The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Replies

• stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sean-spicer-trump-weekends-at-mar-a-lago-part-of-being-president
    WH: Trump's Weekends At Mar-A-Lago Are 'Part Of Being President'

White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Monday said that President Donald Trump has no plans to cut back on weekends at his private Mar-a-Lago club because those trips are "part of being President."

"I think that is a vast reach to suggest," Spicer said during his daily briefing in response to a question about whether Trump plans to take fewer trips to Mar-a-Lago in light of his professed respect for taxpayers' money.

Politico estimated in February that Trump's first visit to Mar-a-Lago as president could cost taxpayers more than $3 million. That figure was based on a report by the Government Accountability Office about a trip President Barack Obama took in 2013.

Trump has so far spent six weekends at his club in Palm Beach, Florida, since his inauguration.

Spicer said that Trump "carries the apparatus of the White House" wherever he goes.

"I mean, presidents always travel," he said. "That is just something that happens."

"No president has traveled so often and so early to their own private residence," Bloomberg reporter Shannon Pettypiece said.

"President Bush went to Crawford," Spicer said, referring to President George W. Bush’s trips to his ranch in Crawford, Texas.

"Not as often," Pettypiece replied.

"I get it, I get it. But at the same time, the President is very clear that he works seven days a week," Spicer said. "This is where he goes to see his family. He brings people down there. This is part of being President."

vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-says-us-military-should-not-have-left-iraq
    Trump Now Says U.S. Military 'Should Never Ever Have Left' Iraq

Contrary to a series of past statements on the issue, President Donald Trump said Monday that the U.S. military “should never ever have left” Iraq in 2011.

“Certainly we shouldn’t have left. We should never ever have left,” Trump told Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi at the White House. “And a vacuum was created, and we discussed what happened.”

“But we’ll spend a lot of time with you, with your group, and thank you all very much for being here, we appreciate it,” Trump continued. “And we will figure something out. Our main thrust is we have to get rid of ISIS. We’re going to get rid of ISIS. It will happen, it’s happening right now."

Trump has a rich history of changing opinions on the war in Iraq. He was for the United States’ 2003 invasion of the country before his opinion changed somewhat, first evidenced in a 2004 Esquire interview ("Look at the war in Iraq and the mess that we're in. I would never have handled it that way.”)

In 2007, he said the United States should simply “get out.”

“Declare victory and leave,” he told CNN.

In 2008, he told GQ, in an interview surfaced by BuzzFeed: “I’d get out of Iraq right now.”

In 2011, according to the same BuzzFeed report, he told CNN’s Piers Morgan that he would get U.S. troops in Iraq “out real fast.”

CNN’s Andrew Kaczynski, who authored BuzzFeed’s report, claimed on Twitter Monday that he had found audio of Trump advocating for a quicker withdrawal than Obama’s as late as 2014.

In November 2008, the United States government, under then-President George W. Bush, signed off on a Status of Forces Agreement, which specified that all U.S. forces would withdraw from Iraq “no later than December 31, 2011.”
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 28,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity what happens if the FBI finds ties between Trump and Russia?

IMPEACHMENT

As long as the Republicans control the House and Senate I don't think this is going to happen.

I believe they'd gladly watch the Trump administration take this country straight to hell with a gleam in their eyes, while lining their pockets, and pushing their legislative agenda.

at what point does lining your pocket become useless if the world around you is shit?
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

texas409a.mann
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 28,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-says-us-military-should-not-have-left-iraq
    Trump Now Says U.S. Military 'Should Never Ever Have Left' Iraq

Contrary to a series of past statements on the issue, President Donald Trump said Monday that the U.S. military “should never ever have left” Iraq in 2011.

“Certainly we shouldn’t have left. We should never ever have left,” Trump told Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi at the White House. “And a vacuum was created, and we discussed what happened.”

“But we’ll spend a lot of time with you, with your group, and thank you all very much for being here, we appreciate it,” Trump continued. “And we will figure something out. Our main thrust is we have to get rid of ISIS. We’re going to get rid of ISIS. It will happen, it’s happening right now."

Trump has a rich history of changing opinions on the war in Iraq. He was for the United States’ 2003 invasion of the country before his opinion changed somewhat, first evidenced in a 2004 Esquire interview ("Look at the war in Iraq and the mess that we're in. I would never have handled it that way.”)

In 2007, he said the United States should simply “get out.”

“Declare victory and leave,” he told CNN.

In 2008, he told GQ, in an interview surfaced by BuzzFeed: “I’d get out of Iraq right now.”

In 2011, according to the same BuzzFeed report, he told CNN’s Piers Morgan that he would get U.S. troops in Iraq “out real fast.”

