What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Twin Peaks Season 3 (2017)

Replies

• (Nope)(Nope) NawfNawfPosts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When this is all said and done, I'm going to be @ing you two (Broddie and Ounceman) to explain what the fuck happened!

However, when I stopped trying to understand what was happening and stopped viewing this as some singular narrative, it became more enjoyable.

There are so many diverging paths in this story, even if they all lead to the same place, I just tune-out when I'm disinterested.

Shit is like walking through a strange museum. I only spend time at the exhibits I'm compelled by now.
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far all the way to Episode 11... I think 8 & 11 have been the most captivating episodes so far for me IMO

Lynch is a gaddamn son of a bitch.. the way he comes up with gore. I love the way he captures American backwoods and the big cities is brilliant. Brilliant exotic images and CGI no corny shit

I agree with @Broddie ... this show is just right to bask in and not try to decipher too hard the plot details. Watching it high though and you catch a whole lot of shit

Another thing I loved was the array of not too popular screen actors (good to see Belushi again). You could say Lynch is a bit like Tarantino in the way he casts actors.... guys forgotten by Hollywood mainstream

GOAT TV
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...

bb135e64-2d54-4043-bf52-fd6c7197fcd3_zps05c66c47_-_Copy_-_Copy.jpg
  • OuncemanOunceman Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14
    300x300.jpg

I say got damn. that scene involving Sarah Palmer? shit I mean I know your suppose to come in with the mindset of expecting the unexpected, but even in knowing that, I still had to say What In The Fuck. ironically enough, the last person to remove their face in the same manner that she did was Laura Palmer in season 2. Now I'm truly wondering if the little girl in season 8 was indeed her and the bug she swallowed has been using her body as a host.

So Diane is Janey-E's half sister. I was wondering how they would manage to connect Diane to the Dougie Jones storyline and lead the FBI detectives Cole and Albert to Vegas. Also Lois Duffy case that spawned the Blue Rose was interesting. it was a case involving doppelgangers similar to Evil/Good Coop

Cole's story about the dream he had the previous night was pretty dope. I like how they flashed back to the scene involving Phillip Jeffries in Fire Walk With Me

The sequence in the woods with Andy, Bobby, Hawk, and Truman and then Andy getting sucked into the vortex. culminating with him being transported to the black lodge sitting opposite of the Giant was Lynchian-esque. As confusing as this storyline may have been over the course of the season, the one thing this season always delivered on was visual opulence. its almost as if your transfixed from wonder due to staring at many of the visually stunning images on display. and its even that much better when your viewing this on a 4k tv like I have

It was also good seeing James and Ben Horne back as well.

I'm curious to see where the storyline goes with Tina's daughters friend. since she told her the last time she saw Billy. who were people Audrey brought up in the past

I love how lynch frames many of the things he does in the context of dreams. or almost like deciphering a dream. it almost lends credence to the ambiguity of it all. dreams may not always make sense, but sometimes theyre also a spectacle to behold
    tumblr_lrxxy1qkwP1qdmfbco1_500.jpg

Fetch.jpg
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14
    That roadhouse performance was hype despite the atrocious lip synching. Good pick me up after that living nightmare scene with Sarah Palmer. Who would've thought Andy would ever be the MVP? that was the white lodge BTW not the black one.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Ok, personality wise, Im usually the type many would consider to be emotionally detached. but this episode kind of had me in my feels. in mainly 2 ways.

First of those being the pairing of Ed and Norma. I mean its something you probably knew would eventually happen given the past history shared between the 2. however, the writers tried to make it seem like that wouldnt be the case by having Norma reject Ed for a Big time restaurant investor. but above all that, seeing them finally embrace each other in such an overly melodramatic way kinda tugs at your heartstrings a bit.

And secondly, watching the log lady's farewell (and the mention of her demise). again it's something the viewer probably knew would eventually come. knowing her health was actually declining and deteriorating in real life as well. but i didnt expect it to be written in the script and have such a powerful effect. Magaret was an original fan favorite. and also knowing that the actress who played her passed away shortly after production adds more poignancy to the dialogue exchange between her and hawk. not sure ive seen a more impactful scene involving the death of a fictional character than this one.

Evil coop's voyage into the convenience store was deliciously weird. watching the return of the woodsman and the appearance of Phillip Jeffrey only add to the anomalousness. we also finally got confirmation that Richard Horne is the Son of Audrey. which more than likely makes Evil Coop the father. You can also tell by the way Evil Coop disciplines and instructs Richard that he now willingly takes the role of his guardian or parental figure.

