont let me down
    Lol @S2J we got enough altitude yet?

    Nope. Its only 1 dude saying all this
  • Peace_79Peace_79 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fuck? ... Give that dude some time to cook
    S2J wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Before i utter a word on this , i have faith this won't get off the ground. I hope yall dont let me down
    Lol @S2J we got enough altitude yet?

    Nope. Its only 1 dude saying all this

    Lol. Really?
    How many more people do you expect to drink this brand of Kool Aid?
  • Chasin BundlezChasin Bundlez Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U know Ur a legend when U avg 26ppg on 45%fg and 40% from 3 and cats say U were locked up lmaooo...imagine what he would've done had he not been locked by delle...Idiots.

    Fun fact thru 21 games in the playoffs curry was 2nd in scoring at 28ppg on efficient shooting similar to what he shot in the finals, and avgd 28 without goin nut the way the #1 leading scorer had to....whew.

    Can't wait to see curry avg 38 mins again in a season, so he can avg 29ppg on fuckery efficiency alon with 9assts, then these peons will learn....facts.

    Cuz when U keep blowing teams out and end up playing the same number of mins a 6th man winner would play, U get shortchanged Cuz Ur "raw" numbers don't look as gaudy....sad.

    Nigga won mvp playing gonobli type 6th man minutes lmao....crazy.
  • Chasin BundlezChasin Bundlez Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the great pg's the NBA has seen and only 3...only 3 were able to win chips as the best best players of their respective teams....last time a team won a chip led by a pg was in 90'....25 years of ALL these "legendary" pg's yet not one...not one could win a chip as the go to guy?

    Muthafuckas just witnessed history and are playin dumb lol...nigggas said, KJ, price, hardaway, russ, pArker etc...all cats that are/were robins..not one of those bozos were the best player on their teams lmaooo

    Compare robins that have no rings (aside from TP) to batman that just won a chip...sounds logical.
  • Peace_79Peace_79 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    The Fuck? ... Give that dude some time to cook
    Yall act like Steph is the only reason they won that championship.

    Like the talent on that team was comparable or inferior to all of their competition ..
    Since he deserves the overwhelming amount of the credit, why didn't he win FMVP?

    And you still haven't answered my earlier question:

    How many times do you think Steph Curry will make 1st Team All Defense in his career? ... What about DPOY?

    Surely more than the "peon", Gary Payton, right?


    Btw, Fun Actual Fact:

    Lebron MPG - 36

    Steph Curry MPG - 33
    Steph Curry MPG (Playoffs) - 40

    "6th Man minutes huh?"... Do you believe this shit you saying?

  • Chasin BundlezChasin Bundlez Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He didn't get mvp Cuz he shitted on he media by bringing up Riley post game conferences...press was pissed about that shit...secondly the media likes to shit on james and award the player that guards him in he finals wit the mvp...its their way to take a jab at him.

    LB was pure shit efficiency wise all Po's Cuz he gets his baskets in the flow of games, he's not an efficient volume shooter the way MJ, T Mac, KD, Kobe are...imo if U can take bad shots and hit em at a 45% clip Ur an elite scorer...this is the first time in his career he had to take bad shots and he was exposed lmao...not built for that type of shit.

    With that being said Iggy held him 3% under his shit fg% he shot throughout his first 3 rounds...not that impressive...on the offensive end he AVGD 16 for the simple fact Curry was being trapped by 6 players all series and they chose to leave Iggy open since he's never been a reliable scorer...no triple teaming Curry means he avgs 29 and Iggy goes back to his Normal 7ppg lmao

    As for the Payton shit...no, no def teams for steph...now answer me when will Payton be the best player on a championship team and when will he have an mvp and be considered a top 3 player in the game...too much ether.

    And for that "team" talk, GS was being out scored by an avg of 8ppg with steph off the court this year and out scoring opponents by 15 when he was on the court...they won 83 games this year...take steph off the team they win 42 games max and don't make he Po's in the crowded
    west...have fun wit Klay fuckin Thompson as Ur go to guy lmaooooo...see how far U get wit a SG that will avg 24ppg Max,, and shoot an inefficient 41% from the field, can't make plays for others, sounds like a Kevin Martin with better defense to me lmaooo...also no Curry and Green is no more than a hustle bench player that doesn't get open 3s and cuts to the basket...Curry is the new LB, put him on 20 teams in the league and they're automatic contenders...word.
  • Peace_79Peace_79 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fuck? ... Give that dude some time to cook
    And how long are yall going to pretend that undrafted Aussie didn't give Curry problems in the first two games of the Finals?
    ... When, given his pedigree, he had no business doing so?

