What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The 2017 MLB Thread

Replies

• Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 22,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite saying I don't care about the wbc I've been watching some games just to get see some competitive baseball

I watched pr vs mexico and usa vs venezuela and dr vs I think columbia.
  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the ncaa tournament starts right now but the game of the day is still dominican republic vs venezuela

do or die tonight

loser likely eliminated

odor and bautista in the same field again too

i1d8a8.jpg
    Tommy bilfigerO.G.natural born sinnersStoneColdMikey
  • natural born sinnersnatural born sinners Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DR bout to put the Hurtin on USA tonight...platano power
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 52,001 Regulator
    Never gets old watching Stanton murder baseballs
    tumblr_mr81yvqfbH1rjp688o8_540.jpg
    tumblr_p06lruvfZL1u1kyq6o2_540.gif
    tumblr_p06q1lNuNh1tctq75o2_540.gif

i like the emotion and investment these players have shown in this series

every country but usa plays with emotion

this really had a playoff feel to it

to have that in march is crazy

im really warming up to this shit

apparently thats exactly what trout is thinking too because he wants in for 2021 based on how great this tournament has been -- this is EXACTLY what the wbc needed in order to raise its profile -- i wouldnt go so far as to say it legitimized the event because for years now weve seen the best representation of baseball from the other countries but it has made people stand up and take notice
    Tommy bilfiger
    28gux4m.jpg

so matt harvey sits 91-93 now
    ckfree wrote: »
    28gux4m.jpg

This is not good.His velocity dropped to mid 90's last year and he was getting rocked if it's even lower he's in trouble cuz harvey is a power pitcher.
    edited March 20

Baez been playin pretty good in the wbc just stay healthy for a few more days.
    28gux4m.jpg

This is not good.His velocity dropped to mid 90's last year and he was getting rocked if it's even lower he's in trouble cuz harvey is a power pitcher.

he threw 4 shutout innings today but they got to him in the 5th

they should have let him finish on a high note since i heard in his last start they werent even displaying the velocity on the scoreboard lol

his fastball was mostly 93-94 mph today

his current ST slash line

46 plate appearances

.317/.391/.683 with 3 HRs and 13 RBIs

ops well over 1.000

the obp is impressive

even when he wasnt hitting and was striking out more often he was still taking his walks
    28gux4m.jpg

they should have let him finish on a high note since i heard in his last start they werent even displaying the velocity on the scoreboard lol

We'll see when the season starts.I know harveys bread n butter is the 2 seamer,4 seamer and the slider he needs velocity to execute those pitches.I don't know if harvey can be greg maddux & pitch with pinpoint location and catch batters off guard.

46 plate appearances

ops well over 1.000

the obp is impressive

even when he wasnt hitting and was striking out more often he was still taking his walks

When he gonna be up may/june? I'm gonna watch white sox games once moncada is called up.They still need to trade quintana for some more position players then they'll have something.
    ckfree
    28gux4m.jpg

We'll see when the season starts.I know harveys bread n butter is the 2 seamer,4 seamer and the slider he needs velocity to execute those pitches.I don't know if harvey can be greg maddux & pitch with pinpoint location and catch batters off guard.

46 plate appearances

ops well over 1.000

the obp is impressive

When he gonna be up may/june? I'm gonna watch white sox games once moncada is called up.They still need to trade quintana for some more position players then they'll have something.

may 14th

thats the earliest date moncada could get called up to ensure his first full year of service wont kick in till next year -- im hoping he stays in the minors until mid year 2017 or even a september call up so he continues to learn to dominate but more importantly its very important not to win this season

the last weekend of 2014 is why the cubs have ian happ instead of andrew benintendi

and i like happ especially with his continued development but beninetendi is gonna be something different

so i would not hate one more horrible white sox season if it guarantees me seth beer in the 2018 draft

hes said to have a special bat
    and word im more interested in bats, bats and more bats than prospect arms

on some theo epstein shit

building your franchise around pitching has great benefits but man

when i see teams lose key pitchers year after year

it feels like validation for building around hitters

+ its just more fun to watch hitters hit than pitchers pitch
    Tommy bilfiger
    28gux4m.jpg

46 plate appearances

ops well over 1.000

the obp is impressive

may 14th

thats the earliest date moncada could get called up to ensure his first full year of service wont kick in till next year -- im hoping he stays in the minors until mid year 2017 or even a september call up so he continues to learn to dominate but more importantly its very important not to win this season

the last weekend of 2014 is why the cubs have ian happ instead of andrew benintendi

and i like happ especially with his continued development but beninetendi is gonna be something different

so i would not hate one more horrible white sox season if it guarantees me seth beer in the 2018 draft

hes said to have a special bat

Yea I remember they won like 4 out 5 of their last games wit the youngins up that's when soler,baez,alcantara got called up in july/august and they were competitive the 2nd half of the season.Yup the cubs were gonna draft benetendi but the red sox grabbed him the pick before happ
    ckfree
    White sox extended tim anderson 6 years 25 mil wit 2 club options.That's a good team friendly extension especially if he excels

Hope baez,contreras and schwarber are sewed up just like that.I already know bryant gonna get a mike trout type contract and I don't know about russell cuz his agent is boras
    ckfree

love this move

there are also 2 team options at the back end of the deal that could control him through the 2025 season

locking up a core piece like this throughout his prime is the perfect move right now

hahn stays getting guys to sign team friendly extensions early in their careers

sale
    quintana
    eaton
    etc

anderson could only be a 1 WAR player on a yearly basis and the white sox would still do well on this deal

$4 million or so per year for 6 years on a guy in his prime and only getting better

sign me up for that 24/7/365
    Tommy bilfiger

no surprise that the player with the best tag in the business is incredible when it comes to avoiding them as well

he does that same slide every game pretty much for the cubs

baez has incredible baseball instincts
    Tommy bilfiger
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 33,476 Regulator
    saw that live,it was great
    #Mikeyismod2017
    Wbc championship is pr vs usa.Probably gonna watch it cuz all the nba games on tonight suck
  • Angeles1son85Angeles1son85 I'm an animal I shoulda been born in Jumanji Los AngelesPosts: 13,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus Stroman just shut the PR team down
    It is not an outing to remember. Giolito allows two home runs and a double to the first three batters for Seattle's Double-A Arkansas affiliate, and things don't improve much over the next few innings. His 93-94 mph fastball velocity is serviceable, but he has trouble commanding the pitch and routinely falls behind hitters. And for each breaking ball that bends with breathtaking authority over the heart of the plate, he squeezes two or three that bounce in the dirt.

Several talent evaluators in attendance take notes. An American League scout observes that Giolito needs to add more deception to his delivery. And another scout, who concedes that spring training is a "terrible time" to judge players, says the outing isn't unlike what Giolito has displayed throughout the spring.

"Even when he's getting outs and navigating through B-level lineups, he's having to trick hitters and pitch backwards," the scout said. "He looks more like the crafty right-handed veteran than the young guy with the tools we've all heard about -- the big fastball and big breaking ball. I haven't seen much of that. It's been very vanilla."

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18980472/is-white-sox-pitching-prospect-lucas-giolito-worth-hype

everyone is hopping off the lucas giolito bandwagon
    im sick of spring training

bring on the 162

this will be a common refrain with this guy for the next 4 years