What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The 2017 MLB Thread

Replies

• ckfreeckfree Posts: 9,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    really curious to see who they target in free agency and what kind of trades they may be able to pull off

traded a lot of top prospects away the past 2 years so any big trades have to involve a current player on the 25 man roster at this point

mlbtr has darvish as the #1 FA signing with the cubs for 6/150 but arrieta going to the brewers for 4/100

i guess they think darvish signs early and arrieta cant find a taker because if arrieta would take 4/100 the cubs would have already probably done this
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 22,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ckfree wrote: »
    really curious to see who they target in free agency and what kind of trades they may be able to pull off

traded a lot of top prospects away the past 2 years so any big trades have to involve a current player on the 25 man roster at this point

mlbtr has darvish as the #1 FA signing with the cubs for 6/150 but arrieta going to the brewers for 4/100

i guess they think darvish signs early and arrieta cant find a taker because if arrieta would take 4/100 the cubs would have already probably done this

alex cobb & tyler chatwood I bet the cubs sign one or both.Darvish only if otani attached

Besides that maybe sign a bullpen pitcher or 2(Addison reed)

I wouldn't put anything past theo but I doubt baez or russell gets traded.Either Happ or schwarber will
    ckfree

alex cobb & tyler chatwood I bet the cubs sign one or both.Darvish only if otani attached

I wouldn't put anything past theo but I doubt baez or russell gets traded.Either Happ or schwarber will

for the bullpen

ideal situation would be for the cubs to bring back davis and go bring in someone like

shaw
    minor
    mcgee
    reed

or two from this group

reed would be my first choice at closer if the cubs cant sign davis

for the bullpen

ideal situation would be for the cubs to bring back davis and go bring in someone like

shaw
    minor
    mcgee
    reed

or two from this group

Reed doesn't walk batters often so I definitely can see him being a target.If the New pitching coach can fix wilson and help edwards with control along with maples.I Think the cubs pen will be aiight

I got a sleeper bullpen candidate.Adbert alzolay(just for 2018)

I think he's starting at triple a and will get called up mid/late '18 unless he 's killin it then earlier

He did good in the afl except one appearance he got rocked

I don't want davis back btw.It's been real ,he's 32 and velocity declining.Peace

for the bullpen

shaw
    minor
    mcgee
    reed

or two from this group

Reed doesn't walk batters often so I definitely can see him being a target.If the New pitching coach can fix wilson and help edwards with control along with maples.I Think the cubs pen will be aiight

I got a sleeper bullpen candidate.Adbert alzolay(just for 2018)

I think he's starting at triple a and will get called up mid/late '18 unless he 's killin it then earlier

He did good in the afl except one appearance he got rocked

I don't want davis back btw.It's been real ,he's 32 and velocity declining.Peace

alzolay

ive been hearing that name come up a lot from cubs fans

ive never seen him pitch so im gonna keep an eye on him in ST

only thing that worries me about reed is that he has a history of flopping in that closer role

so if youre a team with championship aspirations i think its risky if you ticket him to be the anchor of the bullpen

but id definitely rather the cubs sign

reed
    morrow
    kinzler
    minor

to close than have to trade schwarber or happ for a closer

enough of that

theo usually doesnt like to spend money on the bullpen cause he knows how up and down they can be year to year

so itll be interesting to see how he attacks that this offseason
    Tommy bilfiger
    just need the players union to sign off on mlb/ham fighters posting agreement but word is that mlb and npb are gonna agree to use the same posting system regulations that had expired last month

otani is a generational star that fans will love it is crazy the amount of hoops that mlb is making him jump through to play here

they should be doing everything in their power to appease him

its good for baseball

i know my team has no chance of signing him and yet i couldnt be more excited to see him come over
    Tommy bilfigerAggieLean.
    I think the cubs will sign alex cobb(99% sure this will happen) and possibly tyler chatwood.

Trade ian happ and caratini to the rays for colome.Sign addison reed and see if they can get a table setter(bonus)

Obviously would love to get otani but that's a pipe dream
    I think the brewers will sign arrieta(to try to weaken the cubs and will regret it)

Wade davis to the astros,darvish to phillies,yelich traded to phillies,stanton traded to the giants or cards

chris archer will get traded to the dodgers,astros or braves.

otani to the rangers,mariners or some team out of no where like the twins

hosmer to the red sox jd martinez to whoever doesn't get stanton
  • AggieLean.AggieLean. Country ass nigga.Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope Stanton goes to the Red Sox. Get him out of the NL, and for damn sure don't let him go to Philly.
    bge680.jpg
    znat04.jpg
    a divisional team (who have a good farm system and lot of young guys who played great last season)

two n.l teams

and an a.l team with dombrowski at the wheel

all of this bodes really well for the marlins

aside from groome the red sox really dont have another A list prospect to dangle and groome is so far away from the majors that i see him as a secondary piece in the marlins return — its tough to envision a trade being completed without devers or benintendi included — especially if other teams make this a bidding war but i wouldnt be surprised to see the marlins take a lesser return if another team eats a huge portion (if not all of it) of the contract though

gammons hinted that the cardinals are willing to give up a young pitcher for stanton IF marlins eat some money

so red sox or dodgers is my guess

stanton would hit 100 HRs in boston
    Tommy bilfiger
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 52,020 Regulator
    Came across Marcell Ozuna at a Ross down here in Miami lol.
    tumblr_mr81yvqfbH1rjp688o8_540.jpg
    tumblr_p06lruvfZL1u1kyq6o2_540.gif
    tumblr_p06q1lNuNh1tctq75o2_540.gif
    AggieLean.StoneColdMikey
  • time_is_mon3ytime_is_mon3y Camden NJPosts: 239 ✭✭
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 52,020 Regulator
    edited November 15
    edit never mind
    Stanton actually has not ruled out the Red Sox — or, it seems, any other organizations — according to a report from Evan Drellich of NBC Sports Boston. While the slugger may have initial preferences, Drellich writes that he’s maintaining a “’completely’ open mind.”
    Stanton's last act as a Marlin. Winning the NL MVP
    tumblr_mr81yvqfbH1rjp688o8_540.jpg
    tumblr_p06lruvfZL1u1kyq6o2_540.gif
    tumblr_p06q1lNuNh1tctq75o2_540.gif

the mariners are trading 2017 futures game reliever to the the white sox in an effort to have enough money to sign otani

hahn can benefit big time by selling $$$ to teams chasing otani to acquire quality prospects like viera

$250k in pool money for this guy

pure theft

got about 2 mil left to play with
    last week i heard steve phillips on mlb network say his sources apparently indicated to him that ohtani is looking for an assurance that he will both bat and pitch and that teams that are in contention have been far less willing to give him assurances that he will be both an offensive player and a pitcher

sounds like this dude is asking for the DH spot

but according to heyman mlb insiders agree that the word is yankees are the ‘supreme favorite’ to sign him if hes made available

mlbpa will make the decision on otani availability to sign with mlb club on monday
    Read mlb about to drop a hammer on the braves.Word is maitain will be declared a free agent along with a few other prospects signed illegally
    StoneColdMikeyinfamous114King_MOEbraIceBergTaylor
    mlb do need to drop the hammer in an attempt to stop this from happening but coppy wasnt the only one doing that

i read that an estimated 20 teams have agreements with players under 16

this shit feels like a good old boys club rat out job by other GMs

i bet coppy was responsible for the insane trade market and they didnt like that