What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Rappers That Get A Pass Simply Because They're "Legends"

Replies

• Busta Carmichael Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Posts: 12,490 Regulator
    Hov and Bone gets a pass and they're wack? SMH only on the IC

The guys I named in the op are legit snooze fest and no one has them in their top ten or has ever asked them to spit something.

No one has ever been hype to hear them on a feature, if anything we fast forward KRS and Ice-T verses.
    blackgod813Alpha_Ambition
  • trendsetta1030trendsetta1030 Where the money at...Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Jay Z. He's a corny crossover pop culture rapper who has built his career off biting and recycling old Biggie lines.
    On mf point broski ofn

Reasonable Doubt- copy az,nas,bigl,raekwon.

Vol1 copy diddy mase big
    Vol2 copy ruff ryders mase philly
    Dynasty- copy the west coast movement at that time
    Vol3 copy state prop down south
    Blue print was sequel to young guns tough luv
    Bp2 well I stop fuckin wit tha nigga by then

So were is jay z originality ?
    Revolver OcelotChi Snowskpjr78Louis Devinearblackgod813Alpha_Ambition GhostdenithegawdnillerthekidMrCrookedLetterLike Water
  • Lefty_Lefty_ The Ayatollah Of Baking Soda Pullin Up.....Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay Z. He's a corny crossover pop culture rapper who has built his career off biting and recycling old Biggie lines.
    On mf point broski ofn

Vol1 copy diddy mase big

Mindblowing........
  • Busta Carmichael Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Posts: 12,490 Regulator
    On mf point broski ofn

Vol1 copy diddy mase big

Wow...

Lmao nah
    Revolver OcelotAlpha_Ambition
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 17,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how i keep missing these busta threads? lol
    Busta Carmichael
  • Revolver OcelotRevolver Ocelot Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    On mf point broski ofn

Vol1 copy diddy mase big

Mindblowing........

He's a certify retard.

Cuz actually thought Juelz Santana was more mainstream than Nas
    tumblr_obni9ewfq01ui45hlo1_400.gif
    Busta Carmichael
  • Lefty_Lefty_ The Ayatollah Of Baking Soda Pullin Up.....Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How blueprint​ a sequel to tough luv when it came out 3 years prior?

trendsetta1030 get yo ass in here nh

You gonna explain this shit b!

Don't @ that bitch ass nigga bruh.
    Busta Carmichael GhostdenithegawdMrCrookedLetterLike Water
  • Revolver OcelotRevolver Ocelot Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14
    How blueprint​ a sequel to tough luv when it came out 3 years prior?

Cuz.....

Lefty_ wrote: »
    On mf point broski ofn

Vol1 copy diddy mase big

Mindblowing........

He's a certify retard.

tumblr_obni9ewfq01ui45hlo1_400.gif
    CainGhostdenithegawd
  • nawledge_godnawledge_god Lurk And Talk Shit Chiraq RefugeePosts: 5,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Busta Lettin Them LOL's Go To His Head

giphy.gif

Lmao old thread bro.

And I was deadass when I made it.

Ice-T is booty cheeks and has always been

Take That back Bruh

giphy.gif

Ice-T Pioneered Gangsta/Conscious Rap

Chi Snowblackgod813BlackAX410achewon87
  • WeazelWeazel Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This must be one of the most retarded threads in a looong time.

"unfuckingbelievable"
    Busta Carmichael
  • a_lista_list Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These niggas say some of the dumbest shyt....lol
    I can recall the days, juvenile crime pays
    14 years old, shorty from round way
    brick ass cold, still pump from night to day
    but why did my life have to be this way
    I rock Velour suits, flavors like mixed fruits
    my loot get recouped razors in my suit
    incase they try to troop me to the island
    I known to start whylin back in New York, my soldiers got the cash pilin
    peep this on some nose and teef shit
    so much drama, who the fuck knows who we got beef wit
    CainBuilt 4 cuban linxbigev240
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Ice T did more then just rap though.

Ice-T was\is a part of the Zulu Nation. He was repping the west coast while working with Africa Islam on the east coast.

Ice-T was also a B-Boy. He's been involved with Hip Hop as an art form from the beginning.

Ice-T pioneered lucrative business practices within Hip Hop. Whether it was getting deals for members of the Syndicate or doing indie deals for himself.

