Straight Outta Compton Movie - Official Thread (8-14)

12021222325

Replies

  • kingblaze84kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopPosts: 14,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Koltrain wrote: »
    Does anyone else think there is going to be a part two??? The way it ended with Suge going: 'Hey what you gonna call the label' and Dre turning around and going '... Aftermath' (lol btw) kinda leads me to think a part two will be on the way...

    A sequel would only dilute a movie like this. This movie is going to be a classic and it dropped with perfect timing.

    I agree. I do want them to follow up on Pac's legendary career and I wouldn't even mind a movie on Deathrow, that's another epic story. That could all be done in the same movie if done right.
    Koltrain
  • kingblaze84kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopPosts: 14,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    they need to hbo that shit or starz even netfix. could possibly be the greatest series ever made.

    That would be amazing
    SELASI_i
  • $ineedmoney$$ineedmoney$ The bushes is watchin'... Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dre, Eazy & Ren @ the club...

    Eazy: "Nice jacket Dre...lol..."

    Dre: "Maaan...This Alonzo's shyt...*snatches off jacket, crumples it, and tossed it*

    lol...
  • J.J._EvansJ.J._Evans Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/06/box-office-report-labor-day-war-room-straight-outta-compton
    After three consecutive weekends at the top, Straight Outta Compton finally relinquished its hold on first place, falling to the faith-based drama War Room during a sleepy Labor Day weekend.

    War Room took a clear lead after three days, earning an estimated $9.4 million in 1,526 locations, and it ended Labor Day weekend with an estimated $12.6 million.

    Even though Straight Outta Compton failed to secure first place, it still added a solid $8.8 million over three days and $11.1 million over four to its record-breaking run. As of Monday, it’s only a few thousand dollars short of breaking $150 million domestically. The N.W.A. biopic was the breakout hit of late summer, opening to a whopping $60.2 million and becoming the biggest musical biopic of all time.

    I applaud 'Straight Outta Compton' for breaking $150 million, but I don't quite understand how the media is saying that they fell to #2 for the 3 day weekend when the 3 day weekend is not officially over until tonight.
  • gemini86gemini86 Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant wait to get the DVD. i kinda hate how theres alot of ppl speaking out against the movie now because it became "too cool to like it." all of a sudden people saying the movie is fake and Dre was a super hero, or the movie was corny. Society is really fucked up
    D0wnjust.might.b.okTsotsi Cape Town
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 16,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gemini86 wrote: »
    cant wait to get the DVD. i kinda hate how theres alot of ppl speaking out against the movie now because it became "too cool to like it." all of a sudden people saying the movie is fake and Dre was a super hero, or the movie was corny. Society is really fucked up

    Wait, people are saying its wack??? I havnt heard that... Ive heard people say there are some inaccuracies but thats about it...
  • gemini86gemini86 Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gemini86 wrote: »
    cant wait to get the DVD. i kinda hate how theres alot of ppl speaking out against the movie now because it became "too cool to like it." all of a sudden people saying the movie is fake and Dre was a super hero, or the movie was corny. Society is really fucked up

    Wait, people are saying its wack??? I havnt heard that... Ive heard people say there are some inaccuracies but thats about it...

    yea i read it here and there over the net. i just think some people are weird. they must be from the south
    dj pre-k
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 16,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gemini86 wrote: »
    gemini86 wrote: »
    cant wait to get the DVD. i kinda hate how theres alot of ppl speaking out against the movie now because it became "too cool to like it." all of a sudden people saying the movie is fake and Dre was a super hero, or the movie was corny. Society is really fucked up

    Wait, people are saying its wack??? I havnt heard that... Ive heard people say there are some inaccuracies but thats about it...

    yea i read it here and there over the net. i just think some people are weird. they must be from the south

    Strange Ive only heard good things, but like I said even Ive pointed out some inaccuracies but said its too be expected due to it being a movie...
  • newOldSchoolnewOldSchool Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    gemini86 wrote: »
    gemini86 wrote: »
    cant wait to get the DVD. i kinda hate how theres alot of ppl speaking out against the movie now because it became "too cool to like it." all of a sudden people saying the movie is fake and Dre was a super hero, or the movie was corny. Society is really fucked up

    Wait, people are saying its wack??? I havnt heard that... Ive heard people say there are some inaccuracies but thats about it...

    yea i read it here and there over the net. i just think some people are weird. they must be from the south

    Strange Ive only heard good things, but like I said even Ive pointed out some inaccuracies but said its too be expected due to it being a movie...

