Damn it's been ten days....RIP OP
    tumblr_inline_oiifvz7hQg1rzssji_500.gif

mrrealoneMelqartYoung Stef
  • MelqartMelqart Epistemophilic Pronounced Malk-artPosts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordZuko wrote: »

U might just be right... bruh has even signed in since or nothin lmao
    244eij6.jpg
    In silence there must be movement, and in motion, there must be silence.
    Small movement is better than big,
    No movement is better than small.
    Silence is the Mother of all movement.
    In Movement you should be like a Dragon or a Tiger.
    In Non-Movement you should be like a Buddha.
    --Wang Xiangzhai
    Thereal_ba
  • BiblicalAtheist BiblicalAtheist Prude FieldsPosts: 14,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordZuko wrote: »

Idk, he didn't even post for 5 mths before this thread. Guess he got a life outside the IC, what a loser.
    Young Stef
  • onthaflyonthafly Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm alive ya'll. Didn't go through with the divorce. Ready to file again though but not sure if I should try to make it work for the kids. It's not just the laziness. She's not the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. I also don't find her attractive. Hoping somebody can convince me that it's the right call.
    Help out a struggling white family - http://www.gofundme.com/no11vs

or

Support our troops - http://www.gofundme.com/nodk0o
    ChiCityLurkristocrat illestni99ainneAjackson17
  • BiblicalAtheist BiblicalAtheist Prude FieldsPosts: 14,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Choose the path that brings the least guilt/regret.
    onthafly
    I think that says it all. It's a choice between guilt and regret. If I don't leave I'm always going to regret it and will probably hate myself for it. I don't know whether or not I'd feel guilt.

If I do leave I don't feel like I'll have any regrets in the long run. I can't say for sure whether or not I'd guilt feel any guilt but it could be a possibility.

or

• KatKat Don't @ Me to Dumb Shit. H-TownPosts: 48,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember that you're not only depriving yourself, you're depriving her. There's no chance for either of you achieving happiness under the circumstances you've described.

Just don't abandon your children.
    onthaflyCinco
  • KoltrainKoltrain Mr. MOPosts: 3,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh you sound like you have trouble being decisive overall. Nobody here is going to convince you either way. I know its tough when kids are involved...but you gotta start making some decisions and stop analyzing.. Don't leave nothing up for interpretation. And sounds like you should seek full custody.
  • Mister B.Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dog, STOP STAYING WITH PEOPLE FOR KIDS.

Eventually, they'll grow up and move out. You're still gonna be stuck with her. And if your kids find out that fact, they may resent you for thinking they was a "chore."

If you're truly unhappy, and therapy/counseling hasn't worked, you gotta do what you gotta do. Who knows: this may force her to get off her ass (your thoughts), and do something.
    mirthewriter.wordpress.com
    Read that jawn....
    onthafly
  • nex ginnex gin Keep It Simple Stupid Posts: 10,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    onthafly wrote: »
    I think that says it all. It's a choice between guilt and regret. If I don't leave I'm always going to regret it and will probably hate myself for it. I don't know whether or not I'd feel guilt.

If I do leave I don't feel like I'll have any regrets in the long run. I can't say for sure whether or not I'd guilt feel any guilt but it could be a possibility.

Bruh....take it from me. Get the fuck out of that shit asap. It may seem tough now, but it doesn't get any easier. You have to do what's right for you and your children. Don't waste the best years of your life stuck in an unhappy, unfulfilling relationship. I made that mistake once. Never again.
    The person who controls your anger controls you.

The conventional mind is passive. It consumes information and
    regurgitates it in familiar forms. The dimensional mind is active
    transforming everything it digests into something new & original,
    creating instead of consuming.

Excuses don't solve problems.

Life is a series of serious choices
    Theories are formed from experience, never mysterious forces
    onthaflyCincoonetoughmiracle
    nex gin wrote: »
    onthafly wrote: »

Bruh....take it from me. Get the fuck out of that shit asap. It may seem tough now, but it doesn't get any easier. You have to do what's right for you and your children. Don't waste the best years of your life stuck in an unhappy, unfulfilling relationship. I made that mistake once. Never again.

You mind sharing your story?

or

• pissedoffnobodypissedoffnobody Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister B. wrote: »

Eventually, they'll grow up and move out. You're still gonna be stuck with her. And if your kids find out that fact, they may resent you for thinking they was a "chore."

If you're truly unhappy, and therapy/counseling hasn't worked, you gotta do what you gotta do. Who knows: this may force her to get off her ass (your thoughts), and do something.

Agreed. "Make yourself happy or let others make you miserable". Stand by and support your kids as long as they try do right, even if they fuck up and stumble along the way, but if your life partner isn't actually the partner you want and need anymore, better to leave and try find someone else than stay in the spot that's making you both unhappy and tense, trying to fix problems that may just be the result of differing expectations and desires in life. You can spend more time coping and compensating or you can try invest time in changing and celebrating the things and people in life you'd rather be involved with.

People grow, people change, sometimes people need to just move on having learned what they can from each other so they can become something new and different. I personally wouldn't try shift blame onto your wife, just accept that some people's travels through life come to an end when their paths diverge due to their own personal needs. Try to get an agreement in place to be equal co-parents and try not to make it about her or you, just that the relationship isn't working the way you think it should and as such you'd rather change the relationship as is to something that'd benefit all involved better. Your futures as well as that of your kids is what matters most in the end, not any emotions or histrionics because you're not the people who fell in love with each other anymore and are now just the people living together for the sake of keeping things the same and kind of safe.
    onthaflydeadeye
    Mister B. wrote: »

Agreed. "Make yourself happy or let others make you miserable". Stand by and support your kids as long as they try do right, even if they fuck up and stumble along the way, but if your life partner isn't actually the partner you want and need anymore, better to leave and try find someone else than stay in the spot that's making you both unhappy and tense, trying to fix problems that may just be the result of differing expectations and desires in life. You can spend more time coping and compensating or you can try invest time in changing and celebrating the things and people in life you'd rather be involved with.

People grow, people change, sometimes people need to just move on having learned what they can from each other so they can become something new and different. I personally wouldn't try shift blame onto your wife, just accept that some people's travels through life come to an end when their paths diverge due to their own personal needs. Try to get an agreement in place to be equal co-parents and try not to make it about her or you, just that the relationship isn't working the way you think it should and as such you'd rather change the relationship as is to something that'd benefit all involved better. Your futures as well as that of your kids is what matters most in the end, not any emotions or histrionics because you're not the people who fell in love with each other anymore and are now just the people living together for the sake of keeping things the same and kind of safe.

Not sure I was ever really in love but I hear you. I'd like to stay on good terms to make co-parenting work but I know she'll take it harder because she probably feels like she has everything she could ever want right now and wont be able to have it that good again. I gotta do what's right for me and my kids though.

or

2»