CNN’s Andrew Kaczynski, who authored BuzzFeed’s report, claimed on Twitter Monday that he had found audio of Trump advocating for a quicker withdrawal than Obama’s as late as 2014.

In November 2008, the United States government, under then-President George W. Bush, signed off on a Status of Forces Agreement, which specified that all U.S. forces would withdraw from Iraq “no later than December 31, 2011.”

not enough white people died for them to want to pull out
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

• naledgestatenaledgestate Posts: 287 ✭✭
    Just out of curiosity what happens if the FBI finds ties between Trump and Russia?

IMPEACHMENT

Real talk... I want to see that motherf**ker hanged for treason.

Impeachment should just be the beginning of Trump's problems if they found out he colluded with Russia.

Mr.LVgnsa.mann
  • Crude_Crude_ Legend Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

IMPEACHMENT

As long as the Republicans control the House and Senate I don't think this is going to happen.

I believe they'd gladly watch the Trump administration take this country straight to hell with a gleam in their eyes, while lining their pockets, and pushing their legislative agenda.

at what point does lining your pocket become useless if the world around you is shit?

Most of the shit won't effect them.

If we go to war those old rich White guys aren't going they'll actually profit from it.

If gas goes up it benefits oil executives, CEOs, etc which are old White men that have lobbyist influencing these politicians.

You get the point most of these so called conservatives profit off other people's misery.
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 47,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tami Lahren fired?? From what again
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

• infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 48,252 Regulator

For being pro-choice lol
    tumblr_oqf7jvQVoh1tnaufeo2_540.jpg
    tumblr_onj2y2VMMA1sc0ffqo4_540.gif
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • mc317mc317 Deranged Meat the landPosts: 5,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #TetrisGate
    #wholesquadcommies
    #smirnoffontherussianhoes

Cold Sardines Cold Sardines fuck em and feed em Cold Sardines
    blackrain wrote: »

But.. But.. Trump ain't racist tho...
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

a.mann
    http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-napolitano-fox-news-20170320-story.html
    Fox News pulls Judge Napolitano over his Trump wiretap claims

Fox News senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano is being kept off the air indefinitely amid the controversy over his unverified claims that British intelligence wiretapped Trump Tower at the behest of former President Obama.

Fox News did not respond to inquiries about Napolitano’s status Monday. Napolitano was conspicuously missing from the network’s coverage of the confirmation hearings on Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch — an event in which he typically would have played a significant role. He has not been on the air since Thursday.

People familiar with the situation who could speak only on the condition of anonymity said Napolitano is not expected to be on Fox News Channel any time in the near future. Napolitano was not available for comment.

On March 4, President Trump first tweeted the accusation that Obama ordered his “‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower just before the victory.”

“Nothing found,” Trump tweeted. “This is McCarthyism!”

The tweet has been widely discredited, but last week, Napolitano heightened the controversy — and caused a major embarrassment for Fox News — when he presented a scenario on several programs that backed the accusation.

The former New Jersey Superior Court judge, citing unnamed sources, said that the British foreign surveillance agency, the Government Communications Headquarters, “most likely” provided Obama with transcripts of Trump’s recorded calls.

“By bypassing all American intelligence services, Obama would have had access to what he wanted with no Obama administration fingerprints,” Napolitano wrote in a column on FoxNews.com.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer cited Napolitano’s charge last week when asked why President Trump continues to stand by his initial claim. The British spy agency sharply denounced Napolitano’s allegations, saying they are “utterly ridiculous and should be ignored."

That rebuttal did not stop President Trump from citing Napolitano as a source again when he was asked about the wiretapping claims at a Friday news conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

“You shouldn’t be talking to me; you should be talking to Fox News,” said Trump, who described Napolitano as “a very talented lawyer.”

Fox News gives its analysts much more latitude than correspondents and anchors in regard to what they can say on the network.

But Napolitano said on one program that "Fox News has spoken to intelligence community members who believe that surveillance did occur, that it was done by British intelligence.”

Fox News, however, did no such thing, forcing its anchors to walk back Napolitano’s statement.

“Fox News knows of no evidence of any kind that the now-president of the United States was surveilled at any time, in any way,” Shepard Smith told viewers Friday.

In a statement read on the Fox News program “MediaBuzz” on Sunday, Napolitano defended his comments. He said he “reported what the sources told me, reported it accurately and I do believe the substance of what they told me.”

