What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Build a PC thread

Replies

• AP21AP21 Posts: 17,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i mean, you could probably buy one out the box, but their pricing tiers are shady af to me

I still think that the money you would spend for one of those could be better utilized by building your own pc

Im telling you, it aint that hard to do fam
    PaprikaCo_Town_MichaelL3NU
  • Co_Town_MichaelCo_Town_Michael Bruh. TexasPosts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    c/s.
    Spent about $515 on PC shit recently and built it myself in like ~2 hours
    All your stuff new in the box should have the user manual in them and even then you could just find a guide video on youtube

Places like newegg will sell you pre built bundles at marked up prices.
    You could've used that difference on a better graphics card, processor, etc.
    Building is definitely worth.
    AP21anduinInglewood_B
  • PaprikaPaprika Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Especially when it comes to towers, I wouldn't buy pre-made from Best-Buy.

I could see more utility in Laptops for gaming like the Lenovo Yoga, Sony Vaio Z. Again, they charge people an unholy amount for these.

I could see everything that's necessary should run for about $600-700.

@AP21 maybe it would help if you posted some videos of how to assemble a pc. I'll drop some links when i get home.
    AP21
    Paprika wrote: »
    Especially when it comes to towers, I wouldn't buy pre-made from Best-Buy.

I could see more utility in Laptops for gaming like the Lenovo Yoga, Sony Vaio Z. Again, they charge people an unholy amount for these.

I could see everything that's necessary should run for about $600-700.

@AP21 maybe it would help if you posted some videos of how to assemble a pc. I'll drop some links when i get home.

first page fam lol

but feel free to post more

lets get some more people to join the master race brah

Paprika
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP21 wrote: »
    i mean, you could probably buy one out the box, but their pricing tiers are shady af to me

I still think that the money you would spend for one of those could be better utilized by building your own pc

Lol i get discounts nigga but i'll probably still go making my own for that feeling of self achievement. Gonna start ordering parts now.
    *Top 5 background poster*
    Started fucking with photoshop
    superstarcole.gif

Lol i get discounts nigga but i'll probably still go making my own for that feeling of self achievement. Gonna start ordering parts now.

if you get discounts, brah...i can only imagine what kinda parts you could get if you got a hook up like that

pcpartpicker.com

start there. easily one of the easiest ways to get started

post up if you have any issues
  • themadlionsfanthemadlionsfan Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you may be better of going to microcenter
    lions-650x406.jpg
    AP21Bcotton5
  • themadlionsfanthemadlionsfan Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    also, for anybody that may be lurking....he is a great site to check the compatibility of the cuts

https://pcpartpicker.com/
    lions-650x406.jpg
    AP21
  • PaprikaPaprika Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't followed any PC updates this year but is the Vishura still up there as the better option for gaming PCs?
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 17,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres a great site for PC builds. Its where I got my current build
    newbcomputerbuild.com/newb-computer-build-home/march-2016-gaming-pc-builds-month/
    Gives us back images in sigs
    AP21
  • jetlifebihjetlifebih Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it still 1000-1500 for a decent gaming pc? Last time I was gaming on pc I was playing wow and counter strike

Are those games still heavily populated? I tried to reactivate my wow account and the waiting time for instances and raids was like a hour, fuck that shit...

What's the newest/best mmo out right now???
    i know for a fact counter strike is still very much heavily populated. Its not my cup of tea, neither are mmo's, but i had a blast playing games like Cities:skylines or Prison Architect. This War of Mine is a pretty good game as well...depressing as hell, but still good. ALso, Swapper is a dope puzzle game

but to me, i dont think you have to spend that kinda money on a rig unless you tryna play 4k resolution or something
    jetlifebih
  • Co_Town_MichaelCo_Town_Michael Bruh. TexasPosts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $600 max for something like a WoW / CS playing computer.

My recent $515 build I posted about before was designed to basically play League of Legends and other low end shit while still running recent stuff on at least medium settings, 60 fps.

I get like 200 fps on LoL, I'd probably get over 120 on WoW easily, and haven't checked my CS go fps yet.
    $1000 would build you a really good pc by today's standards imo.
    I know niggas playing the Division with <1k rigs so save your money bruh.

CSGO is popular af right now because the rise of e-sports.
    WoW still cool but Blizzard kinda fucked the game up letting niggas buy stats pretty much.

There's not really 1 mmo killing the game atm.
    Lots of popular ones with solid player bases though.
    jetlifebihAP21Melqart
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you may be better of going to microcenter

I stay going to microcenter next to oakland mall lol
    themadlionsfan
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 10,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    Im about to jump in the budget game, I need a new PC to run a few programs and netflix, so ima grab a old i7 3.4 rig (if i can find a reasonably priced one) and slap a 1050ti or something in it and maybe some ram if, ill see how I like PC gaming, continue to learn then build my own rig later.
    thats whats up family
    edited March 20
    Im in the PC game, super budget optiplex 990 with a i5 2400 and 1050ti dropped about (230$ all together) only ran Borderlands 2 on it so far. Using my 28 inch Vizio TV, no mouse and keyboard I aint their yet, using PS4 controller for now, but I attempted using my wireless keyboard with the built in mouse that movement was so snappy, I could dig that. Thoroughly enjoy the smoothness and better graphics. Worst case scenerio Ill focus on classics I missed or replay shit I liked from last Gen with way better graphics and FPS.

But I needed a PC bad got like 3 harddrives full of Come Up Dvds, Smacks, Cocaine Citys etc all the Makaveli's and shit from my bootleg days, somebody was looking for that Makaveli in the reason ima try to get that shit back out circulating.
    what size HDD you got?
    what size HDD you got?

1 TB, I think I need to upgrade my ram to play GTA and other AAA titles cuz I only got 4 gigs. But If I buy ram its going to be something I take foward to my next build that shit expensive.
    Kind of rusty cuz I aint been on a capable PC in a while but I just im back in my bag, just got that Shadow Warrior 2 for free 99, ima work on The Witcher 3 later this week.
    What games yall PC heads recommend besides the obvious triple A titles.
    well, i just built me another rig last night. Took longer than the first time b/c of some questionable design choices in the case, however, it call came together quite nicely and im running a game like Titanfall 2 on high to ultra settings which was the goal

as far as games go, what type of stuff you like. I got a few games that are great time sinks but might not be for everyone
    The Recipe
    Looter shooters are my favorite, but im open minded to anything but sims and building games.