What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Twin Peaks Season 3 (2017)

Replies

• BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    "I'M GONNA LAUGH WHEN I FUCK YOU BITCH!!!" that guy has to be a black lodge spirit.

Even worse turns out he's a Horne. If that's Audrey's kid then she lost.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 11,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ounceman wrote: »
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Never watched a single episode. Can anyone describe this show?

Its quite multi-layered and byzantine for me to describe in a few sentences or even a paragraph like broddie stated earlier. but if i somehow could simplify the narrative, its about an agent by the name of Dale Cooper sent into the fictional town of Twin Peaks in the state of Washington to investigate a murder of a high school girl by the name of Laura Palmer who was admired by many in the town. i believe one of the reasons why it gained such a cult following is it had eccentric characters thrown in the mix and paranormal events would occur at different periods. it was quite unlike anything on tv at the time of its original airing.

If your interested, i would say to check out seasons 1, 2, then the movie Fire Walk With Me in that order. but if you dont want to invest that amount of time into the series and just want a summation of everything that happened up until the new season i would recommend checking out this video from ign. they do a good job of giving you a condensed version of all the events that occurred over the series

Dope! Appreciate the drop man.
    "Diane!"
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    This episode was what the world needed.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • OuncemanOunceman Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta light?

episode was a complete mindfuck. loved every minute
    tumblr_lrxxy1qkwP1qdmfbco1_500.jpg

Fetch.jpg
    edited June 27
    Lynch went full blown Lynch with no fucks to give and turned out one of the most brilliant & boldest hours of TV I've ever seen.

A lil Tree of Life mixed with Kubrick, silent films and a bit 50s b-movie sci-fi while still enriching the Twin Peaks lore. Making a lot of sense of the white lodge and black lodge mythos.

Man 26 years later and there is STILL nothing quite like Twin Peaks on television. Incredible. This is how franchise revivals should always be done.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    rip.dilla
  • (Nope)(Nope) NawfNawfPosts: 2,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27
    Lynch went full blown Lynch with no fucks to give and turned out one of the most brilliant & boldest hours of TV I've ever seen.

A lil Tree of Life mixed with Kubrick, silent films and a bit 50s b-movie sci-fi while still enriching the Twin Peaks lore. Making a lot of sense of the white lodge and black lodge mythos.

Man 26 years later and there is STILL nothing quite like Twin Peaks on television. Incredible. This is how franchise revivals should always be done.

I have to be honest, I haven't enjoyed this season the way I enjoyed everything leading up to it. I think I was more a Twin Peaks fan than a Lynch fan.

I liked Blue Velvet and Mullholland Drive but I'm not fucking with Lynch when he goes full Eraserhead .

I want to say I wasn't moved by this last episode. But I was bored and annoyed by it. He definitely put together imagery that was interesting and a little frightening, but it's not for me.

I respect that he has somehow managed to get Showtime to let him do whatever he wants. He's gotta' be laughing somewhere behind the scenes.
    edited June 28
    Understandable. I myself was smoking a dub in a dark room and just let the show take me on a journey. What he said was pretty simple.

Angels and demons' attention was brought to earth because of mankind's own evil. The trinity atom bomb test signified such an escalation of the ill in man so potent that it created a breach between worlds.

That evil overfed a malevolent being floating in a void to the point that it puked. Then that puked out matter full of evil had a piece that manifested itself as BOB through it. Of course it's how he said it cinematically that could be polarizing but I was totally with it.

The coffee and pie crowd had their episode last week. This was for the ones who dig the Lynchian elements. I like both so this whole season has pretty much been a treat to witness.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    (Nope)
    One thing for sure. It definitely evokes an emotion out of people. Even when it's boredom. A lot of TV tends to leave people non-plussed.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    (Nope)
    edited June 30
    After re-watching the episode, I cant get over how visually stunning it is. Its like it connects with me on both a visceral and a cognitive level if that makes sense. could this possibly pave the way for art-house television? i wouldn't be mad if it did.

Some seem to think the NIN performance was haphazardly thrown in and didnt cohesively connect with the rest of the episode. But me personally i loved it. imo, I thought it fit right in with the tone of the episode overall. the song reminded me of something the group would've done during the Broken EP era. and its not like this is their first time working together. Reznor produced the soundtrack to Lost Highway and Lynch directed the video to Came Back Haunted. im sure one understands and recognizes the other's artistic vision

There are some theories floating around regarding the 2 children. some are saying that the little girl who swallowed the frog with wings looking creature is Sarah Palmer while the boy who walked her home is Leland. sucks that we'll have to wait 2 weeks to see

Fetch.jpg
    edited June 30
    The NIN song fit in lyrically with what we saw on screen throughout the episode.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    (Nope)
    Understandable. I myself was smoking a dub in a dark room and just let the show take me on a journey. What he said was pretty simple.

Angels and demons' attention was brought to earth because of mankind's own evil. The trinity atom bomb test signified such an escalation of the ill in man so potent that it created a breach between worlds.

That evil overfed a malevolent being floating in a void to the point that it puked. Then that puked out matter full of evil had a piece that manifested itself as BOB through it. Of course it's how he said it cinematically that could be polarizing but I was totally with it.

