What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Slept on Albums...

blatalianblatalian I B Dat...Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in The Reason
I'm sure there's prolly a thread dedicated to this somewhere out there but it was before my time so I'm gonna start my own...

List some albums you personally felt were slept on or didn't get tha' credit/praise they deserved...my list has albums people prolly know but I rarely hear them being discussed as tha' really strong albums they are...

O.C. ...word...life (classic early 90's East Coast album that got over shadowed by Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, Ready To Die, Enta Da Stage etc etc)
Pharoahe Monch....Internal Affairs (dope lyrics, production, features and creativity thru out)
Camp Lo...Uptown Saturday Night (unique lingo, theme and lyrics)
G Dep...Child Of The Ghetto (w/tha exception of maybe 2 or 3 "filler tracks" this was a dope album wit' gritty lyrics)
Freeway...Philadelphia Freeway (take tha Nelly ft off and drop this any other time than against Get Rich or Die Trying it would/should have caught fire quick)
De La Soul...Stakes Are High (personally I think this is De La Soul's best album...lyrics and production were crazy)
The Roots...doyouwantmore?!!&# (not weak tracks on this album and introduced most people to The Almighty Roots Crew **unless you are one of tha few who know about Organix**)
whoseworldisthis5th LettergrYmeswater ur seedsTHE_R_achewon87macadonwooLincolnbigev240king hassannillerthekidPapaDoc223

Replies

• whoseworldisthiswhoseworldisthis The world is yours...Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    All jokes aside, I never hear anyone talk about the album "Girls I've Got Them Locked" by Superlover Cee and Casanova Rud

The production was ridiculous (R.I.P. Paul C.) and the wordplay was crazy...

hqdefault.jpg

blatalian
  • BenjaminEBenjaminE Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    BTNHResurrection- Bone's 4th album and this was essentially their mainstream swan song.

No Said Date- this came out during the Wu's most dysfunctional time. This album restored the old feelings of the early Wu solo releases. Imo this is one of the best Wu solo albums ever.

Eardrum- Talib's 3rd album and Imo it's his best album. Amazing lyrics over dope production.

Whoa... co-sign... get out of my head bro...
    Check out the album Circa 83.
    Learn more about Benjamin E's Circa 83 on his wordpress: b3njamin3.wordpress.com
    Contact Benjamin E on Gmail: benjaminecirca83@gmail.com
    Follow him at Twitter.com/ebenjaminm
    5th Letter
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double Up wasn't a good album
    tumblr_mldz8wN84X1rc2u19o2_400.gif

icUWzM.gif

Top 10:
    Jay Electronica
    Blu
    Fashawn
    Elzhi
    Phonte
    MF Doom
    Lil B
    Kebee
    Verbal Jint
    Wretch 32
    water ur seedsgenocidecutterCutler 26 INT's LOL!
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 17,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double Up wasn't a good album

Schitt is a classic... I preferred it to 'Harlem World'...
    'The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.'

aUPgli.gif
    Like WaterCashmoneyDuxCP203
  • murdapmurdap "they are what we thought they were and we let them off the hook"Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Snoop dogg -Da game is to be sol not told
    Ranxxmarc123
  • tharealest561tharealest561 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MI0000216313.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

MI0001387813.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

B.G._-_Checkmate.jpg

41cPlU1Fi7L.jpg

C-Murder x Boosie Bad Azz NEW ALBUM "Penitentiary Chances" April 15, 2016
    genocidecutterpachá12CP203
  • Brother_FiveBrother_Five Road to PerditionPosts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall posting a lot of critically acclaimed albums...
    TheGOAT
  • GunTownGunTown Posts: 3,489
    Reasonable Doubt was slept on by the public/mainstream as it didn't even go platinum when it came out and this was the case for alot of years

It is Jay Z's best album and his most critically acclaimed but his lowest selling album ever

Top 10 Greatest Of All Time Hip-Hop Artists/Musicians

1. Eminem
    2. Z-Ro
    3. B.o.B
    4. DMX
    5. 50 Cent
    6. Kid Cudi
    7. Max B
    8. Devin The Dude
    9. Rich Homie Quan
    10. Wiz Khalifa

2v9r808.jpg