The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Coming Soon "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2"

Replies

• BetaBeta Kodi Gang Posts: 54,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    I hate y'all...

Niggas wanna know the plots to movies in addition to the trailers that's gonna reveal too much

Im going to see this movie on its midnight release.

Im going to come home and PM you every fucking detail about the film.

I dont have to read it though..ha
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 23,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah that's bullsht. He's been saying since after avengers 2 that he's gonna keep coming back as long as marvel wants him. This was basically an oped from his previous words

Things change, man. One thing that has been common about the MCU is that actors have complained about it being very demanding. Him feeling a certain way after two movies doesn't mean he'll feel that same way after five. That said, the article says the reason for him wanting to leave is because he can't do any other projects. I don't know how true that is. Scarlett has been in just as many movies as him, and she's done a number of things since joining up.
    313 wayz
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 31,621 Regulator
    Oh yeah that's bullsht. He's been saying since after avengers 2 that he's gonna keep coming back as long as marvel wants him. This was basically an oped from his previous words

Things change, man. One thing that has been common about the MCU is that actors have complained about it being very demanding. Him feeling a certain way after two movies doesn't mean he'll feel that same way after five. That said, the article says the reason for him wanting to leave is because he can't do any other projects. I don't know how true that is. Scarlett has been in just as many movies as him, and she's done a number of things since joining up.

Yeah he first said he didn't want to. Last 2 years he said he wants to do it . This article doesn't provide any evidence he feels not doing it anymore . So this is all bullshit
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher E.L.E.: Everybody Love Everybody Arkham AsylumPosts: 46,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too feel its a bit of an over reaction. There were rumors of Evans leaving before, but he started doing all those interviews saying "Nobodies going to take my job". At the same time though it could have just been him trying to make things seem ok. But like Mikey said, Evans didnt straight up say "im leaving" just expressed frustration with having to get back into Cap shape.
  • blue_londonblue_london Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭
    I read that they are going to reboot it. Winter soldier and civil war are the best marvel solo films. I'm going to be in denial
    Lou_Cypher
  • BetaBeta Kodi Gang Posts: 54,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16
  • Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 40,326 Regulator
    I read that they are going to reboot it. Winter soldier and civil war are the best marvel solo films. I'm going to be in denial

They far from done with this universe so no reboot
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher E.L.E.: Everybody Love Everybody Arkham AsylumPosts: 46,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spider-Man Venom Spinoff Gets A Release Date

The Marvel universe is expanding yet again, but this time in an unexpected way. It seems the Spider-Man universe will spawn a new solo Venom film, which has now been slated for October 5, 2018.

The tweet came from Exhibitor Relations, saying "Watch out, Spider-man. VENOM is now part of the release calendar web as Sony has slated the Spidey spinoff for October 5, 2018."

The project was teased before in the Sony emails, but plans had moved away from that at some point. Now it seems the character is once again going to be a big part of the universe.

The official Spider-Man: Homecoming synopsis is listed below.

A young Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Tom Holland), who made his sensational debut in Captain America: Civil War, begins to navigate his newfound identity as the web-slinging super hero in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Thrilled by his experience with the Avengers, Peter returns home, where he lives with his Aunt May (Marisa Tomei), under the watchful eye of his new mentor Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.). Peter tries to fall back into his normal daily routine – distracted by thoughts of proving himself to be more than just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man – but when the Vulture (Michael Keaton) emerges as a new villain, everything that Peter holds most important will be threatened.

The cast includes Tom Holland, Michael Keaton, Zendaya, Donald Glover, Jacob Batalon, Laura Harrier, Tony Revolori, Tyne Daly, Bokeem Woodbine, with Marisa Tomei, and Robert Downey Jr. It also includes Jon Favreau, Martin Starr, Kenneth Choi, Michael Mando, Selenis Leyva, Isabella Amara, Jorge Lendeborg, Jr., JJ Totah, and Hannibal Buress.

Next up for Marvel is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on May 5, 2017. Spider-Man: Homecoming lands on July 7, 2017, followed by Thor: Ragnarok on November 3, 2017. After that Black Panther debuts on February 16, 2018, while Avengers: Infinity War hits theaters on May 4, 2018. Ant-Man and the Wasp is slated for July 6, 2018, followed by Captain Marvel on March 8, 2019.

http://comicbook.com/2017/03/16/spider-man-venom-spinoff-gets-a-release-date/
    Spider-Man Venom Spinoff Film Nabs Director

It’s been a busy day for Spider-Man fans. Not only did audiences learn the exact premiere date of Sony’s spin-off Venom flick, but a director has already been attached to the project as well.

According to reports, it looks like Alex Kurtzman will be directing the film. Fans will know the director from his work on The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and The Mummy.

