The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Spider-Man:Homecoming"

Replies

• Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 42,558 Regulator
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 49,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    So called "evidence" of the fantastic four in the next mcu phase and possibly infinity war.

Marvel has recently turned the Fantastic Four merchandise machine back on.

Hulk actor Mark Ruffalo said Marvel would be revealing some new footage and it would “blow people’s minds.”

The plot of Spider-Man Homecoming involved Tony Stark selling Stark Tower to unknown buyers. There’s another superhero team that operates out of a tower in NYC… The Fantastic Four

Fox suddenly has the rights to produce X-Men TV series, when that was off limits before. Could they have traded film rights for The Fantastic Four?

I've read rumors on Reddit a long time ago that said the f4 rights were traded for xmen tv rights. Said they were of course keeping it under wraps but with the rumor popping back up now I hope it's true. F4 in the mcu would be incredible and would bring the perfect characters into the mix to continue past phase 3

How do you think they would be introduced?

I don't even know haha. James gunn confirmed he's been talking with marvel about phase 4 and they are working on going more cosmic so maybe they could pop up as astronauts caught up in a fight between a hero and villain in space? Hell if marvel did get the rights, I wouldn't even be mad if they did a total origin story movie since I didn't see the recent oNE.

The thought of Doom and galactus and surfer being in the mcu is epic though. I'm sure they have a ton of other dope villains I don't even know about too.
  • nickel-us Pnickel-us P Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 42,558 Regulator
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    texas409freshb651metal face terroristsapp08_2001infamous114illestni99ainneMaywood
  • thegreatunknownthegreatunknown Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just came back from seeing Homecoming. It was ok. Maybe I'm burnt out with the Spider-man story line/reboots, I don't know. The kid who played Ned was funny, Zendeya(sp?) was good as the sarcastic Daria-esque chick. Michael Keaton was a perfect choice. Garcelle has early-onset Larry Holmes Disease...

Maywoodjmol
  • Huey_CHuey_C I'm a fucking prick.. Lord Huey Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate this mf smh
    Joker_De_La_LoverMaywood
    My 5 contenders for defeating Thanos;

Hulk - Hulk would be a formidable foe for even Thanos. The angrier Hulk gets, the more powerful Hulk gets. Maybe Hulk gets left out the majority of the fighting somehow. Finally, Hulk gets his hands on the infinity gauntlet and uses it to destroy Thanos. Then uses his Hulk strength to destroy the gauntlet.

Ant Man - Imagine getting every single ant on earth to simultaneously use the combined massive strength to somehow defeat Thanos. Unlikely, but you never know.

Gamora - Thanos favorite. One of the likely candidates to defeat the Mad Titan.

Nebula - The other likely candidate and most likely. A serious grudge against Thanos for her deformity will create an anger that she will use against her adoptive father. This will be good to see.

Thor - The God of Thunder. Literally being a God will have him being one of Thanos greatest opponents. Especially if Odin gets involved.
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebula defeats thanos
  • fortyacresfortyacres Posts: 3,028 Regulator
    My money is on Tom Holland(Spidermayne) rocking the gauntlet and defeating thanos.

but i have drax actually killing Thanos.

404_thanksobama.gif
    source.gif

• MorganFreemanKingMorganFreemanKing Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Hulk is getting taken out early judt yo show how serious the threat of Thanos is

I would like it to be Drax but this aint the same Drax that actually did so in the source material. He's not built like that.

Nebula and Gamora simultaneously seems like a good idea storywise.
    King Of The South = Gold Medalist @ the Special Olympics
  • iron man1iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerPosts: 29,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hulk - Hulk would be a formidable foe for even Thanos. The angrier Hulk gets, the more powerful Hulk gets. Maybe Hulk gets left out the majority of the fighting somehow. Finally, Hulk gets his hands on the infinity gauntlet and uses it to destroy Thanos. Then uses his Hulk strength to destroy the gauntlet.

Ant Man - Imagine getting every single ant on earth to simultaneously use the combined massive strength to somehow defeat Thanos. Unlikely, but you never know.

Nebula - The other likely candidate and most likely. A serious grudge against Thanos for her deformity will create an anger that she will use against her adoptive father. This will be good to see.

Thor - The God of Thunder. Literally being a God will have him being one of Thanos greatest opponents. Especially if Odin gets involved.

Hulk hasn't even displayed his getting stronger ability
    Thor is nerfed and will probably get bodied like hulk to show how powerful Thanos is.
    tumblr_nycwg4lQ121qzco77o1_500.gif

Hulkbuster_suit_up_660_12fps_256c.0_zpsmvju6kap.gif

[img][/img]images-4_zpspafe6bfb.jpg
    sapp08_2001MorganFreemanKingCain
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think Marvel does have F4 back, the reason why is they have been missing from the comics for a year 1/2 and now they magically show up again for the comic infinity event
    Lou_CypherJoker_De_La_Loversapp08_2001
    iron man1 wrote: »

Hulk hasn't even displayed his getting stronger ability
    Thor is nerfed and will probably get bodied like hulk to show how powerful Thanos is.

The fact it hasn't been displayed doesn't necessarily rule it out.
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    sapp08_2001Breezy_KilroyMorganFreemanKing
    I put stock into my Hulk theory because he isn't in the trailer description
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    who beats in the comics ? Adam Warlock
    nj2089 wrote: »

Adam Warlock has been confirmed to appear in Guardians of The Galaxy Vol 3 and NOT Infinity War
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    sapp08_2001
  • MaywoodMaywood Never Told On NobodyPosts: 1,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that description of the movie sounds like the greatest shit ever man

What Page I missed that shhhh..lol
    Say No More
  • nickel-us Pnickel-us P Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I didn't read that
    Like Water
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 42,697 Regulator

With or without the guantlet Thanos is as strong or stronger the Hulk so pure strength will not be him. Thor's hammer will be his go to but the preview of his upcoming movie shows that being destroyed by Hela.

I honestly think that it will take another character we haven't seen to stop Thanos
    I mod without feelings or remorse.

Just been through it all man
    Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    What the fuck else can happen yo?
    I dont think much more son, word to mother yo
    We done seen it all, and been through it all yo
    Let y'all niggaz know right now
    Word to mother, for real, for real
    I aint ever goin back
  • MorganFreemanKingMorganFreemanKing Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanos gives up his body to become Eternity(?) Which then leaves the Gaumtlet behind for Nebula, who clearly aint the G Thanos is so she's overtaken by when Warlock uses the Soul Gem to disrupt the others
    King Of The South = Gold Medalist @ the Special Olympics
    Cainnj2089