Speaking of Audrey, this is the 3rd episode she has been seen in, in basically the same setting. arguing about the same thing. trying to persuade her husband Charlie to take her to the Roadhouse to look for Billy. so now in this episode when Charlie finally grabs for his coat to take her, she either seems hesitant to go, or instead picks another fight with him about something inconsequential. So it really isnt Charlie preventing her from opening the door. something or someone else is. and i have a theory on that. Basically, Audrey isnt at that location at all. and she's still actually in a coma. some other people were tossing that around on reddit as well. which makes sense, because that scenario is similar to the movie The Exterminating Angel. which was created by Bunuel, a Surrealist director who Lynch drew inspiration from

Fetch.jpg
    edited August 22
    "Hawk my log is turning gold"

I lost it bruh. I grew up with this show. Im attached to the characters. I knew after Big Ed's big moment that the rest was probably gonna be a drag but that Margaret sendoff was handled with grace. Also Nadine got to be the MVP. Lynch keeps throwing all kinds of emotional curveballs it's brilliant.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Ounceman
    edited August 24
    Broddie wrote: »

I lost it bruh. I grew up with this show. Im attached to the characters. I knew after Big Ed's big moment that the rest was probably gonna be a drag but that Margaret sendoff was handled with grace. Also Nadine got to be the MVP. Lynch keeps throwing all kinds of emotional curveballs it's brilliant.

I hear ya. the character's demise definitely has more meaning because you've basically matured and grown with them

Sidenote: do you think Good Coop is finally back now? I mean there were hints thrown out in earlier episodes that he might've been (sipping coffee, eating cherry pie, disarming ike the spike) but do you think this time is different?

Fetch.jpg
    edited August 24
    Ounceman wrote: »

I hear ya. the character's demise definitely has more meaning because you've basically matured and grown with them

Sidenote: do you think Good Coop is finally back now? I mean there were hints thrown out in earlier episodes that he might've been (sipping coffee, eating cherry pie, disarming ike the spike) but do you think this time is different?

Remember that his way back into the physical world was via electricity. I think he came out incomplete and stuff like "he's lying", fascination with badges coffee and the cherry pie and all other Coop-isms were remnants left over. Gordon Cole's name was the final trigger. Goodbye Dougie.

I think the rest of Coop was left in the current and he needed to literally shock himself back into completeness. He finally got his shoes back.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    UK peeps already seen tonight's episode. I saw one scene on youtube that is major. This is gonna be the episode of the season. 8PM can't get here soon enough. @(Nope) you might want to see this one. It has a lot of answers.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Woooooooo!!!
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Legit goosebumps bro I don't give a fuck.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    "I am the FBI."

welcome back Coop!
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Legit goosebumps bro I don't give a fuck.

You cant say that enough. talk about nostalgia overload. Seeing Dale Cooper finally come back with the Twin Peaks theme in the backdrop. Watching Audrey's Dance at the Roadhouse. it was like taking a stroll down memory lane

Fetch.jpg
    I've rewatched this episode like 8 times now and this sequence still fills me up with joy. Easily one of the greatest television moments ever.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ I live in the UK and haven't seen that episode yet

I've only seen the first 12...
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...

rip.dilla wrote: »

Do you have a Sky subscription?
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    rip.dilla
    rip.dilla wrote: »

Do you have a Sky subscription?

Yeah... I have to check if they've been any new episodes added over here. I haven't really had the time to dig deep cos I'm criss crossing between Sky and Netflix and Amazon ...

edited September 4
    Yooooo the series finale is basically Fire Walk With Me 2. This is fucking bonkers. Lynch is pure genius.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    HOLY SHIT!!!!
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Greatest thing I've ever seen on TV and it was just hour 1. Wow.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Yes. i will piggyback off of that and say that the finale was confusing, enigmatic, inscrutable, cryptic. so many adjectives i can use to delineate it. but the main one i would use to describe it is, glorious. i am delighted to see that Lynch ultimately gave us a Lynchian ending. and i wouldnt want to have it any other way. my only criticism would be that we didnt spend much time with Audrey's character. her story arch wasnt really explored extensively. not to the point of at least leading to any substantial narrative. Unless of course they're leaving a small window open for a return to another season. since it was only hinted at what eventually happened to her

Now i think im going back to start from the beginning. im sure after watching the s1, 2, and FWWM in continuous order that season 3 will be even more impactful upon rewatch

Fetch.jpg
    edited September 4
    It definitely was a horror movie ending. Judy fucked Coop over. Shattered time/space like it was glass.

Yeah he saved Laura and she faces and breaks Judy at the very last scene like a horror movie. Palmer home represented Judy's vessel. That's why the fan at their house always represented the coming of evil. They travel via electricity that represents her corrupt currents surging through those walls and everything around them.

But it's bittersweet cause it was all at the cost of Coop being stranded in alternate realities with Laura and never seeing the ones he loves again. Also seems that now that he saved Laura and re-emerged as Richard somewhere else he is more of a balance of our ideal Cooper with Mr. C even more than ever.

Definitely a lot of potential and set up for season 4 which showtime always said they're open to. Ball is in Lynch's court but I'd be perfectly fine with this being it. Even if I wanted one more scene with Balthazar Getty.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Man... I just started again catching up from 13 upwards. I'm currently at 14. Will do a marathon on the TV and finish up today

Man Lynch is a visionary and a true artiste. Only him can get Monica Belucci and David Bowie as themselves in a dream sequence ... I watched that and there was a smile on my face.

And the scene where Cooper arm wrestles that gigantic dude was hilarious...

Bowie wasn't playing himself. He played Phillip Jeffries one of Cooper's colleagues.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke