What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

How Do You Feel About Your Fav Rapper(s) Bad Albums?

StewStew Rap Music Is My ReligionHTTRPosts: 51,860 Regulator
Do you think it tarnish's their legacy?

Is it almost required and automatically forgiven to have a "bad" album in a great career cause let's be honest even the GOAT MJ has a bad album and even if you don't think your fav rapper(s) don't have one somebody else does.

Just how bad is it? Speak on it.
_Goldie_

Replies

• jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    You can't hit home runs without takinga swing.

I get more worried about consecutive bad projects. Bizzy Bone is a classic example of a great artist but so many subpar projects in a row would have anyone miffed and not willing to support him.

@SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    Stew_Goldie_sapp08_2001blackgod813
  • AggieLean.AggieLean. Country ass nigga.Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krits worst album is Live From the Underground, but it's an album that I still keep in rotation, and for the most part, I like it.

Same with Pimp C. I guess that compilation he dropped right when he got outta the pen would be his worst album, but I still play it and like it.

The only artists where I've enjoyed or like everything they've dropped.
    bge680.jpg
    znat04.jpg
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 36,952 Regulator
    I don't have a problem with bad albums, sometimes shit don't pan out how you want it to. After Nastradamus (god I loathe that album) he gave me Stillmatic, God's Son, Street's Disciple, Hip Hop Is Dead, Untitled and Life Is Good.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
    Stewsapp08_2001blackgod813Solitary Soldier
  • choppa_stylechoppa_style Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what a bad album is. There's albums is like and albums I don't like.
  • SneakDZASneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    on that note KRS made a shitload of bad albums. but that doesn't erase the shitload of great albums since you can and should choose not to listen to those.
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 33,326 Regulator
    It doesn't tarnish what they done to me at all.
    #Mikeyismod2017
    Go figure
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 36,952 Regulator
    I still don't understand what y'all got against KRS One.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
    StoneColdMikeyblackgod813Alpha_Ambition
  • FutureHendrixFutureHendrix Posts: 31
    Can't stand Relapse but the hooks on that album were great only good aspect of that album were the catchy hooks

It definitley has in a sense slightly tarnished his legacy as his fans majority of them hate the album and let him know how much they hated it which made him cancel Relapse 2

• StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 33,326 Regulator
    I feel disappointed tho
    #Mikeyismod2017
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,404 Regulator
    Kingdom Come - I like minus the 2 bad tracks

Blueprint 3 - it's alright but I rarely mess with it

MCHG - same as BP3
    sapp08_2001MontyM.MaxTsotsi Cape Town
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 9,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They become untreatable an lost the poverty hunger which once made them
    StoneColdMikey
  • macadonwoomacadonwoo Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thread

Nas Nastradamus - ( so called bad album , it's very above average.)

Eminem Recovery -( Shits good people just didn't like that side of Marshall . I did .)

Jay Z Kingdom come - (Fuck it I liked his growth on this album. That Katrina song hot too)

AZ- ( Jk , he doesn't have one )

MOBB DEEP - America's nightmare ( I thought this was one of there top 4 to be honest)

BIG PUN - Yeeeeeah Baby ( Only dudes with micro penis's don't like this shit)

DMX - Undisputed ( Love this album , haters multiply SMH
    Stew
  • mchgmchg West PhillyPosts: 190 ✭✭
    :bawling: @ the retarded ass, eardrum hating fuck boyz who foolishly stan artists other than Hova Da Gawd & are forced to constantly confront the reality that their epic lack of talent is the source of @ least 2-3 wack sauce soaked weedplates

:bawling: @ the amt of heroin u'd have to ingest in order to achieve a level of brain deadness that would allow u 2 even suggest that Hova Da Gawd ain't the GOAT when his priceless jewel filled GOAT catalog crown doesn't have anything that even remotely approaches the realm of bad & even his worst albums (BP3/KC) are good even by Gawd MC standards & are Super Saiyan classics that completely anniliate every non-Hova Da Gawd album ever combined

:bawling: @ associating the word "bad" with anything that is even remotely within the same universe as anything related to Hova Da Gawd's GOATness when his gawdly prime is light years ahead of every god awful excuse for an MC in history combined x1240 & his post prime shits on 99.9% of pathetic excuses for rappers in the history of hip hop

Young! :bawling:

"Don't be good, my nigga, be great"
    -Jay Z (FUTW)
    StewStoneColdMikeyTheGOATillestni99ainneTsotsi Cape TownAlpha_Ambition CeLLaR-DooR5 Grandsapp08_2001
  • MECCA1000MECCA1000 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    De La Soul = no duds .....dudes take their time to craft dopeness
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayne aint never dropped a dud
    MiamiNightsTsotsi Cape TownTHE_R_CeLLaR-DooRMECCA1000Intelligent_Hoodlum BangEm_Bart sapp08_2001