    Let's look at Game 2:

    Curry
    5-23 from the field
    2-15 from the 3


    Keep telling yourself Gary Payton wouldn't lick his chops at the opportunity to guard a young, inexperienced Curry at this point in Curry's career

    He would chew up all that "Advanced Analytics" talk like a piece of gum in his mouth

    g_payton_195.jpg
  • Chasin BundlezChasin Bundlez Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF takin bout an off shooting night...U know what fuck it, Delle locked him up....so if Delle locking him up for one game out of 6 and gtn lit up the rest of the way and TORCHED in a pivotal game 5, after all the things i have said, well then we're done here lmaoooo....I need another poster to humor me with sumn other than curry having one bad game....bcuz this is becoming redundant and sad.

    Payton got made a fool of by a streak shooter in Jason Williams...hit him wit the dribble hesitation head fake and GP flew like a bird...I could only imagine how many times Curry with make that boy fly lmaoooo...already gave he almighty Cp3 wings this season and countless others....if Ur name insnt Danny Green or Kawhi, U have no chance of guarding curry...end of story.

    Been watchin him since Davidson and while I seen a few players bother him, Beverley, Delle, Deron, to name a few...the only that I can admit has his # is green and kawhi...more so kawhi...

    Magic, big o, Stockton, kidd and Curry...maybe isaih just off the strength of his rings.../thread.
  • Peace_79Peace_79 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    The Fuck? ... Give that dude some time to cook

    As for the Payton shit...no, no def teams for steph...now answer me when will Payton be the best player on a championship team and when will he have an mvp and be considered a top 3 player in the game...

    At least you finally admitted that Curry is not an elite defender and will NEVER be on the level of many of the players you dismissed from the conversation.

    That is a fundamentally MAJOR part of the game that you completely ignored, nigga

    And stop using inherently relative arguments to compare players from different eras.

    "Top 3 Player in the League" depends on the players who are in the fucking league!
    (And there are some that might argue Curry isn't Top 3 today, with everyone at full strength - Durant, AD, Westbrook, CP, Lebron, Harden... )

    You have Curry winning chips and MVPs over Jordan, The Dream, Charles Barkley, etc. ?

    Because that is who Payton competed with...

    Stop hiding from the argument with your relative stats and figures
    coop9889Valentinez A. Kaiser
  • coop9889coop9889 Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U know Ur a legend when U avg 26ppg on 45%fg and 40% from 3 and cats say U were locked up lmaooo...imagine what he would've done had he not been locked by delle...Idiots..

    #ThingsSaidByThoseWhoDidntWatchTheGameAndJustLookAtTheStatsAfterwards
    Can't wait to see curry avg 38 mins again in a season, so he can avg 29ppg on fuckery efficiency alon with 9assts, then these peons will learn....facts.

    Curry averaged 37 minutes last year. 24ppg. 8.5 assists........38 minutes the year before that. 23ppg. 7 ast......Hmmmm
    nigggas said, KJ, price, hardaway, russ, pArker etc...all cats that are/were robins..not one of those bozos were the best player on their teams lmaooo

    So Tony Parker never won finals mvp, and wasnt the best player on that team during the 07 finals... oh ok.
    LB was pure shit efficiency wise all Po's Cuz he gets his baskets in the flow of games, he's not an efficient volume shooter the way MJ, T Mac, KD, Kobe are...imo if U can take bad shots and hit em at a 45% clip Ur an elite scorer...this is the first time in his career he had to take bad shots and he was exposed lmao...not built for that type of shit.

    Scored more points than everybody else involved in the series. Set record for points through first 3 games. Averaged 36. "Exposed"


    Just small things I noticed in those hilarious, obviously non-biased, completely objective tirades of yours.
    Peace_79
  • Peace_79Peace_79 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fuck? ... Give that dude some time to cook

    Muthafuckas just witnessed history and are playin dumb lol...nigggas said, KJ, price, hardaway, russ, pArker etc...all cats that are/were robins..not one of those bozos were the best player on their teams lmaooo


    Nigga..

    --Kevin Johnson wasn't the best player on his team because he played with Charles... Fucking.... Barkley in his prime. Great argument.

    Steph, today, wouldnt be the best player on that team either, dumbass.



    --Tony Parker?... SMH
    coop9889 wrote: »
    So Tony Parker never won finals mvp, and wasnt the best player on that team during the 07 finals... oh ok.

