What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Official College Basketball thread/prospect watch

Replies

• af.r.i.c.a.af.r.i.c.a. Fuck your reactions Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26
    That 76ers pick at 3 is inreresting, I can come up with scenarios where Smith, Fox or Monk all make sense.....a lot of different directions they can depending on what they feel they need and value most from a guard

3 and 5 are tough calls. I think Sacramento takes a PG because there might not be one of the top
    guys available at 10. Makes sense for them to take one with thier first pick and double back for a Forward later.

As for Philly like you said they can go a number of directions. Jackson/Tatum dont fit an immediate need and are both questionable fits. You can say they same about Fox with his lack of shooting. Monk would be a slight reach. I'm hoping they decide to trade down with us at 6. It makes a lot of sense for both teams. We move up to 3 get our go to scorer in Tatum and they get Monk + 25th pick.
    aaron-gordon-dunk-gif.gif

block.gif
    southsil4lil
  • southsil4lilsouthsil4lil Short TexasPosts: 9,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 76ers pick at 3 is inreresting, I can come up with scenarios where Smith, Fox or Monk all make sense.....a lot of different directions they can depending on what they feel they need and value most from a guard

3 and 5 are tough calls. I think Sacramento takes a PG because there might not be one of the top
    guys available at 10. Makes sense for them to take one with thier first pick and double back for a Forward later.

As for Philly like you said they can go a number of directions. Jackson/Tatum done fit an immediate need and are both questionable fits. You can say they same about Fox with his lack of shooting. Monk would be a slight reach. I'm hoping they decide to trade down with us at 6. It make a lot of sense for both teams. We move up to 3 get our go to scorer in Tatum and they get Monk + 25th pick.

I was thinking the same thing about 3 and 5 being tough to call

The first thing I think about when it comes what Philly needs is shooting which Monk would be there to address.....but like you said taking him at 3 would be a reach. That trade makes sense though

Sacramento definitely has to go PG
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @af.r.i.c.a. If Ingram was in this draft, where would u have him ranked?
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    @af.r.i.c.a. If Ingram was in this draft, where would u have him ranked?

5-8 on par with Isaac. Isaac has better potential as a defender while Ingram is more skilled. Similar frames with slightly different games. Id give Ingram the slight edge.

block.gif
  • BDBIIDBDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. Tri-State Posts: 18,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He would be definitely top 4.

17 7 and 2. With his physical profile all the while he's still younger than a bunch of this year one and dones.

Fultz would be the clear 1 and he'd be in the Ball,Jackson and Tatum group some teams ranking higher some lower.

The Squadz.
    gjuke.0.gif
    tumblr_omf3lbg6TS1s3gys4o1_400.gif
    tumblr_oobas3UvQw1s3gys4o1_400.gif
    1*ului1JHmdGTNQIQDxqLWNA.gif
  • TheBossmanTheBossman It All Started With A StarterCoat Posts: 19,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26

I want monk, they might trade back and get some value.
    #thisishiphop #ThisIsSmoothRnB track of the week.
    tumblr_oq107bw6Mq1rhttapo1_1280.png
    edited May 26
    Sounds like Lakers are not 100% set on taking Ball at 2. He has scheduled a workout with the 76ers.

"Former UCLA Bruins point guard Lonzo Ball is considering working out for the Philadelphia 76ers in advance of the 2017 NBA draft on June 22, league sources told ESPN.

A final decision will be made once Ball's agent, Harrison Gaines, and Sixers general manager Bryan Colangelo have had an extensive conversation centered on the identity of the team, sources told ESPN.

That dialogue is expected within the coming weeks. Most expect Ball to be off the board after the first two selections.

League sources said the concern regarding the Ball-Sixers link is the organization's plan to feature forward Ben Simmons, the No. 1 pick in the 2016 draft, in a ball dominant, point-forward role next season.