Here’s what Exhibitor Relations had to say about the director:

“Alex Kurtzman, writer of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 and director of THE MUMMY reboot will be at the helm of Sony's VENOM.”

The official Spider-Man: Homecoming synopsis is listed below.

A young Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Tom Holland), who made his sensational debut in Captain America: Civil War, begins to navigate his newfound identity as the web-slinging super hero in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Thrilled by his experience with the Avengers, Peter returns home, where he lives with his Aunt May (Marisa Tomei), under the watchful eye of his new mentor Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.). Peter tries to fall back into his normal daily routine – distracted by thoughts of proving himself to be more than just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man – but when the Vulture (Michael Keaton) emerges as a new villain, everything that Peter holds most important will be threatened.

http://comicbook.com/2017/03/16/spider-man-venom-spinoff-film-nabs-director/
    Agrv2385
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16
  • Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 40,326 Regulator
    I wonder what's next. I'm sure son RDJ is gonna be done with IR, SLJ is already pretty much done with Nick Fury, Chris Evans is done after IW.

Hulk and Thor might be you're last ones left
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 31,621 Regulator
    As solo movies yeah theyll be done but I think Thor and hulk might be the only ones that'll still be avengers imo. RDJ might show up in movies like he's doing now though. I think either captain America or iron man dies though. Might be cap only cuz he's basically rh most lovable character . Yeah stark is more popular but cap will hit us more emotionally
    How much of everything bad in the cinematic universe be traced back to Odin treating Loki like shit?
    StoneColdMikeysapp08_2001SimptimusLEMZUS
    edited March 17
    I've addressed this before, but if Thanos is that big of a threat in the mcu, wouldn't Thor of all people suspect him as public enemy #1? He did kind of allud to this at the end of AoU.

Sidenote, how would knowing thanos bankrolled loki's earth invasion change things? Maybe not at all, maybe more than we think? I think Hemdall may play a bigger role in Ragnorak or IW when Thanos arrives.

I'm bored and wide awake lol
    I've addressed this before, but if Thanos is that big of a threat in the mcu, wouldn't Thor of all people suspect him as public enemy #1? He did kind of allud to this at the end of AoU.

Sidenote, how would knowing thanos bankrolled loki's earth invasion change things? Maybe not at all, maybe more than we think? I think Hemdall may play a bigger role in Ragnorak or IW when Thanos arrives.

What would make you think that Thor would know about Thanos just because Thanos is a big threat in the MCU at large? It's not like Thor is omnipotent. From what we've seen his knowledge is pretty limited to Asgard and the realms that have regular contact with Asgard. I'm not saying he doesn't know anything about the rest of the universe, but we haven't seen anything to suggest that Thor would be knowledgeable about threats that might be half a galaxy away.

What would make you think that Thor would know about Thanos just because Thanos is a big threat in the MCU at large? It's not like Thor is omnipotent. From what we've seen his knowledge is pretty limited to Asgard and the realms that have regular contact with Asgard. I'm not saying he doesn't know anything about the rest of the universe, but we haven't seen anything to suggest that Thor would be knowledgeable about threats that might be half a galaxy away.

He damn sure suspected somebody was pulling Loki's strings.
    Fans are giving much better reviews to Iron fist than critics have given
    CJnj2089sapp08_2001

Yeah, he has some ideas based on what's happened. What does that have to do with his general knowledge of the MCU at large.

Yeah, he has some ideas based on what's happened. What does that have to do with his general knowledge of the MCU at large.

Thanos has enough power to give that army to Loki for an earth invasion, also to reveal the secrets of the tesseract to Loki, which even Thor seems shocked at. I have a feeling Thor knew the entire time thanos was behind it all, he just needs confirmation and he went to find it after AoU.

Look at how Thor reacted when Loki told him he knew the secrets of the tesseract. That tells a lot.
    I wonder who Stallone is playing
  • nickel-us Pnickel-us P Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rumors out saying that Life movie Sony put out is a prequel for venom. Ion believe it though
    Betasapp08_2001
  • iron man1iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerPosts: 28,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rumors out saying that Life movie Sony put out is a prequel for venom. Ion believe it though

Stop it lol
    IamNumberOneCain

Thanos has enough power to give that army to Loki for an earth invasion, also to reveal the secrets of the tesseract to Loki, which even Thor seems shocked at. I have a feeling Thor knew the entire time thanos was behind it all, he just needs confirmation and he went to find it after AoU.

Look at how Thor reacted when Loki told him he knew the secrets of the tesseract. That tells a lot.

It's a big universe man, and again, we've never seen Thor interact with anyone outside of Asgard and the adjoining realms.