What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Build a PC thread

Replies

• TonyDubbzTonyDubbz Realest Nigga Livin' Regulator Posts: 19,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP21 wrote: »
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Help... me

what's your budget?

Shit can I get by with a $500 budget? If I have to i'll bump it up to $600 I just want something thats gonna be able to play the good shit & by good shit I mean games like GTA V, DayZ, etc.. etc. The PC i got now will play DayZ but I always have to lower shit like textures and other stuff just so I can play. Im tired of doing that shit
    9yra8oazt939.jpeg

tumblr_ljhxqfJwB71qhisruo1_500.gif
    [img][/img]1377736851_tumblr_m1gwskt4Bk1qdlfp4o1_500.gif

Sho’nuff: Am I the meanest?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: Am I the prettiest?
    Sho’nuff: Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
    Sho’nuff: Well who am I?
    Sho’nuff: Who am I?
    Sho’nuff: I can’t hear you…
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    either one of those builds i posted earlier will play games at 1080p. If you wanna add a little more towards the gpu, then we can remove the disc drive it you strictly gone buy games digitally.
    TonyDubbz
  • TonyDubbzTonyDubbz Realest Nigga Livin' Regulator Posts: 19,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    either one of those builds i posted earlier will play games at 1080p. If you wanna add a little more towards the gpu, then we can remove the disc drive it you strictly gone buy games digitally.

Oh hell yea, bruh i cant remember the last time i bought the physical copy of a game Steam and torrents done spoiled my ass. I try not to torrent so much and when I dont I buy my shit directly from steam so i'll definitely be doing away with the disc drive
    9yra8oazt939.jpeg

tumblr_ljhxqfJwB71qhisruo1_500.gif
    [img][/img]1377736851_tumblr_m1gwskt4Bk1qdlfp4o1_500.gif

Sho’nuff: Am I the meanest?
    Sho’nuff: Am I the prettiest?
    Sho’nuff: Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
    Sho’nuff: Well who am I?
    Sho’nuff: Who am I?
    Sho’nuff: I can’t hear you…
    TonyDubbz wrote: »

Oh hell yea, bruh i cant remember the last time i bought the physical copy of a game Steam and torrents done spoiled my ass. I try not to torrent so much and when I dont I buy my shit directly from steam so i'll definitely be doing away with the disc drive

i havent torrented on single game...the prices be too perfect for me. Plus, i started reading reviews and going to youtube to see gameplays before I buy, PLUS, steam got a fire return policy. You can return a game for any reason as long as you havent played it for more than 2 hrs.

I bought Dead Rising 3 during the summer steam sale and it kept having issues. Come to find out, it was a shitty port. I had only clocked 30 min on it, requested my money back, and it took less than a day for the refund.
    TonyDubbz
  • Bender RodriguezBender Rodriguez Kiss my shiny metal ass!! New new YorkPosts: 2,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Case | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

CPU | i5-4690K @4.3GHz

CPU Cooler | Corsair H105

Mainboard | MSI Gaming 3

RAM | 2x 8GB Corsair Venegance DDR3 @1600MHz

GPU | EVGA SC gtx970

SSD | Dont remember some 128 GB

HDD1 | WD Green 500

This is what i have right now...built this shit my self

Here is a old pic of it
    QkZcLO.jpg

sticker,375x360.u1.png
    AP21themadlionsfanThe Recipe
    dope Bender...how much it hit you for?
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too high to understand this shit. Will check back later when i am in a clearer state of mind. Thanks for posting up this info @AP21
    Splackavelli
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Too high to understand this shit. Will check back later when i am in a clearer state of mind. Thanks for posting up this info @AP21
    Co sign ap came thru and saved a nigga from playing a wack ass ps4
    *Top 5 background poster*
    Started fucking with photoshop
    superstarcole.gif
    Lou_Cypher
  • themadlionsfanthemadlionsfan Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are any of you guys who have a gaming PC overclocking your CPUs and using RAID
    lions-650x406.jpg
    examples of a mid. I actually own a Mid sized case. its not too big at all imo

3758a54124c2b6d5e7c3101fc5cf1d17.1600.jpg

This is mine for comparison. This is next to a 42 inch TV
    14l7h1d.jpg

You play on a 42 inch TV? Have you noticed any latency? I'm of the understanding that you don't want to go bigger than a 32 inch.
    lions-650x406.jpg
    no problems after activated the game mode + turn on vsync

i havent overclocked only b/c i didnt think i needed to for what im doing
  • Bender RodriguezBender Rodriguez Kiss my shiny metal ass!! New new YorkPosts: 2,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dope Bender...how much it hit you for?

Never thought of it but off the top..prob $800-$900
    sticker,375x360.u1.png
    AP21

What about using RAID
    lions-650x406.jpg

What about using RAID

nah...no need imo
    bump

just in time for the holidays

parts should be going on the cheap over the next few weeks

kingofkingz
  • iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz What title? Posts: 29,139 Regulator
    @AP21 I'm thinking of moving this to Ill Tek. I got a good custom one but the only problem it has an intergeated graphics card instead of a dedicated one due to it being a mini dual pc. 2tb pc and a 2tb mac. 2.7 ghz but can superclock up to 3.1ghz. Due to the size i would have to upgrade to a much bigger case abd a power supply of at least 500 watts. Thinking bout the geoforce 2tb 770 also.

But a cool master elite 130 or 120 i forgot but I dunno if i should go ahead and but the graphics card and piwer supply.

New AHH Battle Rap Forum
    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/the-battle-rap-zone
    Karma es verdad.
  • kingofkingzkingofkingz Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't cuz eventually u are going to have to switch out ur graphics card to be able to run ultra res games
    @AP21 have u run into any problems of running outta of virtual memory on any of ur rigs?

I was playin roller-coaster tycoon the other day & my pc kept crashing & saying I'm running outta virtual memory while playing this game. I took that game out & started playing skyrim, & dayz i didn't have any problems?
    @kingofkingz it sounds like you're low on ram. My comp has 16gb of ram right now

New AHH Battle Rap Forum
    Karma es verdad.
    kingofkingzAP21Bcotton5
    I wouldn't cuz eventually u are going to have to switch out ur graphics card to be able to run ultra res games

Sk basically you're telling me to upgrade cuz i will have to anyway

New AHH Battle Rap Forum
    Karma es verdad.

Sk basically you're telling me to upgrade cuz i will have to anyway

Yes.. it'll eventually slow down ur pc & the machines performance

But if ur okay with not having to keep up the industry demands for higher res games especially on PC then u should get the rig u been looking at
    @ikingofgivbiz, aye fam, if you need to move it, then its cool. My vision was to keep it here since building a pc was related to gaming on it vs buying a console.

@kingofkingz, i've never had any issues with virtual memory. My rig is primarily for gaming but i do use it to stream movies via Plex, so basicallly i have nothing else other than Steam, Origin, etc... plus a couple of other programs that arent real resource heavy.

I have an office pc that i do most of the heavy lifting with
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ap21 any good gaming computer out the box i can find at best buy
    *Top 5 background poster*
    Started fucking with photoshop
    superstarcole.gif