    Some things could have easily gotten right. The New Music Festival fight was before "No Vaseline." Pac recording "Hail Mary" during the "All Eyes On Me" days wasn't accurate. Dre already having his verse recorded and laid down for Deep Cover when meeting Snoop, when we all know Snoop wrote Deep Cover and Dre's part. All of that shit is inaccurate as hell but that for one second didn't take away from my enjoyment of the movie. My favorite scene's are the most fictional scenes of the movie. The opening scene, in my opinion, is the best scene of the movie and that was total fiction if you talk about accurate. but you get the idea Easy sold dope. You remember the Battering Rams out here in L.A. Those things are fact but maybe they didn't cross paths like they did in the movie but you get the idea of the times and the character. There was nothing "FAKE" about the movie.
    Trillfate
  • rapmusicrapmusic Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally saw the movie.. I know that people are asking about other possible rap biopics but I don't know if any can top this.. I mean people are mad about the NWA movie leaving out stuff that has nothing to do with the music.. who else in rap has as interesting a story as NWA? People say a Wu Tang biopic would be good, but who else's story from the Wu would be as interesting as Ol Dirty? Luke should get one but I'm not sure it will do that well. I know it would kill in the south but I don't know about in the other areas. People care more about the artists personal lives more so than the music. Straight Outta Compton was so well done that I don't see anybody making a movie close to that.
    Tsotsi Cape Town
  • gemini86gemini86 Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im a new yorker and wu tang is just overrated to me. they had some hits but ODB is annoying, how the fuck is he a legend (with all due respect.) the only dope ones were Meth ghost and raekwon. RZA shows how corny hee is every day. his acting is terrible too.
    freshb651SELASI_iLouis DevinearSuperManuelIntelligent_Hoodlum will grimey
  • Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 41,618 Regulator
    There's so many stories from Deathrow, that a movie, if done right, would be great. But I'd rather see it as a series.
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 16,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gemini86 wrote: »
    gemini86 wrote: »
    cant wait to get the DVD. i kinda hate how theres alot of ppl speaking out against the movie now because it became "too cool to like it." all of a sudden people saying the movie is fake and Dre was a super hero, or the movie was corny. Society is really fucked up

    Wait, people are saying its wack??? I havnt heard that... Ive heard people say there are some inaccuracies but thats about it...

    yea i read it here and there over the net. i just think some people are weird. they must be from the south

    Strange Ive only heard good things, but like I said even Ive pointed out some inaccuracies but said its too be expected due to it being a movie...

    Some things could have easily gotten right. The New Music Festival fight was before "No Vaseline." Pac recording "Hail Mary" during the "All Eyes On Me" days wasn't accurate. Dre already having his verse recorded and laid down for Deep Cover when meeting Snoop, when we all know Snoop wrote Deep Cover and Dre's part. All of that shit is inaccurate as hell but that for one second didn't take away from my enjoyment of the movie. My favorite scene's are the most fictional scenes of the movie. The opening scene, in my opinion, is the best scene of the movie and that was total fiction if you talk about accurate. but you get the idea Easy sold dope. You remember the Battering Rams out here in L.A. Those things are fact but maybe they didn't cross paths like they did in the movie but you get the idea of the times and the character. There was nothing "FAKE" about the movie.