    Yeah... He also played with Tim Duncan - arguably the best PF of all time... Another great argument


    --Tim Hardaway

    Tim Hardaway didn't make Run TMC go as the best player on that team, huh?
    He didn't introduce the Killer crossover to the NBA on a prolific scale?
    He didn't influence ball handling of guys who influenced the ball handling off Steph Curry, huh?

    Watch a YouTube video or something, nigga... You sound basketball illiterate


    --Russel Westbrook

    Hmmm let me guess why Russ isn't the best player on his team...
    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he plays with a player whose ceiling is the highest of anyone in decades- especially offensively. Higher than Lebron James

    That doesn't mean Russ isn't an outstanding individual talent.
    Despite his immaturity and impatience this season, dude was practically a walking triple double ... Wait until he gets some discipline and focus at the point gaurd position. His athleticism alone is generational...

    --Mark Price

    You can talk down about Mark Price all you want. But you should do yourself a favor and watch tape on the dude and Listen to Legends talk about how he changed the Point Gaurd position. From splitting double teams, to pinpoint accurate shooting - dude was a phenomenal scorer.

    He is also a member of the 50-40-90 club.
    How many times has Steph accomplished that feat, again?

    I'll wait...



    ... We already talked about Gary Payton... Nigga had you stuttering and backtracking like he was shit talking you before a game time tip


    But we haven't yet discussed The Logo, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Isiah Thomas LMAO
    I don't have enough keyboards to destroy your ridiculous argument
    Smokey Tha Bandit
  • Chasin BundlezChasin Bundlez Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @peace
    How many all D teams did Magic make bro? Oh...that argument is over now since it doesn't matter that Magic was a grade A shit defender and couldn't the smaller quicker guards smh

    If he's not top 3 why did he make the ALL NBA 1st team...which is the FIVE best players in the game...in addition to being one of two players (LB was the other player) to get ALL 1st place votes U fuckin dumbass...meaning LB and him are the current 2 best players, miss me wit that health shit wit KD Cuz he got the same foot injury that ended Yao career.

    As of TODAY Curry is a top 3 player (really top 2)...wait til next year to see if that changes.

    @coop
    Now to kill the other bozo...U said Curry avgd 24 last year on 37 mins and 23 on 38 the year before...cool.

    With that said THIS year he AVGD 24 on 32 mins....dickhead!!! Meaning he's way better than last year...dickhead!! Meaning that from her on out if he gets 38 mins hes averaging at least 28...dickhead!!!

    Tim Duncan has been the best player on thT team every year he's been on it, stop that TP shit he's never been batman smh

    LB Averaged 36 points yea....on 36% shooting lmaoooo...U dickhead!!! How the fuck is that elite scoring?

    Curry avgs 25 on 45% shootin and 40 from 3....but he was on lock.

    LB avgs 36 on 36% shootin and 21% from 3 but he was a scoring beast lmaoooo...the logic!

    2 niggas sonned in one post I'm that nigga, goddamn!!!
    Peace_79
  • coop9889coop9889 Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now to kill the other bozo...U said Curry avgd 24 last year on 37 mins and 23 on 38 the year before...cool.

    With that said THIS year he AVGD 24 on 32 mins....dickhead!!! Meaning he's way better than last year...dickhead!! Meaning that from her on out if he gets 38 mins hes averaging at least 28...dickhead!!!

    603db088bfc439746087637584a11833.gif

    So you can predict the future now.
    Tim Duncan has been the best player on thT team every year he's been on it, stop that TP shit he's never been batman smh

    Clearly didn't watch that series at all. There's a reason TP won finals MVP that year, and it wasn't close.
    LB Averaged 36 points yea....on 36% shooting lmaoooo...U dickhead!!! How the fuck is that elite scoring?
    Where did I say anything about elite scoring? But just to play devil's advocate, he scored 40+ points 2 times (almost 3) against the best defensive player on the best defensive team in the league, in the finals. Elite scoring.
    Curry avgs 25 on 45% shootin and 40 from 3....but he was on lock.
    Yet again looking at the averages after the series is over. You didn't watch individual games. Check curry's game 2 stats, since you all about the stats.
    LB avgs 36 on 36% shootin and 21% from 3 but he was a scoring beast lmaoooo...the logic!

    So scoring isn't about the amount you score, it's only about the percentages? Really? That's what you sticking by?

    So a nigga scoring 10 points on 75% shooting is better than a nigga who score 40 on 30%?