Under those basketball circumstances, it wouldn't appear to be an ideal pairing. Ball is a playmaking point guard who figures to need the ball in his hands to maximize his true potential. However, the Sixers believe Ball and Simmons can mesh at a high level, sources say."

giphy.gif

Perfect storm coming together for us to move up and snag Zo. I don't think Philly will have the heart to pass on him tho.

block.gif
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 19,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zo to Philly

They grab a top 4 seed if everybody healthy next year
    silverfoxx
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, ASU traveling to Italy and Spain to play against some pro teams
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

• Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1
    Michael Porter Jr. expects big things for Missouri this season

Myron Medcalf
    ESPN Staff Writer
    Michael Porter Jr., ESPN's No. 1 prospect in the country and projected top pick in the 2018 NBA draft, said guiding Missouri to its first trip to the NCAA tournament since 2013 will not suffice in 2017-18.

Porter said he wants to take the Tigers to the final stage of the season in April.

"I'm not even looking at the NCAA tournament," Porter told ESPN on Thursday. "I'm looking past that. I want to bring this team back to a Final Four, national championship-caliber level. I think we're going to surprise people."
    Porter, who anchors ESPN's sixth-ranked recruiting class, said he knows people compare him to Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz, two prep stars and projected top picks who couldn't lead LSU and Washington, respectively, to the NCAA tournament.

"I think we have the perfect pieces to lift Missouri to where it used to be."

Michael Porter Jr.
    But Missouri's situation is unique, Porter said.

"I see [the comparisons] and I think it's a totally different situation," he said. "I think we have the perfect pieces to lift Missouri to where it used to be."

The Tigers add Porter and a pair of top-100 prospects, Blake Harris and Jeremiah Tilmon. Four-star point guard C.J. Roberts and Canisius grad transfer Kassius Robertson, who averaged 16.1 PPG last season, join the fold, too. Plus, the top three scorers from last year return.

And Missouri commit Jontay Porter, ranked 25th in the 2018 class, could reclassify and join his older brother and their father, Michael Porter Sr., a Missouri assistant coach, in Columbia next season.

"There's no pressure," Michael Porter Jr. said about his brother's decision. "He would have to miss a lot, like the McDonald's All-American game, if he reclassified. But I'm for sure in his ear about wanting to play with him next year."

Porter said he doesn't feel any additional pressure, however, to elevate a Missouri team that won just eight games last season.

"I think it's exciting," Porter said. "A lot of people have pretty high hopes. I don't feel any pressure. I welcome it."

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

hqg-277.gif

silverfoxx

Nice. He can shoot the hell out of the ball. Should eat up most of Donovan Mitchells pt.

block.gif
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 27,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice. He can shoot the hell out of the ball. Should eat up most of Donovan Mitchells pt.

Donovan Mitchell is a projected lottery pick. He not coming back.
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    All this talk about y'all mamas being 30s and 40s kinda lowkey turning me on. I want to hit somebody mama off the IC real talk. I'm a fuck around and end up one of y'all niggas stepdad sitting around in a wife beater taking my frustrations with Jay Z out on y'all with a belt.
    P. Town wrote: »

Donovan Mitchell is a projected lottery pick. He not coming back.

That's why I said he's going to get his playing time

block.gif
    Betatoheeb27silverfoxxCJ
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @af.r.i.c.a. John Collins, late(ish) bloomer?
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    @af.r.i.c.a. John Collins, late(ish) bloomer?

Not sure what your trying to ask. Was he a late bloomer in college or will he be one in the pros?

block.gif
    edited June 6
    The Philadelphia 76ers haven't ruled out trading the No. 3 overall pick in the 2017 draft.

“I think that should we move or if there’s a transaction that comes out that gives us a chance to perhaps increase what impact No. 3 can have in terms of its return, I think we will look at it,” Bryan Colangelo, the team’s president of basketball operation, said Monday. “There’s some discussions that have been fairly interesting.”

While the 76ers aren't motivated to trade the pick, they are exploring their options.

“All options, as you look to improve your basketball team,” Colangelo said.

This isn't the first time he's mentioned potentially moving the pick since lottery night. Seems like they are seriously considering moving down. My guess is Monk and DSJ are the targets. We need to jump on this oppportunity depending on the asking price. 3+ 33 + Ross for 3 + filler. Get it done!

block.gif
  • southsil4lilsouthsil4lil Short TexasPosts: 9,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pitt being real petty with how they're handling this Cam Johnson situation
  • BDBIIDBDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. Tri-State Posts: 18,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna be tuning in to some LSU games this year.

