What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The 2017 MLB Thread

Replies

• All5KingDriveAll5KingDrive I'm Everywhere You Never TherePosts: 162 ✭✭
    ^^
    Judge is better.
    Judge should be ROY & MVP

Judge should be ROY but not MVP
    dude been in a horrendous slump since the ASB and its largely contributing to the Yankees up/down play as of late.

Yeah, he struggled since the HR Derby, but if it wasn't for Judge, the Yanks would be dead in the water

My vote would go to Sale, Judge, or the Midget 2B in Houston for the AL MVP

Sale AL Cy Young
    Judge AL ROY
  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wonder how many games pujols batting 4th has cost the angels

he is so bad

below replacement level this year

a DH with a .270 obp

his salary goes up every year until the contract expires 

2018: 27 million
    2019: 28 million
    2020: 29 million
    2021: 30 million 

the escalating salaries are the worst part — he wont have any incentive to retire early — they should have front loaded it making it more likely hed walk away early — its too bad if they didnt have that contract theyd be able to put a much better team around trout and simmons but at least hamiltons 26 million a year finally comes off the books after this season
    All5KingDriveStoneColdMikey
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 21,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't see nobody beating the dodgers this year.Last year their weakness was hitting vs left handed pitching this year they're like top 6-7 vs lefties.They got 2 nasty tor starters so kershaw won't have to pitch on 3-4 days rest in the playoffs like the past.

Bellinger a rookie killing like a 5 year vet,bullpen strong.They got it all

I've said since may cubs don't look the same,defense regressed,pitching regressed,can't hit wit risp.That run they went on post asb was fools gold.Anything can happen in october but I gotta see it to believe it(If they even make it)
    O.G.
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 48,887 Regulator
    Lol another Stanton HR, another loss regardless
    tumblr_oqf7jvQVoh1tnaufeo2_540.jpg
    tumblr_onj2y2VMMA1sc0ffqo4_540.gif
  • HustleThaDonHustleThaDon 713 or nothing Houston Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11
    Swept by the fuckin white sox. Cacs down here ready to run lunhow outta town for that bs at the trade deadline. At this point I wouldnt be shocked if we lose the top spot in the AL. Especially if boston keeps closing the gap.
    1zvevmc.jpg

Know your place......
    AggieLean.
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11
    Swept by the fuckin white sox. Cacs down here ready to run lunhow outta town for that bs at the trade deadline. At this point I wouldnt be shocked if we lose the top spot in the AL. Especially if boston keeps closing the gap.

Yea, y'all falling off. Lucky Houston got a big lead in the West. Sox took a bit of a hit in the battle for the #1 pick
  • King_MOEbraKing_MOEbra Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Indians be on that bullshit.
    13434780_1743884425901195_1057805004825867569_n_zpscgc4wve5.jpg

FB_IMG_1477512302926_zpsafv7xnjd.jpg
  • O.G.O.G. GUILTY BY AFFILIATION. Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't see nobody beating the dodgers this year.Last year their weakness was hitting vs left handed pitching this year they're like top 6-7 vs lefties.They got 2 nasty tor starters so kershaw won't have to pitch on 3-4 days rest in the playoffs like the past.

Bellinger a rookie killing like a 5 year vet,bullpen strong.They got it all

I've said since may cubs don't look the same,defense regressed,pitching regressed,can't hit wit risp.That run they went on post asb was fools gold.Anything can happen in october but I gotta see it to believe it(If they even make it)

Puig even showin out this year. That parade gonna be epic. Then i'm moving to San Fran.

216b0dc72b1593daec90ca04f33eaa70.jpg

Tommy bilfigerAll5KingDriveckfree
    Dodgers killin shit
    But, I think it's
    Dusty Bake activate, and the Nationals time to win it All
  • joeyfkncrakkjoeyfkncrakk Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to get some picks for today's games... I'm open to suggestions to today's matchups
    edited August 11
  • O.G.O.G. GUILTY BY AFFILIATION. Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^
    @OG

He once told me he gambles for a living or was an expert or some shit. He got this.