    You sound stupid.

    office-michael-scott-close-door.gif
    Smokey Tha BanditPeace_79
  • Chasin BundlezChasin Bundlez Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peace_79 wrote: »

    Muthafuckas just witnessed history and are playin dumb lol...nigggas said, KJ, price, hardaway, russ, pArker etc...all cats that are/were robins..not one of those bozos were the best player on their teams lmaooo


    Nigga..

    --Kevin Johnson wasn't the best player on his team because he played with Charles... Fucking.... Barkley in his prime. Great argument.

    Steph, today, wouldnt be the best player on that team either, dumbass.



    --Tony Parker?... SMH
    coop9889 wrote: »
    So Tony Parker never won finals mvp, and wasnt the best player on that team during the 07 finals... oh ok.

    Yeah... He also played with Tim Duncan - arguably the best PF of all time... Another great argument


    --Tim Hardaway

    Tim Hardaway didn't make Run TMC go as the best player on that team, huh?
    He didn't introduce the Killer crossover to the NBA on a prolific scale?
    He didn't influence ball handling of guys who influenced the ball handling off Steph Curry, huh?

    Watch a YouTube video or something, nigga... You sound basketball illiterate


    --Russel Westbrook

    Hmmm let me guess why Russ isn't the best player on his team...
    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he plays with a player whose ceiling is the highest of anyone in decades- especially offensively. Higher than Lebron James

    That doesn't mean Russ isn't an outstanding individual talent.
    Despite his immaturity and impatience this season, dude was practically a walking triple double ... Wait until he gets some discipline and focus at the point gaurd position. His athleticism alone is generational...

    --Mark Price

    You can talk down about Mark Price all you want. But you should do yourself a favor and watch tape on the dude and Listen to Legends talk about how he changed the Point Gaurd position. From splitting double teams, to pinpoint accurate shooting - dude was a phenomenal scorer.

    He is also a member of the 50-40-90 club.
    How many times has Steph accomplished that feat, again?

    I'll wait...



    ... We already talked about Gary Payton... Nigga had you stuttering and backtracking like he was shit talking you before a game time tip


    But we haven't yet discussed The Logo, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Isiah Thomas LMAO
    I don't have enough keyboards to destroy your ridiculous argument

    Missed this post....dont explain to me why so and so wasnt the #1 opt...Curry wouldnt have that problem cuz he would be the #1 option on ANY team aside from a team KD is on...wanna know why? Cuz he scores the ball more efficiently than any other wing dickhead...and way more efficiently than KJ ever has (he was very efficient tho, just not more than Curry)

    Just to see how smart some of u are, who had the more efficient game?.....player A shootin 6/12 for 12pts, 50%...or player B shootin 4/10 for 12pts, 40% (all 3pt'ers)...thats why Curry can be "off" nd still be better than ur fav pg lmaooo...he can score the same amount of points for his team while taking 2 less shots bcuz he's so efficient from 3 and shoots at such a high volume....school is in session, boys.

    TH was the leader of Run TMC...and led them where exactly? SMFH

    That's a neat stat for Price, kudos...pretty easy to shoot that when ur not a high volumse shooter...and...ur a good shot taker ie; Korver, Nash, Calderon etc....now shooting that same percentage off of a bad shot off the dribble from 27 feet, much more impressive, especially when u do that and still shoot 40+...again, the diff between Curry.....and the rest lol

    GP has a ring he leeched for and no MVP's, dont compare him to Curry...using raw stats, advanced stats, or just using the eye test and watching them play, he's just not better than him, period...Curry avgd 23.8ppg in 32 mins...GP highest was 24.2...in 41 mins...get it? lol
    Peace_79
  • Peace_79Peace_79 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fuck? ... Give that dude some time to cook
    @peace
    How many all D teams did Magic make bro? Oh...that argument is over now since it doesn't matter ...

    Because he has a Hall of Fame fucking CAREER... Not one HOF-worthy season, dumbass

    If he's not top 3 why did he make the ALL NBA 1st team...which is the FIVE best players in the game...

    No... It means he was voted the top player AT HIS POSITION ... For that season.

    Is Marc Gasol better than Russell Westbrook or Chris Paul?

    Cmon man. This is basic shit... I didn't think it was possible for you to lose any more credibility...

  • coop9889coop9889 Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at all-nba team automatically meaning five best players in the game. Nigga is stupid.

    Not to mention, it's voted on by sportswriters and broadcasters. Not the players themselves.

    So it's not like being all-nba DEFINITIVELY MEANS you're the best at your position.
    Peace_79
  • Chasin BundlezChasin Bundlez Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh...he didn't just make the all NBA first team, he along wit LB were the only ones UNANIMOUSLY voted on the team...dumbass...so on top of being the best at his position for THIS season...in the "Sportswriters and broadcasters" opinions he was one of the 2 best....but wait, they also voted him as MVP in a complete landslide lmao!