The coffee and pie crowd had their episode last week. This was for the ones who dig the Lynchian elements. I like both so this whole season has pretty much been a treat to witness.

Great Breakdown! I don't smoke anymore, but I think that dub is key.

I've visited the Trinity Bomb Site and it's surreal. They sell Beanie Babies and hotdogs there. It's only open once a year and I can't really emphasize how "normal' but strange it is.
    The NIN song fit in lyrically with what we saw on screen throughout the episode.

I have to give Lynch credit, he brought that song to life.

And even tho I haven't enjoyed this, I'm compelled to keep watching. Not because I'm invested in an ending, but because the show is so fucking bizarre and frustrating to me.
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo who's this broad?

latest?cb=20170527010251

When I saw her butt naked in Episode 3 with another version of Cooper I started falling...
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...
    Don't know the fine ass actress but the character's name is Jade.

"Jade give 2 rides."
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    rip.dilla
    That scene with Diane and Gordon on the steps was oddly sweet. Looked like Dern and Lynch broke character for a moment there. Once again Albert walks away with all the best quotes in the episode. Oh and what do you know Albert may have finally found a kindred spirit.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Damn my man Dougie got the royal treatment.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Solid episode. i liked this one

I wonder if Richard Horne's father is........Bob aka Dale Cooper?

Becky enduring that type of abuse was essentially her mother and Leo Johnson 2.0 all over again

The scene with the fly and the Mitchum brother was hilarious

Lol @ Dr Jacoby turning into the town's version of Alex Jones

Didn't care too much for the last part of the episode. i know how lynch likes to draw out scenes for periods of time that go on longer than they normally would, but having to watch a damn near 8 minute live performance of a singer performing dull sounding song just came off looking a little too self indulgent

Fetch.jpg
    rip.dilla
    Lynch wrote that song and yes everybody on av club and reddit is trying to decipher the lyrics.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man... MacLachlan is a great character actor. The way he switches between the goofy robotic 'Cooper/Dougie' and the cold murderous Federal agent, Cooper incarcerated...

He'll definitely be up for awards in the next Emmys

Lynch's character is lowkey hilarious with his deafness

The Black chick's name I saw in the credits is Nafessa Williams...
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...
    Ounceman
    Holy jumping George! That was some gooooood shit.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    edited July 25
    I really admired this episode. it was a summation of everything (nightmarish sequences, characters displaying odd behavior, surreal humor, soapy drama, quirky shifts in tone) that makes the series so great.

Im just waiting for Diane to turn heel. the fact that she was whispering to herself the numbers on ruth's arm kind of give off a clue that she knows more than she's willing to tell

Good to know Miriam survived the attack by Richard Horne

Im wondering if Gordon Cole will soon come face to face with danger. seeing how his hand was twitching at the police hq. correct me if im wrong and i probably have to re-watch a few episodes for the original season 2 to conifrm. but didnt certain character's hands twitch in an odd motion before bob appeared?

The sequence involving Bobby, Shelly, and Becky at the diner which later culminated with the sick zombie child was hilariously twisted. I believe this is where Lynch pulls away from many other Writer/Directors. if other any other director attempted to shoot a duplicate scene consisting of the same content, the end result would've likely been disastrous

Fetch.jpg
    FYI for those who watch the live broadcasts. Beginning this Sunday and going forward it will air an hour earlier
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    (Nope)
    edited August 3
    This episode was mostly exposition (uh, if you can even call it that lol). And finally we get Audrey coming back. Which many fans wanted to see. But it wasn't in the manner that I nor many of them probably expected.

And i really shouldn't be shocked about that. I mean even the original Twin Peaks mocked the cliched soap opera tropes of that time and ended up subverting them in the process. It was certainly unique. And you can also say that about this season as well. Even among many of the fan favorite tv shows today that seem to pride themselves on their originality and breaking away from the typical hackneyed Hollywood scripts, this still stands out. It almost eschews traditional narrative altogether. When you think you know the direction of the story line, Lynch and Frost make a sharp turn and your on a entirely different path. Almost every new episode frustratingly introduces more questions rather than bothering to even answer any previous ones (like who Billy, Chuck, and Tina are in relation to Audrey). And despite all that i still dont want this to end. Shit, at this point its a good possibility that Good Cooper probably (and more than likely) will come back at the final hour of the final episode. And I would be totally content with that. I stopped trying to figure out where the plot will advance. instead, I'm just enjoyin the wild, once in a lifetime roller coaster ride at Lynch's madhouse carnival

Fetch.jpg
    That's the best way to enjoy Lynch. Just give in and ride along. Stop trying to figure him out or be one step ahead. It's futile. Especially with anything he's made after Lost Highway.

I saw some people complain about Audrey being a bitchy shrew forgetting that is always what she was. I guess people were more forgiving of the younger Audrey because she was a stone cold fox. Now that she's older and weathered it stands out more to some I guess.

Seems appropriate. In the original run she only got inspired to be a better persob when Cooper's presence was around her. I imagine 26 years without her altruistic muse being around her took a toll. I'm sure it hasn't been easy. Especially if Richard is her son and not secretly Ben's. Probably one of the key reasons why Coops return to Twin Peaks will prove to be quite important.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    rip.dilla