    Yeah Ive already pointed out them inaccuracies a page or two back, but its a movie its expected there would be a few inaccuracies, they do things in a movie like you say with the first seen, to get points across... I guess that 'Hail Mary' from Pac is pretty strong and well known so fits the bill...
  • SuperManuelSuperManuel I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    But ...onto my favorite part of the film ....NO QUESTION it had to be when they were recording boyz in the hood ....and them goofy ass east coast niggas didn't know what the fuck how the fuck or where the fuck to begin ...I mean when them dusty ass east coast niggas got they goofy fake LL Cool J looking kangol hat wearing asses tossed the fuck up out the studio and checked by them WESTSIDE niggas with a bottle of Yak the WHOLE DAMN CROWD OUT HERE WAS LAUGHING AT THEM east coast niggas ...LMAOOOOOOO ....now that shit was some of the best cinematography that I've seen in years ..straight riveting ...for that scene alone this movie deserves the academy award ...fucking sag awards all that shit ...brilliant and ACCURATE on how them east coast niggas looked back in the days baby! I LOVED IT!!







    WESTSIDE.

    I found it more funny that they were talking about some niggas wearing Kangol hats while they had heads full of wet, greasy ass jerry curls and just moments prior Yella & Dre was skating around looking like rejects from Prince's Revolution. Lonzo had them tightening up both seconds prior and seconds after like prostitutes being approached by their pimp when their money is short. Irony be working like that though.

    x2_69ecd20.jpg



    DUSTY ASS BUCKTOOTH EAST COAST NIGGAS TRYNA BRING THEM JHERI CURLS BACK THO .....I MEAN ..THEY ALWAYS LOVED THAT REALLLL WESTSIDE SHIT.....THATS WHY YOU WAS AT THE MOVIE TO BEGIN WITH.... LMAOOOOO











    BESTSIDE>>>>

    i remember when jheri curls was a national thing and niggas in every state wore them. never wore that shit though it was weird growing up having friends and classmates wearing that shit. i guess they thought it was cool because it michael jackson wore it.
  • gee757gee757 Posts: 25,238
    edited October 2015
    FishNChips wrote: »
    @gee757 this isn't a comedy mate, it's essentially a biopic, for lack of a better word.

    Austin powers plz like I said this shit was a comedy I laufed all thru out this fictious biopic....wen I seen pac doing hail Mary i was like wtf is this? But besides 75% of this flick being fake I enjoyed it its a good get high & lauf flick

    CMZSrxUWUAE2Swy.jpg
  • just.might.b.okjust.might.b.ok Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In real life Suge probably had more dogs and had them attack Dre (and his bodyguards) on his way out.
  • harry knucklezharry knucklez Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    In real life Suge probably had more dogs and had them attack Dre (and his bodyguards) on his way out.

    In real life, Dre left without telling anybody, not even the folks he worked the closest with like Sam Sneed. In fact, Dre leaving pretty much the reason why Sam Sneed got beat up. But imagine what would've happened if Dre really did make the announcement like he did in the movie....
    just.might.b.okwater ur seeds
  • Tsotsi Cape TownTsotsi Cape Town Cape Town Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In real life Suge probably had more dogs and had them attack Dre (and his bodyguards) on his way out.

    In real life, Dre left without telling anybody, not even the folks he worked the closest with like Sam Sneed. In fact, Dre leaving pretty much the reason why Sam Sneed got beat up. But imagine what would've happened if Dre really did make the announcement like he did in the movie....

    Suge beat that ass and prolly catch a case LOL
  • just.might.b.okjust.might.b.ok Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We hangin out the window, its about to be a Suge night
    Tsotsi Cape Towneternal soldieratribecalledgabi
  • eternal soldiereternal soldier Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only movie I could see topping this one if they castes properly is a biopic on 2Pac
    Tsotsi Cape TownOlorun22
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 16,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    Since this thread was bumped by somebody, here are the numbers as of last week...........
    As of October 22, 2015, Straight Outta Compton has grossed $161.1 million in North America and $38.5 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $199.5 million, against a budget of $28 million.

    If Dre put his own money up he may of hit that billion dollar mark now...
This discussion has been closed.