    Combine those 2 things And it sounds like he was the best player THIS year!!

    But wait, who are the Sportswriters and broadcasters what do they know...it's all about us the fans...but hold up just a Goddarn minute...was he voted by the FANS as starting pg over Russ and CP3 2 years straight now?

    And correct me if I'm wrong....but who was the leading vote getter in the ASG THIS year? I think it was that Curry fella, no? LMAO

    But who are the fans or the Sportswriters, what do they know ..it's all about us posters on the ill community lmaooo

    Thread...bodied...facts.

    There is no logical argument that can deny he is a top 3 player currently and hands down the best player At the GUARD position....not just pg, guard, period....word.
  • S2JS2J Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fuck? ... Give that dude some time to cook
    Just to show im always 100% objective:

    "He didn't get mvp Cuz he shitted on he media by bringing up Riley post game conferences...press was pissed about that shit."

    Great catch. Didn't think about that and that would explain ZERO votes

    Everything else is horseshit tho
    Peezy_JenkinsPeace_79
  • coop9889coop9889 Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh...he didn't just make the all NBA first team, he along wit LB were the only ones UNANIMOUSLY voted on the team...dumbass...so on top of being the best at his position for THIS season...in the "Sportswriters and broadcasters" opinions he was one of the 2 best....but wait, they also voted him as MVP in a complete landslide lmao!

    Combine those 2 things And it sounds like he was the best player THIS year!!

    But wait, who are the Sportswriters and broadcasters what do they know...it's all about us the fans...but hold up just a Goddarn minute...was he voted by the FANS as starting pg over Russ and CP3 2 years straight now?

    And correct me if I'm wrong....but who was the leading vote getter in the ASG THIS year? I think it was that Curry fella, no? LMAO

    But who are the fans or the Sportswriters, what do they know ..it's all about us posters on the ill community lmaooo

    Thread...bodied...facts.

    There is no logical argument that can deny he is a top 3 player currently and hands down the best player At the GUARD position....not just pg, guard, period....word.

    All these words just to emphasize what I already wrote: These awards aren't voted on by the players, just the media and the fans.

    I didn't vote. Nobody I personally knows ever votes on things like this. More people DONT vote than actually do vote. Steph got 1.5 million votes. The finals averaged something like 19 million viewers. Sooooooooooo...... What did you prove??????

    Lol @ you taking anything all star related serious. Kyrie was all star mvp. So I guess he top 5 all time too? Sit yo dumb ass down
  • Peace_79Peace_79 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fuck? ... Give that dude some time to cook
    "Ay bruh... That nigga got the most Fan Votes for the All Star Game..."

    "He must be Top 5 All Time!"
  • Peace_79Peace_79 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    The Fuck? ... Give that dude some time to cook
    ...Curry ...would be the #1 option on ANY team aside from a team KD is on...

    Can you believe this nigga?

    We talking all time... This nigga just said Steph Curry would be the #1 offensive option on ANY Team ... Except one that includes Kevin Durant...

    Carmello
    Boogie Cousins
    Lebron
    Kobe
    Anthony Davis
    Harden

    Dream
    Jordan
    Shaq
    Kareem
    Bird
    Nique'...

    LMAO
    I can't complete the list.. I just can't...



    1191763_o.gif





    BTW, most would say that scoring is NOT the #1 Responsibility for a Point Gaurd...

    That would be running the offense ...
    A trait that you ignore when comparing some of the greatest PGs of all time ...

    This is one of the biggest flaws in your argument

    You talk like PPG / Scoring is the only metric for evaluating a great player... So much so that you balk at someone averaging 2 less PPG but 3 more APG...

    Guess which stat line contributes more TOTAL points per game, bruh?
    Not to mention defense, rebounding, poise, longevity, leadership, toughness etc

    Stop swinging from dude's nut sack and open your eyes, family

    This is turning from absolutely hilarious to a bit sad
  • Peace_79Peace_79 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    The Fuck? ... Give that dude some time to cook



    16iz5eh.jpg


    464cad74_youneedmorepeople.jpeg
  • playboy buddy roseplayboy buddy rose red hook brooklynPosts: 1,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    top 5 shooters of all time??? yes top 5 pg of all time ??? no but he has the potential down the road to be put in that category
    Peace_79
  • 804804 RVAPosts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tim Hardaway, Mark Price, Steve Nash are not better than Curry.
2
Sign In or Register to comment.