216b0dc72b1593daec90ca04f33eaa70.jpg

All5KingDriveinfamous114
  • AggieLean.AggieLean. Country ass nigga.Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braves can't beat the fucking Phillies. Swept for the 3rd time by them. Not like we were going to do shit anyways, but it's time to play for draft position now.
    bge680.jpg
    znat04.jpg
    Thanks to Justin Verlander’s age (34), sizable contract and full no-trade clause, the odds of the Tigers dealing the longtime ace this summer already appear low. Here’s another wrinkle, courtesy of MLB Network’s Jon Morosi: According to the collective bargaining agreement, Verlander will be able to add an opt-out clause to his contract if he agrees to waive his no-trade rights. An opt-out would give Verlander a chance to exit the remaining two years and $56MM on his contract after this season or the $28MM left on his deal at the conclusion of the 2018 campaign.

Why would he opt out? Who gonna pay verlander 28 mil a year at age 35 and 36?
    O.G.ckfree
  • joeyfkncrakkjoeyfkncrakk Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.G. wrote: »
    ^^
    @OG

He once told me he gambles for a living or was an expert or some shit. He got this.

Don't be salty bruh, I play on boxing, football and basketball... been dabbling in hardball, actually made some money profit over the past month..I've learned a lot about certain teams and pitchers, but I'm not a true baseball guy.. Just wanted to see if dudes in the MLB thread had a lil insight or caught any certain trends a casual fan as myself wouldn't know
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 48,887 Regulator
    Loria decided to sell the Marlins to Jeter's group
    edited August 11
    Jeter will run the business and baseball operations

Marlins lost 60 mil this year, have the 28th ranked attendance and lowest paying tv contract in mlb.Blow it up especially with stanton having a career year trade all their assets(yelich,stanton,ozuna,realmuto etc).Get new players,farm and fo.
    StoneColdMikey
    Yea, our farm sucks...would hate to see those players go but they deserve better situations.
    Tommy bilfigerStoneColdMikey
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Braves can't beat the fucking Phillies. Swept for the 3rd time by them. Not like we were going to do shit anyways, but it's time to play for draft position now.

Coulda swore they said on mlb network braves like 2-10 vs the phillies this year.Did you know the braves have willson contreras little brother william in their system.He's 19 going on 20 and has similar tools as willson? He's been pretty good to start.

Braves got a sick young core of prospects swanson,albies,acuna,maitain,contreras,pache etc AND a gang of pitchers.

They're gonna be a problem soon
    AggieLean.
    40 home runs for Stanton
    All5KingDriveKing_MOEbraAggieLean.StoneColdMikey
  • King_MOEbraKing_MOEbra Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggieLean. wrote: »

Coulda swore they said on mlb network braves like 2-10 vs the phillies this year.Did you know the braves have willson contreras little brother william in their system.He's 19 going on 20 and has similar tools as willson? He's been pretty good to start.

Braves got a sick young core of prospects swanson,albies,acuna,maitain,contreras,pache etc AND a gang of pitchers.

They're gonna be a problem soon

This Phillies team rivals the '27 Yankees.
    13434780_1743884425901195_1057805004825867569_n_zpscgc4wve5.jpg

FB_IMG_1477512302926_zpsafv7xnjd.jpg
    All5KingDriveStoneColdMikey
  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the white sox have won 4 in a row

the team is winning in a fashion i want them to win in (young players stepping up)

itd be cool having the top draft pick but not at the expense of

rodon re establishing his form
    moncada and anderson looking like they belong in the MLB
    avi regaining some of his early season form

and/or miguel gonzalez or clippard establishing themselves as viable waiver wire trade targets

this is encouraging

34.1 IP in the minors before his major league debut

white sox had no choice but to rush him because it was part of the deal with scott boras

rodon is going to be a stud if he gets the command right because his stuff is filthy with big swing and miss potential— last season was his first full year as a starter and hes been injured this year (no ST) so id say his full 2018 will be a good measuring stick
    Tommy bilfigerAll5KingDriveStoneColdMikey