What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Is Steph Curry a Top 5 All Time PG ... Today?

13»

Replies

  • 804804 RVAPosts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    ...Curry ...would be the #1 option on ANY team aside from a team KD is on...

    Can you believe this nigga?

    We talking all time... This nigga just said Steph Curry would be the #1 offensive option on ANY Team ... Except one that includes Kevin Durant...

    Carmello
    Boogie Cousins
    Lebron
    Kobe
    Anthony Davis
    Harden

    Dream
    Jordan
    Shaq
    Kareem
    Bird
    Nique'...

    LMAO
    I can't complete the list.. I just can't...



    1191763_o.gif





    BTW, most would say that scoring is NOT the #1 Responsibility for a Point Gaurd...

    That would be running the offense ...
    A trait that you ignore when comparing some of the greatest PGs of all time ...

    This is one of the biggest flaws in your argument

    You talk like PPG / Scoring is the only metric for evaluating a great player... So much so that you balk at someone averaging 2 less PPG but 3 more APG...

    Guess which stat line contributes more TOTAL points per game, bruh?
    Not to mention defense, rebounding, poise, longevity, leadership, toughness etc

    Stop swinging from dude's nut sack and open your eyes, family

    This is turning from absolutely hilarious to a bit sad

    Point Guard responsibility depends on the personnel. Curry can run an offense just fine. His value is just as high running off of screens as the eventual shooter, or the decoy.
    kobe-bryant.jpg
    tumblr_lpmep20ClE1qjdhtfo1_400.jpg
  • Peace_79Peace_79 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fuck? ... Give that dude some time to cook
    804 wrote: »
    Tim Hardaway, Mark Price, Steve Nash are not better than Curry.

    Wether or not those players were better in their prime than Curry now is an opinion.

    The following are facts through:

    1) each of those players were dynamic and very impactful (dominant in some cases) in their own era

    Rings and scoring are not the only metrics for greatness

    2) each has enjoyed longer, more sustained and (In most cases) more accomplished careers than Curry at this point in Curry's career
    (Although Curry has a accomplished a great deal in a short amount of time)

    I will use an extreme example to illustrate the point. Would you say Lynn Bias is greater than Michael Jordan? What would you think if he played his career out? Impossible to tell. But he had the makings of an All Time player. So does Curry.

    But he could get hurt, he could decline. He could be twice the player he is now with even more accomplishments... Give it time
    804 wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    ...Curry ...would be the #1 option on ANY team aside from a team KD is on...

    Can you believe this nigga?

    We talking all time... This nigga just said Steph Curry would be the #1 offensive option on ANY Team ... Except one that includes Kevin Durant...

    Carmello
    Boogie Cousins
    Lebron
    Kobe
    Anthony Davis
    Harden

    Dream
    Jordan
    Shaq
    Kareem
    Bird
    Nique'...

    LMAO
    I can't complete the list.. I just can't...



    1191763_o.gif





    BTW, most would say that scoring is NOT the #1 Responsibility for a Point Gaurd...

    That would be running the offense ...
    A trait that you ignore when comparing some of the greatest PGs of all time ...

    This is one of the biggest flaws in your argument

    You talk like PPG / Scoring is the only metric for evaluating a great player... So much so that you balk at someone averaging 2 less PPG but 3 more APG...

    Guess which stat line contributes more TOTAL points per game, bruh?
    Not to mention defense, rebounding, poise, longevity, leadership, toughness etc

    Stop swinging from dude's nut sack and open your eyes, family

    This is turning from absolutely hilarious to a bit sad

    Point Guard responsibility depends on the personnel. Curry can run an offense just fine. His value is just as high running off of screens as the eventual shooter, or the decoy.

    I agree with your above statement. And I never insinuated that Curry is incapable of running an offense. But saying he is a better floor general then Isiah Thomas, John Stockton, Magic Johnson, Steve Nash etc is an assumption and a bold one at that.

    You mentioned personnel. Look at Curry's teammates. He has already been playing with a much more talented and deep team than the majority of the Point Guards you compare him with. You assume he will be able to facilitate better and carry a team without that advantage - but it is not a given.

    IMO, the best way to cement your individual greatness when surrounded by a great team, is to win big and win consistently; a la Jordan, Magic etc.

    Curry is on the right track but he has not yet done what those legends have.

    Again.. Let the dude cook for an hour before you put him in the Hall of Fame.
  • 804804 RVAPosts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    804 wrote: »
    Tim Hardaway, Mark Price, Steve Nash are not better than Curry.

    Wether or not those players were better in their prime than Curry now is an opinion.

    The following are facts through:

    1) each of those players were dynamic and very impactful (dominant in some cases) in their own era

    Rings and scoring are not the only metrics for greatness

    2) each has enjoyed longer, more sustained and (In most cases) more accomplished careers than Curry at this point in Curry's career
    (Although Curry has a accomplished a great deal in a short amount of time)

    I will use an extreme example to illustrate the point. Would you say Lynn Bias is greater than Michael Jordan? What would you think if he played his career out? Impossible to tell. But he had the makings of an All Time player. So does Curry.