On Monday, FBI Director James Comey testified before Congress that he had “no information” supporting Trump’s claims. National Security Director Michael Rogers also refuted Trump’s claim. He testified that the Obama administration did not ask the British agency to spy on Trump — nor would it ever make such a request because it would be “expressly against the construct” of intelligence agreements between the U.S. and its allies.

|
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

marc123a.mann
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 13,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both Hillary Clinton and Donald
    Trump had FBI investigations at the same time but they only revealed Clinton FBI investigation to the public.

izsej6W8x1bly.png
    blue_londonsouthsil4lil
    Republicans Healthcare changed to gain votes

izsej6W8x1bly.png
    smh @ trump holding a campaign style rally in Kentucky today....wtf tho. This fuck nigga really still talking bout draining the swamp n giving the country back to the ppl n shit! lol. Nigga, u won, ppl bought the con n elected u. Now jus stfu, he is such a child. Looking for gratification.
    naledgestatefarris2k1
    edited March 21
    Oberman going in...

lol...

DNB1
  • 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 27,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually she's suspended
    I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
    huey
    I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 48,252 Regulator
    Confirmation hearing for Trump's Supreme Court pick.

izsej6W8x1bly.png
    Tillerson plans to skip NATO meeting, visit Russia in April - sources

Tillerson plans to skip NATO meeting, visit Russia in April - sources

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson plans to skip a meeting with NATO foreign ministers next month in order to stay home for a visit by China's president and will go to Russia later in April, U.S. officials said on Monday, disclosing an itinerary that allies may see as giving Moscow priority over them.

Tillerson intends to miss what would have been his first meeting of the 28 NATO allies on April 5-6 in Brussels so that he can attend President Donald Trump's expected April 6-7 talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, four current and former U.S. officials said.

Skipping the NATO meeting and visiting Moscow could risk feeding a perception that Trump may be putting U.S. dealings with big powers first, while leaving waiting those smaller nations that depend on Washington for security, two former U.S. officials said.

Trump has often praised Russian President Vladimir Putin, and Tillerson worked with Russia's government for years as a top executive at Exxon Mobil Corp, and has questioned the wisdom of sanctions against Russia that he said could harm U.S. businesses.

A State Department spokeswoman said Tillerson would meet on Wednesday with foreign ministers from 26 of the 27 other NATO countries -- all but Croatia -- at a gathering of the coalition working to defeat the Islamic State militant group.

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg was due to have arrived in Washington on Monday for a three-day visit that was to include talks with U.S. Defense Secretary James Mattis and to take part in the counter-Islamic State meetings.

The State Department spokeswoman said Tillerson would not have a separate, NATO-focused meeting the 26 foreign ministers in Washington but rather that they would meet in the counter-Islamic State talks.

"After these consultations and meetings, in April he will travel to a meeting of the G7 (Group of Seven) in Italy and then on to meetings in Russia," she added, saying U.S. Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Tom Shannon would represent the United States at the NATO foreign ministers meeting.

'GRAVE ERROR'

Representative Eliot Engel, the senior Democrat on the U.S. House of Representatives foreign affairs committee, said that Tillerson was making a mistake by skipping the Brussels talks.

"Donald Trump's Administration is making a grave error that will shake the confidence of America's most important alliance and feed the concern that this Administration simply too cozy with (Russian President) Vladimir Putin," Engel said in a written statement.

"I cannot fathom why the Administration would pursue this course except to signal a change in American foreign policy that draws our country away from western democracy's most important institutions and aligns the United States more closely with the autocratic regime in the Kremlin," he added.

A former U.S. official echoed the view.

"It feeds this narrative that somehow the Trump administration is playing footsie with Russia," said the former U.S. official on condition of anonymity.

"You don’t want to do your early business with the world's great autocrats. You want to start with the great democracies, and NATO is the security instrument of the transatlantic group of great democracies," he added.

Any Russian visit by a senior Trump administration official may be carefully scrutinized after the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation on Monday publicly confirmed his agency was investigating any collusion between the Russian government and Trump's 2016 presidential election campaign.

Trump has already worried NATO allies by referring to the Western security alliance as "obsolete" and by pressing other members to meet their commitments to spend at least 2 percent of gross domestic product on defense.

Last week, he dismayed British officials by shrugging off a media report, forcefully denied by Britain, that the administration of former President Barack Obama tapped his phones during the 2016 White House race with the aid of Britain's GCHQ spy agency.

A former U.S. official and a former NATO diplomat, both speaking on condition of anonymity, said the alliance offered to change the meeting dates so Tillerson could attend it and the Xi Jinping talks but the State Department had rebuffed the idea.

The former diplomat said it was vital to present a united front toward Moscow. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization was created in 1949 to serve as a bulwark against the Soviet Union.

"Given the challenge that Russia poses, not just to the United States but to Europe, it's critical to engage on the basis of a united front if at all possible," the diplomat said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-tillerson-idUSKBN16S04I
    stringer bellsouthsil4lilFigoMallyG