Ice-T went at the cops and law enforcement in political protest with Cop Killer. Ice-t is truly a legend within Hip Hop.

I grew up in BK and Ice-T was that dude from the first listen of "six in the morning".

You somehow find yourself in a trial by combat and you can only choose one of these two rappers to spit a hot 16, they lose, you both die/get locked up.

Ice-T or Rakim?
    nex ginChi SnowCashmoneyDuxBlackAX410
  • Kwan DaiKwan Dai Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ice-T was\is a part of the Zulu Nation. He was repping the west coast while working with Africa Islam on the east coast.

Ice-T was also a B-Boy. He's been involved with Hip Hop as an art form from the beginning.

Ice-T pioneered lucrative business practices within Hip Hop. Whether it was getting deals for members of the Syndicate or doing indie deals for himself.

Ice-T went at the cops and law enforcement in political protest with Cop Killer. Ice-t is truly a legend within Hip Hop.

I grew up in BK and Ice-T was that dude from the first listen of "six in the morning".

You somehow find yourself in a trial by combat and you can only choose one of these two rappers to spit a hot 16, they lose, you both die/get locked up.

Ice-T or Rakim?

I would choose Rakim more then likely. But if, I needed cat who could spit game, keep it 100 and we slide out I'm going with Ice-T. Both are legends in their own right.
    rip.dilla

Ice-T or Rakim?

I would choose Rakim more then likely. But if, I needed cat who could spit game, keep it 100 and we slide out I'm going with Ice-T. Both are legends in their own right.

Cube or Ice-T?

Ice-T or Rakim?

Cube or Ice-T?

It would be a tie for me in the MC category. But again both are legends for similar contributions and legends for very different contributions.

But how about Ice-T used East Coast production on his debut (Africa Islam) and Cube used East Coast production for his solo debut (bomb squad). Also both had the Govt. on their asses for going at the police. Legends!!

Ice-T or Rakim?

Cube or Ice-T?

It would be a tie for me in the MC category. But again both are legends for similar contributions and legends for very different contributions.

But how about Ice-T used East Coast production on his debut (Africa Islam) and Cube used East Coast production for his solo debut (bomb squad). Also both had the Govt. on their asses for going at the police. Legends!!

Nah b Cube would spit rounds around Ice-T and that's not even debatable.

So would Kool G rap, Big Daddy Kane, LL cool J and anyone from Ice-T time.

He's a legend in the sense that he's a pioneer and influenced a lot, but on the mic? Nah.

That's what the thread is about

Ice-T or Rakim?

Cube or Ice-T?

Nah b Cube would spit rounds around Ice-T and that's not even debatable.

So would Kool G rap, Big Daddy Kane, LL cool J and anyone from Ice-T time.

He's a legend in the sense that he's a pioneer and influenced a lot, but on the mic? Nah.

That's what the thread is about

This was your original post.

"I've seen people on here big up so called legends and act like they were actually hot at one point but can't seem to point out a dope album or even a song.

Ice-T and Krs fits in this category "

Family. Rhymes Pays is not just a dope album but a Classic album. Power is a Dope album. And the song "colors" is an undeniable classic. It was what made the entire movie soundtrack. Not to mention one of the major beer company's is using the song for a current marketing campaign. Chill family you don't have valid argument as to why Ice-T isn't also a legend on the MIC.
    Busta Carmichael Chi SnowBlackAX410
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when KRS and Ice T were both in their prime. Its not necessarily their flow that made them legends, its their subject matter. They spoke about things that big name rappers like Run DMC, Salt N Pepa or LL Cool J wouldn't address.

KRS and Ice T talked about racism, drugs, violence and how the government is corrupt. KRS and Ice T were the first rappers (along with Public Enemy) to make entire albums about socio-political issues.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

Kwan Daiskpjr78kingtob330
    Cain wrote: »
    Ice-T haven't been the same since Cool J burnt his perm. Great actor though

fmzcv3hzh8j1.png
    blackgod813
    edited June 14
    Nah jokes aside I hear what u guys are saying.

They are legends in their own right but flow wise they're lack luster.

Aint nobody under the age of 52 bumping​ no damn Iceberg or Kris
    Chi SnowCashmoneyDuxBlackAX410