Hometown kid Tremont Waters committed there

The Squadz.
    gjuke.0.gif
    tumblr_omf3lbg6TS1s3gys4o1_400.gif
    tumblr_oobas3UvQw1s3gys4o1_400.gif
    1*ului1JHmdGTNQIQDxqLWNA.gif
    silverfoxx
    edited June 8
    Apparently DSJ just cancelled his work out with the Knicks due to a team in the top 6 giving him a guarantee. Also hear the Kings could potentially move both picks to move up for Fox who they are in love with. That would be a big mistake. Fox should be there at 5 unless another team jumps into the top 4 to take him. In a perfect world

1. Celtics - Fultz
    2. Lakers - Ball
    3. Sixers - Monk
    4. Suns - Jackson
    5. Kings - Fox
    6. Magic - Tatum
    7. Wolves - Isaac
    8. Knicks - DSJ/Ntilikina
    9. Mavs - Markannen/DSJ
    10. Kings - Z.Collins/Markaneen
    11. Hornets - J.Collins
    12. Pistons -Ntilikina/Mitchell
    13. Nuggets - OG
    14. Heat - Leaf/Fergouson

block.gif
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are some mock boards having OG Anuoby falling all the way to us at 40?

Btw don't be surprised if my favorite prospect Semi Ojeleye becomes a lottery pick. Dude is flying up boards. He was projected in my Pellies range of 40s, now dude can potentially go as high as 15. Dude is killing them workouts.

Also don't sleep on Dameyon Dotson. This draft class is loaded AF and just because you don't have a lottery pick, won't mean you can't potentially find a starter/ fringe all star player.

My draft Potential sleepers

Semi Ojeleye
    Peter Jok (may go Undrafted but will shine)
    Jordan Bell
    Jonah Bolden
    Dameon Dotson
    Timothy Iwundu
    Juwan Evans
    Nigel Willams Goss
    Derrick White

I guarantee one of them dudes on this list will get an all star appearance. Quote me in about 3-4 years
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Why are some mock boards having OG Anuoby falling all the way to us at 40?

Btw don't be surprised if my favorite prospect Semi Ojeleye becomes a lottery pick. Dude is flying up boards. He was projected in my Pellies range of 40s, now dude can potentially go as high as 15. Dude is killing them workouts.

Also don't sleep on Dameyon Dotson. This draft class is loaded AF and just because you don't have a lottery pick, won't mean you can't potentially find a starter/ fringe all star player.

My draft Potential sleepers

Semi Ojeleye
    Peter Jok (may go Undrafted but will shine)
    Jordan Bell
    Jonah Bolden
    Dameon Dotson
    Timothy Iwundu
    Juwan Evans
    Nigel Willams Goss
    Derrick White

I guarantee one of them dudes on this list will get an all star appearance. Quote me in about 3-4 years

Most of the mocks I've seen have OG in the 10-20 range. I don't know maybe some new news came out recently about his injury. Evans is on my wishlist if he makes it to 25. Wouldn't be surprised if a few later players picks make noise in the league.

This draft is super deep. Bell reminds me of Biyombo. He's slightly undersized but his wing span helps. Williams goss I've been following since hs. He's going to be a solid back up for years. Bolden can play too from what his I've seen. Glad we have 3 picks in the 25-35 range we should be able to add some nice talent to the roster and our new GM is known for finding diamonds in the rough most recently Malcolm Brogdon. With three cracks at it it think he can find a future starter.

block.gif
    edited June 12
    DSJ killing it in workouts. Apparently he's now fully recovered and healthy. He said he played at around 80 percent last year. Just posted a 48 inch vert :o

block.gif
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st round pick : Donovan Mitchell,Jordan Bell,Bam Adebeyo or Justin Jackson

2nd Round pick: Jonah Bolden or Frank Jackson

Mitchell & Bolden are my 1st choices for both picks everyone else consolations