    But he could get hurt, he could decline. He could be twice the player he is now with even more accomplishments... Give it time
    804 wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    ...Curry ...would be the #1 option on ANY team aside from a team KD is on...

    Can you believe this nigga?

    We talking all time... This nigga just said Steph Curry would be the #1 offensive option on ANY Team ... Except one that includes Kevin Durant...

    Carmello
    Boogie Cousins
    Lebron
    Kobe
    Anthony Davis
    Harden

    Dream
    Jordan
    Shaq
    Kareem
    Bird
    Nique'...

    LMAO
    I can't complete the list.. I just can't...



    1191763_o.gif





    BTW, most would say that scoring is NOT the #1 Responsibility for a Point Gaurd...

    That would be running the offense ...
    A trait that you ignore when comparing some of the greatest PGs of all time ...

    This is one of the biggest flaws in your argument

    You talk like PPG / Scoring is the only metric for evaluating a great player... So much so that you balk at someone averaging 2 less PPG but 3 more APG...

    Guess which stat line contributes more TOTAL points per game, bruh?
    Not to mention defense, rebounding, poise, longevity, leadership, toughness etc

    Stop swinging from dude's nut sack and open your eyes, family

    This is turning from absolutely hilarious to a bit sad

    Point Guard responsibility depends on the personnel. Curry can run an offense just fine. His value is just as high running off of screens as the eventual shooter, or the decoy.

    I agree with your above statement. And I never insinuated that Curry is incapable of running an offense. But saying he is a better floor general then Isiah Thomas, John Stockton, Magic Johnson, Steve Nash etc is an assumption and a bold one at that.

    You mentioned personnel. Look at Curry's teammates. He has already been playing with a much more talented and deep team than the majority of the Point Guards you compare him with. You assume he will be able to facilitate better and carry a team without that advantage - but it is not a given.

    IMO, the best way to cement your individual greatness when surrounded by a great team, is to win big and win consistently; a la Jordan, Magic etc.

    Curry is on the right track but he has not yet done what those legends have.

    Again.. Let the dude cook for an hour before you put him in the Hall of Fame.

    I don't know what Len Bias has to do with Steph Curry, but I'm not gonna get into that. Lol Tim Hardaway played with hall of famers. Mullins, and Richmond at the same time. Steve Nash Played on stacked teams most of his career. Mark Price played on good teams too. That team argument is BS TO me. Magic had hall of famers, Isiah had hall of famers, Stockton a really good hall of famer.

    Stephen is a much better defender against opposing guards than he gets credit for. He's a better defender than Nash by a mile(who isn't it right?), and his steal numbers are almost 2 a game. That's consistent with most great guards.

    Curry is well on his way to being better than most point guards to ever play the game.
    kobe-bryant.jpg
    tumblr_lpmep20ClE1qjdhtfo1_400.jpg
  • coop9889coop9889 Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    804 wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    804 wrote: »
    Tim Hardaway, Mark Price, Steve Nash are not better than Curry.

    Wether or not those players were better in their prime than Curry now is an opinion.

    The following are facts through:

    1) each of those players were dynamic and very impactful (dominant in some cases) in their own era

    Rings and scoring are not the only metrics for greatness

    2) each has enjoyed longer, more sustained and (In most cases) more accomplished careers than Curry at this point in Curry's career
    (Although Curry has a accomplished a great deal in a short amount of time)

    I will use an extreme example to illustrate the point. Would you say Lynn Bias is greater than Michael Jordan? What would you think if he played his career out? Impossible to tell. But he had the makings of an All Time player. So does Curry.

    But he could get hurt, he could decline. He could be twice the player he is now with even more accomplishments... Give it time
    804 wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    ...Curry ...would be the #1 option on ANY team aside from a team KD is on...

    Can you believe this nigga?

    We talking all time... This nigga just said Steph Curry would be the #1 offensive option on ANY Team ... Except one that includes Kevin Durant...

    Carmello
    Boogie Cousins
    Lebron
    Kobe
    Anthony Davis
    Harden

    Dream
    Jordan
    Shaq
    Kareem
    Bird
    Nique'...

    LMAO
    I can't complete the list.. I just can't...



    1191763_o.gif





    BTW, most would say that scoring is NOT the #1 Responsibility for a Point Gaurd...

    That would be running the offense ...
    A trait that you ignore when comparing some of the greatest PGs of all time ...

    This is one of the biggest flaws in your argument

    You talk like PPG / Scoring is the only metric for evaluating a great player... So much so that you balk at someone averaging 2 less PPG but 3 more APG...

    Guess which stat line contributes more TOTAL points per game, bruh?
    Not to mention defense, rebounding, poise, longevity, leadership, toughness etc

    Stop swinging from dude's nut sack and open your eyes, family

    This is turning from absolutely hilarious to a bit sad

    Point Guard responsibility depends on the personnel. Curry can run an offense just fine. His value is just as high running off of screens as the eventual shooter, or the decoy.

    I agree with your above statement. And I never insinuated that Curry is incapable of running an offense. But saying he is a better floor general then Isiah Thomas, John Stockton, Magic Johnson, Steve Nash etc is an assumption and a bold one at that.

    You mentioned personnel. Look at Curry's teammates. He has already been playing with a much more talented and deep team than the majority of the Point Guards you compare him with. You assume he will be able to facilitate better and carry a team without that advantage - but it is not a given.

    IMO, the best way to cement your individual greatness when surrounded by a great team, is to win big and win consistently; a la Jordan, Magic etc.

    Curry is on the right track but he has not yet done what those legends have.

    Again.. Let the dude cook for an hour before you put him in the Hall of Fame.

    I don't know what Len Bias has to do with Steph Curry, but I'm not gonna get into that. Lol Tim Hardaway played with hall of famers. Mullins, and Richmond at the same time. Steve Nash Played on stacked teams most of his career. Mark Price played on good teams too. That team argument is BS TO me. Magic had hall of famers, Isiah had hall of famers, Stockton a really good hall of famer.

    Stephen is a much better defender against opposing guards than he gets credit for. He's a better defender than Nash by a mile(who isn't it right?), and his steal numbers are almost 2 a game. That's consistent with most great guards.

    Curry is well on his way to being better than most point guards to ever play the game.

    The bold is the underlying consensus...

    Those that are saying he is already there is what is premature. I think we all pretty much agree except for the trolls.
    Cowboys 15-16 Superbowl Champs

    #SayNoToBigAssSigs
    Peace_79Peezy_Jenkins
  • Peace_79Peace_79 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fuck? ... Give that dude some time to cook
    804 wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    804 wrote: »
    Tim Hardaway, Mark Price, Steve Nash are not better than Curry.

    Wether or not those players were better in their prime than Curry now is an opinion.

    The following are facts through:

    1) each of those players were dynamic and very impactful (dominant in some cases) in their own era

    Rings and scoring are not the only metrics for greatness

    2) each has enjoyed longer, more sustained and (In most cases) more accomplished careers than Curry at this point in Curry's career
    (Although Curry has a accomplished a great deal in a short amount of time)

    I will use an extreme example to illustrate the point. Would you say Lynn Bias is greater than Michael Jordan? What would you think if he played his career out? Impossible to tell. But he had the makings of an All Time player. So does Curry.

    But he could get hurt, he could decline. He could be twice the player he is now with even more accomplishments... Give it time
    804 wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    ...Curry ...would be the #1 option on ANY team aside from a team KD is on...

    Can you believe this nigga?

    We talking all time... This nigga just said Steph Curry would be the #1 offensive option on ANY Team ... Except one that includes Kevin Durant...

    Carmello
    Boogie Cousins
    Lebron
    Kobe
    Anthony Davis
    Harden

    Dream
    Jordan
    Shaq
    Kareem
    Bird
    Nique'...

    LMAO
    I can't complete the list.. I just can't...



    1191763_o.gif





    BTW, most would say that scoring is NOT the #1 Responsibility for a Point Gaurd...

    That would be running the offense ...
    A trait that you ignore when comparing some of the greatest PGs of all time ...

    This is one of the biggest flaws in your argument

    You talk like PPG / Scoring is the only metric for evaluating a great player... So much so that you balk at someone averaging 2 less PPG but 3 more APG...

    Guess which stat line contributes more TOTAL points per game, bruh?
    Not to mention defense, rebounding, poise, longevity, leadership, toughness etc

    Stop swinging from dude's nut sack and open your eyes, family

    This is turning from absolutely hilarious to a bit sad

    Point Guard responsibility depends on the personnel. Curry can run an offense just fine. His value is just as high running off of screens as the eventual shooter, or the decoy.

    I agree with your above statement. And I never insinuated that Curry is incapable of running an offense. But saying he is a better floor general then Isiah Thomas, John Stockton, Magic Johnson, Steve Nash etc is an assumption and a bold one at that.

    You mentioned personnel. Look at Curry's teammates. He has already been playing with a much more talented and deep team than the majority of the Point Guards you compare him with. You assume he will be able to facilitate better and carry a team without that advantage - but it is not a given.

    IMO, the best way to cement your individual greatness when surrounded by a great team, is to win big and win consistently; a la Jordan, Magic etc.

    Curry is on the right track but he has not yet done what those legends have.

    Again.. Let the dude cook for an hour before you put him in the Hall of Fame.

    Curry is well on his way to being better than most point guards to ever play the game.

    This is the entire thread in one sentence...

    You cannot predict the future
    Peezy_Jenkins
  • bless the childbless the child Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fuck? ... Give that dude some time to cook
    Lmaooooo....remember this dumb shit? Top 5 all time?
    CashmoneyDuxSmokey Tha Bandit
13»
Sign In or Register to comment.